Memories

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Eevee, Oct 20, 2001.

1. Eevee

Eevee Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hello everybody,

Its been a while since I posted here, but recently something is bothering me about my past life memories. I have the feeling that I am repeating things and I don't know how to solve it.

These are some memories I had:
    A young girl, daughter of a plantation owner. My daddy is a very nice man, I don't feel the presence of a mother.
    I like playing with the kids of the slaves, but my daddy doesn't like it, he says its not appropriate. I am dissappointed, and from then on I only play with the black kids when my daddy is not around. I know he is nice and treats the slaves well.

Other memory : I am looking trough a window, feels like England some centuries ago, and I see kids playing on the streets. They are playing rather roughly, almost fighting. I want to join them, but for some reason I can't go out to play with them, I am not sure why, maybe because I am ill, maybe because I am of 'higher class' then those street kids...

And now for real life....a year ago I met a guy in chat, we get along so well, we feel very familiar, like we have known each other before, he lives 8000 km away from me, but is planning to immigrate. We both would want a relation, but especially according to his culture we shouldn't, he should go for an arranged marriage according to his parents will, and he is also 13 years younger than me. I am so confused, seems I always want to get involved with people that somehow I should better not get involved to.
    Can anyone help me please? Is this really a repeating story? I don't know how those memories went further, so I don't know if I always DID contact those people even though there were difficulties, but I have more the feeling that I didn't, that I just obeyed others. Should I this time go for it, and follow my heart? Or should I better again just drop it? I would be very thankful for any comments on this.

2. Susie

Susie Dreamer-former moderator

Hi Eevee,

Welcome! As to your memories you've shared, what feelings come up for you? Can you see a relation between those past life memories and issues in your life right now? Try journaling your memories and simply writing anything about them that comes up for you. Don't judge what your write down- just follow your intuition and keep going. Journaling might help you gain perspective on your past lives.

Now, as for the guy, all of you answers are within you.

Susie

------------------
    Free will allows me to choose my path, but my Higher Power lights the way....

3. Eevee

Hello Susie,

Thanx for your reply.
    Concerning my feelings about those memories, I feel like it was always others telling me what to do, like I always had to obey others that said they knew what was best for me. And yes, it also happened in this lifetime, I can give two examples, I married a man everyone was telling me he was not the right person for me, and indeed we got a divorce, mostly under influence of both our families (his family was always telling bad things about me to him, and my family was telling bad things about him to me, and apparently our relation was not strong enough to withstand our family opinions).
    Secondly, I have one sister, 14 years older then me, and as our mother died when I was 13, maybe she felt some responsibility towards me, and she really acted always very dominant towards me, wanting me to follow her instructions in every major decision in my life. It was only recently (I am 41 now) that I got the courage to tell her no, I am a grown up woman and capable of making my own decisions and face the consequences of it. I feel really relieved now that I made that clear to her, but she had some troubles accepting it, but finally she did, she is not so much interfering in my life now anymore. But I know she will try it again, and that I will have difficulties in following my own opinion every time again.

I am still puzzled why I am always drawn to people that don't 'fit' in my environment, bacause that also seems to be an issue that comes back lifetime after lifetime....and I also feel very much the need to get clearance about it, I feel its important to me that I can find it out soon.
    Anyway, I am very thankful that I can share this on this forum, I think it can help when people show me a different side of it...
    This really is a great forum, I love being here with you all.

Bye !!!

Eevee

4. Eevee

Concerning my memories in what I think was England, I was standing at the window in a room with a high ceiling, there was some armchair behind me, and behind that were bookshelves. I am a girl, and I look pale, I think my health is weak, and I wear long white cotton nightwear with long sleeves, at the wrists there is some ribbon I think, to keep it closed at the wrists,like elastic (sorry, I can't explain very well, my english is not so good).
    The kids in the street : the boys are wearing caps, grey or black or dark blue, and dark jackets and trousers just below the knee. Some girls that are watching the boys fighting wear grey long skirts, looking raggedy, and white but dirty blouses, one girl wears some short jacket over it.
    From out of the window I see a large street, a main road I think, it has some pavement but there are holes in it, its muddy. The kids came around the corner, from an alley. They were playing some game or a contest with a large ring I think and the boys started fighting and pushing (to win?). The girls were watching and yelling, maybe encouraging one of them. It seemed like a cloudy day, I see no sunshine, but its not raining either, but the street is muddy. The houses I see on the other side of the road are not wide, but high, I think I also live in such house. Thats about all I remember up till now.

Greetings to you all,

5. Kelly

Kelly Administrator Emeritus

Hi Eevee

It sounds a lot like Victorian England or from then on and into the mid 1900’s. The clothes you describe on the young boys, reminds me of the old school uniforms: blazer, cap, shirt and long shorts….and the girls also of course, wore a skirt, blazer (sometimes omitted for girls or optional) and shirt. I know this sounds really silly…but can you remember whether the boys (or even girls) were wearing ties??? School colours are all different depending on the school and borough you live in…so I thought that maybe if you could remember a finer detail like this, you may be able to get a better fix on the area and maybe some more information.

The weather certainly sounds British…it doesn’t have to be raining to be grey and cloudy over here.

And the houses, sound like the Victorian houses…very tall – but not so much wide….and all joined together in a line down the whole road. If you have any more info, I would willingly try and help as much as I could.

As to the game…it sounds like an old school playground and street game called British Bulldog (or sometimes it’s called Victory)….it involves a lot of pushing and fighting to win, as one side has to conquer over to the others in order to get to the other side – which is of course the objective to win – it’s considered too dangerous nowadays and is banned from school playgrounds, but they still played it when I was at school – and it believe me, I received a few shining black and blue bruises in my time. The defending team normally all link hands, arms or whatever to form a block to the attacking side…and normally a lot of fists fly (kids played rough games in them times).

------------------
    Lots of Love
    Kelly

[This message has been edited by Kelly (edited 10-22-2001).]

6. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Eevee,

You're original question and reflection regarding your past lives is a MAJOR point!You said you felt like you were repeating things and you are looking for a resolution. To me Eevee... I say -- BINGO!

This is one important reason, I believe, why we need to remember past lives - In order to heal..from negativity, anger, and fear, we need to remember.

It seems to me that our consciousness needs to remember in order to heal, to move to a place of clearing all the bad thoughts, feelings and emotions stored within the ethereal body.

G. de Purucker the head of the Theosophical Society from 1929 until 1942 regarded the accumulation of memories in the ether-body a growth of earthly “things.” As memories come back into recollection, or back into consciousness, there is a patterning of “human electricity” a wave or vibration which in turn cause the soul to recreate itself from the last life - “consequences karman.”

What he is suggesting is that memories during life - also influence the next life and can be the cause or consequence of our reality.

In other words..our consciousness creates.
    In the seminal text called the Dhammapada, which means The Way of Truth, the power of our thoughts is clearly stated:

I hope this helps...
    ------------------
    Love and Light,
    Deborah

The soul's Center...is God.