Movies & entertainment from past times. as possible triggers.

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Marc Ross, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Cont.....

I'm originally from Los Angeles, and have seen movie locations, and been on studio tours as a youth.

Some of these films include movies that were notable/popular during the time I feel my PL lived (1920s through the 1950s).

Despite the actual experience of being where entertainment history has taken place, I've felt no 'deja-vu memories of interest.'

Go figure!

2. Kapitan

Kapitan Probationary

It's not so much movies...

...as it is restored theaters.:rolleyes: There is one near where I live that was built in '41 and has been fully restored.

Been in there a few times to see movies...:rolleyes:

I love the glory of the old theaters. These 'cinema-plex' monstrosities are... meh. Leave much to be desired.

3. Mammatus

Mammatus A Squid With a Rocketship

Modernstrosity, that's what they should be called :laugh:

Oh yes, the old theaters. *harp and Hallelujah chorus*

4. Kapitan

Kapitan Probationary

"Modernstrosity"... perfect.

Yeah - I'm a bit of an 'old romantic' at heart. : angel If I ever did 'dinner and a movie' - it would be done the good ol' fashioned way - old theater and eating at an 'vintage' place too that's either preserved or restored.

5. Marc Ross

Cont...

Hello,

The other night, I had seen the 1972 movie 'Play it Again, Sam' on DVD.

When I was a kid, my parents took me to see 'Play it Again, Sam' in the theater as part of learning about Director/Actor Woody Allen's work.

The movie 'Play it Again, Sam' began with Woody Allen (as an Actor) viewing that last famous scene of Humphrey Bogart at the airport in 'Casablanca' in a movie theater. 'Play it Again, Sam' at times juxtaposed Bogart as giving advice to Woody Allen (Actor) throught this 1972 film.

Anyways, this is the only experience of seeing that famous scene of 'Casablanca' in the theater; yet, I don't recall any 'deja-vu' like memories of interest for PL recall at the time. Post #12 in this discussion thread provides further details of my experience/thoughts after seeing samples of vintage movies in a theater as a kid.

Anyways, it is surprising that 'Casablanca' and Humprhey Bogart's memorable role didn't evoke any deja-vu like memories of interest; esp. considering that 'Casablanca' took place in WWII North-Africa (Morrocco), and I strongly feel that my PL served in support-roles (support roles inferred as I've experienced no PL regression memories of conflict) in WWII North Africa (Tunisia).

Marc

6. Marc Ross

'War of the Worlds' (radio drama)

Hello,

PBS broadcast a one-hour documentary on the 'War of the Worlds' radio drama from 1938. The documentary discussed how and why the 'War of the Worlds' radio show panicked so many people.

Have shows discussing (or just a recording of) the 'War of the Worlds' broadcast evoked "memories of interest" regarding possible past-lives? Would the voice of 'Orson Welles' alone evoke 'deja-vu like' feelings?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_of_the_Worlds_(radio_drama)

Marc

7. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

You can listen to it

8. Marc Ross

'2001 Space Odyssey' - audio in movie.

Hello,

I had just experienced the film '2001 Space Odyssey' recently; a film noted for it's audio that evoked fascinating, and profound feelings; the feelings that some new-age audio recordings also evoke (most notably, such audio is sometimes applied in the background of space-themed movies, and shows on Astronomy/deep-space).

Such audio recordings can also be applied as background for PL regression/meditation exercises; as the sound frequencies applied may evoke memories of interest regarding PL recall.

Anyways, for people who felt their PLs lived in the late 1960s, when '2001 Space Odyssey' was playing in movie theaters, it would be interesting to experience the film from a home theater system, in order to possibly evoke possible PL-related memories.

After all, both the "almost silent" background of a spaceship's propulsion systems, and the audio in the "Beyond the Infinite" parts of 'Space Odyssey' evoked that profound, mysterious, almost scary feeling!

Marc

9. Marc Ross

Lawrence of Arabia -- Remembering Omar Sharif

I want to see 'Lawrence of Arabia' -- esp. considering that the desert landscapes may remind me of my possible past-life in WWII Tunisia (believed to be the U.S. Quartermaster, Transportation Corps units of WWII).

It's interesting to view classic movies that included excellent musical background/themes, which further adds to the experience of the movies.

In addition to 'Lawrence of Arabia', 'Dr. Zhivago' is another movie I would like to see (In remembering Omar Sharif). Both movies came-out just after I believe my PL had died. 'Dr. Zhivago' came out just after I was born.

The styles of movies from late 1950s through the early 1960s e.g., 'Exodus', 'The Ten Commandments' is what I'm seeking to "ring a bell so to speak"; as my PL may have been alive to experience these movies in theaters.

10. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

I don't believe it's just nostalgia that makes that generation so enamored of their movies. I do believe that the industry was turning out genuine masterpieces. I'm a bit younger than that era, but I can see how such cinematic epics that depended on artistry as opposed to CGI and flashy effects (and snarky one-liners that we're expected to start quipping as soon as we leave the theater) could leave an indelible impression. Yes, I know there was schlock as well, but there have been very few movies in recent decades that match those classics, IMO.

11. argonne1918

"Patton" would be another classic movie you should watch. I think some of it was filmed in Morocco. "Lawrence of Arabia" was set in WWI but the desert landscape should be similar. I saw both movies many years ago. Both are Excellent.

12. Marc Ross

Gen. George Patton

Thank-you for the recommendation for the 1970 film 'Patton.'

Just seen 'Patton' and noted the landscapes, and re-creation of WWII tanks, vehicles, battles, etc.

Up until the scene of Carthage, where Patton admitted he was the reincarnation of an ancient war-warrior, I had overlooked Patton as a famous person who believed in reincarnation. The actual experience (as opposed to photographs, films) of being at Carthage may have been that "trigger" for Patton.

Naturally, I was struck by the irony; regarding my possible PL, and possible service with the Transportation Corps in WWII North Africa (believed to be around the time of the surrender of Rommel's Forces in May, 1943).

Patton was from Southern California, and hence was familiar with the Mojave Desert region. Patton commanded training exercises in the Southern CA. desert region, which is very similar to the North African desert environments.

There is a museum for Patton thirty-miles east of the Palm Springs area adjacent to Interstate 10.

http://generalpattonmuseum.com/

Has Gen. George Patton been considered as a strong case supporting reincarnation?

Marc

13. argonne1918

I don't think he ever had enough information for anyone to research. No name, dates, etc. Just a feeling he had been there before. I read that his aunt believed in reincarnation and the paranormal. That may have had an influence on him. Patton's nickname in the war was "Blood and Guts". He certainly had guts to talk about a past life before it became popular.

14. argonne1918

That base at Fort Irwin was built for Patton so they could train before going to North Africa.

15. Marc Ross

Travel to desert environments / possible PL memories?

Continuing discussions on how travel to certain types of desert environments may act as "triggers" to PL lives in WWII North Africa, or any PLs in desert locations in the thread: Travel/Vacations as Possible Triggers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
  16. Marc Ross

ADDENDUM: Just viewed 'Lawrence of Arabia' on DVD. Impressed to see a story made into an almost four-hour film. Four hour-films in the theater are almost unheard of in "this day in age."

Seeing the movie in a theater would have really added to the experience. Parts of 'Lawrence of Arabia' were filmed in Morocco; a country of cultures/landscapes are very similar to where WWII in North Africa (Tunisia) took place.

Can it be asked (based on my own personal belief of PL experiences in WWII North Africa) that travel through ancient civilizations, and mountainous desert landscapes in Morocco might evoke deja-vu memories of interest?

17. argonne1918

I'm sure traveling in that area would be sure to evoke PL memories. When "Lawrence Of Arabia" came out in 1962 I think it was in "Cinerama". This was a super wide screen format they were experimenting with to get people to turn their black and white TV off and come back to the theater. Many older theaters were hastily converted to "cinerama" by adding two more screens. Each one was at an angle on each side of the center screen. They had to remove seats to do this in many cases, but it gave sort of a "wrap around" effect. They also needed 3 projectors instead of one. This is where the IMAX idea came from. There are no more cinerama theaters anymore, they were converted back to one screen. A few years later the multiplex movie theaters came in and many of the old theaters were sold and/or torn down.