Moving On

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Ghost of Gumby, May 30, 2011.

1. Ghost of Gumby

Ghost of Gumby Hi, Friends : )

Yes I have created blogs of my PL memories and I will also post some of these memories here again and everyone's comments and discussion is welcome

2. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Hi Ghost of Gumby,

Just to clarify, you are more than welcome to share your memories here, but we have a policy that we don't allow journaling. It's always a fine line, but generally we define it as posting very long segments without leaving any room or questions for people to discuss. As Deborah writes, this is first and foremost a discussion board and while we do allow sharing memories without discussion, we have to draw a line somewhere. I'm sorry if this makes you feel you cannot participate on the forum anymore.

You are still more than welcome to join the discussion and share your memories within the guidelines :thumbsup:

3. Ghost of Gumby

Ghost of Gumby Hi, Friends : )

My Blog Page

I have created a blog page which includes all the the writings that were once posted in Past Life Discussions.

4. RemainingSpirit

RemainingSpirit Remaining Spirit

But the best discussions often circle around the journaling of people's memories. Excluding the stories may be why there just isn't much discussion available here.

5. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

I think there's a difference between making a single thread with your memories and writing a novel that runs for post after post with no room for discussion. Summary=good. "Lord of the Rings" style epic trilogy=bad.

The approach GoG has taken is a fine compromise, I think. Most people ignore "walls of text" unless they have intentionally downloaded a document that they know is going to be lengthy, such as an eBook or technical manual.

6. Goldenage

Goldenage Senior Registered

blog experiences off-site - why not?

So, simple blog experiences off-site, why not? But I agree both discussion and reference material are required in order that insight can be extracted.

If a past-life experience is just documented (journalistic-ally) then how does it (or can it) differ from a diary-account?

It is the attempt to extract higher meaning from past-life experience that should be encouraged IMHO.

7. crystal_44

crystal_44 Crystal

I am confused. Many of the forum's members have links to blog sites, there's even a thread on the topic. Is this against forum policy? Or is posting lengthy memories on the forum an issue? I have seen this as well, but always with discussion and often leading to revelations for multiple people. I am guessing I missed something? :eek:

8. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Hiya Crystal,

It's not against the forum policies to have a blog outside the forum and to link to it - not at all :)

It's generally not a problem to post lengthy memories either. This thread concerned a very specific case, which was slightly over the top :) angel).

We have a policy about journalling in the open forum, because it usually doesn't invite to discussions or questions. This forum is meant as a place to share experiences and discuss them, so we try to draw a line somewhere :)

9. Who Am I???

Who Am I??? New Member

I must say that I really enjoyed GoG's posts about both Kattie and Ginny(I was a long time forum lurker, before I actually joined the site:D). Both really great reads.

10. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I just read Ginny's story, it reminded me of the Dear America series of children's books. Well written. If not for the murder of her parents it could easily have been part of the series.

Great memories.