Nazi Occupation of Paris

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by BriarRose, Apr 13, 2014.

1. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I have suspected for some time that I was alive during World War II. I couldn't understand my overly intense feelings about the War, since it ended four years before I was born. I think a dream I had last night may have solved the puzzle.

A soul mate of mine died during the Normandy invasion. He remembers being in love with a girl who sang in a bar in New Orleans before he was deployed. D Day occurred in 1944. I have PL connections to New Orleans, and was told in this life by a man I knew that he always imagined me draped across a piano, singing in a club. I am really drawn to Blues music, and Big Band of the 30's and early 40's.

Last night, I dreamed that I was an American expatriate, living in Paris at the beginning of the German occupation. I knew that I was employed singing in a cabaret. I was with a black musician who I recognized as my spirit guide, Gus. We had been herded onto a narrow bridge in the city of Paris. It felt like late spring/early summer. German troops had blocked both ends of the bridge. I knew that I spoke a little German, and being a white woman, might be allowed to live. I was still terrified. I saw no way to save Gus, or the other black musicians on the bridge. I thought they would be sent to the camps, or immediately shot. Some milled about - others were disdainful of the treatment that we were receiving. I thought that if we were allowed to leave the bridge, we needed to try to blend in with the population, but that would be impossible for Gus. I wish I knew what happened to my friend, and now, Guide. I don't. I think I was allowed to leave Paris, and went to work in that bar in New Orleans. I met the Lieutenant, fell in love, and my life ended in the U.S. after he was killed at Normandy. I had red hair then, as I do now. As a child I always thought that the Nazis would have spared my life because I looked so Aryan. I think that is what happened in Paris.

This dream continued through the night, but the bridge is all I can recall with any detail. When I thought about it this morning, the pieces fell into place.

The whole story makes me shiver, as if someone stepped on my grave.

2. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

Your name didn't happen to be Johanne, did it?

I have had several dreams where I became friends with a tall lady with red hair and green eyes, who was a singer and musician. We met in America, whilst crossing a road! Then ended up in Europe and I lost her when we became caught up in the war. I remember the instant we became friends, when after a nerve-wracking and muddy down-hill drive, we were met by a black man, who was one of her friends, scalding her for driving so dangerously and putting herself at risk, because, what would he do if she killed herself?

After I lost her, I found myself looking after a couple of lost and abandoned war children. One was a baby with a streak of red hair, who I named after Johanne believing it was a sign from her.

3. BriarRose

Lynnette. You have put me in a spin. The physical description fits. It was JoAnn. I'm sorry - I'm crying, and can't type. Only one letter is different from my current middle name. I always thought my mother spelled it wrong, and have to look it up on my birth certificate every time I need it. I'm an awful driver, again, and I try not to do it. I sing all the time, but not as well as JoAnn did. My old friend, you are back. I always thought you seemed familiar, but I didn't know from where, or when. I know Gus is not incarnate, because he is in my dreams, and protects me still. That is literally what he does - physically protect me. The Nazis must have killed him, so he couldn't prevent my life from ending early. I have dreams about an orphanage in France during, or before the war. There are a lot of children, and it's in the countryside, not Paris. Did we visit it together? I hope you didn't let me drive. My husband calls me Mrs.Toad, as in the "Wind in the Willows" - it's that bad. Did we all go to Europe together, and get divided by the War? It was dusk when the Nazis had us on the bridge. I think they waited to detain us, until we showed up for work that night. My lives usually don't affect me badly, but when I put the pieces of this one together, I went into the bathroom and was sick. I have time displacement vertigo. All I can say is H001

4. BriarRose

I think I used the spelling you knew to make plain, old JoAnn more glamorous for the stage. :eek:

5. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

{{BriarRose}} {{Lynette}}

6. Demi

Demi Senior Registered

OMG... I can only say wow to this! Wishing you luck in sorting it out.

Demi

7. BriarRose

My mind is still reeling - I have what I call "time travel vertigo". Being around this forum has helped me come a long way, Demi. Lynette and I last saw each other 74 years ago. OMG This must happen all the time, but the souls involved don't figure it out. I think Gus died in Viet Nam in the 60's. Sometimes, I see him dressed as a commando.

Lynette, in a dream, he told me his real name was "Augustus"? Could he be your Gust?

8. Demi

Demi Senior Registered

It's really fascinating when something like that surfaces... I am starting to find out how many people around my in my closest vicinity had lives in WW2, admitting to be Holocaust victims and such... sometimes I just have trouble believing, too, lately a person very close to me resonated to one of my PL experiences, saying it was him there, and usually he doesn't even believe in PL research and all!

9. BriarRose

This makes at least four forum members that I have found Pl connections with - and I am not the only one. There are other cases. We find out by "accident", usually. Are there any accidents, really?

10. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

Very awesome, both of you. I feel connected with some of you, but don't have the pl memory associated with it, yet. :)

11. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

Wow. It's really amazing to watch the connection "in real time!" That's pretty neat. :eek:

12. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

Wow!

Somehow I was not expecting an actual yes, to that question! Well, a part of me was, but I didn't actually believe it!

Do you remember your surname at all? The first time I met Jo, crossing a road, in Canada, I think, she told me her name was Johanne Gutteinstein. That was in fact our first meeting together. We were strangers waiting to cross, and she turned round to me and said, 'I'm Jo Guttenstein'. I thought, oh. Okay?! She was a stunning woman.

The memory I have of the dangerous drive started up with us trying to warn a friend of mine that he was in danger. But we started off in the city, and ended up in the country, so maybe we had more than one dangerous drive!

I'm not sure how we ended up in Europe. I only know I lost her sometime during the early part of the war. I have not had any specific memories of visiting an orphanage related to this series of dreams, though I have to others. But, this dream has pieced itself together bit by bit, so maybe... The children I was looking after were thrown my way whilst I was running from the soldiers.

I can't believe your Gus said his name was Augustus....! That is so weird!!

I honestly don't know what to say...

I am pretty certain my Gust was Swedish, but, .... it was him telling me his name that led to me finding out about him and about Catherine. It was almost like a key. Maybe this is a key, too??

Do you remember working on machinery as well, during the war? I had another dream where I was shown a picture of Jo and myself in overalls standing next to some kind of engine. But, this was before I had met her. Almost a glimpse of the future within the past!

The only confusion I have with this life, is that I do not remember my name. I only remember Johanne. Plus, it coincides with the time period when Catherine and Gus were living, and they would have been in their late 50s, 60s. I always wondered if I was being shown the life with Jo as a reminder, or as a glimpse into the life of someone else, so I could know and remember.

Again, ... wow!

13. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

What an amazing development! And no, there are no coincidences! You both have found a friendship crossing lifetimes, which on the one hand is what we all do, while on the other is still fascinating to see coming together! Thank you both for sharing!

14. BriarRose

Lynette, I think you were having an overlap life, or what usetawuz and I call a symcarnation. Gus could very well have been Swedish at some point. He appears to me as an Afro-American, because that is how I knew him. I don't think we were lovers, but the best of friends. I'm not sure, of course. Did you say once that you have never found your soul mate in this life? It was because he died in Viet Nam. At least, that's what I think may have happened. I can't explain the "camo" he wears, otherwise. He really doesn't talk to me in my dreams - he's just "there", and rarely, I get a bit of information. The only thing that seems "off" to me is Johana's last name. It doesn't seem familiar, but time will tell. I don't think the orphanage was important - we just visited it on a trip to the countryside. I think Johana loved children, but never had any. As for her name, when I was a preteen, I used both my given names on school work. I got teased, because the name was "weird". :D I spelled it " *oana". It's so similar to Johana, except for the missing letter. This is the first time I've really dreamed about Paris. There are dreams about WWII where I am hiding in a truck, under some hay, and another where I hide in the hills. I think I got back to the States, and met the Lieutenant, but I could be wrong. The man who "saw" me as a singer followed me around for years. He had a "crush". I was never interested - I had met my husband at that point. I think the other man could have been a GI who came to a bar where I was singing. He didn't know he was having a PL attraction, or memory.

What happened to you? Were you killed in the War? I think I may have died in a car accident, before 1950, but there could be "overlap". It's all so confusing, it's a miracle when we figure anything out!:eek:

15. TMeganV

TMeganV New Member

Could it be that you gave up a fake German name to pass as a German girl at the time? I mean, if you two met in America you could have been an American girl named JoAnn, but changed it to Johanne because that was a typical German/Dutch name in that time. That would explain the unfamiliar last name; it wasn't your real one.

16. BriarRose

That is really possible, TMeghanV. On the bridge, I was thinking about the fact that I could speak a little German, and might be able to blend in. Lynette met Johana in Canada. Until recently, the border was completely open, and people moved back and forth at will, particularly in the upper Midwest. There are large populations of people who have German and Dutch ancestry living there. It wouldn't be surprising if Johana spoke a little German, or had German ancestry herself. It would certainly have been safer for an American living in Paris at that time to have a German last name. I think you are right about the spelling of "Johana" , too.

17. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member

BriarRose and Lynnette, Wow! This is amazing! Wishing You both the Best!

18. BriarRose

:)Thank you, kMathhwy. Your blessing is very important to me, and I suspect it carries more power than we realize...

19. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

Well, Briar Rose,

We may not have met in Canada. I just assumed that. When Johanne and I met and she introduced herself, in response to my reply, she said, 'oh, you speak American English'. I extrapolated from that phrase that this was unusual, and perhaps that meant as opposed to Canadian English.

It might in fact have been in Europe, though, and she was surprised that I did not speak British English. I had just never considered that before.

If it may help solve a mystery as to why Gutteinstein seems unfamiliar, I have only ever found one record of Johanna Guttenstein, and then she disappears from history! Perhaps she was not 'Johanne Guttenstein' after all??!

If it was a symcarnation, did that mean that Gus/Gust was also a symcarnation, since they were both alive at the same time? Gust lived on into his 60s and died in Illinois. I am so sure though that the young man I met on my blind-date a few months ago was Gust. Perhaps that is why my description of the event resonated with you. Coincidentally, he is a musician now.

I don't know what happened to 'me' in the war. I remember in one dream I was in a café, and some soldiers came in. They took me away, and as they were dragging me out, I mouthed a man sat in the café to please help me. I could see by his eyes that he wanted to but couldn't. Several months after that dream, I found a special gift hidden down the front of a shop cabinet which no one knew was there, whilst on a very last minute holiday, with a very last minute visit to a park. I knew as soon as I saw it, it was from the man I had begged to help me. Almost an apology that he was sorry, and never forgot... but I digress.

In another dream, I was running through the street, and a woman threw a bundle into my arms before being shot. I thought nothing of it, but kept on running. Eventually I had chance to stop, realised I was still carrying the bundle and opened it to find I was carrying a baby. It was this baby that I named after Johanne. I found the other four children likewise. They gravitated and stuck to me in the process of escaping.

I also remember stopping for breath by a doorway, and a hand coming from behind, gagging me and dragging me down a trapdoor. We went into a very long series of tunnels. The last thing I remember from that dream is seeing luminescent lichen flickering on the walls in the torch light. I thought I was being taken to my death, but at the last minute when I thought all was lost, my captors turned out to be my saviours.

What happened after that, I don't know, though when I was younger I did used to get occasional nightmares about being imprisoned and tortured and worse, which I also thought unusual. I used to assume perhaps it was a morbid and overactive imagination. But my family did not have a TV until I was in my late-teens, since we spent most of our spare time involved in more interesting stuff, like craft, art and music; and although we had many, many books, there were none that could have inspired such thoughts in a child's head.

One thing that has always stayed in my mind, since I was four years old, was the story I heard of a young mother in Ecuador, I think, who was trapped with her daughter after an earthquake. She sliced her fingers with shards of glass to give her daughter fluid and nourishment from the blood for the long time they were trapped. It resonated more than any news story or article I have ever read or seen. I know once I found myself guardian of the children in the war, even in capture and imprisonment, I would have gone to any lengths to protect them. Maybe it struck me for that. Or maybe I wished I could have done that to save them? I don't know.

20. BriarRose

You have a lot of detailed memories. Wow! There is basically not much difference in the way Canadians and Americans speak English. People in the upper Midwest sound just like Canadians, or vice versa . There's a big difference between spoken British English, and American English. Sometimes, there are subtitles on things that are aired here! There are also a lot of differences in usage, and you probably know as much about this as me. :D To give an example, "lorry" instead of truck, and "petrol" instead of gas. My husband was looking at British reviews of bicycles last night, and I had to translate for him. He had never heard the term "high street"! The way Johana told you that you spoke "American" English sounds just like me! I'm sure our British cousins may question whether we are speaking English at all! :laugh

I don't think we met in Canada, but that's just a feeling. I think your Gust, and Gus may have been "syms", so their lives overlapped. I know it sounds strange, but the soul mate that I mentioned above and I shared three lives together between 1900, and 1944. All three relationships were romantic - it was like a complex and beautiful dance. Two relationships ended tragically, and one was a happy marriage. This time, we support each others endeavors, but have never met "in the flesh". You and Gust might have agreed to be happily married, and also my friends. The "Gust" you recently met may have been a sym, or part of Gus's energy. My theory is that the longer the soul has been engaged on Playground Earth, the more complex the patterns might be. For me, this has been going on since the 18th century, but never before then. Not every soul chooses to do this, just like some people at university take three courses, and others fill their schedule with five!

I'm not so sure that your blind date being a musician was a coincidence! The story about the Ecuadorian mother feeding her child with her heart's blood is beautiful. My poor friend - adrift in that war-torn continent, struggling to survive with the children you found! In my dreams, I hide from the Germans with two children, but they always wear the faces of my current life children.

21. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

I'm guessing it had more to do with accent. As soon as you opened your mouth she realized you were not a Brit. Or maybe you said a word like "truck" instead of "lorry". I used to know an older man, who would now be 100 years old, who worked for Lockheed aircraft during WWII. When the British started buying airplanes from Lockheed in 1940 Lockheed sent this man to Belfast. His job was to translate the instruction manuals, parts lists, etc. from American to British English. The British were unable to understand the terminology used in the written material that came with the unassembled planes. At the end of the war he came home with a "war bride".

22. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

Wow, this very, wonderful has happened

I don't the word lightly if ever.

Like somebody said we are all drawn here for reason.

most us probably knew each in another life

maybe more than one.

23. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

Congradulations on the connection :D

24. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

25. BriarRose

Lynette, I can't be sure my Gus is your Gust. I think only you will know that. But, I was wrong about my Gus, and Viet Nam, He died in Israel, as a soldier - I think during the Six Day War, in the 60's. I'm piecing the story together still, but will post it when I have a better idea.

There is another coincidence with this life, and I can't quite wrap my mind around it, or figure out if there is any significance. My mother told me that a lunar eclipse that causes a "Blood Moon" was observed in Arkansas during World War II. The people there at the time were very traditionally religious, and took the eclipse as a Biblical sign that the world was ending. We had a "Blood Moon" eclipse last night. No, I don't think the world is ending! :D It just seemed strange that I remembered her story about the War, and this one occurred just as I remembered Johana's life. I googled "Blood Moons during WWII", but the internet has it's limits!

26. argonne1918

Maybe try astronomical websites. They might have tables of lunar eclipses.

27. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Lunar eclipses are far more common and widespread than solar eclipses, there would have been a minimum of 12 across the Earth between 1939 and 1945. If you want dates, I can find them out for you?

28. argonne1918

Most eclipses occur over the ocean where almost no one sees them. Probably only 1 or 2 a year happen over land.

29. Lynnette

Lynnette New Member

I know only too well the differences between American and British English. I had an American university text book that used to drive me nuts! I had to keep going through and correcting all the miss-words and miss-spellings!! My computer, too, when I first had it was set in American-English. I had a constant show-down with the thing when it kept converting my British text into American.

I guess it was the accent that Johanna had picked up on. If she was not expecting an American accent in the middle of Europe, it probably would have surprised her.

Gus and Gust... I think there is more than a coincidence there. Given that Gust was my key to unlocking the dreams I had, I wonder whether Gus is yours, or whether it is the big smiley face saying, 'do ya see the big issue here? Your dream Johannas are one and the same!' :cool

Given my bizarre and most recent dream, I also wonder if that was sign. Is it coincidence that I dream about a gathering of multiple incarnations and family lineages gathered in one place and interacting together, in association with three full moons, just a few days before I read your post, and just a few days before the blood moon?

30. ZeonChar

ZeonChar Senior Member

Way off topic here, but speaking of accents, I remember when I met a friend of mine in Germany for the first time, he was speaking with a British accent and I was so confused as to why he didn't have a German accent. He explained that he learned English the British way in school and it's possible to a Brit he would have sounded German but I couldn't tell!