New Member Introductions - April 2011

Discussion in 'Members Lounge' started by Nancy, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Nancy

Nancy New Member

Hello, everyone!
    I am new to the site but wanted to stop by and say "hello". I am a 50 year old female but am thinking my last PL was as a man. I haven't done PL regression yet but am seriously considering it. I have memories of being on a wagon train (perhaps the Oregon Trail, etc.) and living during the mid-1800's. I have always been fascinated with Native Americans as well. Growing up, when we played "cowboys & Indians"...I was always the Indian. I'm a writer and I've had my beta readers say that they can almost hear the leather creaking on the saddle. I've been on two horses in my entire life and one of those horses I fell off of. LOL! Obviously, any knowledge I've acquired about horses, et. al. was in a previous life. Water scares me. Oh, sure...its beautiful but it scares the heck out of me. I almost drowned when I was five but I remember being afraid of water before then. I'm thinking that in one of my PL's I drowned.
    I'll go for now but am looking forward to meeting all of you. Perhaps we've already met. :)

2. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Welcome Nancy glad you found us!! I look forward to reading your posts.

Tinkerman

3. Ponderer

Ponderer New Member

I don't know if I am doing this correctly, but I am new here and just wanted to say "hello." You can call me a skeptic, but I do ponder, I am open to new thought and possibilities. Reincarnation isn't something that has even been on the radar for me. My wife has been exploring and has been sharing her thoughts and beliefs with me.

I must admit that reincarnation is an attractive idea and I will be reading the stories on line here. I have been a Catholic for a number of years, but have always been interested in the mystical. I enjoy meditation as taught by Fr. Anthony de Mello, who introduced much Hindu and Buddhist thought and practice into his spirituality. I have been a little more serious about Buddhism lately too and find the Eight Fold Path very appealing. In fact, it has already changed my spirituality a great deal and I find myself experiencing a greater openness, joy, and peace.

I am glad to be here and I look forward to listening and reading your stories. I am certain that you all will have much to teach me. Thanks for letting be a part of the group. Peace be with you.

4. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to the Past Life Forum, here you'll find like minded individuals [myself included :) ] who are open minded and embrace not only Reincarnation and Past Lives studies, but other disciplines as well.

IMHO, Reincarnation slides into the teachings of Christianity like a hand into a glove, and in no way whatsoever does Reincarnation contradict Christianity in any shape or form, yet people are still leery, in the general society, of mentioning it to their friends for fear of ridicule or rejection.

Again, welcome to the PLF and if you have any questions or doubts you would like to clear up, feel free to ask and someone will venture an answer.

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

I like the handle you chose, Ponderer! Allow me to join hands with Hydrolad in welcoming you to the Forum. A healthy skepticism is something most welcome here, and you'll find many members, like myself, who were raised as Catholics, as well.

6. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

Hi ponderer, and welcome.

I was also brought up with catholic faith. I always thought the idea of reincarnation was interesting, so I wanted to find out a little more. With help from great reviews on Amazon.co.uk, I bought Dr. Michael Newton's book called 'journey of souls' which changed my view on life completely and everything started to make more sense. I am glad I found this site because you hear other peoples stories and ideas. Everyone respects each others opinions as well so its a great place to share your thoughts. :) I recommened Newton's book to you if you are interesting in reincarnation and others here can also give you great sources to explore.

7. Ponderer

Ponderer New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'll try to check out the reading material. Be blessed today and everyday. Peace be with you.

8. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

People (for the most part) are VERY civilized here in this Forum, realizing that, everyone has an opinion, some of which are different, others more common, but we have a place where we can "agree to disagree" without resorting to vulgarities and name-calling.

The "subject" of Reincarnation (to some groups) is a thorny enough subject without making it more difficult and causing it's acceptance in our western society more problematic than it already is.

Reactions to Reincarnation and Past Lives range from (I quote) an indifferent "Oh (yawn) Yes, I see, isn't that nice" to "YOU people are the work of the Devil" and every type of reaction in between.

As I've said time and time again (even before the saying was "fashionable") "Why can't we JUST get along with each other!" almost to the point where it was in danger of becoming my "mantra" at one time! :)

9. Eleni

Eleni New Member

Freedom to ponder

Hello Ponderer!

I love the aspect about this site that allows for intellegent discussion, and openness of opinion, WITHOUT fear. I have had enough of what you have described, Hyrdolad, in my life!

My dad and I would always sit down to discuss some controversial topic...he would ALWAYS pick the opposing side, saying he was going to play the devil's advocate (with a twinkle in his eye). We were able to share thoughts and opinions and dig deeper into ourselves without verbal aggression of any kind. It was wonderful.

I believe that the way the forum works, that it is maintained with respect for everyone no matter the view pt, belief, or opinion; allows for much greater learning for everyone, and allows all of us to broaden our horizons. A person can come here and ask questions without fear, and read and ponder in freedom. :)

10. Ponderer

Ponderer New Member

An amazing thing, I had a dream last night that I died. I watched my funeral. I saw my obituary and it said that I died six years from now because I ate too many pizzas! Then, the amazing part for me is that I came back! And in my dream, the place where I was, was with my wife. It was another life, so she wasn't Heidi, yet I recognized her, and in fact she WAS my wife in the next life. I realize that she is my soul mate... was, is, and will be. Cool dream for me. Peace to all.

11. Tinkerman

Hello Ponderer and welcome to the forum. Your first post peaked my interest on several commonalities: Catholic, mystic, Buddhism and meditation... seems we have a good deal in common. I'm glad you found us and hope we might be of some help to you in your study of reincarnation. Please feel free to ask any and all questions, we can show you threads that may point you in your direction of interest.

Tinkerman

12. Ponderer

Ponderer New Member

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be in touch!

13. J. Jay Kamp

J. Jay Kamp New Member

Hi all!

As it's now after midnight (because I've been reading through all of Gumby's amazing German past-life posts), I will make this short: Hi everyone! My name is Jay, and I'm a 44-year-old female Seattleite who has remembered a past life in 18th-century England for quite some time now. I'm completely fascinated in reading everyone's posts here because I can relate so much to how you all feel about your past lives. Trust me, not everyone understands this kind of thing! I look forward to reading more, and getting to know everyone here. Thanks for posting (and thus letting me know that I'm not alone in remembering this stuff).

14. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Jay :) welcome,

It's nice to know that you're enjoying the threads, hope you enjoy your time here, and we're looking forward to hearing from you.

Chris :)

15. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Hiya Jay and welcome to the forum :)

16. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Welcome Jay!

Nice to see you here. I hope you enjoy the discussions! :D

Aili

17. dr_what

dr_what New Member

hi :D and welcome!

18. windows2thesoul

windows2thesoul Probationary

Nice to meet you! :)

19. J. Jay Kamp

J. Jay Kamp New Member

Thank you, everyone! I feel honored to be among such great company!

20. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi J. Jay Kamp,

Welcome. I hope you feel comfortable at some point to share a little bit about your memories. I know you wrote a book about it...but a sneak peep would be nice. Like...what was and when was your first experience? Were you able to research who you were? I am truly interested. :) .

21. J. Jay Kamp

J. Jay Kamp New Member

Hi Deborah! Oh no, it's just that I've been so busy, I haven't had a chance to sit down and write. I would love to share my story! I remember living in 18th-century London, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Dorset, and it took me years and years to put all the pieces together and figure out that I was a woman named Mary Carter, who married a little short Irishman named Thomas...whom I loved more than anything in the world.

I started to remember this after my first vacation to England, where I'd always wanted to go for as long as I can remember. While I was in London, I felt like I couldn't get lost, and that I'd seen everything before. I just felt like I'd come home at last. I don't remember exactly when I started to recall Thomas -- I can't honestly remember if it was during the vacation, or afterward, when I got home and started regressing myself. A friend of mine gave me a book that had the steps for self-hypnotism, and I started practicing like mad, hoping to remember why London seemed so familiar. Eventually I came up with Thomas -- whose name I didn't know for a further eight years -- and he became the focus of most of my memories, because I didn't then, and still don't, have a boyfriend.

I seem to remember the same scenes over and over again. I remember having sex with Thomas -- something I've still never done! -- and having a baby. I remember when he came to ask my father for my hand in marriage. Horseback riding was something we apparently enjoyed together, and I remember riding with him (each on our own obviously very expensive horses) in the area around Cookham in Berkshire, and near Encombe House in Dorset. I remember our children, and how much I adored our little son; and I remember very vividly when that son told me he wanted to go off to India, and how this upset the whole family -- because Thomas had died of a disease contracted in India, and I didn't want my son to die the same way. And he did. He went off to Madras, and died almost immediately; and I think this made me never want to have children again (and Thomas's death made me never want to have a husband again), because I don't think I could endure that kind of horrible pain once more.

And guess what? I ended up enduring it anyway, even though I've successfully avoided husbands and children. My father and brother have both recently died. So I guess we really do have themes that link resonant lifetimes. Mine appears to be death. What fun!

Anywho, yes, I have wrote a book about my memories. I've been able to confirm and validate most of what I remember, which is nothing special, as you all know, having investigated such things yourselves. I'd be happy to elaborate further...I just have to find the time!

ETA: I just realized that I didn't really answer your question. Here is the first memory that I recorded from a self-regression session in 1986:

A medieval castle in the late 1600s to 1800s, judging from the baroque trim of his coat as he sat behind the piano, immersed in turbulent music. I interrupted his playing as I walked into the room, but I didn’t walk, I was just there, and then he looked up, and his hair was an ash-brown-blonde and styled in the manner of an English or French gentleman of the time, straight and slightly more than shoulder length, cut with short bangs in the front. He looked maybe a trifle upset at being disturbed, and his face was full of a serene quality, although his eyes seemed full of intensity. His features were decidedly masculine, but his eyes were still beautiful, John Taylor-ish of Duran Duran. His hands were masculine, too, and his silk coat was of a sky blue and patterned, in the style of a long coat and knickers, white stockings, and buckled shoes. I was a woman dressed in white and I had wanted to see him, had to see him. I stood at his side at the piano, and when he stopped playing, there was a silence and tension between us.

The above was written before I knew one single thing about British history, so I didn't describe what I was seeing very well. It turns out that this scene with Thomas took place sometime around 1786, probably at Taplow Court, which is a country house not all the far from Windsor Castle. This was the home of Thomas's father, the 5th Earl of Inchiquin; apparently Thomas was said to be his illegitimate son. My name at that time was Mary Wells, and I was the daughter of a rector who owned a house just across the river from Taplow and Cliveden.

More later....Must dash to finish up the things I've left languishing....

22. Delonada

Delonada Senior Registered

New Member Introductions - April 2011

Hi, I am a 30-ish year old transgirl from Iceland. For the last 4-5 months I've been doing a lot of research and meditation on the mystical, past lives, NDE, and reincarnation and general, and I stumbled onto this forum. I hope to get more insight into other people's past lives and mine through friendly discourse.

I know I am sounding awfully formal, but I tend to be so during first introductions.

(if I am posting in the wrong place I sincerely apologize)

23. Sunniva

Sunniva Administrator Emeritus

Hi Delonada and a warm welcome to the forum :)

You are not posting in the wrong place at all! It's always nice for me to see another person from these northern regions (although you probably think Denmark is waaay south :D ).

I hope you'll enjoy the forum. Feel free to ask questions, start new threads or jump into discussions. Whenever you feel ready you are more than welcome to share your experiences (within the guidelines:D).

Again welcome!

24. Tinkerman

Hello Delonada! Welcome to the forum. Your interests mirror my own. I look forward to more of your posts and thoughts. Please enjoy and by all means join in!!

Tinkerman

25. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi Delonada, welcome to the forum :)

Glad you found us, I hope you find some of the answers to your questions here, if not, just ask :)

Chris

26. Delonada

Delonada Senior Registered

Thanks

Sunniva: I work with several Danish people so I always feel like Denmark is just a short jump over. :)