Night Terrors and BLUE Light

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Deborah, Apr 9, 2012.

?

Night Terrors and BLUE Light

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

I am curious if any members children are experiencing night terrors and if they are - have you tired putting a blue light in their room at night? I have heard it has great healing and protective potential.

I came across this product which illuminates a very viberant blue. [​IMG]

It can be found here: Blue Sunjar if you want to try it.

It would also be nice if you reported back here and let us know if it helped at all. You can just vote or post your experience and vote. : angel

2. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

I've never had night terrors, so can't really vote - but I will be interested to see what others say! :thumbsup:

3. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

When I turn off my TV it illuminates the room blue. I never really thought about it, i will try it next time the folks upstairs are active ...

4. thecynicalone

thecynicalone New Member

Never heard of it. Thought about buying my son and father salt lamps but I think they could both use a sunjar instead. I'll let you know when I can afford to get one. Just completely destroyed my rim on a pothole. :( Turns out rims cost more than tires.

5. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

Are there any junkyards where you are that you can get a used rim? Or try craigslist.org for one.

6. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Interesting concept Deborah, if different colors vibrate at different frequencies, then it stands to reason that certain colors exert different responses in most individuals.

Also the mind through the eyes is sensitive and responsive to different temperatures of light (as in Kelvin levels) and people use special lights for Seasonal Affective Disorders (SAD) a disorder more prevalent in the the Northern states.

This starts a new area of research for me, and I thank you! :)

7. Deborah

You're welcome. :) The study of inner Light is fascinating Hydrolad. John Mack's book, Passport to the Cosmos is filled with stories of the Blue Light and one woman (Karin) says,

I think using Blue light in a child's room at night before bed (if they are having Night Terrors) helps them balance and reconnect to the source/God....and find inner Peace.

8. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

I have no idea it a blue light would have helped me. I had night terrors and no one had ever heard of that... makes me wonder though.

9. Deborah

I was watching the science channel on TV and they did a study about colors and especially colored light. They have found - the color BLUE to stimulate renewed energy, conversation, a sense of calm....in restaurants. If anyone else saw the show, you'll know what I mean. Very interesting study. :thumbsup:

10. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

It must be a synchronsity that I see this thread now. I was working on my writing a bit earlier and I had just described an episode when I was a child and having nightmares and severe anxiety. I awoke in the middle of the night to find a small, blue lit transparent person standing in the middle of room. The figure persisted for about five minutes before vanishing.

11. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

The color Blue

One of my Doctor's has medium Blue walls in his exam rooms, he says they are reported to be calming for the patients.

I bought a small wattage Blue bulb and burn it at night in my Bedroom as a nightlight in case I have to get up for any reason.

I seem to be less anxious and sleep better (when I want to go to sleep) so it remains to be seen if it works for me or not. :)

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

I read many years ago that blue tinted glasses were thought to help dyslexia. It was said to have something to do with the wavelength of light being in sync with certain brains.

13. Alexius

Alexius New Member

Having had night terrors myself as a child and having known others who have had it, I can understand how troubling it is. To this day I still sleep with a light on!

If you have them, eliminate CFT (compact florescent tubes/light bulbs) also known as ‘energy saving light bulbs’. Use a low wattage luminescent (old fashioned tungsten) night light – not an LED nightlight. This worked for me.

(Nightrain, the blue tinted glasses were probably for ‘Irlen syndrome’, which is indeed as you say.)

14. ColourODarkness

ColourODarkness Senior Registered

I had terrible night terrors as a child, being the first of 3 children my parents had no idea what to do with me, or what I was even doing, but keeping the TV on at night seemed to keep them at bay somewhat. To this day I can't sleep without the TV on.

15. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I know this sounds odd, but I find blue light upsetting. I wear the color blue, but find it depressing in my environment. It is banned from my house, for reasons unknown to me.

16. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

When I go to bed I have either the radio or TV on, and set the sleep timer. If it stays on all night I'll wake up. I recently got a media player to connect to the TV. It will play .mp3 audio and .mp4 video files from either a usb thumb drive or sd/micro sd memory card. Saves from having to burn CD's and DVD's.

17. Colleen3115

Colleen3115 New Member

My son is 4 years old and has been suffering from night terrors almost every night for about 2 weeks. Almost the same time every night. If they continue, I may try this.

18. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Tell us about his night terrors. Does he say anything? Does he remember any of it the next morning? Maybe a past life trauma he's remembering? He's at the right age for it. You can try asking him open ended questions. Write down what he says, even if it sounds crazy.

19. Micjer

Micjer New Member

I don't want to promote someone's book or documentary, but wondered if anyone has seen the documentary, "Tibetan Book of The Dead - The Great Liberation"?

Here is the link....

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-tibetan-book-of-the-dead/

Anyways the moral of the story is that the monks try to prepare people that are about to cross over, to aim for the blue light, not the white light, in order to break the cycle of reincarnation.

20. Colleen3115

Colleen3115 New Member

The funny thing is that I never considered his night terrors as anything more than an annoyance, but thinking about it now... My son has a speech/language delay that puts his communication skills below where a typical 4 year old is. Sometimes it is hard to remember that he is as old as he is. So his verbal skills are lacking. He doesn't appear to be awake during his night terrors, which I guess is common. But he will look right at me and still call for "mama". I've asked him the next morning if he had a bad dream and he will say that he has.

I have a "sleepy turtle" that projects stars on the ceiling that has a blue setting. I used that last night and no terrors.

I'll post something in the welcome section to give a better intro :)

21. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Not voting but interested in the results. No one thought about light colors when I was young and having night terrors and my son never had any night terrors.

22. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I find the Tibetans using blue light, instead of white in their meditations very interesting, Micjer. They know a lot of things we don't, and that is worth exploring. Thanks for the link!

23. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Blue-light / PL regression meditations

It would be interesting to see if the assistance of a blue-light during past-life regression meditations might boost memories of interest of possible past lives.

24. Micjer

Micjer New Member

You're very welcome.

I may have over simplified my above statement in regards to heading towards the blue light.

I would like to quote the following from the link below...

On the first day in the bardo, Vairochana and his consort Akashadhatvishvari arrive from the central Realm of Expanding Seed as the void transforms into the brilliant blue of the "space" element and the "luminous emptiness of the fundamental nature of the mind" (Fremantle 263). Like their counterparts, they embrace one another upon a lotus throne, which is a "symbol of primordial purity of enlightenment growing out of the muddy swamp of samsara" (264). The lotus is a feminine symbol, "which gives birth to all the manifestations of enlightenment. Sitting or standing upon a lotus indicates that the deities have not abandoned samsara for the peace of nirvana; they enter into the world, but they are not defiled by it." The throne of Vairochana and Akashadhatvishvari is supported by lions, which represent their lack of fear and the sovereignty of the Buddha family. "Using animals as one's seat or vehicle means that, on one hand, one has completely overcome and transmuted the negative aspects of its instinctive behavior, and on the other, one has achieved and integrated its positive characteristics" (264).

Akashadhatvishvari is the Queen of Space, which is symbolized by the luminous, white, moon-like quality of her body and Vairochana is described as having four faces, which convey the panoramic awareness that illuminates every particle of existence. Like the other couples, they hold a bell, which represents the positive feminine qualities of emptiness and wisdom. Vairochana also holds an eight-spoked wheel, as a symbol of the wheel of Dharma and The Buddha's eight-fold noble path. The bright blue light of all-encompassing knowledge shines from the hearts of this couple, as the lama urges the deceased to merge with it, instead of drifting towards the softer white light of the god realm. Yet, ignorance and delusion, as well as any negative karma from past actions, often leaves the deceased immobile in the middle.

---------------------------------

Sorry for getting off topic.

I do think that a blue night light has a calming affect. In fact we have one in our home.