• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

"OM" CD for meditation purposes

deborah

Director Emerita
Staff member
Super Moderator
For several years now Kelly and I have mentioned a CD titled “OM“ and how successful our meditations, and past life work has been using this CD. After five years I decided to order a new one since mine was scratched. To my surprise it was not the same as the one I ordered in 1999 and IMO not as good for the work I had been doing with family and friends. So Aaron and I contacted Mach1Audio and they have agreed to make the 1999 version available again...on our behalf. The Original OM CD is listed on the bottom of this page

For those of you that have asked - about the original “OM” CD and about meditation in general, Sheryl at Mach1Audio is offering free shipping for the Original “OM” before January. Those of you who want to know HOW to meditate may also want to check out her guided meditation CD. Here is a portion of her e-mail to me with her links. ENJOY!

I would like to add that I have been meditating for over 30 years and have guided group meditations. I have just produced a guided meditation - with 2 separate 30-minute meditations - to aid people in clearing their past issues and another for manifesting their reality. We have a whole series of meditation CDs and DVDs that we are going to create to help people find the best way for them to meditate. The meditations use creative visualization. The beginning of each meditation, I walk them through how to start their meditations (how to 'protect' themselves and how to breathe properly). After listening and doing these meditations for a little while, they can just listen to any soft meditative music and meditate without listening to my CD.

I hope this will help. Thank you very much! Here is the link to the CD and here is another that goes to my latest newsletter discussing it - if you would like to check it out.
Newsletter I hope your holiday was wonderful! Thank you again for your interest in OM.
Sheryl :)

BTW - I would be very interested to hear what others experience with this CD. So please do share!

Thank you

I just think it's so wonderful you and Aaron sought to get this CD available to people again Deborah :)

I admittedly haven't heard the newer version of the OM CD - BUT - I do know how well the original one works for me personally, so I can't imagine why it would ever be changed. Thank you both, you're stars :D

Thanks Guys! That was really awesome of you to do this for us all. :D

I have ordered the Original version as well. My order said $6 for shipping, but I just received an email from Sheryl informing me I would only be charged for the CD and not the shipping. That was nice. :D

The only thing I questions was that the OM CD says by Tom and not William... I figured it was ok though.

The newsletters were very interesting! What a great site they have there for gifts and research material.

Love,
julie

I am bringing this thread back up to the top for new members. :thumbsup:

I absolutely love this cd. :D

Ailish

I had my first seesion with the OM CD last evening, and I'm not surprised that I had mixed results. Since I've always meditated in silence, being able to block outside noise, I found the music, while fairly enjoyable, a bit distracting. It seemed to make centering and focusing within more of a chore than usual, usual being within a minute or two at most. This time it felt as if it took 5-6 minutes. It seemed I listened to the music more than I sure have.

Since I live with a high level of pain, and suffer from sleep deprivation, I did eventually fall asleep which isn't unusual for me. the last thing recall was an instant image, or Imprinting as I call it, of a young boy of maybe 7-8. My impression was that it was me from a new PL, but so far, I haven't gotten any details. With past Imprintings I've received, it has taken weeks or months to discover any details. I awoke 5 1/2 hours later, still in need of more sleep, but alert and relaxed, and my level of pain has been slightly lower than normal.

I plan to try the OM CD again, at least a few more times, but I have wondered about something. Since I have 35 years experience with meditation, and have had success with uncovering PL details, maybe I shouldn't alter my routine. While it's possible the CD might help me eventually flesh out the PL detals I have, there's always the chance that the change in my procedure could hinder my regressions. Maybe for once I should listen to my cautious nature.

John

Like you, John, I had always meditated in silence. Now I find that I go back and forth between silence and using the OM cd. I will occasionally use Tibetan Bells/Bowls as well.

I don't believe the cd could hinder your regressions -- but you need to do what feels comfortable and right to you. ;)

If you decide to try it again -- focus on the sound behind the music. :thumbsup:

Ailish

Ailish said:
Like you, John, I had always meditated in silence. Now I find that I go back and forth between silence and using the OM cd. I will occasionally use Tibetan Bells/Bowls as well.

I don't believe the cd could hinder your regressions -- but you need to do what feels comfortable and right to you. ;)

If you decide to try it again -- focus on the sound behind the music. :thumbsup:

Ailish

Thanks for the encouragement Ailish. I do plan to give it a fair try out, and realize that I have to use whatever works best for me. And although I knew to focus behind or beyond the music, it almost seemed as if I kept waiting for a Blues instrumental to begin. I've never been one for visual or audio aids, so I'll simply keep an open mind and heart/soul and see what happens.

John

Om Cd

Hello,

What does the OM CD sound like? Does the entire recording consist of many people (or Tibetan Monks) chanting a constant OM sound in a temple?

(OM is pronounced Ohm like the measurement of electrical power)

Thank-you

Does the entire recording consist of many people (or Tibetan Monks) chanting a constant OM sound in a temple?

No. There are different sounds, different levels -- and a few different voices mixed in a times.

Ailish

Well, the second time I used the OM CD, a few days ago, I found the music a lot less intrusive, and was able at times to focus on the pulsing sound behind the music, and that seems like I’m making some progress. I’ve planned on using the OM CD again tonight, to see if maybe I can flesh out some images and impressions I received this morning. This morning, I woke up fairly relaxed, and logged on to read the forum. Within 15 minutes I was yawning and very weary, which often happens before I have success with a meditation session. So I logged off and began meditating, and shortly I was dreaming, although I’m not sure if I was awake or asleep. Three hours later I woke up and knew that I’d been a baseball player at the turn of the 20th century, and I saw a player in a dugout ?me? wearing an old-fashioned uniform. I got a sense I’d been a member of the 1904 St Louis Browns, which might tie in with my ongoing and intense interest in the St Louis World’s Fair of that year.

The first time I saw the movie Meet Me In St Louis, I felt an odd closeness to the city and to the scenery. Meet Me In St Louis is the only, and I mean only, musical that I have ever enjoyed at all. I don’t like musicals at all, but I do watch this movie on a regular basis. While I don’t get a sense of being homesick for St Louis, I’ve always had a fondness for the city. The research I’ve done shows that the St Louis Browns was in existence from 1902 to 1954, and that they were one of the less talented teams in the American League. While I plan on doing more research, details seem to be lacking. Hopefully I'll have more information to offer in a few days.

John

:thumbsup: Glad to hear that you're enjoying "OM", John, and getting some results, as well.

I think your possible memory as a member of the 1904 St Louis Browns sounds fascinating! I hope to hear some more details and validations soon...

Ailish :)

Any sound samples -- Buhlman's OM?

Is there a free mp3/.WAV sample of of William Buhlman's OM available online?

The recording company publishing OM does not provide a sample.

Thank-you

Is there a free mp3/.WAV sample of of William Buhlman's OM available online?

Not that I am aware of.

The cd is inexpensive and well worth the money. It can be purchased through the link Deborah provided in the first post.

Ailish

Beyond The Om

Hello Folks

While there is no place like Om :), I have found that meditation is enhanced by the sounds made by indigenous instruments such as the Australian Aboriginal Digeridoo. The Digeridoo is long tubular instrument that produces a deep mystical (meditative) droning that guides the listener thru The Dream Time (state of meditation).

I am no expert with the Digeridoo but I have played one for folks in Sacred Space such as Anassasi Kivas (Chao Canyon N.M.) inside The Great Pyramid, the inner circle of Stone Henge, inside the hidden chambers of New Grange (Ireland) and at......Home. The results of the sounds produced by the Digeridoo seem to deepen folks ability to meditate and recall memories of other times associated with the site of the meditation or to stimulate dreams that recall other lives.

Here are some links to this accoustical resource:

http://www.jeremydonovan.com.au/music.php

I hope that this is interesting and useful.

Yours Truly

John R.

This is one of my favorite cd's for meditation. :D It's made up of binaural beats, which are conducive to reaching an altered state quickly - and good for both relaxation and past life journeys.

William Buhlman has offered the following exercise on his site to accompany the OM cd:

OM technique
1. Take several deep breaths and completely relax. Become comfortable in your designated out-of-body area. Close your eyes and begin to focus your attention just above the crown of your head. Concentrate all of your awareness above your head until the sensations of your body begin to disappear.

2. As your physical sensations begin to fade, softly intone the sound OM seven times. Let the sound resonate through the top of your head.

3. Repeat the OM sound in your mind seven times. Be completely aware of the sound resonating in your mind. Let the sound rise through the top of your head.

4. Focus all of your attention on the very core of the resonance and allow the sound to slowly ascend toward the ceiling. Feel your awareness merging with the sound. As much as possible, surrender and become one with the rising sound as your body becomes increasingly relaxed.

5. Feel your awareness rising with the sound. Become one with the OM resonance. Enjoy the sound and flow with it. Feel yourself become lighter and lighter as you float with the sound. Allow your physical body to rest and sleep as you focus all of your attention on the rising sound. Maintain all of your attention on the rising sound as your body falls to sleep. As you begin to fall asleep concentrate all of your awareness on the rising sound.

William Buhlman
I'm curious what others experiences are with this cd? Has anyone got a story to share?

Aili

Have any new members tried this cd? I'm curious to hear of others experiences with it - personally, I find it helps me reach an altered state quickly and I enjoy it much more than a guided regression or meditation.

Other recordings by William Buhlman...

Has anybody tried other recordings by William Buhlman (some recordings include contributions from Tom Carey who also produced the 'OM" recordings)?

From viewing the titles of the CDs, as well as specific music tracks, these other recordings seem to provide sounds/music which might be beneficial for past-live regression!

How do Buhlman's other recordings compare with 'Original OM?'

Thank-you

Ailish said:
Have any new members tried this cd?
I have heard so many good things about this 'OM' CD that I am finally getting around to ordering one for me! :)

I will be sure to share any experiences that I have with it in this thread :thumbsup:

Hi lady2,

Make sure you order the original OM. The newer version is not the same. Also, check out the Heart Center thread. I am real interested in your results. :) .

Deborah said:
Make sure you order the original OM. The newer version is not the same.
Yes, I want to make sure I get the older one! It's this one, right?

Yes...that's it.

I would love to read your results too Totoro. :D

I find it rather hard to meditate. I can't really let go of all my thoughts and relax. Every time I try, I end up thinking about something random like what I'm going to have for dinner. :(

I have never really sat myself down to meditate but that is very much what I am like too. I can be very patient at times but generally I'm quite restless and find t difficult to truly relax and let go of everything.

Have you ever tried it with music Kris? I would like to try that sometime and see what effect it has.

I think that breathing exercises are an important part of meditation, whereby one focuses all of their attention on breathing by the numbers, eg: breath in, hold to the count of four, breath out slowly while counting to four or five, etc. This kind of concentration helps to eliminate other thoughts.

Some music, as Sawol suggests, is very good, as long as it isn't the kind that generates thoughts instead of eliminating them.

The process of meditation is something of a conundrum when it is motivated by one's desire to discover memories; for the process, itself, involves the total elimination of thought, while the desired effect is to stumble across thoughts that would otherwise have been unknown. In other words, one might ask, how can one be attentive to new thoughts, if one is working hard to prevent them?

I'm curious about this CD series too from the same site, "EXPLORING YOUR PAST LIVES By William Buhlman" @ $69.00 .

Is it effective ? I'd like to hear reviews about the product if anybody has tried it.

thank you!

Hi Ginger2,

I haven't heard this one. If it has words in it I wouldn't use it - but that's just me. I prefer just the pure sound of Tibetan Bowls. They always bring me where I need to go.

Has anyone tried the OM CD?

Thanks for bringing this up again! I've book marked it with the intent of buying it this weekend.

Too bad he doesn't offer a download MP3 after purchase. How impatient the internet has made me. :laugh:

Deborah said:
But it's the best....the old version. So did you try it Totoro? ;)
I tried it. :)

I only listened to it once so far, and only the first half of it...Didn't 'get' much - but quickly felt myself relax, and float above myself, which I only do when I'm VERY quiet. When the music went deep I relaxed more, but it kept going higher pitch again. Just the first try, I should really make time and do it all the way through. I liked it that it had no words, kind of a change, seemed to allow you not to need to focus so much on what was being said.

What about you Totoro?

Back