Past traumatic deaths and current infertility link???

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Margy, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Margy

Margy New Member

I've been told that I died from stomach wounds in the Civil War and WWI (two different regression therapists have told me about this).

When I was a baby in this life, I had a terrible intestinal blockage (some sort of diverticulitis), major surgery, very very nearly died and I have a lot of scar tissue.

My DH and I have been trying to conceive for several years now - we've been through the all the standard tests and I've had a laparoscopy which revealed that we're both absolutely fine - the scar tissue isn't in the way of the necessary bits. But, four months of meds and artificial insemination did nothing and we're carrying this ghastly label of "unexplained infertility".

But I always have a tense, rather "cold" feeling in the pit of my stomach, for lack of a better phrase. I saw a South American healer quite by chance one day a few months ago and her translator kept saying "your uterus is cold, you need more circulation there" and everything just kind of fell into place.

So, now that it seems that there's a connection there, what do I do about it? My SIL told me recently about an extremely vivid dream in which I went for some Reiki and they released an enormous energy blockage in that area - is that my next step? Or more regression therapy? Or just normal therapy???

I'm nearly 35 and have never been pregnant and so very much would like a child.

2. CrowEyes

CrowEyes Guest

Hi again Margy. As I was reading this post it crossed my mind that another there might be some strong past life link here.

I have had a very strong connection to a Native American past life in which I was killed during a pregnancy...so much so that it affected my ability to conceive and then almost caused the death of my daughter during childbirth. I was not able to conceive again since that time because of a large tumor. So, definetly past lives can and do influence us in this lifetime. But...we don't have to continue letting them affect us in adverse ways.

------------------
    Love,
    CrowEyes

In order to have a pocket full of dreams...one must first have a hand filled with vision.

3. argentelunae

argentelunae Senior Registered

Dear Margy,

I truly sympathize with your situation. This has to be rough on both you and your DH.

Being a reiki master/teacher and a certified reiki practitioner, what I can do first off is explain what reiki is and what it does.

Reiki (meaning, 'univeral life energy'), is an ancient Japanese technique utilized to promote and adjust (for lack of a better phrase), a person's individual body energies. Simply put, the reiki practitioner is nothing more than a conduit or conductor for which the universal energy to flow through to the client, allowing the energy and vibrational waves to do the 'work' or adjustment in a natural and non-invasive way. In addition, as with any alternative and even mainstream scientific medical approach, it is the frame of mind of the client that is the key ingrediant. Antibiotics for example, are very important in killing the bacteria that cause URI's. But it's the individual's psychological mind-set that aids the antibiotic in getting healthy. Of course this example is pretty simplistic, but I hope enough that I'm understood.

Reiki can be used as a relaxation techinique ie: stress buster). Especially for those who don't care for massage therapy for whatever reason, reiki is great because it's gentle and totally non-invasive (ie: hands off). The client remains fully clothed (except for removing their shoes). That also has it's place for any modesty a client is prone towards.

Can reiki open up a block? Yes it can. Again, as long as the client's psychological outlook and frame of mind are synonomous with the practioner. One of the things reiki is based on is a set of strong ethics. No practitioner may use reiki on anyone **unless there is the consent** on the part of the client. Both client and practitioner have to work together for the client's well being. Same as with patient and doctor.

Is reiki, (or any alternative healing technique) the ultimate answer in helping people. Absolutely not. Reiki is not a 'cure all'. Nor should it be viewed as such including a substitute for scientific knowledge and mainstream medicine. This is my own personal opinion since I hold to the fact that there is a need and place for mainstream medicine. I just see where both alternative and professional medicine should be working together. Again.....my own personal views.

As for your SIL's vivid dream of you having reiki work done. Well, you're the only one honey, who can make that decision. If it is something you are comfortable with and you want to do, well honey, you already know what is in your heart, mind and soul. Continue with the conventional and mainstream methods too? How do you feel about it? Would you be comfortable persuing both ends of the spectrum? No real easy answer here is there, although I sure wish there was for your own sake. But there is an answer none the less. Talk with your DH. You are a team and as a team, you will find strength, individually as well as together.

One thing more I will say is this. The label of 'unexplained infertility' is just that. It's a label. It has a horrid and negative stigma attached to it, as with most labels we humans feel the need to ascribe to describe something inexplicable.

No matter what Margy, don't loose sight of hope. There is an answer out there for you.

Many Blessings,

Argente

4. Margy

Margy New Member

Wow, CrowEyes, thank you so much for that link - it feels to me that there's a connection here.

Argente - thank you so much for all that wonderful information! I tend to go for complementary methods before allopathic, so I definitely would be comfortable having Reiki done. I guess the trick is finding the right practitioner, isn't it? (like with so many things!) I'm not happy with the fertility doctor I've been seeing because he's completely opposed to anything but his way - which is why we haven't gone back to him for months and months. But I'm not giving up hope! (((Thank you again.)))

5. Tatinne

Tatinne Senior Registered

Yikes -- I hate doctors like that.

I'm wondering something similar about my own reproductive tract... if maybe I died in childbirth or something of the sort. It would explain (on a subconscious level) why my body refuses to cycle more than maybe 3-5 times a year, and why it's so agonizing when it happens.

The doctors I've been to can't explain it despite tests, so they have dubbed me "normal" -- though I have a hard time believing that much pain is "normal." Perhaps I need to start looking elsewhere.

Blessings~
    Tatinne

------------------
    Faeries live.
    Magick breathes.
    Karma wants a tummy rub.

From the Ashes: an urban fantasy tale set against the backdrop of Pendragon Renaissance Faire, where for seven weeks, anything is possible. Anything.

Find it at http://www.faire-folk.com

6. argentelunae

argentelunae Senior Registered

Dear Margy,

You are correct regarding feeling comfortable with the right reiki practitioner let alone the right doctor. It's a matter of trust between the two people, client and practitioner, whether allopathic or holisitic. I've had some very good doctors and some that it was their way or the highway. Eh, being the quiet, shy and reserved person I am, I told them to stick out their thumbs and hitch a ride somewhere's else, LOL! And as for who I'll allow to do reiki on me, well again...I've had my share of some pretty good practitioners, who knew to leave their ego and pride at the door. Those that didn't, I won't see again.

I'm glad I could be of some help to you. And more importantly, I'm over joyed to hear you still have hope. Both mean more to me than any 'Thank you' ever could. So it should be me thanking you instead.

Blessings and many thanks!

Argente

7. weeviolet

weeviolet Senior Registered

Hi Margy

I just read this thread and wanted to add my humble advice to all the really great feedback you've gotten so far.

I was taught a visualization technique for "letting go" of negative stuff, stuff from the past that you say might be affecting your fertility. You're supposed to visualize yourself with many hooks attached to you, like fishing hooks with lines attached, the lines going outward from your body. Then picture a big 'ol sword in your hand, and just cut all those lines!! Just keep waving that sword around until all those negative lines are cut and picture the hooks falling right out.

Also, argentelunae is so right about the label of "unexplained infertility". BAH!! Those darn labels are phooey. I've known lots of women who have had fertility problems for years and suddenly, poof! They're pregnant. Please don't think of yourself as infertile. Do those wonderful affirmations: "I AM FERTILE!!" They really work.

One more thing- Have you asked a baby to come to you? When I wanted to conceive I'd say aloud or in my mind, as often as I thought of it "Okay, baby, Daddy and I are ready for you, you can come any time now." or something like that.

Margy, I'll keep you in my thoughts. Please keep us all posted!

weeviolet

8. kkh3

kkh3 New Member

Margy, I heard a story just like this somewhere before. She was told the same thing, that her uterus was cold. I wish I could remember the rest of the story, but I know that she was able to overcome her troubles and have several children.

This could also be a sign that maybe your children have already been born and are waiting for you to adopt them.

9. Midnight.Sapphires

Midnight.Sapphires Senior Registered

Hello Margy...

I know exactly what you're going through because I'm 38 and have never been able to conceive either. It's a heartache that never goes away.

I have spent thousands on infertility treatments...all unsuccessful.

And, like you, I believe that part (or all) of my problems might stem from my past lives in which I never had much luck with children.

I've had many past lives where I was either orphaned or abandoned as a child and in my adult years in those lives, either never had any children or my children died from some trauma (drowning, fire, disease, etc.). I did have one life where I had a little boy but I was distant and cold to him, treating him as if he never existed.

I believe that the traumas from these lifetimes must have affected my present lifetime.

I've never thought about using Reiki to heal myself from these traumas but I did see a healer and he also told me that there he saw blockages in my reproductive chakra (I think that's how he worded it).

Blessings and prayers...

Jereldeen

10. Marilyn

Marilyn New Member

Just a thought about the inability to conceive. I have known a few women who had immense trouble and really felt for them. I was one of the lucky ones I just did not have a problem in this area.

In getting to know these women it started me wondering if karma was at the basis of it or some current life guilt. I did not mention reincarnation or karma to them as this just was not their thing but I went around it in a different way.

There is obviously a huge lesson in this problem (as there is with everything). If you can tap into this you may find the answer.

Don't ever give up hope, as in the case of these women one had gone through numerous miscarriages and each one was devastating. Had all the usual fertility treatments, and was just months away from IVF and she found herself pregnant. That baby is now 3 and she has a 1 year brother.

One of the other women had tried all the fertility drugs etc, IVF it failed. The the next one worked. Now she had to work through a guilt problem before this happened.

So it does make me wonder about life's lessons etc.

I do hope everything you desire comes to fruition

Regards

11. minamar

minamar Senior Registered

Hello Margy,

This is the first time i read your thread and I felt compelled to reply. I completely relate to what you described as a "tense" and "cold" feeling in the pit of your stomach. I coincidentally began a thread about "protecting my stomach area" and this is what I wrote:

"For some reason, I've always felt the need to "protect" or "cover" my stomach area, specifically right above and below my navel. Whenever I'm sitting, I like to hold a pillow against the area (as I am doing now) and if I don't have something to hold on to I feel "unprotected" and uncomfortable. This is especially difficult when I wear clothes. If something doesn't fit comfortably around that area, I literally panic. I cannot stand to wear anything tight that "digs" into my skin near my navel. For example, I am constantly rearranging my clothes, tugging at the top of my jeans, shorts, or underwear, in order to pull them high enough to "protect" my navel area. I also cannot stand the tightness pantyhose around that area. If I'm wearing panythose and I can't "tug and pull up" I panic. Three years ago I went through a ten-week rolfing treatment (without much results, but that's another story) and I was nearly in tears, having panic attacks everytime the practitioner worked in the areas directly above and below my navel. Is this normal (has anyone else felt the same) or could something traumatic have happened to that part of my body in a previous life?"

I've often wondered if this could be a sign that there will be fertility problems for me in the future. I am single, never been married, and have no children, but I sometimes have this strange fear that I will have problems conceiving a child when the time comes for me to get married and start a family. I do not know why, but a gut (pardon the pun) feeling tells me that I might have died in childbirth in the past. (I have no specific memories, it's just my intuition) The thought of being pregnant and giving birth makes me feel extremely uncomfortable. Granted, all pregnancies are uncomfortable, but my fear, I think, goes beyond the normal and natural stresses every pregnant woman can expect to go through. Sometimes I actually believe it will never happen for me in this lifetime, even though I would welcome being a mother. But first, I need to find a husband/soulmate **sigh** that's another story.

I don't know if this is also related to any of the above, but sex has always been an uncomfortable and painful experience for me. Also, when I am menstruating I sometimes feel like passing out from the sheer pain.

Could there be a "past life" link between all these things -- uneasiness in the stomach area/fear of childbirth/painful sex/painful menstruation?

Any comments and/or insights would be appreciated.

12. Red Cardinal

Red Cardinal Senior Registered

Hello Everyone,
    I would recommend Reiki. I have been working through fears of sexual intimacy and childbirth for several years now. Through healers and my own past life exploration, I discovered an ancient past life where I was tortured and gang raped by a group of men.

Reiki has helped me to release the blockages clogging up my root and second chakras as a result of this lifetime. I had Reiki on and off for about a year. Now I am getting strong impressions of a soul hovering around me who wishes to come down as my baby. I realize that I was drawn to Reiki as a result of this soul hovering around me who wanted her "future mother" healed before making the commitment to come here.

My suggestion is that if you feel drawn to Reiki, go for it! It could be that you feel drawn to this healing modality to make way for a healthy baby to be born. Souls on the other side have more wisdom and may be guiding mothers to answers.