• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

PL trauma and it's effects on this life

argonne1918

Senior Registered
This sounds like it is past life related. You will be amazed at what happens once you start learning where this comes from. Don't give up on the regression and / or meditation. It takes patience but it will come once you start opening up.

Everything you posted was well within the guidelines. My opinion, and keep in mind that I am not a qualified therapist, is that your subconscious is repressing your past life memories, because they are too painful to remember. I think argonne is correct, and understanding your PLs would help. Are you comfortable with telling us how old you are? That might help us understand your situation better.

It's good that you have conquered the religious intolerance. The anger at women must be PL related. Does it extend to women in general, or just those who might have a romantic interest in you? It sounds like a complex situation.

Please feel free to post. I'm not critical of your situation. Every one has issues of one kind or another, including me. I'm trying to figure out a way to help you access your memories. Do you remember your dreams? Sometimes they give valuable clues to what a PL may have been. I don't think the one you mentioned about being a pilot would connect with this situation, but you might have had an unfaithful wife, or gotten a "Dear John" letter while you were gone. That happened to my father. He married a 16 year-old girl before he deployed, and she divorced him for a guy who was 4-F as soon as he got home.

PL trauma and it's effects on this life

I'm like you I have yet to experience a PL.Suggestion guessing to me sounds like a bad idea.Firstly you may or may not be right.From what I understand hypnosis requires trust in both the process or person.

Secondly there is no such thing a too late to learn anything.What little you learn could advance you.Best of luck

I don't know if the age of the soul determines how advanced we are. I've been around for centuries, and don't deal well with some of my own problems. Some of us are slow learners. Have you ever taken the Myers/Briggs personality profile? A version is available on line. I found the results to be a help in explaining some of my issues. Also, 48 is a difficult age. It feels like all the problems that you could overlook when you were younger "come home to roost". I was that age when the "chain" I was dragging around with me got so heavy that I couldn't do it any longer. I think that's around the age when many people begin intense spiritual explorations. Don't get discouraged. You are not alone. A lot of people here are complicated souls. Are there any simple ones?

KDB said:
I appreciate your help. I really do.
There is simply too much I don't know, without going thru a regression. Now, all I can do is guess.

Am I an "old soul"? Or am I just a younger soul that's a loner, calm, detached, cynical, lazy bum that (really) hates drama? The symptoms are the same. And that is how I've been my entire life.

But if I'm so advanced(!) why this problem? Handling this should have been a piece of cake, unless I didn't want to handle it or it wasn't meant to be handled in this life.

For all I know, it was me that did something bad. I dont get that impression, but it's possible.
To me, what you are describing sound like choices you've made. To trust is a choice, to not trust women is a choice, to be a cynical lazy bum is a choice, as is handling an issue...all choices you've made. They may have been consciously made, or somehow spurred by unconscious sources, but whether initiated through this life or another, only you can determine. My only suggestion would be to make a choice to trust and move forward from there...in my experience, when I trust I am rewarded...kind of like the old saw "what we reap is what we sow".

We differ in our sense and usage of trust...I expect to trust and be trusted...I do not trust or involve myself with those who do not trust me. I am seldom disappointed.

KDB said:
I know what you mean by the chain. Especially lately. Maybe this is the storm before the calm? ;)
Ignoring it would be easier, but I'm being pushed.
Ignoring it would be "easier", but the weight of the chain becomes unbearable. The "push" is probably coming from your "Guidance", or your higher self. It is unwise to ignore them when they "push". And yes, I think this is the storm before the calm. As for trust, I have been blessed by being able to tell which humans I can trust. As for "heaven" - that is very, very hard for me. Help has been too slow in coming, sometimes plunging me into despair. But I am strong - you are strong. We persevere.

I have quite few traumas from different past lifes

One from my last life I can't stand cops

or as I still call them fuzz .

Cops did not take to kindly to hippies

constant beat downs a few deaths as well.

A lot of people feel that way, shadows. My husband (anglo) ran away from college, and joined Caesar Chavez and the United Farm Workers in this life. It gave him a life-long dislike of the police, because they hassled him, even though he was making a peaceful attempt to help people. That may very well have created a past life trauma.

Putting the Cart before the Horse...

Dear KDB...

You write..."I'm not sure why I am posting this. I'm not looking for advice."

I have read these words and pondered the last couple of days...these are my thoughts...

If a client comes to me and says they do not want advice...they just want to get something off their chests...I do not give it, because I can end up getting hurt and then get my head chopped off, which would be perfectly O.K....because the client did not give me the permission I need to give any kind of advice. But... after carefully reading these posts, I feel you ARE looking for advice...maybe you need to give others here explicit permission...maybe you can start right now with a bit of trust? Here in this forum, you are in "loving" hands! ( I do have just a wee bit of advice....but until I get a green light, I will not cross over your boundaries.) But I do have two questions...If you don't want women...where is the problem? Or... can it be that you don't trust...in general?

Thank-You...

In giving me permission to give you advice, you have taken a very important step, you have made yourself vulnerable...here is my advice...only in vulnerability can we experience love. If we build walls with anger, fear and distrust there will never be a door that love can pass through for any relationship, be it with a woman, man or all that may be in-between!...and IMHO, that does not always have to do with a past life. I feel you may be looking for a way to explain what you yourself may not beable to recieve from others even if they try to give it to you...trust...because when other trust you, you become responsible! In my last PL before this, I was murdered and I carry no anger for the soul who took my life. Making yourself vulnerable is very scary...I would "advise" to think about my words...and to ask yourself...do you really want change?

I think every one who has ever lived carries PL trauma. In my last life, I drowned, because William Mulholland didn't know how to design a dam. I don't hate him - I feel sympathy for the guilt he felt, and the way the disaster ruined his life. My present husband raped and accidentally killed me a few centuries ago in Scotland. I love him more than I love my life. I was once killed by a pack of wild dogs. My PL grandfather murdered my young lover, and sent me to a nunnery, long ago in Spain. He was the soul of one of my present-day daughters. Any member here could give a litany of PL trauma, and few of us are wise, or special. Aelfgyva is wise. She has given you the best advice that I've ever heard on the forum. Please, for your own sake, consider what she says. Just because you have a history of being unhappy doesn't mean you have to continue to be. Life is long, and isn't meant to be hopeless. You may never trust women - that's okay. Maybe next time around. It can get better, and my extremely ordinary life is proof of that. I hope I haven't offended you - this is from the heart, and comes from love for your soul. If you allow us, we will try to help you figure out what trauma is holding you "prisoner". Blessings, Briar :)

I would just like to add my unwise two cents for what it's worth. I found out in my PLR (with a hypnotist) that a fear I brought into this life was a fear of losing people. That is true, and it's that fear (I think) that has prevented me from ever letting anyone get close to me. It's also driven me to the brink of breakdown worrying about something happening to someone I care about.

Despite being happily married for 30 years, there are still areas of my soul that I won't let him into. I'm very close to my sister, but the same thing there. I just cannot let myself go and be vulnerable, and I'm not the most trusting of people either.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you don't have to make yourself totally vulnerable to be happy and / or contented, but you do have to take a chance sometimes and see where it leads you. Our hearts are resilient and can bounce back from being hurt, but I think not ever trying hurts even more.

I wish you the very best.

BriarRose said:
In my last life, I drowned, because William Mulholland didn't know how to design a dam.
Actually it wasn't the design. It was the location. Decades later geologists using modern technology discovered it was built on an ancient landslide, which is unstable ground. The Hollywood Dam, which is still standing, is a twin to the St. Francis dam.

Well, in any event, dead is dead. Or not, as I'm obviously "back". :laugh:

Misty, I think what you wrote was very wise. It does hurt more not to take a chance at all.

KDB said:
There's nothing unwise about it. You and everyone else here make perfect sense. I'm the one that's not making sense here.
The problem is that I am still feeling the effects of whatever caused this. So, that being the case, the excellent advice given won't be followed. It's not because I'm ungrateful for the advice given, and it's not because I am questioning what is offered. It's because I have to know the source of what caused this. Then, and only then, I might willfully do things differently.

If I hadn't wasted all that time and effort on religion, I would have solved this problem by now.
I can understand not wanting or not being able to change some part of your life (from personal experience) ... but also from personal experience, you may not ever be able to figure out what caused it. I have issues which I hoped the PLRs would help me solve .. and sometimes it does seem like there is a germ of what could be a truth, but it hasn't changed anything for me. At least not yet. I sincerely hope you can find a way to solve yours.

Maybe wasting time and effort on religion is just to set you up to know better in your next life??

I have found that it makes a BIG difference how I passed over. Trauma, abandonment, pain..all carry over to the next life time..or at least other life times. It's never too late to explore the possibilities.

Understanding the source, the root of the problem enables healing. What I have learned, and what seems true to me is that consciousness creates. Even our illnesses. Even trauma! Let me share a small portion of how my own memories illustrate this for me.

#1 -I was a white boy -raised by the Indians after my family was killed. My name was Alexander and I lived from 1794 until 1838, my life was filled with trauma, anger, distress and ended with the Trail of Tears. I came to know the suffering, the pain, the wounds inflicted upon the spirit of a people whose culture did not and could not understand the ways of the white man. I held in my heart the image of an Indian woman pleading for the Great Spirit to help her. I held in my thoughts an Indian man with his hands outstretched to the sky pleading with the Great Spirit to end their suffering. At the time of my death, my feelings were of helplessness, my emotions were of anger and negativity, my thoughts were fearful. The Indians were at the mercy of the white man and his ways. I had wanted so badly not to be a white man. I wanted to have darker skin like my Indian brothers.

Socrates once asked, “What sort of knowledge is there which would draw the soul from becoming to being?" I think he was referring to states of consciousness. What I held in consciousness during my life and at the time of my death, I must have created in my next life: my name was Clara.... I was a black slave girl living in the South during the Civil War.

#2 As a black woman in the South, one need only imagine the pain, suffering and trauma! At the time of Clara's death, my feelings were of fear for myself and for others, my emotions were that of confusion and distrust, my thoughts were to not bring children into this terrible world. Again I had come to know the suffering, the pain, the wounds inflicted upon the spirit of a people whose color dictated their class, their social standing and their sense of self. I wanted to be accepted, I wanted away from the racial issues in America. I wanted to have lighter skin. My thoughts, my feelings and my emotions, drew me like a magnet into my next life, in 1900. However, one more time I would face suffering. My name was Valeria, I lived in Italy, I would never marry, never have children and I would experience two of the worst world wars in History. Valeria -- died of ovarian cancer in 1957 - I was born in this life - 1959.

I am sure this is only part of the bigger puzzle..but it is what seems to make a lot of sense to me.

“We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world.” Buddha

So when you say it's too late - why? Wouldn't that in and of itself be a root source? Not the actual feelings toward women - but the feeling that its "too late?"

Recently, we have had a post going concerning the Myers -Briggs assessment. There were a surprising number of INFJs, myself included. No one answered who wasn't an introvert. I have wondered if personality type remains unchanged from life to life. INFJs are the rarest type of all, but I wouldn't want to be anything else. It's the thing that makes "me remain me", or a manifestation of my soul. I agree that the "trial by fire" teaching method often seems cruel, and incomprehensible. It's a popular belief that we help "design" the trials we face in our efforts to learn. It all comes down to a matter of attitude. We sometimes can't change events, just the way we look at what happens to us. I sound "preachy", but believe me, KDB, I have had my own struggles with being negative. I had the same fundamentalist Christian background you did, and absolutely couldn't conform. I didn't precisely "disbelieve", but I did refuse to participate, in spite of the guilt trips, and threats of damnation. I left the Church as soon as I left home. I don't hate the people who profess Christianity, but the newer breed of born-agains often frighten me with their zealotry, and annoy me with their persistence. However, I think many Christians act out of love for my dark, unrepentant soul. :rolleyes: Have you had experiences in this life that have affected you emotionally? If it was being a Christian, and you think they are wrong, write them off. Bad memories only have the power we allow them to have. If someone wronged you in a PL, do you really want to allow them to have power over you now? I understand your need to know where these feelings come from. Have you started to try meditation/self-regression yet? Many of us would be happy to make suggestions, but someone as intelligent as you has probably done some research on methods. In any event, we can tell you what works for us.

You have to go with what works best for you. If it's meditation, then so be it. Some people ask Guidance, or their own subconscious, for past life dreams right before going to sleep. I've had some success with this. I don't know about your work schedule, but on week-ends you could try setting an alarm, and waking at different times in the sleep cycle. REM sleep seems to be where the subconscious works out problems, and we cycle in and out of that all night. Keep a pad and pen by the bed, so you can write anything pertinent down. One cautionary note - apparently some of us suppress past life info for self-protection. I think you can handle what you might find out, and it would help you to know, but I am not a therapist.

All three of children died as well my sister

during the civil from scarlett fever.

Thats why I don't want children.

The strange thing is I had scarlett fever as a child.

KDB said:
It's the teaching thru trauma. Would this enter the minds of any school teacher, or parent, to do anything like this to teach a child a lesson?
If there is one thing that makes me question reincarnation, it's this teaching thru trauma.
I don't profess to have definitive answers to any of this, but a lot of what I've read seems to point to such things as "soul pacts," or whatever they might be called. For example, I might need to learn that killing is wrong and you might volunteer to be killed so that I could learn that lesson. Then next life it might be reversed. I'm probably not explaining that concept well, but it's something that makes sense to me.

The other thought I've had is that if someone tells you not to do something (such as not to touch a hot stove) and you go ahead and touch the stove anyway - doesn't that reinforce the lesson a lot stronger than just the concept of potentially being burned?

KDB said:
I think it's too late to get romantically involved with anyone. But that could also be because I am still in this trauma, still feeling the effects.
It's never too late to become romantically involved with someone - I know a couple in their 90s who have the sweetest relationship you could imagine, and they didn't even meet until three years ago!

In any case, why not just find someone to be friends with and not even worry about romance? If it's meant to be, it will happen.

KDB said:
It's not too late to have the trauma removed.
I don't know how many self-PLRs you have tried, but I wouldn't give up. For myself, it's maybe one in ten (or more) tries that actually comes up with even a little snippet of something. Also, try different types of PLR - there seem to be a number of them on YouTube, but only a couple of them produce results for me. In fact, I found a couple of them downright annoying :laugh:

Now I have been following but haven't responded yet to this thread. Yes we all have issues in life it seems. And how many issues that we might have is actually rooted in various traumas suffered in past lives. And these past traumas how much have made us into who we are today.

As for myself, I can really see how the trauma I suffered as a Native American has affected me in this life. Some years ago, I was talking with a close friend and we were talking about past life stuff. And I told him that if I had been born Native American in this life then I would be a bitter and angry person and I had to be born and experience this life on the other side so to speak this time around. The other day I was meditating on that life of being a Cheyenne Woman and the purpose of why it came up again. And how much deep inside it seems am angry still at the Blue Coats for what they perpetrated on the Native Americans and what happened to othe Hunter- Gatherer groups around the world. Personally I despise Custer and he got what he deserved in my opinion. In this life I never go over to the plains area for the sadness is there deep inside me how it is not the same anymore with the buffalo being gone now and the old ways of living with the earth are seemingly gone now. And that sadness is there too also deep inside. I could go on and on but to keep it short, so that trauma of what happened is still there buried down deep inside so to speak.

Then if we have some trauma from some past life deep within us, then will ask .... What is the role of forgiveness for these situations and what is the role to standing up and speaking against evil to prevent future situations like this? Since how much have heard that so much in the spiritual world is based on Love and Forgiveness, then what role does this have in trying to rectify some past life traumas?

Just thinking and offering my two cents worth. Wishing Everyone the Best.

KDB said:
I can go into trance without much effort. I have MP3s that do that. I'm thinking I have had poor results with PLR is because I basically jumped head-first into it, without much prep work. I wasn't sure I'd be OK with what I find.
Some of the vids I've found were annoying too. But they work for others.

The thing about soul pacts is that even these seem to be negatives. I kill you, you kill me, YAY! We know what it's like to kill each other. Isn't it wonderful? Woo hoo! Maybe next time, we can torture each other before we kill each other! Wouldn't that be a great learning experience? So lovely, so beautiful, so enlightening, I feel better already...

How about saving lives. How about lifting up other people?

It seems to me that by the time we've lived a few lives here, we'd have already had a belly full of killing. But we always seem to forget. If I was a pilot, I'm sure I've killed hundreds of people. Maybe thousands. Someone wants to keep this planet bathed in blood. I'd like to know why.
I'd like to know why, too. Flaw in the design, is what I'm fond of saying.

KDB, Yes I have a had a number of Native American lifes with quite a few it seems actually. Also some Australian Aborigine lives also which I don't know much about. Guess this is the way I approach much of life still it seems in my thinking.

But now I like one thing my father said about reincarnation and past lives. Now we tend to think about the traumas we suffered in a past life and their effects. But also how about the many good things that happened and all the happy times we had experienced also. My father said this paraphrased ... that in coming back it is not so much we are to learn or relating to karma and such but that we just want to come back and enjoy another life again. Now personally do think he had something here on just enjoying life for how often do we get caught up negatively in everything it seems.

Also I have a friend when he is around, we talk about this stuff and reincarnation and past lives all the time. In killing each other, he talked about with him how often he was a frenchman, then a englishman, and a viking in various past lives. And how he loved coming back it seemed to fight and kill and for the adventure time after time after time. This is just what he would say. Then how many call someone that they are some 'old soul' so to speak. And onetime tongue in cheek, heard this about being an old soul that one is actually a 'slow Learner'.

And finally I liked that last line of yours on your last post. I made me chuckle but how true!

Wishing Everyone the Best!

Back