Poltergeist

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by Kristopher, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

Do you think every ghost has the ability to move items and people in a violent, or friendly, manner? If such a phenomena is true, then why and how can these ghosts have such a connection with the physical world?

I've heard in many stories that it's children who often see the ghost(s) in a house where poltergeist activity is said to be happening.

One story I've heard was actually from a friend of my family, who moved into their new house (years ago now). She said she would get locked in her room when no one was even in the house with her. She had to phone her husband to come home from work and open her room door. And the front door was locked to start with so no one could have got in. Her three daughters, who are now older, but stil remember the event, remember they all seen a man standing in their room at night time. They screamed and the man just disappeared. Other weird things would also happen such as doors slamming shut, people(ghosts) screaming or shouting randomly.

2. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Based on my personal experiences, yes, ghosts are aware of and can interact with the physical world. As to how, I don't know. What I do know is that it seems to take tremendous amounts of energy. Ours interacted out of a desire to be acknowledged.

Poltergeists are closely tied with psychokinetic (PK) energy, the ability to move things with your mind. It's often caused by intense stress. In many cases I have read, the Poltergeist was centered on a child who was enduring stress. It was anything from a disruptive home life to a broken home to cases of child abuse and molestation. Adults are less likely to generate PK, but it is not unknown.

PK activity is not always violent. While cases where windows are broken, doors slammed, and things thrown are most noticeable, some also involve no more than objects sliding across surfaces, rattling doors, or just falling off of wherever they were put.

I had heard years ago that PK activity was able to be reproduced under scientific conditions, but I have yet to find any evidence of any such event. It may be bogus, because I recall the story ended with the study not being funded because there was no practical application. I can't imagine anyone not seeing the practical uses of being able to move things with your mind, especially quadriplegics!

3. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I have a little boy spirit who moves things around all the time, and he keeps taking my remote controls for my television. He is not scary at all.

I have been told that if you get into a situation where you are scared to say, "I am a child of God and you cannot hurt me. NOW GET OUT!" and the spirit will leave.

So far, when I have been in scary situations I have used it, and it works. It may not work for everyone, and I am sure there are some out there who do not believe as I do.

I guess, like everything else, it is to each his own.

Good luck!

4. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Kristopher - you would probably like reading Mary Ann Winkowski's book called "When Ghosts Speak", if you haven't already. Most of the time spirits/ghosts are nothing like Hollywood portrays, and her book is not fear based, in fact it's quite the opposite, which was why I enjoyed it myself. If I remember right she said for the average spirit it takes an enormous amount of energy to actually move anything...

5. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

Does anyone else find it hilarious that the ghost hunters on tv yell out when they hear something? Geez, they are supposed to be professionals, LOL ...

6. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

IMHO, I agree, Spirits or Ghosts pretty much respect the sacred name of the Creator, except for a few that don't (think perhaps Exorcist).

Or invoking the name of the Creator let's the Ghost know you're serious and not to be trifled with.

IMO either way, it's a powerful name!

7. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

Some spirits who remain on earth may do so due to their religious beliefs when they were physically alive. If they didn't believe in the spirit world, they won't cross over into the light. If they didn't believe in life after death at all, they won't even know or consider the possibility that they're dead. if they do indeed think they're still alive, then poltergeist may be a result of a spirits frustration becuase everyone seems to be ignoring them in general ways.

8. KnickKnack

KnickKnack New Member

This is what I find the most fascinating; I've been thinking a lot about the human experience/beliefs' influence on the afterlife, and whether or not we are bound by any set 'laws' of what happens when we pass on.

^L^ the funny thing for me is that generally when they yell out, I hear nothing, and it seems that their recorders don't either a good part of those times. Still, I have to admit, I keep watching :D