Proof of physical memory

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by John Tat, Apr 7, 2014.

1. John Tat

John Tat Senior Registered

A diary that is an accurate record of our memories over a period of time is proof physical memory does exist
    It is also absolute proof the physical memory can and is stored separately from the Akashic memory/records

2. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

I don't understand what you're trying to suggest? Everything you've ever done is stored in your memory. If I asked you what you had for breakfast on the 18th June, 1996, you wouldn't be able to tell me, because there is no physical link between time and our memories, but that doesn't mean that the memory no longer exists just because you can't associate it with a date, it is there, but buried in your subconscious, and it is accessible, not easy though. For example, when a person is regressed, it is possible to take them back to remembering the most mundane things they experienced as a baby, things that they couldn't possibly remember while fully conscious. A diary however is not a memory, it's a written account of an individual's experiences, you can't experience the feelings and emotions of the writer, you can only imagine them. We all must have read something about man landing on the Moon at some point in our lives, but that doesn't mean that the written account becomes our memory because we can only imagine what it's like to walk on the Moon, we can't experience it or take ownership of the memory by reading an account, or a diary. I'm sorry if this doesn't address your post, but I don't fully understand what your point is? I do think you would find The Holographic Universe an interesting read.

3. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

John, a diary would never be an accurate record of anyone's memories, because the information in a diary is subjective - colored by the perceptions of the author. My memory of an event wouldn't match yours - this is true with witnesses, in courts of law. Every person sees a different, subjective truth, and swears to it, under oath. The Akashic records, however, are impartial, and recorded by the Universal Mind. Why does this concept disturb you?

4. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

5. John Tat

There is an obsession about memory. Soul memory, Akashic memory, god's memory, subconscious memory and physical memory. I have always asked the question . What is memory?

For example

Where are previous life memories stored? I have never had a previous life memory. I don't know about your soul but my soul certainly cannot be hypnotized, coerced or persuaded into doing anything

Only that which is physical can be hypnotized, coerced or persuaded into doing things. My soul is not physical

So when you have previous life memories or are regressed do those memories come from the Akashic records?

My diary memories are my memories just for me. Someone else can read them but they would mean little or nothing to them

If I wrote in my diary that on the 18th June 2012 I visited my Aunt Sally and had a great day talking about when I was a kid at home with my mother, here sister and what great fun those days were, I don't understand how you cannot call those recorded memories of the 18th June 2012

ChrisR makes my point. A diary is a physical link between time and memory

6. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I am attempting to understand the point you are trying to make. I have memories ranging far beyond this current lifetime, outside of any physical connection, and the more powerful memories have distinct and valid worth in my current lifetime, and thus my belief for their being revealed to me. I get the impression you are trying to say that doesn't exist, that I am somehow mistaken...that if those memories are founded outside of my physical being, they are invalid. Is this your point?

7. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Maybe you should try doing a regression then come back and talk to us.

8. BriarRose

Yes, I concur with Argonne and Usetawuz. Try a regression of your own, and then tell us what you think. :)

9. John Tat

All I'm trying to do is to figure out what traditional beliefs in reincarnation are. My understandings came almost instantly from what I believe was a chance strong connection to my pure self (my pure identity and awareness). I came to this forum with none or very little understanding of traditional beliefs

At this point to me traditional beliefs appears to be very complicated. They lack any clear direction. From my perspective they create far more confusion than clarity

There is an obsession with memory and how many previous life memories you believe you have. It appears almost mandatory to be regressed to find even more lives and memories.

My understanding tells me searching for these believed past lives and memories is not important when searching for what reincarnation is. That must appear a strange comment when most perceive reincarnation means previous lives lived not what I believe what reincarnation means that is lives still to come. I understand that is what we all believe about our souls, but my beliefs include worthy pure identities and awareness's That's were my beliefs and traditional beliefs first part ways. and why I believe reincarnation must move forwards. Stoping and looking back at who we may have been is not in my opinion what reincarnation is about

As I have said before my understandings are based on our three separate identities in one. Our soul, our pure identity and awareness (everything about us that is not physical) and our physical identity and awareness

Our reincarnating soul is working towards its ultimate destiny

I will explain what a worthy pure identity and awareness is

When our souls finally reach there ultimate destiny and go to the next level, they must have a separate identity and awareness to function at that next level. Just as we have three separate they identities must have two

Those pure identities and awareness's that a soul considers to be worthy are those who they choose to be there ultimate identity and awareness. After both have survived physical death of the body which they both do because neither of them are physical the soul attaches itself to the pure identity and awareness it has chosen and they then reincarnate and continue the journey together. As you can imagine this is a very very rare occurrence Over time all pure identities and awareness's will eventually become worthy. A pure identity and awareness will go through its own dying process with no soul or physical body to support it

When a pure identity and awareness is not considered worthy which is almost all of the time reincarnation continues on in whatever form you believe it to be

This is very basic about my beliefs. But from this small example you can understand why I believe previous life's and there memories have little or no significance to what I believe really happens

10. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

From a personal point of view, I don't consider looking back and trying to find out about my past lives to be absolutely necessary in order to understand reincarnation. It is simply an interest and a longing to know more about something that has affected me deeply in my present life, call it a hobby if you like. If you're suggesting that the majority of people who remember past lives feel that it is a must that they have to look back in order to move forward, then you are mistaken. The purpose of this forum doesn't set out to prove anything, we are a community who gather in this space to share our experiences, theories and opinions. Of course, you have as much right to be a part of the community and share your thoughts as everyone else here does, and you have put forward some interesting ideas, but I think at the end of the day, we're all pretty much on the same page, but viewing from different angles. Naturally, discussion is always going to lean towards the past, because none of us can be certain what the future holds, that is why the forum is called The Past Life Forum. I can't say a lot about what my next life has in store for me, or the life after that, or in what direction I am going, and to be honest, those things don't particularly interest me, but that's me. However, I can share what I remember from previous lives, and that is all I'm doing, just sharing, I don't claim to have a clear understanding of reincarnation by doing that. The forum gives you what you want to take from it, for some it is a great resource for finding out about past lives or for assisting with research, for parents seeking support for their children, for others it's just a place to hang out, a community for like minded people to share experiences, the forum doesn't claim to be an authority or the final word on reincarnation, it is simply what the members make it. ;)

11. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

Well described, Chris.

John, thank you for your considered reply.

I sense that there are difficulties in not only our usage of terms, but in our basis of information. But I also sense your desire to prove your point...explaining it is wonderful and appreciated, but any expectation of an ability to prove our opinions isn't going to happen.

Some time ago I found a manner through which to review many past life memories and impressions and I avidly investigated my newfound knowledge. It was only after the newness and potential of what all this meant to me began to settle down into a reasonable (to me) belief system that the purpose and meaning came to me. What lies in my future is what I will make it...the current being I am, an amalgam of the input, inspiration and validation from many previous lives combined with my experiences in this life, will be the vessel obtaining and carrying the current memories back to my greater soul, the Akasha and the universe where they will be catalogued with all the others. The reasons why and how the system of reincarnation works is no longer essential to what I am doing in this life, especially since I have been assured that upon my passing it will all be evident that I knew it all along. What I am certain about is that the system provides me with more than just the wisdom and intelligence with which I came into this lifetime, and that I have constant access and use of that wisdom and intelligence sourced through those past lives, and that I knew this coming into this lifetime and have been and will be a willing participant in those events and people with whom I will be involved during this lifetime. Beyond that, I will read with interest any newly contributed theories and beliefs and evaluating them against my own and taking what works while forgetting that which does not.

12. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

And it is this that is most freeing, I think. Knowing that life isn't merely inflicted on me, but chosen ... I look for the patterns and meaning.

In my experience, I much more naturally live (and develop) the "best of myself" when I live out of this place of confident connection and purpose. It's no longer a matter of trying really hard to be good enough to move up in life or after-life.

John, the explanations you are offering apply to words other than "reincarnation" in my mind. They sound a lot like "The Fourth Way" of spiritual development. Have you read any of Gurdjieff's writings? Your thoughts remind me of the points he makes.

13. John Tat

Mere Dreamer

I just had a quick look at the principles of the Fourth Way on Wikipedia. That is fascinating they look much the same as what I believe. How is that possible when I had no idea the Fourth Way was out there? Thanks I will do plenty of reading on it now

14. Mere Dreamer

Mere Dreamer Senior Registered

I'm glad you see the similarities, too. I've been trying to remember the name of this philosophy ever since your first post. *laugh* I'm not too good at keeping track of titles and names once I've absorbed the concepts in what I read.... cover face

15. John Tat

I have so many questions I will ask several

Asking questions to me is a far better way than anything else as a way of learning. Traditional beliefs are still a mystery to me. All I can really do is ask questions

Some talk about the pain they feel from previous lives of their souls.. If the soul has already learnt from the pain suffered by a previous physical vessel it occupied, why would the soul want another vessel to experience the same pain, when there is no long term lessons to be learnt by the temporary vessel?

Do you believe your soul controls the flow of knowledge and memory to your physical brain or is it random?

If it does control the flow of knowledge and memory do you believe it is possible as I do there are times when what you want is actually what your soul wants. In other words the soul can and does set the physical body and brain tasks to do so the soul can experience what he wants to experience and requires a physical body to do that for him?

When you say you experience the memories of your soul are you saying you are your soul? If you do believe you are your soul that would help me greatly in getting a better understanding about traditional beliefs, especially in regards to previous life memories, which I have never had one.

I see myself as three separate identities in one My soul,my pure identity and awareness and my physical identity and awareness. So it is impossible for me to be my soul

If you are not your soul do you see yourself in a similar fashion?

That is a good question for me to understand where traditional beliefs are in how you see yourselves in regards to your souls That will able me to answer some of the questions I have

I have many more questions but that's enough for now

16. BriarRose

We do believe we are our souls. We believe that the soul controls the flow of memories to our conscious minds. The memories the soul chooses to highlight are pertinent to the life we are leading now. I can't see that there is any seperation between the soul, the "pure identity", and the awareness. They combine in the soul, and control the physical identity. :)

17. John Tat

Thanks for that that makes some things clearer for me. My only query to wrap this up in my mind is, when you say the pure identity and awareness are combined in the soul are you saying Briar Rose's is there or is it the souls pure identity and awareness ? So is the soul more than I believe a soul is or does the soul have a different pure identity and awareness with each incarnation? Do you believe Briar Rose's has its own pure identity and awareness and it will die with the physical body?

18. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

Hi John,

You have had an 'idea' (insight) about reincarnation and you are checking with the people here as to how it might match up with their ideas about reincarnation. Is that a correct description? You can describe this insight as a message from your higher self if you like, but it's basically an 'idea' you have had.

You are trying to suggest that your theory is 'neater' than the reality people are describing to you. But people here are disagreeing with your theory because it doesn't mesh with their personal experiences.

These accounts of personal experiences do not necessarily equate to 'traditional beliefs' by the way, but you will find (when you get around to doing some reading) that ancient accounts of reincarnation / past life memory have not really changed into the modern day. Neither have ancient ways of eating, sleeping, laughing, crying and doing everything else that people do. Because this is part of human experience. It can be messy. That's life.

Memory is important in all this, because that's what the experience is - having a memory. You may hold certain beliefs about what memory is and is not. You may think that memories are 'stored' in the brain, the way beans are stored in a cupboard. You may find, by doing your own regression or having an experience of your own, that those theories are incomplete.

Some people, myself included, also have 'future life memories' but they are less common. They feel just the same as the 'past life memories' but they are occurring in the future.

Maybe 'soul', 'pure identity' and 'awareness' are all the same thing? Maybe they are not three separate things? That's certainly the way I view it.

19. tanguerra

Maybe people are just 'people' and tend to get into bad habits - hanging out with the same bad crowd, doing the same dumb things. Maybe it takes more than one lifetime for some people? Maybe the lesson has been forgotten and needs revision?

Maybe it's a trial and error process and not as neat and orderly as some people imagine. Maybe when something 'bad' happens, or something 'good' happens, it's entirely random, but way we choose to respond depends on the depth of our wisdom (earned over many lifetimes)? There are many beliefs about this, but nobody really knows for sure. It's one of life's great mysteries.

Our mind (I dislike the use of the word 'brain' when you actually mean mind) is more like a filter of information. We 'filter out' information that is not immediately useful for daily life most of the time. The 'soul' communicates to our mind sometimes when we meditate, when we're asleep, when we 'zone out', when we are deeply moved or deeply distressed. So, in this way, the mind will sometimes be more receptive to 'soul information' than others is the way I see it, even though the soul is always 'in the background' sometimes it comes more to the fore. Some people see the soul being 'in charge' of this process. I see a more cooperative model at work.

Your body is part of this mix too of course. Your body will occasionally override everything else when it is very hungry or very tired for instance. So, who's 'in charge' then? It's a combined effort in my view.

I wouldn't describe it as 'setting tasks' but sometimes you can feel when your mind, body and soul are all in harmony. When your mind is constantly trying to overrule your soul and your body you feel out of sorts, unhappy and will often get sick into the bargain. In a perfect world all would always be in harmony. We don't live in a perfect world (yet).

You are your soul. When you move house you don't become a different person do you? Would you substantially change your attitudes, likes, dislikes etc? You may have new neighbours. You may adjust your behaviour if you moved to a new country. But you wouldn't be a completely different person. It's the same when you 'move bodies'.

Each 'iteration' of ourselves is made up of a mind, body and soul.

The body is new each time. Sometimes it will bear marks of previous lives. For example some people have birth marks at points where there was a previous injury. Some people can carry ailments with them - like asthma, or a limp, or similar - again often reflecting a previous injury. People often look similar from one life to the next for some reason that makes no logical sense, but there it is. It happens. People can have the same walk, mannerisms, laugh... again I don't know why, but I know it 'happens'.

The mind is effected by your upbringing and environment each time - culture, education, family, peers, all have their part to play in your 'personality'. So does your biochemistry and your 'soul'. It's all interactive. However, people also bring part of their personality with them. New born babies are not 'blank slates'. We all come with 'baggage'. People bring talents with them from one life to the next as well, such as being able to play a musical instrument or speak a language.

Our soul does not change all that much from one life to the next, except (hopefully) it grows in wisdom, patience and compassion. (Not always though!).

20. tanguerra

Maybe you learned it in a past life? :)

21. BriarRose

I believe nothing ceases to exist at death but the physical body. My soul, pure identity, and awareness continue on, and eventually choose a new body.

Otherwise, I think Tanguerra pretty much "wrapped the subject up, and tied it with a bow"! Well said, Tanguerra.

22. John Tat

tanguerra

Thanks for that lengthy and great reply. As always it took me several days to read and absorbed everything you said

Most of what you said was either the same as I said and/ or what I believe put in a different way and/or perceptive

Where we part ways is I believe my pure identity and awareness everything about that is physical is separate from my soul. John Tat's pure identity and awareness is all about who I am not who or what my soul is. It is separate just as my physical body is. It is my belief at least 90% of who we are is not physical. and includes our consciousness of who we really are. It is JohnTat's pure identity and awareness that if it was considered worthy would be connected to my soul to continue the journey together. As I have said the chances of that happening are next to zero. In my opinion it is very possible there is and must be, "for a better description", an evolving process to make dividual pure self's worthy. I cannot accept the concept the soul has its own identity and awareness. My soul is certainly not Harry Smith. A real part of us that is not physical connect to our souls going to our ultimate destiny together brings clarity to what is going on

I understand no one on this forum would agree with that.

23. John Tat

I made a grammar error when I said first the my pure identity is everything about me that is physical It should have read everything about me that is not physical

24. tanguerra

Yes. I think we are all saying the same things but just using different words. Mind, body, spirit. Ego, id, entity.... All just words for the same thing. Billy, Bobby, Betty....

'John Tat', you are 'worthy'. 'Harry Smith' is worthy. Tanguerra is 'worthy'. Soul, spirit, identity... We are all 'worthy'. We are all what we are. Everyone is 'worthy'. We are all on different paths perhaps, but that's OK and how it should be. We have done good things and bad things from one life to the next. This one... last one... next one... whatever. It's a dance. It's a game. It's a ride. Try to enjoy the view and be as good as we can... There's not much more most of us can do anyway except hang on and smile. :)

"It's between fear and love". Pretty simple.

'>

25. tanguerra

Thanks BriarRose. T.