questions about baby/toddler memories

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by dumbwh, Jul 27, 2021.

1. dumbwh

dumbwh

I don't really believe in past lives or really anything supernatural, but I do kinda wonder sometimes when I remember some stuff I might have got as a kid.
    Like today I kinda thought about that stuff and it kinda got me thinking, so just wanted to check this forum out again and ask a few questions about that stuff.
    Like what do y'all think they mean if let's say they're legit? Like why do y'all think I had them? and why like that?

My mems:

I very vividly remember being brought back home from the hospital a few days after being born and being put in a baby seat in the living room, in a blank newborn mind state. then when I was alone two seconds later, suddenly thinking like an adult and being like "oh this is a fresh new life," judging the decorations in the room maybe, and also feeling a bit sad that I had to start all over and that I was a baby. I then was like "this is it" and went back to a newborn blank bleached state. a minute later I think, I was my past life self again and I thought about my family around my sick bed and just that I had been an ******* kinda, and that was kinda on purpose so the new baby me could take note. from what I 'remember' from that I was this run of the mill researcher dude at some uni in my birth city, and died a few months earlier from cancer in my 70's. I think my name was Richard but I'm not sure.

I remember also having brief moments where I'd be him for a few secs as a baby. but not really in detail. I just know it was in the first months I think, and that after that it stopped

I also remember being like maybe 3 & sitting in the same place I had as a newborn baby when I had the whole past life self stuff for the first time I remember, I had three very vivid hallucinations that lasted a few seconds each and all followed each other back to the back of my most recent past lives before the science dude. I know one of them (the first hall) was the dining room in a dutch house in the 16 or 17 hundreds, the one after was also some dining room in a 17th century us house, and the other one I totally forgot but I think it wasn't also a dining room

when i was 4 i also had a moment where i thought to myself in a higher state and def not as 4 yo me (not as my past life self, but maybe from a life before that idk) " this is so boring, i hate being a kid. it's so long, can't wait until i'm 16 when it's going to start to get interesting". then i went back to being my innocent little kid self.

(i remembered all this for the first time since (if those mems are real, wich they probs aren't, even though they feel so ******* real & vivid x( ) when i was 7 while going through my newborn album and seeing a pic of me as a baby in that chair with the specific decos that i remember seeing that day, and they hit me with huge force. i remembered everything so so clearly and vividly, it really really freaked me out so much)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    Speedwell and fireflydancing like this.
  2. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, what do you think they mean? If you don't trust yourself, then who can you trust?

3. fireflydancing

fireflydancing just a fly in the sky Staff Member Super Moderator

The reason why people take their own memories seriously is that these feel so real, so raw, so emotional, so painful, so beautiful...
    It's not just fantasizing about other worlds in dreamland. For a lot of people, the memories are confrontational because unfinished business often makes people remember.

Apart from the above, I think your story is great. Most people don't remember scenes from just after birth. My late colleague moderator, Ken, also had memories from the crib.

Speedwell likes this.
  4. MaVie

MaVie Active Member

Hello dumbwh,

I had similar experience.
    When I was teenagers I observed family photo album. There was a baby photo lie down in a stripes blanket and my dad was sitting next the bed. I remember the feeling when my dad put me lie down in the bed and I saw the stripes blanket. I remember at that time (as a baby) I was thinking, why other put me lie down such as a fragile person? then I knew that I supposed to sleep. When I (as teenagers) saw this photo, I could not believe that as a baby I was able noticed the situation. I was worried that others might not believe my story, therefore I didn't talk to others.
    Reading your story, now I know that what I felt was a real situation.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    fireflydancing and Speedwell like this.
  5. Speedwell

Speedwell Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Hi again. I wanted to add to my previous comment, which I think may have seemed not very helpful.

Actually I think your memories are very real-sounding and meaningful. Often I think those very early memories or experiences of being in this world can be very rich and informative, not just about past-lives, but about the nature of existence, what is important in life. So I think you should treasure your memories.

Where I was slightly distracted was the remark about the 'supernatural'. It isn't a word I tend to use, since I think all of these things are natural. But in a way, even the ordinary things we take for granted are kind of 'supernatural'. Like how can a bunch of chemicals heaped together have the ability to have experiences, to feel joy and pain? This is what scientists try to have us believe, that some chemicals making up the cells in our brains have this magical ability to have experiences. Isn't that a kind of supernatural belief? Sorry, sometimes I just have to say what I'm thinking, but to me everything is kind of mysterious, even the ordinary is something which cannot be understood, when we look at it more closely.

fireflydancing likes this.