Revolutionary War and Colonial Memories

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Nobutada, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Nobutada

Nobutada Daimyo of Mito

Today being July 4th, I was wondering-- how many people here were in the American Revolution (as British/Americans/Hessians or whatever else)?

I think I was...the area of Valley Forge, Pennsylvania (near where I live) is eerily familiar to me, and one night I even had a close encounter with some ghosts of Redcoats... :eek: As far as I know, I was one of the earliest Armenians to come to America, and fought in the Continental Army. Oh! And today I had my first flashback in ages-- a man with one of those three-corner hats on horseback, rifle in one hand, reins in the other, riding through the field at Valley Forge where the soldiers would train.

Anyway...anyone else?

-N.

2. GreenKnight

GreenKnight Senior Registered

I don't have any memories of that but I do have a fascination with Thomas Jefferson. As if I knew the man. But I didn't know him as a friend or family member. I think I knew him from afar as a poor person or a servant. I never engaged in conversation with him but liked and respected him then. And still do. These are all vague feelings. Nothing concrete.

3. dark rosaleen

dark rosaleen Senior Registered

Not me, but I think a friend was. We went to a reenactment once, and I asked if the real battle had really been fought in that place. (Their position was utterly indefensible--it's a long story.) He said, "No, it was over there," or something. Turned out later, he had the same name as one of the soldiers in that army, and was born on the same date the man had left the army.

4. Kitty

Kitty Senior Registered

ohhh! nice topic!!! i was always very patriotic. you know, John Wayne and Apple Pie. ahahaha. i had many dreams of being a man in the famous revolutionary war. i was shot in my right thigh but i lived a pretty decent life chatting up politics like any other man and being a big fan of alexander hamilton's. happy 4th of July!

Alexander_H likes this.
  5. Sandra

Sandra Banned

I don't have any memories of being in America until the 1820's or so, but johnadams.org has a lot of info...

The only thing I know is that when I did my family geneology, my sister was furious. Our five-great grandfather was a loyalist! There's an old story that Patriots grabbed old Solomon and were intending to tar and feather him, and set him adrift in a boat down river. He was so nice to them, they forgot about the tarring and feathering! ;)

Sandra

6. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Now it's time for a European to be ignorant ;) , because I have to admit I don't know exactly why you celebrate the 4th of July. I guess it has to do with constitution, but where and when, I don't know. I'm saying this, because I believe I was a British pilgrim (or puritan or something) that came to New England in the 17th century and probably tried to convert native people there. I don't know if this time period has anything to do with your independence day, but I thought I'd share anyway.

It's one of those lives I'm not so proud of, even though I don't remember much yet.

Karoliina

7. Chelle

Chelle Probationary

The 4th of July is Independence Day. From the dictionary "the anniversary of the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776". :) That was the day America declared herself a nation in her own right and no longer a colony of England. Of course the fighting continued on for some time after that, before England acknowledged the declaration.

The Hessians were germans fighting on the side of England and the French came to the aid of America. Tories or Loyalists were American colonists who sided with England. Of course Patriots and Sons of Liberty were those fighting for independence from England. It's a very colorful period in American history. :)

8. Anaxagoras

Anaxagoras Senior Registered

Nobutada:
    As I posted not long ago, I have a memory — a "snapshot" — of a sinking man-o-war some distance off Boston and going down stern first, the bow being at about 45 degrees and only yards away from me as I watch from the sea.

More bits and pieces surrounding this episode are making themselves evident. I've decided to go with the flow and ignore the doubt, to see where it leads.

The sinking could have occurred during the War of Independence, but I have the impression it predates that. I think I lived in Boston after the ship sank, and was happy. But as a Loyalist, I had to leave everything, including my business and head for Canada. If that indeed happened, then I wasn't a deserter from the Royal Navy but likely paid off; as a deserter, Canada would be as dangerous as England. And I would have lived in Boston for quite a while if I was a successful businessman after a hand-to-mouth existence as a grunt on an 18th-century warship.

This may have been at least three lives ago, all of them since then in Canada, I think. This, in turn, suggests family or close-friend reincarnations. If this is as true for others, it could explain why many people relate past lives in the same countries and local areas they inhabit now or have a yearning for them, and another reason why roots can be so important.

9. starchild

starchild Senior Registered

I have always had a fascination with this part of history. I remember in my first autograph book from elementary school, one of the things you fill in is who is your hero? I wrote Paul Revere.

10. Nobutada

Nobutada Daimyo of Mito

I used to know the poem about him almost by heart. He's one of my favorites too, but I also like Ethan Allen and the Green Mountain Boys-- as well as the story about the taking of Fort Ticonderoga, where they apparently just walked right in without firing a shot!

-N.

11. WilsonFrontier

WilsonFrontier Whacky @$$ Liberal

Pretty sure I was there, and that my name was Samuel/Sam. Perhaps from the Carolina's, likely South. The details are all very vague to me on it, which is sort of why I'm here. I'm new to the whole past lives thing, believed in it for years, but just today decided to look into it. Found this place to do just that. :D

12. starchild

starchild Senior Registered

we had a book fair at work today, and I just bought a book about George Washington, that I wanted when I first saw it come out.
    It's called His Excellency George Washington, by Joseph J Ellis.

13. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

I have memories of being a young girl named Ella who lived in South Carolina during the American Revolution. My father was originally from France, but he and my mother had come from Ireland, where they had lived as a married couple.

I was their youngest child, and the only one of their children born in America. My father was very proud of that. He was a Patriot. :) I have vague memories of men in uniform coming and going from our home, requesting assistance from my mother, sister and aunt.

Does anyone else have memories of the American Revolution?

Aili

14. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Former Moderator

I have a little different perspective of the American Revolution. I was a French military officer, but I never went to America. I knew all about what was going on. I remember being asked what I thought about France's support for the Colonies. In spite of France's financial troubles, I was in favor of it. If we could defeat the English, and kick them out of the new world, having an exclusive economic relationship with a free America, the benefits would be almost immeasurable in the long run. Little did I know, France's know revolution was soon to follow.

15. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member

Yes it seems personally that I have had a Past Life during this Colonial and American Revolution time period with the starting of the American Republic. Now ever since I was small have I had such an extremely intense interest on this whole time period. I have had several small dreams as pertaining to this past life also. Now in this past life, I do not know if I lived thru or died during the revolution. I would love to have a past life regression on this past life to know more. Also I have seriously wondered if one place that I was in this past life was at the battle of Bunker Hill.

It seems as if I could have possibly lived in the Greater Boston area at the time with my occupation being with the old tall sailing ships which I have also had such a love for. And Boston was a major sea port at the time. Like I said earlier, have had several dreams as pertaining to this past life. In one I was on some dirt and muddy road, and at the time I was by myself with the battle going on some distance behind me. I was dressed like a common farmer of the time with my flintlock. I was going down the roadin this first dream. In a dream that I had just the other night, at first there was some traveling of going different places. Then later I was with some buddy at the time, checking and cleaning our guns, talking and joking around, and getting ready for the battle that was to come. Then it ended right before some big battle as we were marching off to the battle. This buddy who I was with is someone who I do know in this life. Also how much do I need to write my dreams down as soon as am waking up.

When it comes to this present life I have an extremely intense interest in anything pertaining to this greater time period. And by this greater time period as this colonial era, the American Revolution, the beginning of America with the Declaration of Independance and the Constitution, and everything connected with the Founding Fathers of this country. There was a time as a kid that I had to even have some tiny revolutionary toy soldiers. Go Figure! I saw these toy soldiers advertised at the back of some comic book (Archie comic book) as a kid and I just had - just had to have them. Today in this life, I am extremely freedom and liberty conscious politically in this present life! Also interestingly enough, in this present life I am into genealogy. And in my present life ancestry interestingly, I have at least 20 plus past direct ancestors who fought in the American Revolution mainly old Pennsylvania German farmers or some who were Scotch-Irish living on the frontier at the time.

16. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

I was around during that time (two past lives in a row, actually), but for the moment I don't have specific memories of the war or politics in general.

Funny, how I've thought about the latter life of the two lately after a while, and now this thread was bumped!

Karoliina

17. Jody

Jody Senior Registered

I was definitely around during that time, and I have memories of being a sea-captain in a three-cornered hat.

I wish I did have memories of the Revolution itself, but I don't. However, this gun was probably used in the revolution, and when I first saw it, I was suddenly hit with inexplicable emotions that I still haven't quite sorted out yet. The handwriting is very similar to my own cursive, as well.

18. TJellis

TJellis New Member

Revolutionary War

I was definitely in the Revolutionary War. I know who I was and found it to be an amazing journey finding out the truth in what I only suspected to begin with.

19. SeaAndSky

SeaAndSky Senior Registered

Hi TJellis,

I'd love to hear more on this.

Cordially,

S&S

20. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

I was there in some capacity, a rebel tried and true, but I don't know much more. I know October makes me nostalgic for those days.

21. Macaire

Macaire New Member

I definitely think I was around then! I'm not from America, but ever since I learnt about the Revolutionary War I was drawn to everything about it. 18th Century Boston just seems like home. I feel a weird sort of nostalgia when watching documentaries about the time and I get such a rush of adrenaline when talking about the revolution, and feel a slight sense of pride for the Continental army. (I even have a portrait of General Washington and Lafayette in my room.) :D

22. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

You are instantly, and without any need of further introduction, my friend! LOL

I've been told I was an American patriot from the day I was born. Lucky for me I was born here or things could get a bit awkward!

23. CelestialSpirit

CelestialSpirit New Member

I'm so glad I found this particular thread. Ever since I was a young girl I was fascinated by anything to do with the Revolutionary War Period. My mother apparently was also, as our entire home was decorated in "Early American" style furniture. Ethan Allen Bennington Pine furniture to be exact. Everything from bedroom, kitchen, dinning room, and living room furniture. Our wallpaper was that style period as well. In my 7th grade social studies class we were asked to write an essay about any event in history. Without hesitation I chose to write about the battle of Lexington and Concord...and received an A. I have always had an immense sense of pride, independence, and the belief in justice during this lifetime. A psychic once told me I was a freedom rider during the colonial times. She said I was shot in the shoulder whilst riding my horse through the woods. She said I was targeted because of my beliefs. As a child in this life, I grew up in New York City but would always ask my parents if I could have a horse. We had a small backyard, so I somehow didn't see why we couldn't have one. This was in the 1970's by the way. They thought I was crazy, having never been on a horse before. Funny, as an adult, I had a "Colonial Homes" magazine subscription for years. I would be in heaven looking at all the authentic colonial homes and the big fireplaces. Also, my hero has always been Ben Franklin and my favorite U.S. president was always John Adams. Lastly, as a child and a young adult I had a large birthmark on my left inner thigh that strongly resembled the current map of the USA. It has since faded with time. Oddly, my daughter was born with the same birthmark on the same leg in the same exact spot.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  24. Macaire

Macaire New Member

Yay! I'm really glad to meet you! :D

25. Ender27

Ender27 Senior Registered

Well, in the late 1700's, I was fighting in a revolution, but not in US. I was French.

But if you counted civil war as revolution or fight for independence...

26. Alexander_H

Alexander_H Statesman

I have been having recurrent dreams about someone from the revolutionary war - of childhood memories and places I could later check out (thank you, google maps), of my death (during a duel) and flashes of the war: i even have an old story i wrote when i was 8 about that dream, before I even heard about American history (I'm Dutch). So uh, hi! I was there. (As an American.)

27. Azothea

Azothea New Member

Hi Kmatjhwy,

If your initials were J.W. then I think I knew you in that lifetime. I had often thought I had memories of the American Revolution time period. Then a man I knew (we were friends I guess you'd say, in the same spiritual school/order, now we are not friends anymore at all, yet I still feel close to him spiritually) claimed to also have a life in that time period. I didn't know who he claimed to be, but others in the group did. One day I had a vision of him from that time period and saw he was a rather famous figure, which shocked me. I asked a mutual friend in the group who he claimed to be and she told me it was the figure I saw.

I still didn't know who I was, but when I told my (now) husband about my memory, he named another figure he thought I was, based on who he thought he was and my memory. Since then I see it really fits our relationship, but also I have had some memories, including a few rooms I had been in that would only make sense if I were that person. I saw your other post in "Are you able to create a list of your PLs?" and we knew a lot of the same people. I've known some of them this life too, like Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams). Some have been friends and some of been "enemies." It's actually funny how the same relationship dynamics have played out, and how similar people are hundreds of years later.

28. Alexander_H

Alexander_H Statesman

Oh, wow, you knew them? I did, too. Can we maybe chat?

29. kmatjhwy

kmatjhwy Senior Member

Alexander and Azothea, Hi There! Now pardon me but it has been awhile before since having posted today. For the last 5 months or so, since Mid June, have been traveling all over the American West. Alexander, as for if we can chat ... Sure, this would be Great!! But as for the above and maybe my initials were J.W., this is what I think as of now. I saw your other thread and posted there today also.

And Azothea, so we knew each other in that lifetime, interesting. if you want to chat also, this would be Great!

Yes in deeply meditating on this life, things have come to me which suggests this life as J.W. But as for a certainty was alive and took a part in this American Revolutionary Time Period. In that life do deeply deeply deeply sense and feel was in that Greater Boston Area. But in this life have never been to Boston or the area. I was at with very possibly dying at the Battle of Bunker Hill. This comes from deep within me it seems. Also was a really close friend of the Adams family and Paul Revere. This as for Paul Revere being a close friend of myself during that life is interesting. In my youth at one point, came across a long poem on Paul Revere. At that time, I just had to - just had to learn that poem. I memorized that poem and for many years later could recite it. But I was Not Paul Revere. There is a good book on this J.W. character. Now with lots of things that have come to me on this past life in my meditations and recollections, made a long list of things, it certainly fits. As for myself and this life, would absolutely Love to visit Boston but how much has it changed.

Wishing Everyone the Best!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  30. Barblynn

Barblynn Active Member

During my PL regression, the therapist had to guide me back to focusing on the 3 PL's that had initially surfaced. I could have babbled on about many more lives, if we had more than 3 hours. The memory that I was starting to explore was Colonial Philadelphia. I was a very effeminate male with long white blond hair. I had fallen off of a horse and was laughed at. The name 'Oddfellow' came up, but I don't think it was the Society of Oddfellows. I felt ridiculed and lonely. I did live in Phila. unhappily 10 yrs. ago. Guess I finally had enough in both lives.