Sisters – A Shared Life in Italy

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Ailish, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Ailish

Ailish Administrator Emerita

Hi Everyone,

Deborah and I promised to share a little bit about our recent past life discoveries. We’re still working hard and documenting a lot of our shared experiences – which we’ve realized will be quite an extensive, on-going thing! ;)

As we mentioned in the California Adventure Thread -- the most recent life we shared together – was in Northern Italy. You may have read Deborah’s threads about Italy – and the trip she took there this past summer.

The odd thing – is neither of us made the connection regarding this life – although we’d both read each other’s memories on the forum, it wasn’t until that last day together -- when we actually sat down to do some past life work – and have a discussion that we started to realize…

Deborah asked me about my Italy life – and the excitement in her voice when she said “I had a sister in Italy!” made me look at her twice before I could speak. The conversation was flying back and forth as we were quizzing, comparing and questioning. The description of the bedroom we shared – down to which way the windows opened – the house, the vineyard – the barn, Mamma’s garden on the side of the house, stone wall, and the big olive tree in the front yard – everything matched.

Since I’ve returned home from our visit – we’ve been exchanging e-mails with our journal entries – sharing our memories, documenting and researching.

We’ve found so many validations – from words spoken in Italian – to Christmas, Valeria’s 17th birthday celebration and various other traditions. It’s been – absolutely fascinating.

The first thing that caught our attention was – a name. I called my sister Lera. Deborah’s name was Valeria. My sister was 5 years older – hers was five years younger. We both knew Valeria was the oldest. We both had a brother and lived on a vineyard. She remembers a photo of an Uncle on our mantle – who went to war. I had described a young, fun-loving Uncle – Papa’s brother – who used to make faces at me so I’d laugh in church.

We’ll share a few snippets here…

Deborah has memories of hiding a wounded German soldier in the family barn – underneath the floorboards.

I have memories of my sister sneaking out our bedroom to meet a boy after everyone had gone to bed. The following entries are from my journal:

I am 11 years old. I am in bed, staring at the light on the wall. I hear my sister, Lera stir and look over at her. She is sitting, fully dressed on the edge of her bed putting on her shoes. I know where she is going. To meet that boy again. I sit up and tell her not to go. Papa will be so angry if he catches her. She sits on my bed, touches my cheek and tells me not to worry about her – she tells me she loves him and will marry him when she is eighteen. I am torn. I adore my sister and want her to be happy…but it is not right to go against Papa. She tells me that one day I will understand and she kisses my forehead. I watch as she moves to the window and climbs out. I know the soldier has put a ladder from the barn there. He always does. I wait a moment and go to the window – I watch as he kisses her, takes her hand and they run across the yard. I feel like I am losing my sister and I feel dislike for this boy/man of hers.

Valeria lost her entire family in an air raid in WWI. I didn’t know how I died exactly – but this was my description from my journal:

There is noise and confusion. Loud claps of noise like thunder. Flying objects. Something hits me, knocks me down. I hear Papa calling my name. There is smoke. I cannot see him. I am coughing. I see flames. I feel hot – burning – my dress is on fire. Where is Mamma? Papa is calling her name “Maria!” He’s calling for Luca and for me again “Nicoletta!” I hit at the flames, but they spread, my hands are burned…the skin is bubbled. I can’t move under the rocks. My legs are trapped. It’s hot. My head is on fire – my hair. I smell it. Smell the flesh. I’m scared, so scared.

In this life -- I have a terrible feeling of dread when I hear planes flying overhead. My stomach clenches and I hold my breath until they pass – it’s something I’ve done since I was a little girl. I remember being certain someone would drop a bomb on me. I didn’t grow out of that fear until I was over ten years old – but I still hate planes.

I also never liked the sound of thunder. To me, it sounded like bombs dropping – flashes of lightning on a dusky skyline looked like explosions in the distance. I can appreciate the beauty of a storm now – but occasionally we get some major storms where I live – and the sheet lightning reminds me again – of bombs.

For some reason – I never connected either of those things -- to Nicoletta’s life.

2. Ailish

My sister was the only family member to survive the attack -- she didn’t come to town with us that day. Deborah has memories – of hearing the sirens – and witnessing the raid from a “vista point” on our family’s property.

The following is from my journal, and it is the last memory of my sister:

My sister stands glaring defiantly at Papa, refusing to dress, refusing to come with us. Mamma keeps telling him to leave her be, and pretty soon all three of them are arguing.

Luca leaves the house. Lera runs upstairs and I hear a door slam. Papa is mad again. Mamma’s looking worn out. I go up the stairs and open our bedroom door. I am mad at her – but I am sadder when I see her crying again.

Lera is sitting on her bed by the window. The window is wide open despite the chill in the air. I walk over and close it, then sit on the bed.

I ask her to come. It’s important to Papa. She doesn’t speak, just shakes her head and turns away from me. I try all of my tricks to get her to come, but she just becomes angry and upset and pushes me away from her. I move closer to her and she pushes me away really hard saying “non me par larra” (?) and something about “Pachuh”(?) and “romperruh” (?)

I feel tears in my eyes. I yell at her that she is selfish and run down the stairs, my feet pounding hard on each step. I hear her call “Nicoletta,” but I don’t care.

I stop at the kitchen table and put ********* there. Let her find it. I don’t care. I wipe at my tears.

I walk out the door and over to Luca, Mamma and Papa. I take Papa’s hand as we walk. I feel sorry for him. He keeps looking back at the house as we leave. I don’t look back.

I didn’t say what it was that I left on the table – or the significance of it. Deborah and I are very cautious in our approach -– not to give away something to each other that could prove to be another great validation.

Aili :)

3. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

What a wonderful pair of posts Aili. No wonder the two of you are so close. I feel that same kind of closeness with my best friend, but we don't have any PL memories to build from. I also feel those sort of connections with several members here, but would never mention them without memories at the least. BTW, I really like your avatar picture of the little girl you once were.

John

4. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Hi Aili,

What fascinates me is the perspectives we have of each other and the time period THEN. You - remembering an older sister and things that meant so much to you. I remember a little sister and things that meant so much to me. From my journals -

I entered into the light......... I am in Italy, I went straight to my bedroom. I am about nine years old. My father had carried my little sister up the stairs and put her in her bed. My little sister has bangs, freckles and turned up nose.

He tucked her into her bed ever so carefully, and gently kissed her cheek goodnight. As he bent over her I noticed he had no beard or mustache and his hair was beginning to gray. I watched as he turned and walked toward me, then quietly whispered something into my ear, in Italian, that felt laced with words of love.

Suddenly time jumps forward to a few years later. I find myself arguing fiercely with my father. I have an Italian temper. He stood in the arched doorway inside of our house. The top half of the door was open, the bottom half shut. I am outside and very frustrated with him, and him with me.

He was in his mid forties and quite the head of the house hold. It seemed to me that there was a large generation gap between us and a lot of cultural issues that I didn't agree with. I felt the presence of a younger brother and sister looking on, but I was the oldest in my teenage years.

The object on the table Aili; A silver necklace and locket, with intricate engraving? The image -- two -- of something???

My family died in an Air Raid - in 1917 in town. I stayed home and witnessed it from a Vista Point. Beyond the past life experiences Aili - I am enjoying the process of validation. What a journey is has become.

Namaste!

5. Ailish

Yes, yes, yes!!!!! That's it -- exactly! I am stunned -- by the fact that you can describe it with such clarity! Not only did you remember it was a locket -- but the fact that it was silver -- on a chain -- had fine detailing and there were two images on it -- wowza!

The engraving was sooooo small, delicate and extremely detailed it was very difficult to make out exactly what it was -- but you are absolutely right -- there were two small flowers on it -- the stems intricately entwined amid tiny little leaves.

It was beautiful -- and so precious to me -- a gift I had just received on my 12th birthday. :D

6. Deborah

:D :D :D My kind of validation. The necklace was never something I recorded in my journals. But when you asked - I could see it.

7. MoonDansyr

MoonDansyr Senior Registered

I am in absolute awe. This is such a private thing that you all are sharing with all of us. All I can do is thank you for allowing us to look-on.

8. Chansa

Chansa Senior Registered

:) I have to agree with MoonDansyr in every respect.

I don't know if I'm just sensitive lately, but reading about your shared memory just makes my heart well up and overflow. Thank you both for sharing this with us - your enthusiasm at Deborah's validation tickled me, Ailish. :D I'm so glad you two found each other again.

9. Jagdflieger

Jagdflieger Johann Müller

Okay, here I am to beat to death what Chansa and Dansyr said.

I'm quite happy for the two of you that you found one another again. Reading about all of this gives me the reassurance that no separation is permanent, even if there is a temporary forgetfulness in identity. I was going to say something profound, but the words currently escape. So, I'll leave it at that.

10. Ailish

Thank you for your kind & thoughtful replies everyone :)

It has been -- and continues to be a wonderful journey of remembering. It never fails to amaze me -- when someone else sees things as you do. Especially -- the little things, like the locket. That was an amazing validation!

Reynardine, I don't know Italian, except for what I've heard sung in operas, and the odd word like "luna" for moon. That translation would completely make sense -- given the situation, thank you so much!!!! :D

It's difficult -- to hear things in another language during a meditation because I have no idea how to spell them -- and it ends up being written phoenetically -- which is hard to try and translate.

If anyone has any ideas on the possible translations of the other words -- I'd really appreciate it!

Aili

11. Deborah

Aili - have you stated that the name Lera - is a recorded nickname for Valeria?

I also wanted to mention that my memories of the German Pilot and hiding him in our barn was something I experienced in 1992. Fourteen years ago. The experience is also extended by way of my mother - who could see my past life - like a movie. In full color and in motion. Her validations for me 14 years ago - which are now aligning with Aili's memories have given me pause. Past Life experiences become more real for lack of a better word -- when another person is there - with you. And it isn't that unheard of. Brian Wiess mentions it in one of his books.

They say - there are only six degrees of separation between individuals. This of course applies to the here and now. I cannot help but wonder - the past life implications.

12. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

Thank you, Aili and Deborah, for sharing! Very interesting memories and validations. :thumbsup:

I'll try to look for the possible translations, but to start from somewhere "pachuh" could be written "pacciu" in Italian. And "pace" (pronounced something like "pacheh") means "peace" - so she could've said something like leave her in peace/leave her be.

"Rompere" is "to break".

Karoliina

PS. Members seem to like shared memories threads, so maybe one day we could try and start a "Boston thread", Aili? But, one day... :laugh:

13. Karoliina

Karoliina Moderator Emerita

"Erompere" is "an outburst".

Karoliina

14. Ailish

No -- I forgot that! :eek: Deborah & I googled like crazy as she was running around getting ready to teach that morning -- and came up with a site that listed Lera as a nickname. We were both grinning like Cheshire cats at that one. :D

We've done a lot of research on Italian naming patterns from that era -- and conclusive evidence states that generally "the firstborn daughter is named for the paternal grandmother." It seems to be extremely common among Italian families -- to have many members running around with the same name -- hence the usage of nicknames to differentiate between family members.

There are traditional nicknames -- such as Beppe for Giuseppe, Lina for Angelina etc. and many other ways to acquire a nickname -- but I won't bore all of you with the details! :laugh:

Thank you, Karoliina for those suggestions and for taking the time to look up the words! It is very much appreciated! ((((Karoliina))))

No wonder I was mad at my sister if she was telling me to not speak to her and leave her in peace! :tongue: : angel

And a Boston thread would be fun to post -- once we get all our "ducks in a row!" :)

Aili

15. vicky

vicky Senior Member

Have you two thought of going to Italy together?

Vicky

16. Ailish

Hi Vicky,

We were just talking about this the other day...

A couple of nights after Deborah got back from Italy, I called her to hear all about her trip. She said to me -- that she would love to go back and – “we should go together sometime.”

That was before we knew about this connection – before we even met!

I think it would be an absolutely amazing experience to be able to go there together – I’ll bet we’d get some pretty interesting validations -- and have a lot of fun along the way. :)

Aili

17. Ailish

I am curious -- if anyone knows the significance of the number seventeen in Italy?

All I could find -- was that it is considered an unlucky number --much as thirteen is in America -- because of how it is written (in Roman numeral form).

Has anyone heard of any traditions or superstitions surrounding this number?

Aili :)

18. Deborah

Something of interest. I have experienced (remembered) my whole family dieing in WWI from an air raid. I was seventeen years old. I never married and never had children in that life.

In this lifetime I had my first child at age seventeen. I married my first boyfriend and left my family - yes, I was seventeen. ;)

So for me personally Aili - I think I am re-running a pattern that I am holding within. I am clueless about traditions regarding 17 - but I am aware of the significance to me personally and the common thread I see between life times. :)

19. Wulfie

Wulfie Dreamer

Hi,
    I found a few interesting things about the number seventeen.

Wulfie

According to David Grossman, who writes the business traveller column in USA Today: "Seventeen is considered unlucky in Italy because rearranging the letters in the Roman numerals for 17 could spell "VIXI" which means "I lived" in Italian."

From Life in Italy.com: "The number 17 is considered unlucky for at least two reasons, both having to do with how it is written. When 17 is written using Roman numerals XVII, it can be rearranged to spell the Roman word VIXI meaning "I have lived" and was found on ancient tombstones. When written using Arabic numerals 17 are still considered unlucky since it resembles a man hanging from a gallows."

A further explanation from, http://www.answers.com/topic/triskaidekaphobia

"In Italian culture, the number 17 is considered unlucky. When viewed as the Roman numeral, XVII, it can be re-arranged as VIXI, which in Latin means "I have lived", the perfect tense, implying "My life is over." (c.f. "Vixerunt", Cicero's famous announcement of an execution.) In Italy, it is not uncommon to notice that buildings do not have 17th floor, hotels do not have a room 17. The Italian airline carrier Alitalia does not have a row 17 on its aircraft, and neither does German carrier Germanwings, which flies to many Italian destinations. Renault sold its "R17" model in Italy as "R177."

Numerology factoids 17= 10+ 7:
    7: The inner life, inner wisdom, a mystical number symbolizing wisdom, seven chakras, seven heavens of the Hawiaiian kahunas, symbol of birth and rebirth, religious strength, sacre vows, tendancies toward spiritual ritual, the paths of solitude.

10: Wholeness, perfection

20. Tinkerman

Tinkerman Administrator Staff Member Super Moderator

Wow Wolfie, very interesting!

Tman

21. Ailish

Thank you for looking, Wulfie! That's very interesting information! :D

Deborah, I can definitely see the pattern of re-running you are talking about. ;) I've done a bit of that myself : angel It's so amazing to be able to make a connection between lifetimes. The deeper understanding of self that accompanies the awareness of "why" -- certainly brings some healing and with that -- the release of old patterns.

22. Luca

Luca New Member

Hi,

maybe she said "lasciami in pace" that is "leave me in peace" and "non rompere" that is "don't bother".

23. Ailish

Awesome Luca, thank you! :D

Do you happen to know what either of these could mean?

Tivlio tanto bene

nelvino laverita

I'm spelling phoenetically from what I heard -- sorry! Hard to translate! : angel

Thanks again!

Ailish

24. jackh

jackh Senior Registered

A few questions and hopefully you can or will share the answers if you know them, but you certainly don't have too. All for Deborah.:)

Your family died before you did, is it possible that the attitude that kept you home a signal you set up before birth so you wouldn't die at that time.

Was your death later suppose to happen?

Is the "boyfriend" in your life now or was he?

Yea I know these are pretty personal and I ask them because I would ask them of myself if this were my experience.

Jack

25. Deborah

Interesting questions Jack. I will get back to you late tonight - when I get home and classes are over. ;)

26. Luca

Luca New Member

I love you so much
    In wine the truth

27. Ailish

Thanks so much, Luca! And thank you for giving me the proper spelling : angel This helps me enormously! :D

Ailish

28. curious_girl

curious_girl Curious Member

Cool, at least you know you didn't talk gibberish in the past :D

29. Deborah

My ex-husband was the German pilot that I hid in the barn. He loves to fly and is a pilot now. Funny thiing - if a balloon pops - he hits the ground like a bomb just exploded. We're talking 4th of July parties when he should see it coming and not be afraid.

He was killed in a motorcycle side car by an American air raid right before my family was killed. So 1917 sometime.

Will get back to the other questions this weekend.

30. Charles Stuart

Charles Stuart Probationary

Hi Ailish,

"non me par larra"

I believe means "Don't talk to me"... Do you recall an argument when these words came up?