• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

So where are you from?

So where are you from?

• North America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South America

• Europe

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Africa

• Asia

• Australia

• Total voters
What a wonderful thread! I would like to take this chance to say hello and personally thank everyone for making this forum so helpful.

I was born in Kalamazoo Michigan,but knew by the age of 15 that my soul belonged in Europe. I have been living in Germany for the last 30 years and it has been a wonderful middle point for researching my past lives!

Welcome Aelfgyva, glad that you've been enjoying the forum and finding it helpful.

I think many of us can relate to those feelings you had about your soul belonging in a different place, and I certainly believe they are past life related. Was it those feelings that prompted you to relocate to Germany?

It would be great if you could start a new thread and tell us about your past life research, but only if you feel comfortable doing so, in the meantime, I hope you continue to enjoy the discussions.

Chris :)

Hi and welcome! :) My parents lived in Kalamazoo before I was born, but I've never been there.

I too would like to hear about your past life experiences, if you'd like to share. I also know what it's like to feel like you belong in another country. I've always wanted to "go back" to England.

Thank-you both! Yes, Kalamazoo in Michigan is beautiful and sometimes I miss it. "Going back to England"?? I have been able to explore England and with amazing results! The small picture you see under my name is a part of the 70 meter long Bayeux Tapestry. This is located today in Bayeux, a very beautiful city in France. It shows the battle of Hastings in 1066 when William from Normandy fought against King Harold and won. A very long historical story!

The tapestry itsself was made in England, some say Windsor,some say Canterbury...I "know" that it was made in Canterbury and was able to visit St. Augustine's Abby or what is left of it. I have very vivid memories of working on this tapestry and found the piece that I have posted here as my picture. When I was a child I drew this animal in every form you could think of...my mother would become almost angry and ask me if I could draw something else once in a while. I continued to draw this animal into my teenage years and I love to look at it even today!

This is just one of my past lives. I am very lucky that my memories come to me without problems and they help me to understand my world today, but most of all myself!

I was raised in inner-city Detroit, but escaped to places like East Lansing, Ypsilanti and Ann Arbor, Michigan. Then kicked around California, Hawaii, Arizona, Washington State, Maryland and Duc Pho, Vietnam. Eventually I came "home" to South-Western Connecticut, where my family lives in the 18th Century. However, we do make frequent visits to the Twenty-First Century out of necessity.

Ye olde southern part of England. 20 miles from Stonehenge. Not that anyone knows what a henge is :laugh:

Just joined today and looking forward to reading around the forum. Not sure how I came upon this site. It reminded me of a time when I was about four years old. We lived, ten of us, parents and eight children then, in the top floor of an old Victorian house. Could not afford a television so had no exposure to that really. I remember one night it seemed there was a lightning storm, which is rare here. I was not sleeping. I remember going to a window - was during the night, early hours of the morning, and looking out, up at the night sky lit up with flashes of light and 'see'ing old 'war planes' flying about shooting at each other. Stayed with me for ages that 'memory,' and to this day I am still not sure what it was. This was the 60s. Over the years I have had dreams of wartime and having been shot - assassinated, perhaps a firing squad. I have a little mark, like a welt, that rises especially after a hot bath, just over the heart. It looks exactly what you'd imagine a bullet hole would look like. I am in my forties now. When I was younger I thought seriously about joining the Airforce. Not sure if there are any connections in any of this or how 'real' it all was. Makes you wonder though. Being raised Christian, I could never get my head around the fact that we were supposed to have our 'eternal destiny' determined by a few years in this world, even those few were/are one hundred years.

Oh, forgot to say, I am in Ireland :)

Kev

Anyway - nice to be here. Sorry if this is not the place to open a conversation. Just my first post.

Hi Kev, welcome to the forum, thanks for the introduction :)

It certainly sounds like the lightning storm and thunder may have triggered a memory from your past, has anything like that ever happened since? And your desire to join the airforce could also have been following a pattern through consecutive lives. I wanted to join the navy when I left school, always interested in sea battles, especially the old wooden warships, then a few years ago, I discovered I'd been a sailor in the late 18th century which I believe had an influence on my present day interests.

Obviously you're interested to find out more about your past lives, otherwise you wouldn't be here, there's plenty of information here to help you with that, and you're always welcome to ask any questions :)

Chris

Thanks for welcome Chris.

Nothing since. But I do remember that episode still after all these forty years. I remember being out of bed and standing at the window looking at the sky, so don't think it could have been a dream. Only other thing was the dreams from time to time - wartime situation and getting shot.

You know that expression that is very often used of very young children when they come out with something that seems beyond their years, "Oh you were here before..... " I wonder if people really thought that to be the truth how they'd react. It's said here all the time.

Thanks again. Will have a read around now.

K

North East Florida near St. Augustine...enjoying daily thunderstorms and 90 degrees with 85% humidity for the next three months! Standard summertime fare.

I live 10 minutes outside of Austin Texas. Moto here is "keep austin wierd" and it is. We were in a drought for yrs on end. And now it has been raining daily for about a week. I will miss it after tomorrow. (I already feel the pains of longing for more rain) And funny but I do have a few Texas and USA items in a small hallway wall leading to laundry room hehehe :D

Born and raised in the valley, 40 miles north of South Padre Island and moved to Houston in 1981 then to Austin in 2001 almost to the date. I love springtime and drinking coffee on the porch on rainy mornings.

And I also love watching cartoons with my son. Even though he has grown up some, we still enjoy cartoons Saturday mornings.

raptor...I was born at the Navy Base in Corpus Christi...my first understanding of beaches came at Padre Island...while we may not know each other now, I am sure we know each other elsewhere...we will wear it on our sleeves and we will greet each other as cousins or relatives or whatever...but it will be good. What else could it be?

Hi usetawuz

How long did you live in Corpus? Do you miss Texas or were you to young when you left?

Ah yes!! There nothing like Padre Island.

I have been to Florida a few times. There are so many beautiful beaches and towns. And I love the daily rain. I just have a phobia with frogs and spiders and Florida has more than I can handle. I am terrified of them :( (

Not saying we don’t have them here. But those crawling frogs ARGH!!!!! And colorful spiders ARGH!!!

My brother raised his family in Corpus Christi after he returned from the Korean War. He, along with my nieces and nephews, live in central Texas, now, with their families. Hey, y'all!

Hi Raptor...I was born there, went to Okinawa with my family (dad a navy pilot) came back to Corpus, left at age 6, then to Georgia for two months, then California, then Virginia and Maryland, then Florida expecting to move every two years and then not. I have come to the conclusion that Florida is home as I have been here since I was 9, although I seem to have a more Californian state of mind...meaning I am not as colloquial as others who have grown up around here in NE Fla. For me there are no firm anchors of tradition here, or anywhere specific. I have no problem leaving here for anywhere for a little while...although it is an easy place to return to.

Nightrain...two former roommates of mine in college (Florida) now live in central Texas...and they have no complaints.

When we are young. It seems like the world is very big and we are just a small speck in it. As we get older it seems that we realize that it truly is not so big after all.

My older brother married and moved to Florida right out of the Korean war. He was a pilot mechanic. We are expecting a visit from him in a few days.

Nightrain1 do you visit Texas often?

usetawuz I envie you, that you have been to so many places.

Back