Some thoughts on the Aura.

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by hydrolad, Jul 17, 2013.

1. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

Once again, I'm on Aura's again (my favorite subject of Parapsychology, followed closely by OOBE's) now I can vaguely remember, more than half a Century ago, of seeing what appeared to be colors around a person's head and body.

Now the strange thing was, that I was supposed to wear glasses to see with, but they were dorky, slid down my nose and otherwise, made themselves a general nuisance, so I usually DID NOT wear them, BUT I could see, what appeared to be an Aura, without having my glasses on.

It was almost like I was seeing the Aura in my mind, without benefit of my nearsighted eyes, but everything except the Aura was blurry, but by the time I entered puberty, I slowly lost the skill necessary to see an Aura consciously.

However I suspect that I (and others) continued to see Aura's, but on a sub-conscious basis, and like Ghosts and other Entities, instead of seeing them "Head-On" as I did as a child, since reaching puberty (years ago!!!), I have seen motions out of the corner of my eye.

Have you ever met a person that you either instantly liked, or you disliked them so much that your body reacted with disgust, or children and animals who are affected by that person they react so much, it is obvious to everyone, I maintain that it is the Aura they are seeing, complete with a full pallet of colors, ready for interpretation.

However, my main reason for writing this little tome, is to ask you the question that has been begging me for an answer (or at least an opinion) as to whether the Aura is at it's strongest and most defined and colorful at the birth of the child, who has just passed through the shimmering veil from being in Spirit to a prison of flesh and bones for a certain span of time, in order to work out a plethora of problems.

Or is it the strongest at the moment of death, just before piercing the veil and passing into Spirit after being imprisoned in a mortal body, perhaps a body that is wracked with pain and has failed them years ago.

So what do you think, I value your opinion and your input. :)

2. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

I think it is most visible when we nearing the end of our lives, but don't have an intelligent or scientific reason for thinking that's true. I'm not gifted at seeing auras, but as I've gotten older, my own is more visible to me. It's become transparent, with a defined edge, like someone outlined it with a red "sharpie". I have had the experience of knowing when some one is going to die from a cardiac event, because the whole aura looks gray and streaky, not just the complexion. Hopefully, some members will have better input than me, but this is a good topic.

3. dking777

dking777 Senior Registered

This reminded me of a funny story after my NDE in 1978. I had sight of many things and I was trying to deal with these sights with a 'rational and logical' mind. One of the first times I mentioned it to another friend - I was trying test his own undersanding of what I had sight of. I asked him,

"Can believe that? Do you see that? That guy over there is leaking out of himself - what before the world for everyone to see. Do you think he knows he is leaking like that ... or do you think someone should tell him about it so he can cover himself back up. I wouldn't want people seeing me leak out all over the place like that."

Of course my friend had no idea what I was talking about because he couldn't see the same thing I could. I found an image on the net - there sort of reassembles the memory I have of it. Here. My friend asked me what I saw leaking. He thought maybe the guy had 'wet himself.' I laughed at that and said,

"His ghost. His ghost is leaking out of him."

My friend got me to describe what I 'thought' I could see and he felt I was describing an 'aura.' That was the first time I had ever heard that word and when I asked around about that word - it partially fit the bill to what I had an understanding of it. When someone asked me if I could 'read auras' - that went over my head. It was not like a book, but you could get information from it that was very intimate, personal and private. The point I was trying to see if my friend could grasp was - it can't just leak out. For me to have sight of it - there has to be a purpose to being 'exposed' to that sort of intimate information. I didn't feel I could have sight of it without consent from his own 'spirit.' Whether or not this 'stranger' knew that intimate information was being passed on to my mind or not was another matter I had ran into - in the past. I wrote on another thread about having access to other people's 'past lives.' I couldn't get to that unless the 'spirit leaked' out in a way to give my mind access to it. Not only the lives of the past would be hidden in that coded light - details of this life would be hidden in it as well. Details, I didn't necessarily wanted to know about.

For me - the 'spirit' would consent to it on an 'unconscious' level without getting any sort of acknowledgment from the 'conscious mind.' There (for me) was always a spiritual foundation that was meant to pass on relevant information to those who 'exposed' that sort of sight to my mind. I had to get 'verbal consent' or approval from the 'conscious' mind of the individual before I could speak on the matter with them in person. That was always hard.

"I don't know how to tell you this - but - hmmmm. Something inside you is talking to me now. Loud and clear. That something is wanting me to pass on a message for the sake of your own mind. Don't mean nothing to me - but I am being told you - you will understand it. I am just a messenger. Please don't shoot the messenger if it is bad news for you."

As an adult, from 1978 to 1983 - I can not put a number to how many times this sort of thing happened to me. My impression is - that 'leakage' is always there - but - not being exposed to 'human sight.' It would 'seem' that it is strongest when a 'spiritual factor' was being worked up only because that is when my 'eyesight' was exposed to something usually kept hidden from view. But just because a person is 'blind' to a light - doesn't mean the light isn't burning bright.

I was very intimidated by this at first. I didn't like the idea that my 'private and intimate' spiritual details could be exposed to others at any given time - without me knowing about it. I was assured 'though spirit' that it was working on my behalf and in the best interest of my own soul for the human experience I was going though. I eventually came to look at it as 'two souls' sharing secrets with one another for the sake of truth.

My opinion based on the experiences I have sight of - is - that if you could stand outside 'time' and look at a life from 'birth to death' you would see the 'aura' is shinning with the same level of 'spiritual energy' from start to finish - regardless if 'human eyesight' can capture an image in a glimpse of the human mind for a few brief moments in time.

Sincerely,

DKing

4. dking777

As I tried to express, I don't know if what I had sight of was - in deed and in fact - an aura. I would describe it to others - and others would 'say' it was an aura. They would ask about colors - and I never saw colors in the way they described. It was always 'white' to me. I can recall someone asking me what I thought it was and I said, 'the inner essence and hidden light of the eternal soul - shinning out in an effort to guide us through the darkness of time." As far as 'reading' or interpreting what it was I 'sensed' from it - I described it like 'sonar.' A vibe would hit me and my own inner soul would 'translate' it into English for me. I can remember talking to one friend and he asked me, 'what are you, part dolphin?'

I was shown a few times there were colors associated with 'inner circles' creating energy flows - concerning the status of the mind's journey through time - but my sight was never really focused on the 'lower dimensions' of it. My 'bible' of sorts was a book titled "Finding of the Third Eye." I read a quote from it that stated,

This quotes is what 'turned me off' from studying or researching anything to do with the worldly understanding of an 'aura.' I had been told by my own 'spirit guide' at the time that it was 'God's hand' in play and no hand of any man could duplicate the sight I had been given by a physical means. I was explicitly told that no material instrument could manipulate 'spiritual light' to be recorded with physical devices. I did 'run' into others who could 'see' as I could, so I know it is possible for others to see such things. They would have their own 'rational' way of interpreting the 'vision' they had been 'gifted' with. (Music, poetry and art.) But I didn't want to chase down the 'word' only to find someone trying to sell me a pair of 'x-ray' sunglasses claiming it could do - what I felt only God could do.

At the age of 15, many people started asking me what kind of 'drugs' I did - to give me the visions and I would describe. I would feel hurt by the idea that people were 'selling' drugs in an effort to have 'visions' and experience something they thought was 'other worldly.' I was very 'anti-drug' when I was a teenager and felt it was leading young people in the wrong direction. The 'whole Neptune in Scorpio generation' (I feel) was influenced by a need for mystical insights. Talk about 'soul groups' - the astrological suggestions seems to point to a 'generation' riding the same 'wave of life' together - huh? There is a 'web site' suggesting that the 'whole reincarnation' craze was kicked into gear due to 'Neptune's move into Scorpio.' At least our 'generation' was letting it hang out and talking about 'aura's' unlike any other generation before us. Yeah, and I feel them psychedelic T's is a bold statement our generation has left behind that we were 'here' and on a mystical quest unlike any before us.

Sincerely,

DKing

5. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Hydrolad - auras have always fascinated me too! :) I do see them sometimes, only able to see colors indigo blue & orange it seems. Just a very thin, yet bright outline around some people - maybe 1-2 inches wide. Easier to see when outdoors. Used to see it around some trees & flowers when I was younger as well.

As for your questions...Personally I'm not sure when the aura would be the most bright & strong. It is an interesting thought though, and makes sense that it would wax & wane, not always staying the same. Fascinating subject all around, not totally understood yet I think!

6. hydrolad

To BriarRose (and others) ;

I believe that also, that either sub-consciously (or consciously) that artists (and others) see the Aura and portray it in different forms of Art.

For instance, IMHO, I believe that the "Halo" depicted in paintings is actually the person's Aura strongly coming off the crown of the head and since the color Gold (and White) are very high colors in Aura's, it does make sense that someone saw that and painted it.

And also, IMHO, I believe that the Aura weakens somewhat (and changes color) as the person gets closer into the veil (and closer to death.)

Just my 2 cents worth. ;)

7. BriarRose

I believe the same thing about depictions of halos, hydrolad. The gold and white ones must surround beings with a higher vibration. I have read that some people who are really gifted at seeing auras can diagnose medical conditions from looking at them. I was thinking about "phantom limb syndrome", and Kirlian photography. I wonder if the missing limb would show up in the photograph?

8. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Believe it or not the mainstream media is now beginning to talk about these things without ridicule. See what ABCNews did a few years ago here. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for more links.

9. hydrolad

To BriarRose (and others) ;)

I'm not sure, I think the limb might show up as a fainter and dimmer outline where the original limb was, maybe this is why we have cases of Phantom Limb sensations.

I have my doubts about those supposed "Aura" cameras at these Psychic Fairs, I believe it gives too much generic information not specific to you.

IMHO, I think it tells you what you want to see and nothing more, it's like Quasimodo going in and shortly afterwards leaving with a reading showing a young Robert Redford, for instance.

It might be a "feel good" refreshing feeling to feel this way, but in the cold light of Midnight, one is still Quasimodo, sad but true.

10. hydrolad

I failed to mention that I believe in true "Kirlian" photography, as practiced in a scientific lab setting by people with academic credentials.

11. hydrolad

It's a Curse

I don't wish to start a whole new thread, but I also wonder how much information is contained in an Aura for those gifted enough to correctly read them.

Another member/poster said that reading Aura's is now being used to look for illness or dis-ease, and I agree with that, but along with this use, I wonder now if the Aura contains more than this.

I have nothing to hide, but was thinking if a person's emotional or mental health might also affect the Aura, and I believe it could.

IMHO, I believe a person's physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and perhaps other states is contained in the Aura and can be read by others with the "gift".

Not bragging at all, but before I got sick, I was very young looking and was often mistaken for someone much younger, in fact when I first started with the Department, I had a partner on a Medical unit who didn't want to ride "with a teenager" (I was 24 at the time).

I've had to be on a constant guard where children were concerned and NOT encourage them to talk to strangers, but between my Aura (a women with the "gift" told me once, I had "child like" colors in my Aura) my youthful appearance and with me in my FD uniform standing next to a Medical unit, I was hard pressed NOT to attract them, and I didn't want them getting hurt by talking to someone else.

So I gently told them not to talk to strangers while I showed them the different vehicles in the station, with their parents in tow and the same thing happens with animals, one lady in my neighborhood had a "Yapper" who barked at every one and every thing, but when "Charlie" (the Dog) first saw me, he didn't bark at all, but instead drug the lady over to meet me.

Just the other day, I was paying my cheque in a Restaurant when a boy of about 4 or 5 came up to me and started talking to me and asked me my name, the Grandmother saw my shocked look and rescued me, but I haven't a clue as to why this happens every so often, I wear "old man clothes", walk with a cane, and wear a Fedora hat, so go figure.

So why am I a magnet, I suspect it's my Aura, but I can't switch it off or dim it down, in fact the harder I try to blend into the wallpaper, so to speak, the worse it gets, now if only I could find my dimmer control.

So does any of you have this curse???

12. argonne1918

Don't think of it as a "curse". Some of those things have happened to me over the years. Especially animals. Cats will come right up to me. In fact a stray Siamese cat "adopted" me last fall. I think young children and animals can sense these things. It could also have a past life connection. Maybe you were a teacher or something at one time and the kids were your students?

13. hydrolad

A Teacher, I never even thought of that, thanks.

Oh, as a P.S. it's almost a proven fact, from what I've read and experienced that Animals, young children (usually between the ages of newborn to about 7 years old) and gifted Adults can see Aura's.

However they may not be aware of what the colors mean, but I'm pretty sure, again from personal experiences, that certain colors feel better to you than other colors, it's almost as if the colors "sing" to you.

Perhaps some of you might understand this, the "symphony" of colors.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
  14. BriarRose

Hydrolad, the children probably can see your aura. I once went to a counseling center, and when staff members came out, I noticed that they had a "golden glow" around them of mental and emotional health. You could have identified the mental health professionals from the patients even without a "badge". Really, what I thought is, "I want to be serene, like that!", not the jumble of emotions, ideas, and desires that I usually am!

15. Marc Ross

Marc Ross Senior Registered

Kirlian Photography/Auras

Hello,

Here is a link on Kirlian Photography - photography and Auras:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirlian_photography

Kirlian Photography can be said to be that rare example of where mainstream sciences begin considering the more "esoteric" sciences.

The question here is how can Kirlian photography help people discover their past lives?

Thank-you

16. dking777

I don't believe that this type of photography is capturing the image of anything spiritual. It is purely physical energy that is not commonly visible to the naked eye. Just as we are surrounded by 'wavelengths' daily that we don't see.

When I was a child and first had my "NDE's" - I was constantly talking to the doctors about what happened outside my body. I constantly gave testimony of what I called the 'juice.' When the physical body stops functioning and vital signs stop - so does all the inner 'electrical impulses' that animate the physical body. It some causes - the sparks would still be present in the body for awhile after I had left it. The difference between before and after - was the flow. In order for my 'spirit' to return to the physical body - the 'juice had to start flowing' again. The ''juice" was a biological and purely physical energy flow.

Back in 1978, this sort of technique was mentioned many times by friends. I looked into it during a time when I could have 'two spirits' standing beside me. It gave me the idea that if the 'human mind' was not able to perceive them as I did, then maybe I could just snap a photo of them to pass around to friends. The 'spirit's' laughed at this suggestion and told me to open my mind to my past and remember the times in childhood when this subject came up and how I had chased it down for myself - and crashed into a 'dead-end' every time. If it was possible, I would have a couple of photo albums filled with photos of the many spirits I have encountered in my life. (Also, I would be running to Randi trying to collect that $1 million offer he has up and going.)

The 'record' of past lives wouldn't be something you find in the 'physical energy' field of the human body. It is something that is stored in the 'unseen' and 'invisible' spiritual energy field. That is what I was told and something I firmly believe in through my own trial and error.

Sincerely,

DKing

17. Huancaya

Huancaya New Member

Has anyone learned to see the aura?

18. hydrolad

My "feeble" attempt to explain

One is usually born with the "gift", but then one grows out of it around 7 to 10 years of age.

However, "some" gifted Adults retain the ability to accurately see the Aura, but the "gift" is often ruined, in the eyes of the public, by those persons who use the gift for monetary gain and/or pretend to see it and then build a false reading in order to convince the client.

I know in my own case, that as a young child, I can remember seeing "lights and colors" around a persons head and body (with or without my glasses on), but upon approaching puberty the ability to see Aura's subsided somewhat.

I say "subsided" because, IMHO, I believe the "gift" never left me, but switched from conscious sight to sub-conscious sight (my words), let me explain, as a child I could consciously see "lights and colors" HEAD ON (which I found out much later was what people called the Aura) but after the "clear sight" (my words again) subsided, I could only see (what I remembered of the Aura) OUT OF THE CORNER of my eyes (Capital letters to denote the difference in abilities.)

I further believe that, in those cases of meeting somebody and instantly liking or disliking them, that it is "clear sight" in action, that is, with the sub-conscious sight, an Adult can see head on, but cannot see head on consciously.

I hope my rambling's make some sense, sometimes I get to going at it and end up writing a book. ;)

Please post another question if you need something clarified, and these ramblings are my opinion only and not the opinion of this Forum (though some might share the same sentiments.)

19. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

Well, here goes I see mine at night

in dark room the color of my aura is medium blue color.

As far seeing others no thank's .

I see enough and feel enough things.

20. argonne1918

Do you see other people's aura's at night? There was a teenage girl in another paranormal forum who told us she likes playing "hide and seek" at night because see can see everyone's aura where they are hiding. Needless to say she always wins!

21. SkyeSpitfire

SkyeSpitfire Probationary

I hope no one resents me for bringing up an old thread but I've recently become very interested in auras, a topic I know nothing about. I can't see any colours around anyone myself, and I can't recall ever having done so, but I do get feelings about people, either strong dislike or strong liking whether online or off, and I can feel the feelings of others; children and animals are also drawn to me. Are the feelings I'm getting from other people their auras? And do different coloured auras represent different types of souls? What I mean is, is a blue aura something positive, or a brown one negative, or a yellow one strong, etc? Or am I completely wrong in that it doesn't work like that? If so, how does it work?

22. hydrolad

Halo + Aura + Chakra

IMHO, an interesting note, almost all old portraits of Saints show them with a Golden halo over the crown of their head, a halo is just an extension of the Aura and is related to the Crown chakra and Gold is a very high color, a color of a very highly evolved Soul, hence the Golden halo in the portraits.

23. BriarRose

I think you are a really strong empath, Skye. Experiencing other people's feelings might be connected to their auras. You might be sensing their vibration, and the vibration generates the color of the aura. I think aura color varies according to the feelings and health of the individual. I can't see much of mine, but it does have depth. I can pass the end of a pencil through it, like you could through a wisp of smoke. It drives my husband crazy when I "play" with my aura - he says it looks like I'm petting an invisible cat!

24. hydrolad

To "SkyeSpitfire"

To further answer your question, when one is younger (usually till the age of about 7) MOST children can see the Aura head-on and see clearly the colors.

Whereas after the age of 7 and nearly always after puberty, you lose this ability and only see the Aura sub-consciously and/or out of the corner of your eyes.

This is also true for seeing entity energy forms (also called Ghosts, Spirits, Souls, etc.) as in the age and the decline in seeing them holds true for them as well as seeing an Aura.

IMHO, either consciously or sub-consciously, you can tell a lot about a person from their Aura, whether they are a good or a bad person, hence your attracting children/animals, and I would venture to say you are, basically a good person.

Have you ever met a person who you instantly liked or instantly disliked, sometimes very strongly, you are somehow seeing their Aura.

Hope this helps. :)

25. SkyeSpitfire

Yes! I can recall meeting people and for some reason I would really dislike them. For example, when I worked in an office several years ago I remember walking into the room and just feeling this enormous - how can I describe this? - gust? of (and this may seem a bit dramatic but I can think of no other word for it) evil coming from the left corner of the room. I hadn't even looked in that direction, I just had a very bad feeling. As I turned to look that way, I saw a new guy sitting next to my friend, he being trained by her. He hadn't even noticed me, but I felt like a mouse that was in a room with a big cat! Anyway, I continued to watch this guy the whole day - he was extremely charming and funny and everyone liked him - except me. Afterwards, my colleagues and I went for a drink and I told them to be careful of that man, and that he wasn't to be trusted. They all laughed at me and told me he was sooo nice and a real joy to be around. Obviously, it was frustrating getting a response like that, especially as I didn't understand my feelings myself, but I kept stubbornly telling them that there was something nasty about this man and to be on their guard around him.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, as the weeks went on, people started to notice there was something a bit odd about this guy ... He once took some sadistic pleasure in something that happened in the office that had everyone else petrified, but I don't believe anyone noticed he enjoyed it but me. And he would take time off work and write the manager/supervisor messages about how he was taking a lot cold shower which was why he couldn't come in ... ? Basically, there were a whole host of things that were off about him and though none of us knew exactly what it was, it got to the point where we felt uneasy about him and eventually he left. I'm quite certain there was something very evil inside him and it was capable of doing terrible things.

A similar thing happened with another colleague of mine in the same place when I first started - first time I looked at her, I felt a huge wave of dislike. Afterwards, when she started chatting to me, I wondered how I could have felt that way - she was so friendly and open and everyone loved her for how sweet and kind she was. She was also very much into spirituality (a lot more than I was back then.) But as time went on and through some dishonest actions on her part, not to mention spiteful ones where she would partake in cruel behaviour about one of the larger girls in the office (behind her back of course) I realized it was all a facade and that I should have trusted my initial instinct.

Probably what amazes me about the whole thing is the lengths people will go to in order to hide their true selves.

But as for liking people automatically - it doesn't happen often, but I felt it with the woman who regressed me, I absolutely loved her and I got strange shivers running through me whenever she would speak. I've felt something for certain men too (online ... though this should be described as an attraction more than a liking) but the attractions themselves are not necessarily 'good' if you know what I mean. And this is before knowing what they look like or even knowing what they are like. I can also sense when a person doesn't like me and it makes me extremely uncomfortable being in their presence when they are putting on airs.

With regard to seeing these things, I saw a ghost when I was six. I also saw one when I was seventeen. It's happened rarely. These days I tend to see things during 'attacks' in the night, where I'm in some weird state between dreams and reality - they are always negative entities attacking me but I know they are there Otherwise, when I'm fully conscious, I can feel them but I can't see them.

This vibration - I've always referred to it as the 'scent' of a person, though never knew what it was - it was too obvious to pretend it wasn't there though. It tends to be stronger in some and weaker in others but it's there even if the person is very far away. Auras changing colour also interests me, so it does vary according to the mood the person is in? So no one's got a 'set' colour? And hahaha - petting your aura like a cat! :D

26. BriarRose

I have so little experience of this, that my thoughts could be way "off". First, as Hydrolad mentioned, I have to make an effort to see them, and my ability to do this is quite limited. My aura remains pink nearest my body, so perhaps the "core" aura is consistent, and says who we really are. I have seen flashes of deep blue and emerald green in the strata next to that, but only occasionally, and I couldn't correlate it to an emotion. But, I think it was possibly connected. People who are going to die soon have auras that look gray to me, and when I've seen them, it was connected to undetected heart disease. A guest at my wedding had that "look", and died unexpectedly within the week. Another guest committed suicide soon after, but I had no hint of that. As for cloaking an "evil" nature, I think they have to, or they couldn't prey on people. I think what's described as a "psychic vampire" exists. To paraphrase Tolkien, they "look fair and feel foul". Like you, I am never been fooled by nice/nasty people, but I hope I haven't misjudged anyone who was innocent that way.

27. hydrolad

Am I Dyslexic [bIG GRIN]???

I swear I must be dyslexic, I keep turning my real age around (which is 60) and getting 90, at least that's how I feel some days [bIG GRIN].

As I'm getting older, I'm seeing more movements out of the corner of my eyes rather than seeing Orbs, Aura's or apparitions head-on.

Here a while back, during an emotionally intense time of my life, I saw an Orb head-on, it occurred in my Bedroom where I was getting ready to go to sleep.

It was in a corner of the Bedroom up near the ceiling and I watched it for quite a while before drifting off to sleep, strangely enough, I felt very relaxed after watching the Orb and had NO trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep, and woke the next morning, having had the best sleep for awhile.

So IMHO, I believe personally, that the Orb is a part of the Aura and it is manifested through the Crown Chakra at the top of the head.

And that perhaps, the Soul is not able, at the moment to gather and use enough energy to allow the Soul to appear as a Full Body Apparition (FBD) so it only appears as an Orb for the moment.

Again, just my thoughts. ;)

28. BriarRose

I've never heard that theory before, but I find it interesting. Are you saying that orbs are a projection from us, Hydrolad? Could they sometimes be an incomplete attempt at astral projection, or a failed OBE? That seems possible in the case of those orbs that appear on sleeping, and waking.

29. hydrolad

Sorry, BriarRose, it's my dyslexic mind again, the Orb is actually from the Aura of disembodied Souls who can't raise enough energy to be an FBA, sorry for the confusion. :)

30. SkyeSpitfire

I have a quick question. For the past few nights now, I've noticed that I will get random flashes of electric blue - just squiggles or lines of it. It keeps coming into my mind just as I'm about to drift off to sleep.

Could this be my aura colour is what I would like to know?