The place between lives

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by KarenF, May 6, 2014.

1. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

Who here remembers being pure soul in the place between lives? What was it like? How did you remember... going to it after a previous death? Coming out of it through birth? NDE? Other ways?

I have heard it described umpteen ways. A busy way station, sort of a cosmic zero-g Grand Central, with souls going this way and that... inconceivably beautiful colours, delicious smells... a calm and serene place where you discuss with master souls what your next best choice would be... etc.

My feeling is that they are all correct and any differences are accounted for by the six-blind-men-examining-an-elephant phenomenon.

I had no memory of it until this past January when I didn't remember it directly, but remembered remembering it: I remembered being a very young child with my mind half there. I've also had other impressions of it.

To me it is the place where no one says hello or goodbye, because everyone knows we are always there and always together.

It has the most incredible feelings of safety and security, beyond anything possible in incarnate life. There's also a lightness and a kind of magic and a feeling of being exalted. I think this is because while we are pure spirit, we have no fear, since fear comes out of the drive to survive, which only comes with a body and so only happens during incarnate life.

The moment in January changed my life. I truly became aware that I was not a human being having a spiritual experience, but a spiritual being having a human experience, in the words of Teilhard de Chardin.

How was it for you?

2. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

I remember choosing my gender in a misty land but other than that no trace :/

3. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

@Twilight - Choosing gender

Now that's fascinating... I don't remember choosing my gender and I've never heard anyone's memory of it. What were the considerations? How did you decide, xx or xy?

4. Twilight

Twilight Senior Registered

Thanks ^_^

I was a Woman Warrior in my most recent past life so I was concerned about how many clothes the Woman were wearing these days. I was more concerned with keeping it simple and to get ready for the day in an efficient manner so I chose XY this time.

I had a long Militant pastlife record and according to one life lesson it's making me emotionless on the outside.

5. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

When I was little I still remembered. I was probably three or four or so.

I remembered being able to 'fly' anywhere I wanted at will. I remembered that I could wear whatever beautiful clothes I wanted and feeling terribly homesick. I remember thinking 'these aren't my real parents, when are my real parents going to come and collect me?'. Especially if I got into trouble for being 'naughty', I remember thinking very bitterly that I didn't like this place and wanted to go 'home' where I didn't have to put with this sort of thing.

It's all pretty hazy though.

6. Crescent1

Crescent1 Senior Member

Michael Newton has a number of fascinating books on this subject, Journey of Souls, Destiny of Souls, etc. I have no memories myself to either confirm or deny his findings, but his research was extremely interesting. I often wonder if anyone who recovered memories of "life between lives" remembered things similar to what he documented with his many patients.

7. KarenF

KarenF Senior Registered

@tanguerra

I had the feeling of not really being related to the people I was living with, too... but all was as it should be, I was with them because that was the nature of this life, and it was temporary... there was a lightness from the sense of "just passing through". I didn't have a sense of missing my "real" parents, though, because I felt connected to everyone and everything.

Souls clearly experience the place/time between in quite different ways, which is interesting.

8. ~ Taylor ~

~ Taylor ~ New Member

I am in the process of writing down all my past life experiences from scraps of notes I've written over the last fifty years. So I'll quote from my prebirth experience:

Before you entered this material dimension, you had a consultation. I remember (through a very real reincarnation type of vision) a part of mine.

There was a council where I could discuss my upcoming incarnation. One of the spirits was dressed as a nun and this was perhaps so that I would recognize her from a past life. She was a beautiful loving soul. I was asked what I wanted to accomplish in my upcoming life and my objectives were discussed.

When I came out of the vision, I couldn’t remember all that was discussed except that one of my objectives was to be totally honest with myself and others. That included admitting my mistakes when I was wrong. I was to avoid self- justification. I was to be totally honest in every regard.

I didn’t wish to go back unless I was granted the ability to remember some of my past history. This request was granted.

My sister was there and she didn’t want to go back either, but I told her I’d go first and be there to help her.

So it seems as though you have a lot of input on when and where you will be reborn and the circumstances of your life. You are guided to choose situations where your soul may advance.

9. tanguerra

tanguerra Moderator Emeritus

I remember having a bit of a 'tantrum' at one point when I was upset and crying that I wanted to go home!! Naturally my mother was a bit mystified as to what I was on about, since we were in fact at 'home'. But I remember crying very bitter tears and getting very frustrated because nobody understood what I meant, and kept contradicting me.

briski likes this.