TV Show About Children's Memories

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Shiftkitty, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Watching "The Ghost Inside My Child" on TV. Interesting show about children and their PL memories. Catch it if you can! It's a series, so look for it next week.

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Is this the rerun about James Leninger and the OKC girl? Or a new episode?

3. Shiftkitty

It said S01/E01 New, so it's Season 1, Episode 1, and it was about a kid who was a Soviet Soldier and a kid who was the screenwriter (I think) for Gone With the Wind.

4. argonne1918

I don't have cable but I have a friend (also a PL believer) who copies them for me. The other day she watched and it was the old one.

5. Shiftkitty

Leninger is a pretty significant case. If this is the same show, I wonder why it said it was the very first one and why Leninger wasn't on it?

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

Up till now the TV listings have been irregular and confusing. However, it is now certain that new episodes will appear in the States on the Bio channel at 10:00 each Monday. The second episode was last night.

7. argonne1918

I think that episode was a "pilot".

8. azgrl25

azgrl25 Senior Registered

These are new episodes. Last night's episode had a boy who was a ship designer for the Titanic and a girl who was remembering a life in Japan.

The Leninger case was the pilot episode, this one also had a girl who had memories of OKC and a boy who was trapped in the Twin Towers.

Very interesting show.

9. Grainne

Grainne New Member

Yes, this is a good show. I believe one of them was obsessed with Hollywood and turned out to be a scriptwriter for Gone With the Wind.

10. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

The scriptwriter episode was something that I found really interesting. For those who didn't see it, he was awarded a posthumous Oscar for "Gone With The Wind". The child was able to visit a museum, and hold his own Oscar. It brought "goosebumps".

11. Shiftkitty

I came in partway on the Soviet soldier one, and my cats decided I would not be allowed to watch the screenwriter one in its entirety, but we've set it up to record.

12. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

Do you think it will be available on youtube? I am awfully interested in stuff like that but I cannot watch the show in Germany...Who did the research? Was Dr. Tucker involved? Or was it the TV crew? I hate not being able to watch it:grr:

13. firebird

firebird Registered User

I don't live in the States either Iris. Here's hoping the series will eventually be aired here.

The screenwriter episode sounds amazing.

14. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

I have just been able to watch one episode (not the "Gone with the wind" one) on youtube. I wonder if the "Oclahoma City Bombing" case and the 9/11 one are from that board? I think I might remember them...What also strikes me is that letter reports of the James Leininger case do not mention the fact that he had visited that World War II museum before the nightmares started...Not that the case loses credibility that way but I wonder why this fact is only mentioned in the very early reports...

15. argonne1918

Here is the link to watch this "pilot" episode. You should save it by using one of the free programs like "Video Downloader". The episode may be taken off YouTube at anytime if the TV broadcaster doesn't want it there.

16. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

It is a really cool series, I have loved the ones I have seen so far. Well worth watching.

17. Carol

Carol Author

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/the-ghost-inside-my-child/episodes/573251

Try this link to see if the first two episodes of this show--not the pilot--are still available for viewing.

The Leiningers were featured in the pilot. These two episodes are four new cases. Notice that some of the children's memories first emerged as night terrors or nightmares, the statements they made about the past, the way the memories unfolded, and how some of the kids eventually resolved their memories.

Aside from the inappropriate title of the program, the spooky music, the sensational titles, the stories are good.

18. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I do agree, great stories.

19. argonne1918

I agree also. I think as more parents see these shows they will start listening to their children more. I liked the unbeliever daughter who is a psychologist who changed her mind.

20. Owl

Owl Super-alt Mitglied

I watched the Pilot and the first two episodes. I think it's a good show, although I think in the second one they jump into conclusions too easily. You cannot conclude that the boy is Thomas Andrews by only what he says about the Titanic, not saying anything about the rest of his life. He could have been somebody else involved in the building of the ship. And the little girl, it was the father who suggested she was related to the atomic bombings in Hiroshima, why not Nagasaki? Why not regular bombings and not the atomic bomb?. Overall good cases though.

Even though I think the title is wrong as well, reincarnation is a natural process that happens to everyone and there's nothing esoteric about it ... I kinda like the sensationalism and the spooky music =D

21. argonne1918

Yay, we're back.

22. firebird

firebird Registered User

I haven't been able to see any episodes other than the pilot episode, however a friend told me about that particular story. I agree with your thoughts.

While I shouldn't really make a full judgement call until I see the episode myself, from the accounts I've read, I very much doubt that boy was Thomas Andrews. If the film producers wish to present cases like this, some deep research is required before pulling a name out of a hat. I would think that someone born on the 15th April and 41 years out from the sinking, along with substantial memories etc., would have a much stronger claim to the life of Thommie Andrews than that boy.

23. argonne1918

If you get a chance look at the new episode with the "Orphan Trains". There are two cases on each episode now. They have toned down the special effects and the new episodes are much better than the pilot. The other case on the Orphan Train episode involves a 3-4 year old boy who said he died in a building fire. The other clues came out slowly over a period of months. He said he was a woman who jumped from a building on fire in Chicago. His mother asked if he had a car and he said no. But he got around using the bus and train. He said his/her name was Pam. His mother searched the internet and found a news story about a residential hotel fire in Chicago in 1993. There was only one fatality, a black woman named Pam. Then when the boy's mother was putting him to bed she asked him "What color was Pam's skin?" "Black". His mother had never thought to ask what race he had been before. The boy's father was present through all of this and he said he didn't believe in reincarnation. He needed scientific proof. The boy's mother did more research on the woman who died in the fire and found a picture of her. She printed out a page with a half dozen or so photos of different people. One of the pictures was of Pam. The parents and the boy were sitting at the kitchen table where the mother put the photo page on the table and asked the boy if any of the people looked familiar. The boy pointed to one picture and said "That's Pam." He was 100% correct. He also said he remembered when the photo was taken, "But it was from before". The father was visibly shaken. He said he didn't know what to think.

24. firebird

firebird Registered User

Thanks argonne1918. Should a kind soul take the time to upload those episodes then people like me, not living in America, will be able to view them.

25. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

Firebird, I have just found out that you can buy episodes and view them in i-tunes. They are 2.99$ each.

26. argonne1918

$1.99 for standard definition. I bought one episode. The problem with itunes is they are copy protected and you can only watch on the computer. For many people that's enough. I have friends who record off the TV then copy to DVD.

Also check on YouTube. Once in a while people will post episodes there. But they may be taken down.

27. BriarRose

Thank you for the itunes info. I was only getting "Bio" as a "free" preview from my satellite company. I like this program, but am still really uncomfortable with the real life names of these children being revealed on TV. I wonder if there will be long-term repercussions in the lives of kids whose parents went public? Yes, it's brave, and yes, it might get reincarnation accepted in the Western world, but I'm not sure a parent has a right to make that decision for a child. It's kind of like "coming out of the closet" was for gay people 25 years ago. Some people did that on national TV, and there were tragic consequences. They were all adults . Time will tell, and I hope all these young people continue to thrive.

28. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

If you watched Cade's story you will see that he was bullied after he told kids of his story. He was the child whose Mom posted here about dying on the Twin Towers. I am the Mom she mentioned who found out who he was. I pray that things are better for him with this new school year.

My eldest was bullied for the abilities she has. The only way to stop it was to move and change school districts, she went to the school then that I had graduated from. My youngest refuses to discuss any of it in public. I am sure that will change when she is older but for now that works well for her and I openly support it.

29. BriarRose

Good for you, Mama. Wise decisions, all. One of my daughters had an IQ of 160. Word of that was discussed in the teacher's lounge, and I would hear stories about no teacher wanting her in their class! Since she was a nice child, and didn't "act out", I presume they didn't want the "extra work" of finding ways to challenge her! If you can face that kind of discrimination from being smart, I imagine that if you are known as a "psychic kid", your life might be ****. My daughter was transferred to a "gifted" magnet school, and things improved to some extent, but she didn't grow into her intellect until college. By the way, she's the daughter who told me that she remembered being Beatrix Potter when she was two.

30. argonne1918

Some of the families "home school" or private school. James Leninger went to a private school, maybe Catholic parochial? He's in high school now so I don't know where he's going. But as more families decide to go public there may be less stigma.