Two fathers?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by Nobutada, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Nobutada

Nobutada Daimyo of Mito

I'm 19 years old, but I figured I could share a story of something that I used to see when I was very very young (something like 3 or so).

I remember, for a while back then, that when I looked at my father I would see not one but two people. It was utterly bewildering. One would be my real father, and one would be a man who looked somewhat the same, but who wore clothing that was very loose and "different" (in hindsight, probably Japanese, given my several past lives in Japan). Now, my guess is that the 2nd man I was seeing was the man who was my father in the life that resonates the most strongly for me-- the father of the mid-19th century samurai, whose name was most probably Nakajima Nobutada. However, I'd like to hear any guesses or any references to similar occurrences that may have happened to others, as I am still trying to make sense of this.

Thanks.

-N.

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

HI Nobutada,

I have experienced the same thing. ;)

The best way I can explain it -is to reference the holographic projections at Disneyland in the Haunted House. Imagine seeing a physical person and over their body is a holographic projection that fully describes another bodily form. Sometimes, this is how I see others during my mediations and it has happened several times in public places while I am going about my daily activities.

The best research I could find to collaborate my experience was the work of Physicists. Some physicists suggest that the universe is a hologram, or holomovement that contains both matter and consciousness as a single field. They suggest that all matter is inseparably woven, enfolded throughout the totality of the universe.

Physicist David Bohm went so far as to say that all life and intelligence are present in time and space, that they are woven within the entire universe. In other words, every portion of any object contains the whole, and every portion of the universe enfolds the whole. Bohm also indicates, “that we even construct space and time,” (#55) past, present and future.

I have to run to class - more later, but only if you're interested.

3. Nobutada

Nobutada Daimyo of Mito

Absolutely! I'd love to hear more about this-- what you said really does make sense!!

--Nobutada

4. Deborah

HI,

No time tonight to explain -but you might find the thread titled Scientific evidence suggests a Holographic Universe a very interesting read. ;) ENJOY!

5. Deborah

*S*S*S*S

HI Nobutada,

What did you think of the article? I know a few others here who have had similar experiences. Perhaps they will add their thoughts soon.

6. Nobutada

Nobutada Daimyo of Mito

Very interesting. I was only able to read a little bit, though, as I am unable to buy a subscription to the Digital edition of Scientific American at this point.

I'd be interested to hear what other people have to say about this, as well. All this time I thought I was the only one it happened to...:eek:

--N.

7. Nobutada

Nobutada Daimyo of Mito

Tosho Daigongen

The other night...2 days ago, I believe it was...the strangest thing happened. I was talking to a friend about something totally mundane, and suddenly I kept mentally "hearing" Tosho Daigongen. I just couldn't get it out of my head! I know what it is...it's the name of the deified Tokugawa Ieyasu, whose family and descendants I served at least in one past life if not two. But what I don't know is WHY it just popped into my head and wouldn't go away...

-N.

8. dark rosaleen

dark rosaleen Senior Registered

Could it mean that something about Ieyasu might help you in writing? Sometimes I have a seemingly unrelated thought that ends up fitting right into the plot of whatever I'm writing.

9. Nobutada

Nobutada Daimyo of Mito

Might be...I get this sudden urge to write the name out in Japanese characters and hang it up on my wall, to be honest...

-N.

10. dark rosaleen

Try it and see what happens.

11. Nobutada

Nobutada Daimyo of Mito

Well, I have it, but it's not up on my wall yet...will see, though. At the moment I'm just getting some strange emanation thingies, but that may just be the Italian liquor I drank...LOL

Seriously, though, I am getting a very strong, patient, cautious presence/emanation...

-N.

12. dark rosaleen

Must be some good liquor. It worked for Hemingway. :cool

13. Nobutada

Nobutada Daimyo of Mito

Going Home

Tonight I was watching my favorite Japanese anime-- "Sakura Wars"-- and when I saw the scene where the main character leaves her hometown of Sendai, I suddenly had a very, very, very sad flashback...I'd gotten the call to deploy to Tokyo, and my wife and I were in a train leaving Sendai (our
    hometown)-- probably around 1940 or so?, and there were a couple of children accompanied by a familiar-looking adult on the platform, waving...and I just broke down in tears as I saw it...

Those were my kids I left behind to go to war, I think...I feel so terrible. I know, I know, it's the past, and I can't change it, but I can't help but feel sad and ashamed.

It doesn't help either that the place I'm spending the summer is one of the places where nearly anyone I could try to talk to about this would think I was delusional...

I'm going to be spending the fall in Sendai. But right now, the fall can't
    come soon enough. I NEED to go home...

-N.

14. michaldembinski

michaldembinski Senior Registered

Warsaw, Poland; 52 degrees North, 21 degrees East
    Notabuda - many of us have the same deep yearning to return. For me it's 1940s/1950s USA. But is it good to fixate on past lives rather than to face the challenges of this life? Nice as it is to enjoy the certainty that we've lived before, we also need to grow as souls, to overcome the burdens our karma has presented us, focus our wills, acquire strength and spiritual energy.

The great thing about this group is that we can get together, share our common certainty and ponder about the future and how we can develop. A pleasure experienced in the company of other souls is so much more significant than a solitary pleasure.

Your 'Sendai' is my Zigzag, Oregon, my Bowling Green, Kentucky, my Duluth, Minnesota. Pilgrimage is called for; though what will we find when we get there? Possibly an anticlimax?

Michal from Warsaw

15. Nobutada

Nobutada Daimyo of Mito

Thank you. I of course don't expect things to be exactly as I remember them, but I have to go back all the same. I've let go of a lot of past-life guilt over the past year, and this will definitely help me continue that. And as for fixation-- I'm a history student in college and hopefully soon to be a bona fide historian, so that's why I may come across as being fixated, since that's one of the periods and regions that I'm interested in as well as including in my current thesis work. Having been there personally does help studying it, wouldn't you say?

I'll try to slip posts in here over the summer, but as I'm going to have my internet usage watched, I don't know if I'll be able to manage...but I HAVE to make it out in one piece to get to Sendai in the fall, after all! :) Aside from cherry blossom time in the spring, that's the best time to go-- it's known as the "City of Trees," after all, and the leaves are very beautiful then.

Patience is the key, I suppose.

-N.

16. michaldembinski

michaldembinski Senior Registered

Warsaw, Poland; 52 degrees North, 21 degrees East
    Absolutely. Which is why at University I did American Studies. The Calling continues...

But I fear introversion and self-obsession. What's that splendid Japanese term for middle-aged salarymen that corporations don't want to fire, so they place them at desks where they can look out of the window? I sometimes feel that my soul's like that... too much reflection, contemplation; yet the world needs us to harden our wills and face the challenges, overcome the obstacles and grow towards Godliness.

Michal

17. Nobutada

Nobutada Daimyo of Mito

I believe the term is just that-- "sarariiman", which is a Japanese transliteration of "salaryman"-- the kind of person driven entirely by work and cutting himself off from any personal growth because of total introversion. I feel that way sometimes, too, which is why I've been making such an immense effort to open myself up for several years now.

Definitely don't want to end up staring out a window...

-N.

18. Nobutada

Nobutada Daimyo of Mito

It's on my wall now. Sort of has the same sense of presence that the real Ieyasu did on sight. Will keep you posted.

-N.

19. dark rosaleen

Looking forward to hearing what happens.