What are your earliest memories?

Discussion in 'Past Life Memories' started by DaveUK, Jun 29, 2013.

1. DaveUK

DaveUK New Member

I can't hand on heart attest to having past life memories but there are distinct anomalous memories I cannot account for, but at 57 they have understandably become somewhat blurred.

However in contrast to that I do have extremely vivid and detailed memories going back to a time which psychologists are adamant such memories either cannot exist, or they are false memories.

I remember being a tiny baby, I remember being in my high chair and my crib, I remember abject terror and voices and manifestations in my bedroom, I remember a time before I could walk and a serious incident with matches when I was 18 months old. I remember clearly conversing with two young benign gentle boys who visited me regularly during the night to comfort me, and being upset when they informed me it was the last time I would be able to see them until the end, whatever that means. The list goes on.

These memories have been verified (except for the supernatural ones) as correct by family members including my late parents, so I know with certainty they happened.

With regard to the more abstract anomalous memories, they comprise more of places and events rather than people but from the point of view of my present life memories they simply don't fit in, so I feel fairly certain they could be from a past life. If only I knew how to expand upon them and reveal more.

How far back can you remember, and what do you think is the relationship between such early childhood memories and the ability to remember so far back and the possible recollection of a past life?.

2. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

So it sounds like you also have psychic or intuitive abilities and are able to "see" or know things that others don't. That's very common here in the forum. It seems that being able to remember past lives and having psychic or intuitive ability go hand in hand. Not everyone here has past life memories. I have had a picture in my mind as far back as I can remember that I think now is from a past life. I have also done some past life regressions using self-hypnosis. And past life readings from a trusted psychic are where most of my own PL information comes from.

3. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

My earliest present life memory from this life is being about 13 months old, wetting my pants, and hiding behind an old-time Coke machine in a laundry room. I think it caused quite an uproar, since everyone in the trailer camp where my parents were living went out to search. :laugh: Seriously, I have thought about your question, Dave. I have wondered if there's a link between precocious memory in this life, and the ability to remember past lives. It could be possible that a toddler with that much self-awareness has better than average access to the last life he, or she, experienced. Any thoughts from other members?

4. argonne1918

Describe the Coke machine.

5. LuckiestK

LuckiestK New Member

BrierRose, I just a serious case if déjà vu while reading your post. As I was reading, I instantly thought, oh I've read this one in 1996...looked at the post date and was actually shocked to see a different year. So strong a feeling, so strange.

My earliest memory was when I was 2. My parents and I were in a pick up( me in the middle standing, as was common in those days) and then they both put there closest arm to me out like and instant shield and we were in a ditch. I remember my mom being a little hysterical and me thinking, what's the big deal? I'M fine. ;)

I have vague feelings of knowing things earlier but I just can't quite grasp them.

6. LuckiestK

LuckiestK New Member

Sorry for all the typos. I'm on my "smart" phone. ;)

7. TMeganV

TMeganV New Member

I was standing in the kitchen and had to go to the toilet, but my parents were in the back yard and I wanted to see what they were doing. My curiosity took over and I walked to the yard, and **** my pants. cover face I think I was around 3 yrs old.

8. argonne1918

I remember looking at a birthday card with a bear holding a red ball and the number 3 on the ball.

9. Conroy

Conroy New Member

My earliest memory is of being held and cuddled by my maternal grandmother at their house in Leamington Spa. I had a strong sense of love and of being her favourite grandchild at the time, which was confirmed years later by my mum telling me that she used to say 'he's the only one who's still cuddle sized and likes having cuddles'. That would put me at the age of a baby, although I don't know the exact age. This is still one of my favourite memories.

10. Red Night

Red Night Senior Registered

My earliest memory is from five or six months old. I'd gotten a shot and my doctor had used the wrong needle and apparently it hurt pretty bad!

11. BethC

BethC Senior Registered

I remember being around 3 or younger and getting my mom and her friend confused. I'm not sure if this was because my mom would call her friend on the phone(I knew who she was calling)And say "It's(my mom's name)" so I was thinking she was calling her friend by her own name...but it seems strange that I would do that. I wonder if my mom's friend was my past life mom.

I used to not like bath time, and would run down the street, naked, calling out my mom's friend's husband's name to 'save me.' LOL. I'm not sure if this second one is my own memory, because my older sister used to tell the story.

There are a few other early memories that are somewhat strange, like my view of God as more of a greek god rather than old guy with a beard-Judaeo-Christian type. My invisible friend, Jonathan (although, he definitely could have been my imagination.)

12. BriarRose

I wonder if you were there in another body when it happened? It would have been in California's Central Valley in 1951. My family has ties to Texas. That would be cool!
    Argonne, I believe it was the kind of machine where the bottles were in metal rings inside, and it was filled with iced water. The glass bottles came out delicious and frosty, but your hand hurt if you kept it in too long. I didn't reach into that one - I was too short at the time! :laugh: I remember the floating dust motes, the darkish room, and a ray of light coming in through the door more clearly.

13. argonne1918

I have read and heard about the chest type machines that were cooled with blocks of ice. No electricity needed (as long as the iceman cometh). I remember seeing (and using) the old electric chest type where the bottles were lined up in rows. When you put in your nickel or dime you had to move the bottle down the row horizontally with your hand to the "gate" mechanism that would allow you to remove the bottle.

14. rachel68

rachel68 New Member

I don't remember any coke machines ;-) but my earliest memory is having a picture taken when I was a baby. When I saw that picture again much later, I remembered how it felt and the circumstances (I was on a huge pillow on a table, feeling of sinking into that pillow and the weird color of the tablecloth, seeing a very bright flash all of sudden etc). I don't have an exact timing of that, but I must have been a few months old.

The next memory was that my dad woke me up very very very early in the morning and propped me up in front of the TV, so that I could witness the moon landing :laugh: The weird thing is that I am born in August 1968, so I was not even one year old at that time, but I remember how it felt to be woken up so early (I just checked, it would have been around 4am our time), my mom not being amused about it, but my dad being all exited and insisting that this is a historical moment and "she needs to watch this".

I asked my dad about it, he doesnt remember for sure, but immediately said that it is something he could have done ;)

I do agree that having such early memories might go hand in hand with having spontaneous PL memories too and so on, since I had one a few years later, around 5, and have had a few more over the years.

15. JPariz

JPariz New Member

My earliest memory was lying in some tall grass looking up at clouds. I don't know how old I was .

16. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I walked and talked within my first year and my sister was born when I was 20 months old. I remember with great elation when she was born and I told everyone who would listen that "We're all together again!" Of course, my parents hadn't any idea what I was talking about, but I remembered the feeling after all these years until I finally had a scenario in which it fit. The four of us had all been together over several past lives of which I know, and probably many more that I am not aware of...kind of cool to get answers for fifty-year-old questions!

17. Sarellah

Sarellah Senior Registered

My earliest memory was sitting on a hotel bed at 2 or 3 and watching my cousins talking to me before I could talk or walk...They looked very big at the time, even though one of them is only 4 years older than me. To add to the wetting myself memories, I remember doing that in preschool lol! But that was at 4 or 5, not 2 or 3 lol

18. azgrl25

azgrl25 Senior Registered

One of my earliest memories was being in a playpen, there was an movie projector playing old family movies. Everyone had left the room apparently thinking I was still asleep. I remember knawing on the vinyl rim of the playpen, what it smelled like, and what the vinyl felt like under my feet.

I also remember another time when I was around 2 or 3 being at my babysitters. I looked down the hallway and saw a man come out of the bathroom, walked down the hall and into the bedroom. I asked who the man was and was really confused when I was told there was nobody there.

19. argonne1918

So we have another person here with psychic ability and the ability to see ghosts or spirits. There are others here with that ability also. It seems to go hand in hand with remembering past lives.

20. azgrl25

Yes, I am an intuitive one. I do believe that these do go hand in hand with one another and I don't doubt that there are others on here who also have abilities. I can sense spirits and sometimes see them in the "minds eye" but tend to see them more in dreams or will wake up to see one standing in the room. I have also been able to see and describe details of past life memories that are not mine (in addition to having my own), however, I will NOT do that on this forum nor will I ever dive into something like that without anyone's permission.

Back to early memories, I have tons more that I can remember. Both past life related and everyday life. Another very early memory that I have is a doll that I LOVED and called "Annie." Every time I went over to my grandparents house, I would look for her and ask them where she was at.

I still have her. :)

21. argonne1918

I don't think you are the only one here who can do that. Has anyone asked you to do "read" them?

22. azgrl25

Not from the forum, but some friends have for validation on what they saw. I just started coming back here. I haven't seen any other posts or mention of anyone else on the forum doing this, I didn't want to be disrespectful and wasn't sure if that would be going against any forum guidelines.

It's easier with those who are also intuitive and are open to it. I haven't done any full readings.

23. BriarRose

Thank you for your respect for forum guidelines, azgirl. It would be fun if we could channel other members' PLs, but the forum would probably quickly degenerate into chaos! LOL However, I think it's wonderful that you have that gift. When you mentioned your doll, Annie, I wondered how many little children name dolls, stuffed toys, or even pets after past life connections? I named my first doll "Suse Ann", undoubtedly, a toddler corruption of Susanne. It's something to think about!

24. azgrl25

Briar - that it probably would!!! The only reason I look into anyone's memory is for validation purposes for both myself and for the other person. Although, it does happen on it's own fairly often depending on who i'm around - and every once in awhile as i'm browsing around on the forum I will unintentionally pick up on something. I don't mind if anyone asks for validation in a PM (If that doesn't go against the guidelines) but i'm not comfortable giving full readings to anyone. I don't want to risk giving someone a false impression of who they were or send them on a different path, they need to explore that on their own.

My friends who have had memories just gave me vague details such as "I saw a woman sitting in a room" - and if any impressions came up, i'd go into detail of what I see and it's validating for both if the memories match up.

Regarding the doll naming thing and Annie, I always wondered about that myself. I have no idea why I chose that name, I thought maybe that's what my grandmother called her and I got it from that - but it does make me wonder. One of my childhood friends growing up always named her Ken doll "Kris Kristopherson" - I never figured out how she came up with the name or why she liked it so much, but now I think that was likely PL related. Growing up during school recess, we always had interesting games that we played too that were probably remnants from a previous lifetime.

25. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

My UFO-oriented friends have their own takes on this one. I don't know if it was a dream or not:

I am in my crib. I've seen the house where this happened and it's as I remember, a small room with no doors, I don't think I can even talk yet, or if I can it's a very limited vocabulary. It's night and I'm looking out the window at the stars. They sure are pretty. I can see the moon. I'm lying in the moonbeams.

Soon I see owls flying down the moonbeams. They come in through the window without even opening it. They take me back up the moonbeam to their nest. There are doctors or scientists up there and someone who looks a lot like my mother, but something's not right. Looking back I'd say she was sort of robotic. She keeps singing to me, telling me that it's okay. The doctors do a check-up on me and then the owls take me back to my crib. I fall asleep.

Like I said, my UFO-oriented friends have a field day with this one.

26. BriarRose

It does sound like your UFO friends might be right, but that's a topic where I prefer to keep an open mind, but not have opinions. Oddly, there are a few such topics! ;)

27. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Same here. I'm not really sure one way or the other about UFOs and such. Still, I'm sure we aren't the only planet with life on it.

Anyway, that's my earliest memory. My husband's memories have been knocked about before age 9 due to the physical abuse he suffered, but he does cling to one where he was trying to imitate the sounds the big people were making. He was learning to talk earlier than most kids, his mother says.

28. argonne1918

You have just described a UFO "contact". Maybe I'll send you a PM. I know someone else who described something similar that began at a very early age. This often occurs to families, not just one individual. Across several generations-grandmother, daughter, granddaughter. I also know an 80 year old gentleman who recently told me about a strange experience he had as a 7 year old back in the 1930's. It happened not far from where you are living now.

29. IrisG.

IrisG. Senior Registered

My first memory is the day my cousin was born...which was three days before my first birthday. I remember waiting with my father in the hospital park or yard where I sat on the ground beside some flours that had been planted their and looking up from my poition on the ground to my father, mostly seeing his long legs from my position. He wore white or beige trousers. I do not know how I could know it was my cousin´s birthday but this memory is in my mind for as long as I can remember. Later I learnt that I indeed waited with my father in front of the hospitals as young children were not allowed to go where the babies were. I am not very close with my cousin or his family. Also, I do not have any past-life memories but some other memories from this life of profane situations that happened before my second birthday.