• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

What cd's do you recommend for meditation?

Cont..

Welcome to the 'Past Lives Forum' rjmarzano.

Have the Halpern and Markoe CDs evoked any deja-vu memories of interest?

Well my goal was to be able to meditate and see a TV screen where I could keep changing the channel and see images from my past lives on Atlantis and various other places.

But what happens is every time I go to turn this TV on someone prevents me from doing this. This is someone who I have a close bond with in the universe that I have known forever.

I have never been able to get this TV to start working. My conclusion is it is better this way.

I do this meditation while laying in bed and the relaxation usually causes me to fall asleep.

I read a book recently where he felt it is better to meditate while sitting in a recliner.

I'm not going to mention that book because he tells people to mess around with staring into a crystal ball, a mirror, etc., and try to communicate with spirit guides which I do not recommend.

I just received additional CDs by both Halpern and Markoe but haven't listened to them yet.

Jeff Marzano

Audio CDs -- Alpha relaxation or Theta relaxation?

Hello,

Lately, more and more CDs e.g., intended for meditation/ relaxation apply such terms as 'Alpha State' 'Theta State' brainwave frequencies.

Would the CDs that evoke 'Deep Theta' states be more favorable than CDs evoking 'Deep Alpha' states (sometimes refferred to as Alpha/Theta states) in yielding possible PL memories during meditation?

After all, PL regression is boosting long term memories to "overdrive so to speak." Hence Theta meditative states may be most favorable for PL regression exercises.

Marc

Just thought I’d revive this old, but really useful thread and add the CDs and audios that I’ve found useful :) :

Guided Meditation CDs:

Brian Weiss – Mirrors of Time

Dick Sutphen – Past Life Regression: Ultra Depth Hypnosis

Non-guided Meditation CDs/audios that have occasionally helped access PL memories during use:

Dr. Jeffrey Thompson – Gamma Meditation System

33 Bowls – Tibetan Singing Bowls (especially the track ‘Rain’)

Klaus Wiese – Touch of Silence

Varshapavitra – some of the best binaural recordings of Tibetan singing bowls I’ve yet found, very effective

CDs/audios I’ve found useful for general meditation practice:

Jonathan Goldman – Pretty much any of his CDs, they’re all excellent, but my absolute favourite is The Lost Chord

Ben Scott – Tibetan Chakra Meditations

Meditation Society of Australia – Free online meditation podcasts/MP3s

IBK Productions – Binaural recordings of natural soundscapes

Of course, it goes without saying that the best meditation comes with practice, and that it really helps to follow a regular meditation routine, meditating at the same time every day when possible.

Any specific recommendations for Classical or Baroque music?

Hello,

Can anybody recommend specific Classical or Baroque music which may have evoked (as a trigger "of sorts) possible past life memories?

Classical or Baroque music may evoke memories of interest even if one's past-lives were not exposed to such music genres.

Marc

The music ofJean-Baptiste Lully has always resonated with me, particularly his Marche pour la cérémonie des Turcs. There is just something about the strong beat in that piece that I am drawn to.

Just bumping this older thread that new members might find useful, or have new CDs and audios to add :)

This is a great thread.

I've found Halpern to be excellent. Deja-Blues puts me into a deep, relaxed state and I can feel myself on the verge of getting my mind where I want it to be. (Relaxation is tough for me).

Dr. Thompson's CDs are fantastic as well. Not only for my attempts at self-regression, but for sleep and creativity as well.

I'm going to check out some of the other suggestions, too.

I see that I have not shared my successes here on this thread. I state my intent, envision a white and/or golden light to protect me, and strain my eyes somewhat trying to focus on my third-eye area to self-hypnotize myself.

Posting again here to add a few more CDs that have been of benefit to my explorations (wow, my last list is from 2013, how time flies!)

Hemi-Sync - Exploring Other Lives - Haven't used it often, but has helped me with uncovering some of the more traumatic moments from a few lives. It's good for giving you time to relax and space to experience. Not too leading.

Benjamin Iobst - Seven Metals - Simple, but beautiful, audio of various Tibetan singing bowls, wind chimes, gongs etc. Very nice for unguided exploration.

Nadaka - Lotus of the Quiet Mind - downloaded this as a nigh-quality FLAC file, and the quality shows!

One thing I would recommend is, if possible, getting a CD of an audio, rather than an MP3. MP3 is a compressed file format, so a lot of the audio waves are lost, and at least for me, this results in a poor meditation experience. I'm not sure what is lost in the compression from WAV or FLAC to MP3, but my energy system is not awakened at all with an MP3.

Shiva's Ecstasy by Anandmurti Gurumaa is my go to. As a caveat, I meditate to center myself in this current life, not to bring up past ones. Largely, I know there is more lives then I know about (there sort of has to be...at one point in my memory I have 700+ years between lives) and inklings of others that are lurking in the shadows.

While meditation may cast a light on some of those shadows, and it does far more often then I would like, I still have to live in the life I have now and find happiness and peace in the here and now, not what may have been. As I find that peace and happiness in my life now, more of the past tends to show itself.

I find the tactile experience of using a mala to be soothing and helps with the meditation, especially Rudraksha beads. It doesn't take long to learn to work them without thinking about counting or what you are doing and the feel and actions become as much a part of it as sound does. I don't use much visually in meditation, although I do have a couple of statues that bring me joy just in general, and usually I meditate near them because of that feeling.

Bumping for new members.

As much as I still love the audios by Dick Sutphen, I sometimes find him too leading; the Hemi-Sync Exploring Other Lives is still the best regression CD that I've used, it's not leading, has a good lengthy relaxation phase, and doesn't rush you from one event to the next.

I have experienced and taught "Music and Meditation" for years. It is my foundation for my regression work, so whenever I hear certain pieces of music, I automatically become more relaxed and centered. There are too many to name, but my all time FAV is "Angel Love" by Aeoliah. As for recorded regressions, I have used several: 1. Sanaya Roman's "Past Lives." Brian Weiss' "Mirrors of Time" CD, and several of Holly Holmes-Meredith's meditations which are available on Spotify. (I trained with all three of these people and also with Carol Bowman.) I believe sound/music is a wonderful healing tool and am currently working on a meditation project inspired by what I "saw" during an LBL (life-between-lives journey) using a custom-designed combination of a person's "frequency" which is embedded with binaural beats, music (see Dr. Jeffrey Thompson's work–Deep Brainwave Entrainment), and a channeled meditation. The possibilities are endless.

Here are a few recommendations for audio recordings which may help in 'past life recall' exercises.

* Stephen Halpern: Deja-Blues. Some listeners reported 'Deja-Vu' like memories which may indicate 'past lives'

* Dean Evenson: Ocean Dreams. Forest Rain is also good choice. Evenson's recordings contain a sound frequency called "Earth Resonance Frequencies" (ERF) i.e., Schumann Resonance, natural atmospheric sounds. The ERF is very close to sound frequencies which may be associated with 'past life recall.'

*Any authentic recordings of 'Tibetan singing-bowls.' William Buhlman's 'OM' recording has been mentioned in this forum.

Has anybody had 'Deja-Vu' like experiences (past-life memories) listening to recordings of Northwest Native American ceremonies?

Any additional suggestions?
om technique of meditation by Parmahansa Yogananda

Back