What do you miss the most from a PL?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Hathaway, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Raptor95

Raptor95 member

Boy, I miss a lot of stuff from this life. I wish I could post of PL. I do not recall enough of past life.

I miss my dad loading us all up in the station wagon to spend the day at the beach in Mexico, then going to eat before going home wore out. I miss mom and dad sitting on porch (we lived in the country) after supper and all of us kids trying to talk to them at the same time. Trying to show my mom how to ride a bike (never did learn). Catching light bugs. And collecting cicada (we called them in Spanish “chinch-arras”) we tried to see who could find the prettiest. Going fishing almost everyday with my dad all summer long. I miss going to school early just to meet with friends to play jacks. Boys did the same for marbles.

Going to the drive in and playing during intermission. Acting like we were asleep on way home so dad would have to carry us in, hehe. Miss the smell of rain on the dry dirt and then playing in the mud puddles while it rained.

I had forgotten thru all these years of struggle that even though we were poor we were happy. Being poor made us all stronger.

Sorry, could go on and on. :D

2. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

I miss not having a government that thinks it knows better how to run my life than I do.

I miss smut being where it belongs, in dingy alleys and seedy joints, stuffed into plain paper bags and stashed away, not being paraded in the streets and on TV as some kind of model to aspire to.

I miss cars that emphasize horsepower over spotted owls.

I miss men who were not afraid to stand up and take a bullet for what they believed in.

I miss women who understood what a true "lady" is, and I don't mean just knowing which fork to use at a fancy dinner.

I miss honor.

Sometimes I miss the spotlight, but I think I'm better off without it.

I miss a night sky illuminated by the stars and moon and nothing else.

Just a few of my most missed things.

3. rjmarzano

rjmarzano rjmarzano

What do you miss the most from a PL?

There's a theory that people can be reincarnated into any time period past or future or even live the same life over again to try to change something that they deeply regret.

I suppose they also might want to live the same life over again to do something they really liked I don't know.

If this is true it would explain at least some of the cases of that feeling of 'deja vu'.

I think I heard about this theory in the following book:

Past Life Regression: A Guide for Practitioners by Mary Lee LaBay (Jul 6, 2006)

This is a very strange idea because it implies that everyone and everything else exists in an infinite number of possible futures.

It is true I believe that time does not exist in the spirit world. The relationships between time, gravity, and the physical universe are very strange and mysterious as Einstein showed the world.

Quite a few of the stories on The Twilight Zone TV series get into questions like this.

Some of these comments remind me of the episode 'A Stop at Willoughby'.

Another episode which was voted one of the all time best for the entire TZ series is 'Walking Distance'.

Interestingly the actor who appeared in Walking Distance, Gig Young, went off the deep end and his life ended violently as he killed his wife and then himself.

Rod Serling thought a lot about questions like this.

"All time is one." - Edgar Cayce

4. J. Jay Kamp

J. Jay Kamp New Member

I agree; I, too, think that time doesn't exist, especially on the other side. I think that everything happens at once, and our brains are able to tune into each moment and experience it independent of the whole -- and also tune into past lives as well, if that makes any sense.

Anywho, like many people on this thread, I miss my family from my past life. I miss my dear husband, Thomas Carter, and his light blue eyes and russet-brown hair. I miss my children from that life, because in this life, I have none; I miss my little son's sun-bleached blonde hair, and my daughter's maddening obstinacy. I miss my three sisters (as again, in this life I have none), and my brother, whom I worshiped and adored. And I miss Encombe House in Dorset, where I spent so many happy days with my husband and children before it all went terribly wrong.

BTW, this is my first post here in quite a while (years and years), so I will have to properly introduce myself somewhere...just have to figure out where. :) (Loved reading everyone's memories!)

5. Persuasion

Persuasion This time

era

I miss the Victorian era England 1800s..the horse carts nice dresses, polite men with hats and long jackets with sideburns. :(

6. verbosewriter

verbosewriter New Member

I am a woman that's in love with a woman I haven't met. I'm starting to feel like we will never met. Although I haven't fully embraced my PL regressions, I don't think I've had a better life than my current one. I have everything but the girl. I'm finally happy with myself. Well, it's a never-ending battle. If I had to do it again, which I'm sure I will, I'll definitely be a woman again, and I want to fall in love with women. I think it's because I learned a lot in this life and am still learning.

7. Mammatus

Mammatus A Squid With a Rocketship

I miss the isolation and the thunderstorms we had. I miss the almost year round warm weather and the tropical forests (Honduras or Cuba, I don't remember yet). I miss the longs walks in the forest and when life was quiet. I miss the crystal blue water of the ocean. I didn't have to worry about "not getting out enough" or everything being "too boring". Something new always happened. It was never the same. I miss my boat. And my girl. I miss the mountains.

I also miss the mountains from when I lived in Norway in a PL a LONG time ago.

And I miss the Alps. Brightly colored flowers blooming during the spring covering miles. Running up the grassy hills twirling and falling down...

Before all this technology and all this...this.... blasted industrial...

8. ChrisR

ChrisR Administrator Emeritus Staff Member Super Moderator

I know exactly what you mean Mammatus, welcome to the forum :)

I would love to go back to a life like the one you just described .... as long as I could take my laptop with me! :laugh:

9. Lady2

Lady2 Senior Registered

Lots of things...

I miss smaller communities, stores and towns, when everyone knew everyone, and things weren't mass produced…

I miss old fashioned mannerisms, customs, and ways of dressing…

I miss the age of being an apprentice instead of learning a job by a book…

I miss there being a connection and dependency on nature, the weather and seasons being a part of your everyday life…

I miss when your skill in trades and craftsmanship were more important than your hourly wage…

There are good things about living in the present though, and if you look, there are many people today who miss the same things listed in this thread, like living a simpler life. And they try to recreate it and live their lives that way. They live on simple homesteads, reenact periods of history, cook and do traditions there great-grandparents did, learn old skills and trades. Me and my family do these things to keep the past alive. :)

10. Mammatus

Mammatus A Squid With a Rocketship

The ocean. That is what I must say I miss the most. I utterly refuse to remain landlocked. I feel so, clausterophobic. Argh....

I honestly think that moving to a place next to the ocean, wherever it may be, but mostly Florida, Boston or Hawaii, would create a great change in my mood. I have depression issues, and from time to time I wonder if it could partially be tied to the fact that I live in Ohio [shudder]. For the longest of time, I always would look out the window of the car and expect to see miles of shoreline and ocean to the horizon. But all I see is mud....and fields.....and flatness.....and trees.....

And then a great sense of loss develops.

11. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I think what I really miss most is the bookshop cat I had in mid-18th century England. She might have been my first cat, but she wasn't my last.

12. Ignotus

Ignotus Senior Registered

A lot of things.. But I think I can find them most here if I try.

My gender, I still have trouble adjusting to a different one here..

My comrades and friends, especially the ones died in war.. I'm sad that people have forgotten honour. Especially the kids in my country, they DON'T know a thing about it. Treating the National Anthem and all like dirt. It infuriates me. But it also saddens me when I find out that my comrades are labelled 'monsters'... I know, they were...

My mansion, I saw it once in a lucid dream and it was beautiful.

Oddly, the fashion and music. Maybe its cause I can't stand seeing miniskirts and all.

The weather, my country now is the opposite of my last.

The politeness of my other countrymen (And women).

The food.

Language I could speak...

I would tell you what I don't miss but that's not the point of the thread... :D

13. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

Thank you for posting the link to the memorial, Nighttrain. My ancestors from both of my parents came here to escape the potato famine. I will seek it out if I ever get to NYC again.

I have a deep longing to know how my town was before 1889 and the great flood. I have spent hours researching and learning about it. In that era, however, I was my Great Grandmother and resided above Johnstown and was more connected to those who caused the flood.

Perhaps it is my remorse for what happened. I worked at the clubhouse and was in love with one of those who belonged to the club that owned the dam that broke.

14. Red Night

Red Night Senior Registered

I miss not being so reliant on technology. When I think of all the stories I would have written and books I would have read if the internet and television didn't exist...! But I do honestly like the internet because I have learned so much through it.

I liked the way people dressed a lot more too.

I miss fine craftsmanship. The skill that went into making some of the beautiful buildings and objects from days past is not as prominent as it use to be, I think.

15. Shiftkitty

There's always the "Off" button... ;) :D (just razzin' ya!)

16. Ignotus

Ignotus Senior Registered

Yes, the internet is a huge disadvantage to our lives currently but its also a huge advantage. My parents are too busy on the computer till they forgotten to take me and my sis exercising and the worst part; They blamed us for not exercising. I should start exercising at home.

I agree with that as well. Craftsmanship was more beautiful back then.

17. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I miss my gender.. dresses, hair, shoes.. It's unnatural for me to like shoes as much as I do.. for a guy anyway.

But first and foremost, I agree with the most of you, I miss the culture and rhythm of life that's been erased in favor of the internet and corporate driven one we live now.

I miss being surrounded by such a big and extended family both in this life and the previous one.

18. Red Night

Red Night Senior Registered

What is this 'off' button you speak of? :p

I really don't know why it stopped. And when will it start again? Never?! Awful.

I miss that at times too, but I think I would honestly be comfortable in any gender. I'm pretty sure I've been a pretty good mix of both, but certain aspects of being a woman I do miss. At the same time though, if I were a woman I think I would miss certain aspects of being a man.

19. Shiftkitty

LOL!
    re: Craftsmanship

It went away because we demanded cheaper and cheaper goods. Now we'll accept what they shovel at us because we won't pay higher (or sometimes can't). We'd also rather buy the brand name, knowing full well that the brand name is going to cut the corners wherever it can legally get away with it. We have lowered our standards in almost all things for the sake of convenience. Until we get pickier and demand higher standards, we will never get back the craftsmanship in the quantities it was once present. You can still find the good stuff. You just have to look and be prepared to pay a premium or make it yourself.

20. Totoro

I think in general i'd agree with you, but in my most present case, I'm certainly more on the female side. Why? i dont know.. it's there for some reason.. As a nudge towards rediscovering my past life, I choose to be male rather than female for a reason even if I didn't want to, maybe i'm trying to be both? I'm not sure really..

21. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

To me, a sense of honor and graciousness is sadly lacking in today's society. I deeply understand and feel a gentleman's obligations and responsibilities, and our current world neither acknowledges nor values such qualities. I assume those characteristics are ingrained in my mind due to long past lifetimes and they arise each time I am faced with a decision...then I must readjust and do what will be acceptable in this day and time.

The lack of privacy enabled by cell phones and the instantaneous distribution of news via the internet also speeds up our lives...I've gotten the sense that this "right now" life style focuses our minds on the material world instead of allowing time for reflection and pondering things that will help us better understand our world and lives.

These both came through clearly when compared to where and how I live now.

22. Totoro

I agree with that too. I have a level of dedication and "gentlemaness" that's beyond that of my peers.

It's funny though, i've allways said that i feel about 60 years old :laugh: but the good kind, I feel i have the same outlook as someone whose had a long life full of hard at times, but meaningful work, family, and understanding of self respect and the connection to the world and people around you..

23. Kapitan

Kapitan Probationary

I can't say there is too much that I actually miss at the moment because I am able to regain a semblance of what was -

I can dress like I did then

I can play music that was around during my time (found an excellent site for that)

I live in an old apt. that has much of the original stuff: light fixtures, sink dated '39, wood mouldings, and the old metal radiators which I absolutely love for heating, etc.

I have old furniture, sewing machine, dishes (except pots and pans and silverware).

One thing that I do miss is living near the coast and working on ships...well, that's actually two things but anyway...

I miss the great Cape Horn ships - although there are some preserved and some sail still at the Tall Ships event.

24. Obie

Obie Senior Registered

I miss the smell of magnolia trees in full bloom (its a sweet yet spicy floral scent.) I didnt know magnolia trees emitted a smell but from the dreams I have had I realized they smelled lovely when in bloom. I dont know if anyone can confirm this whether or not you can smell a magnolia tree.

I like the smell in the summer evenings, its kind of a burnt smell - I've smelled it in various countries, and various places I've lived. Its hard to explain but takes me back to a simpler time.

25. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I miss a world made up of items with a natural tactile quality...possessions made of wood, wool and cotton, iron, copper and leather. A world which includes real smells...well, maybe not all the old smells because some of them were really bad, but I am viscerally jerked back to a comfortable place every time I smell a horse barn, with its tang of leather, fermenting hay and road apples.

I feel a sense of comfort when I run my hand over a piece of material made of raw spun wool...

I sense a nostalgic feeling when I cherish the few moments in which I hear...nothing. Nothing but the sound of wind blowing through trees, cicadas screeching, birds trilling and squirrels barking...no sound of distant or near traffic, airplanes or blaring music.

26. Totoro

that's what I even miss from being a kid.. things that were made by people and not machines. I miss ticking clocks and the smell of real food being cooked on the stove, real wood floors that have just been waxed, etc

27. Cryscat

Cryscat Senior Member

Have you tried going to the Great Lakes? In Ohio, Lake Erie would be the closest one. Those lakes are huge and generate their own weather, like the ocean.

28. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

That's so rare nowadays! Even when I was a kid and lived in a remote area, it was difficult to not hear noise from lumber mills or distant farm equipment. But a few years ago when I was in the Arctic, in the middle of winter, I walked far enough away from the buildings and deisel engines, and heard...nothing. It was very, very strange, almost hallucinogenic.

29. Shiftkitty

After the attacks of 9-11, when I was living in the Silicon Valley, it was so eerie to look up in the sky and NOT see an airplane! I worked close to the San Jose Airport and we all were quite accustomed to hearing the jet liners landing and taking off. It was strange to think that of all of us, from the youngest driver to the oldest exec, that not one of us had ever known a sky without aircraft in it! It was kinda creepy, like something out of the "Twilight Zone". We laughed to think how we all thought it was "unnatural"!

(Sorry for the threadjack!)

30. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Senior Registered

Though - as previously stated - no memories...more inklings and things that are familiar....

Having said that - the money it would appear I have been used to in the last life or two:(. I'm human enough too that I still find it "itches" having to "compete" for everything I have on an equal basis, rather than having anything "by right". Who wouldnt want money and a bit of "influence" just because of an "accident of birth"? and subsequently miss it when having to work for everything you get (and still don't get much....).

Like I said - I'm "human"...:rolleyes:

Non-personal things - well....the sense of being "boxed-in"/intruded upon that we get in this current lifetime is new to me (to most of us I guess). The knowledge that everywhere is SO overpopulated and there are people people wherever one goes...there are always more people anywhere than feels comfortable. The "intruded upon" feeling is down to the Surveillance Society we live in. I'm surprised no-one has mentioned that to date - ie the closed circuit cameras everywhere/the "spying" on what we view on the Internet/the employers who check their employees out on Facebook and now technology is at the very earliest stages of being able to read our minds (ie the early stages invention that has recently come up to "help the disabled think their words to other people" - yeah...right...thats the justification right now, but it won't take long before the technology becomes refined/widespread and used for evil by the "nasties" and "misguided people" of the World. If Society keeps on the track it is at present (ie technological Society) - and that is a big IF of itself as we know - then there will be a time and it might be in my lifetime when others are trying to "spy" into our very thoughts....and, at that point, it will be time for me to Go Home (for good this time).