Wiccan or Psychic

Discussion in 'Parapsychology' started by shadowsofmypast, Jun 30, 2013.

1. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

I just discovered something about myself
    that chose to ignore for some
    reason for along time .
    Are Wiccans and psychics the same?
    I like to know.

2. wednesday

wednesday Senior Registered

Wiccan is just another name for a person who practices a certain pagan religion and there are many pagan religions so not all are Wiccan. Psychic is the term used these days for people who can sense things that others can't. So, no, they're not the same.

3. argonne1918

argonne1918 Senior Registered

Do you think you were Wiccan in a past life? That could be a significant clue.

4. AOSpare

AOSpare Zos Kia Cultus

most wiccans are (to some extent) psychic but definitely not all psychics are wiccans.

5. Sister Grey

Sister Grey Senior Registered

Not the same thing. Wicca is a modern (second half of the 20th century) religion. We're all psychic to some degree so it's safe to assume Wiccans are as well. Being a Wiccan doesn't make anyone any more all-knowing than anyone else, if that's what you're asking, though.

6. BriarRose

BriarRose Senior Registered

Your question has been well answered by others, but Wicca is pretty much a "nature" religion, where great importance is placed on observing the seasons. Wiccans probably are psychic in about the same degree as the rest of the population. I agree with all the other posters.

7. shadowsofmypast

shadowsofmypast Senior Registered

I find this quiz put out by professional

wiccan

Here are questions she asked

Do your watches or clocks always seem to run eitheir

slow or fast yes

Do electrical things seem to act strange around you

yes.

Have you ever just known' something even

if theres no rational way you could know it yes...

Have you had dreams come true yes...

Have you are seen other peoples past lives yes.

Do you have unusually good luck with certain things

yes

Do things seem to happen just because you want

them to yes.

Do other people seem to do thing because you want them

too yes.

Do you often know what other people are thinking yes.

Do you often know who's calling before you answer

the phone yes.

Are children or animals attracted to you yes,

animals mostly

Do people seem to fear you or feel intimdated by

you for no apprant reason yes.....

Have you felt the presence of ghost yes.

Do people seem to be very attracted to you

or very repelled by yes... all my life.

Do people seem to stare at you for no reason

yes all my life:(

well, I got very high score it says

You are expectionally gifted .

My greatgrandmother had psychic dreams and

she's was from europe .

Now after all these years never fitting in

or feeling out of place I know there others

like me out there. I am not comfortable with

witch label though.

Was I "Wiccan" in past life ? more think about

and the way I find peace in nature yes.

8. argonne1918

These also apply to some people with psychic abilities. I'm not surprised that Wiccans have psychic abilities. If you have many of these then you probably had these abilities in more than one lifetime.

9. BriarRose

Wicca is related to witchcraft, but is a religion. Are you asking if you were, or are, a witch, or warlock?

10. hydrolad

hydrolad Senior Moderator Super Moderator

I am, by no means, a Wiccan, but I respect it and have friends who are practicing Wiccans.

However it appears that I might be slightly psychic, based on things that still happen in my life, even to this day.

As I mentioned earlier, I can tell when the telephone is going to ring, minutes before it does, now this appears to be a common "gift" amongst many of us.

The other "gifts" are, if I set a timer for something cooking in the Kitchen, I will invariably start thinking about the timer going off several minutes before it does, as it stands now, I could almost dispense with the timer altogether!!!

Another "gift" is I'll start thinking of someone who I haven't thought of in a while, and haven't seen lately, and in several minutes, I will meet that person, in the flesh.

These "gifts" seem to be part of our ancient history when this knowledge was necessary to insure the survival of our species, because as it was, the mortality rate was very high and the most highly sought after candidates for procreation were quite often the hunters, carrying with it a special risk all in itself.

Were it not for these psychic "gifts", and beset with competition from all sides, the human race might have very well died out, and IMHO, going the way of the dinosaurs.

11. helz_belz

helz_belz Super Moderators Staff Member Super Moderator

Specifically, Wicca is a mid-20th Century re-imagining of old English witchcraft and ancient Wise Woman herbalism. Generally Wicca invoke the Goddess in their spells and incantations. Wicca is related to other nature religions (such as Pantheism or Sacred Ecology) and Neo-Paganism (Druidry, Kemetism, Hellenism, Odinism etc), but is quite unique in its use of spells and 'magic' and strong leanings towards the 'feminine' and the Goddess.

On the whole Wiccans probably aren't any more 'psychic' than the rest of the general human population, but as they're attuned to the subtle, divine nature of the natural world, some may be able to hone and improve their natural 'psychic' abilities, either consciously or not. However, many 'psychics' follow a Wiccan, or Wiccan-inspired, life path. So, not all Wiccans are psychics, and not all psychics are Wiccan, but there will be some overlap in the middle

12. hydrolad

To helz_belz: :)

helz_belz, an excellent post and a good explanation, you mentioned that Wiccans are attuned to the natural world.

So many people, driven by the monetary need to succeed in their lives, don't take the time, so to speak, to stop and smell the roses, if only more people, stopped for a minute and listened to that small "voice" from within, then even more people might show some psychic "gifts".

It has been reported that we only use a small portion of our Brains, how wonderful it would be if we were able to expand our use of the Brain and acquire even more "gifts".

"Merry Meet, Merry Part And Merry Meet Again." :)

13. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

Sorry. That cracked me up a little bit. The Wiccans I know don't make a single cent off of it. They may ask for people to bring food to donate to a food bank. That's it. Don't get me wrong, they are professionals (lawyer, insurance investigator, saleswoman) but they don't make money from their religion.

You have been taught to hate that label by Mother Culture.

If you were one of my daughters I would ask, what don't you like? That she is old? I hope that I live that long. It must mean she is really healthy.

That she is mean? Her cat doesn't seem to think so. I don't think that cat would stay with her if she was really mean. Maybe no one else would give her a chance.

My kids are young, so I have to ask age appropriate questions, but you get my meaning.

14. Blueheart

Blueheart Senior Member

hydrolad, I 'wanna grow up to be just like you!

15. BriarRose

Blueheart, LOL. You are so right about everything you said. It's really difficult to get past the cultural misconceptions about Wicca, and it is not a profession, or a source of income. We all could use the harmony with nature that Wicca promotes. It can be a powerful source of healing, emotional and physical.

16. hydrolad

For Blueheart

LOL, Blueheart [bIG GRIN] Don't grow up to be like me [bIG GRIN AGAIN] I'm still flawed, but hopefully soon, after several more lifetimes, I can return to the "Light" and not ''Go Out" again!!! :)

17. sstolze

sstolze New Member

I am wiccan. I wish i was psychic. I wouldn't have to pay mine then. Haha.

18. BriarRose

sstolze, that actually brought clarity to the debate! If all Wiccans were psychic, you wouldn't have to pay one. Beautiful! Are you "solitary", or part of a coven?

19. sstolze

sstolze New Member

I'm Solitary. I USED TO BE PART OF A COVEN, BUT MOVED AWAY. I WOULD LIKE TO AGAIN, BUT I DON'T KNOW MANY OTHERS WHO AREN'T .... FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD, ODD.

20. BriarRose

I know what you mean. My own studies into Wicca were done alone, because it felt safer, and because nature intended for me to be a "solitary" hedge witch, although I am really not enough of an adept to qualify. Any way, Blessed Be! :)

21. argonne1918

Do you think you belonged to a coven in a past life?

22. sstolze

sstolze New Member

Yes i do. I feel as though i have always been "magical"

23. sstolze

sstolze New Member

Blessed Be To You Briar Rose!

24. inthepast

inthepast New Member

I agree with what is said above

Wicca being a religion where as psychic if you are a believr in it is a power.

25. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

Sorry, these questions got my attention, so I want to revive them. (Formatting and spelling corrections by Yours Truly.)

Do your watches or clocks always seem to run either slow or fast? Not all, but I have a problem with clocks slowing down.

Do electrical things seem to act strange around you? Yes. My husband calls it my "bad computer ju-ju". I have radios suddenly lose the station I was listening to. I won't be able to get the station back for days and then BAM! It's right back where it was.

Have you ever just known something even if there's no rational way you could know it? Yes. I had the TV on when someone speaking only German came on. I wasn't watching the screen so I wasn't being influenced by subtitles, but I understood every word the guy was saying. It was only when I remembered that I don't speak German that I lost the comprehension. The narrator's recap confirmed I was spot on.

Have you had dreams come true? Yes, more than I can count. Not all were good, though. My mother's death I had dreamed about in vivid detail before we even moved into the house where she died.

Have you are seen other peoples past lives? Not sure what this one is supposed to say. Have I seen other people's past lives? I think so. I have recognized someone from a past life and she recognized me as well. It was an interesting conversation, to say the least!

Do you have unusually good luck with certain things Yes, but this is an open-ended question. Everyone seems to have good luck with certain things, but we are more prone to remember those lucky times than the unlucky ones. I wish I could have good luck picking lottery numbers!

Do things seem to happen just because you want them to? Again, we remember successes more than failures, so this one is kind of open. (I want to be rich! I want to be rich! I want to be rich!)

Do other people seem to do things because you want them to? Well, without giving details I think I've made more than a few people do something like this.

Do you often know what other people are thinking? Yes, but many people are painfully obvious with their body language.

Do you often know who's calling before you answer the phone? Yes, but we don't have a whole lot of people calling so my choices are pretty narrow. I have, however, had a thought about someone only to have the phone ring almost immediately and it's them.

Are children or animals attracted to you? Yes, I have a connection with animals, and people tell me I'm good with children, even coaxing a severely autistic boy somewhat out of his shell (though I say I didn't coax him out, I went inside that shell and felt privileged to have ben let into his world).

Do people seem to fear you or feel intimidated by you for no apparent reason? Yes. My own family seemed to fear the thought of me having my hands free. My mother in particular insisted that I had to be carrying something, preferably something that occupied both of my hands. It was, perhaps, the weirdest behavior I had ever seen from them. I have no idea why they feared my having free hands. (If I asked, I was told to stop being silly.)

Have you felt the presence of ghosts? All my life, and even tonight I sense something else in the room with me. It doesn't seem too happy. Fortunately there's something else in the room that seems to be keeping it in check. We have had paranormal investigators out here and it was pretty cool!

Do people seem to be very attracted to you or very repelled by you? Odd question for me. For some reason I attract people I really want nothing to do with.

Do people seem to stare at you for no reason? Another odd one. They used to, but if they do now or not I don't know. I've become numb to it.

26. Shiftkitty

Shiftkitty Registered User

I've surprised myself with some of my answers. Something that I feel I should include, though I don't know why, is that I have a great deal of sympathy for the insane. I don't know why. I once saw footage of a mental patient struggling with two orderlies who were trying to hold him still so he could take his medications. My heart went out to the poor guy. No idea why. I sensed that he felt the medication was gong to change him somehow, turn him into something he wasn't and didn't want to be. Just weird, I guess.