Will we ever stop incarnating and when did it start?

Discussion in 'Reincarnation Questions' started by Kristopher, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Kristopher

Kristopher Senior Registered

If we have always existed then surely that means we have always incarnated. Its pretty tough trying to think that we once had our 'first incarnation' even though we have always existed. I personally think its possible that souls are created.

So, when does our last ever incarnation take place?. During our incarnations, we're only human. We're going to make mistakes in every life and set new lessons for ourselves to learn in another life. I doubt we will eventually be perfect incarnated beings.

Another thing I was wondering is why do we really need to do all this? We go through everything physical life has to throw at us, go through it again and again, for what? lol. When we become 'wise' and so does every other soul, what do we do when everyone has stopped incarnating, if that's what you believe will happen? As I said, I think souls can be created. If we have always existed I'm sure we would have completed our journey by now.

2. tiltjlp

tiltjlp A Recycled Soul

I don't believe I'm "only human". I have touched base, so to speak, with my spiritual side quite often. Of course, our spiritual side is muted, or masked, when we are in human form, so we have to work at realizing our spiritual nature. We can do this through meditation, regression therapy, etc, etc, which may and probably does vary with each of us.

I see our reincarnations as a journey, during which we learn spiritual lessons, which we need to master, in spite of our human nature. When each of us masters our lesson, which are similar but different for each of us, based on our collective individual past lives, we may stop reincarnating. Or we may chose to continue returning in human form to guide others, or to learn even more.

I feel that some people often put too much importance, or not enough, on our human nature. Our souls and our spiritual nature, being immortal, are slightly more important than our human nature. But since we can only learn spiritual lessons while in human form, that too is just as important, just mortal in nature. At least, these are the conclusions I've made based on my studies and past lives.

3. Green26

Green26 Senior Registered

The cosmos was not created, it just is IMO, a soul is an aspect of the cosmos so they were not created and had no beginning either.

What is perfect? I personally don't subscribe to the belief we are here to perfect our souls, we may already be perfect and don't know it.

Yes, these were the first cracks that appeared in my old Newton/Weiss belief system. It is kind of like coming to earth to learn how to be a doctor and returning to the spirit world where illness does not exist. If something is eternal it can't have a beginning or an ending, so I don't think we are "created" to be put through a process of soul perfection which has a conclusion. If something is eternal it cannot be created, nor can it have a conclusion.

4. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I get the sense that we are each a spark of the Creator, and through that we are eternal...as an individual soul we have opportunities to live an incarnate, illusorily separate lifetime with the capacity to create in an effort to seek soul perfection and expand the Creator's creation. To me, the "eternal aspect" is that our energy has no conclusion, but our time as incarnating souls does.

As for when incarnation started I haven't any thoughts other than an answer would probably be incomprehensible to us, and if asked when we start incarnating as human beings, it would only be slightly less so.

5. MaritaMari

MaritaMari Senior Registered

As far as I know, we chose when and where to be reincarnated. For some people it can be a very short period of time and for the others no. For example I know some persons of whom one believes she had her last incarnation in during Middle Ages, one thinks the time between her two incarnation was about 10 years and another thinks it was 200 years. So it's very individual. If that is so and if we can choose when to be born again that maybe we can choose not to be born at all. On the other hand, if we do reincarnate but after 1000 or 2000 years then the cycle of reincarnation is not finished and has the tendency to continue indefinitely.

The main question, in my opinion is what happen when we die and where our souls go. Or even if they are aware that they are "gone". Many people who experienced NDE (near death experience) tell that they were not aware of the time. For them it could have passed a century or just a second while in real time it passed 5 minutes. What if souls do not know that it passed 200 years on Earth and think they reincarnated right after they died?

6. Green26

Green26 Senior Registered

No time actually means all time. You have all of time and space available to you and you can focus on what part of time you want to experience, so time does not pass in the afterlife.

7. wildcard_seven

wildcard_seven New Member

My personal belief is that we incarnate to experience individual existence, as opposed to being joined with (as we actually are) the source from which we came. So it's an illusory journey into individuality. I think it stops when you get tired of it or you've "gotten what you wanted" from this particular experience of living in a body. And by "you" I don't mean you as a body or personality, but your higher self--"He" makes the call.