Would you go public?

Discussion in 'Children's Past Lives -Age 7 & under' started by Deborah, Mar 7, 2007.

?

Would you go public?

1. Yes, absolutely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, absolutely not

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Yes, but our real names would be with-held

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Registered

If we had a situation that was at least as well researched as James Leninger's case, it would be worth considering. If there was even a remote chance of someone discrediting the story, I wouldn't want the cause of advancing Reincarnation awareness to be harmed in any way.

-Nightrain

2. Deborah

Deborah Executive Director Staff Member

Consensus

Since this thread is several years old, I am wondering how people feel about it now? New members? Anyone change their mind? What do you think? Or just vote. I am curious.

3. Mama2HRB

Mama2HRB Senior member

I am working on a book. Once it is finished I will only use my real name if both of my daughters agree. If not it will be under an assumed name.

When we speak of what we do now I never attribute it to my younger daughter, only her older sister and myself. The youngest prefers it that way and I see no reason to do anything different.

4. KnickKnack

KnickKnack New Member

I voted maybe ~ I'd use aliases, and it would depend on a lot of factors, namely the public outlet (some, well imo most programs are out for sensationalism and even those that may have a genuine interest in telling the truth present the possibility of things getting twisted around by another source looking to discredit not only a child's (or adult's) memories but reincarnation in general; it seems that's how some folks/organizations operate, the beliefs they hold can't stand on their own, so they opt to try to tear down other belief systems and individuals who think differently than they do.

That said, I love reading about the memories and experiences others have, so I do appreciate their being brave (and generous!) enough to share their (and their children's) memories and the process they went through in remembering.

5. Aelfgyva

Aelfgyva Senior Member

I voted "no" because I don't believe reincarnation is something that has to be proved. We all know what happens when world religions (or beliefs) try to prove themselves! I really like the idea of writing down what a child may say, keeping a book and then letting the child as an adult make its own choice! I do enjoy very much reading parents accounts here of their children in forum, a safe and tolerant place.

6. usetawuz

usetawuz Senior Registered

I checked "maybe", as my "yes" would have had too many qualifiers to delineate here. For myself, if my story was a little more coherent, I would not hesitate to publish. And if my children's experiences were more dramatic and clearly verifiable like the James Leninger case, then it would be worthy of consideration, but the snippets and vignettes they are coming up with are not worth the stigma that might attach to them at this stage of their lives.

7. Totoro

Totoro Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

I'd consider doing it for the historical aspects, but I don't think I could do it annomously or at least enough to protect my family.