• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Cases where children remember being the opposite sex

I hope this little boy will have the strength to face what he most surely one day, for many days, will face --- assuming that his gender orientation expresses itself in sexual orientation. Sadly, as natural as most expressions of sexuality are (I have expressed broadly --- very much so), still some are willing to torment and outright brutalize those who directly follow humanities sexual twists and turns.

If his gender desire is an abridgement of some pre-life assignment, I would think it perfectly fine if he should someday be one of those that chooses an operation --- fine, and not a defiance of Karma or anyone devine.

"I wanted to be a girl, but they said I had to be a boy"

This from my 7yo!

I always wondered a bit about his gender identity.

All sexual-orientation seems to be geared towards being attracted to females, yet...

from an early age he had a thing for "girl stuff". Now in my house, I say "the only thing that's girl stuff and boy stuff is tampons and jock straps" so I let him wear pink angora hats to school, nail polish, and other things, but gently explained when he was about 4 that if he went to pre-school wearing the red velvet with white lace trimed dress he sooo wanted me to buy him at Value Village, he might get teased.

Yet he also had a thing about wanting his clothes pressed, insisting (at 2 or 3!) that sweaters be worn over dress shirts, not by themselves or over T-shirts. (The fact that he also likes disco made me joke with dh that he was a gay man in his past life--with thought to all the young gay men from the 80's on taken too soon by AIDS.) He's equally happy playing with females and dolls as with boys and trucks, and his birthday party guests are usually a 50-50 mix.

Anyway, the other day, pretty much out of the blue, he tells me how he wanted to be a girl in this life but a vauge "they" said he had to be a boy. I asked if he still felt like he wanted to be a girl, (no, he was okay with being a boy) and if he thought he was a girl in his last life (no, I just wanted to be one this time).

It was just so unusual for him. This is a kid that doesn't ponder stuff like this too much, so I was pretty wowed.

It's great to see that you are aware of gender identity and sexual orientation being two separate things (if I read your post right).

I honestly don't think you will know what his orientation will be until he is aware of it himself. As far as him wanting the girl hats and nail polish, I think that he's carried over some "old fashioned" fashions from another time. Are you able to get much out of him about who he might have been and what era?

Sounds like this child has a lot of bleed overs from probably more than one life. I could be wrong though........I am wondering if you shouldn't seek help from a professional regressionist.

I'm pretty sure I was a man in at least one prior lifetime because of how gender-atypical I've always been. When I was younger, one of my great-grandpaps, who used to feed me candy whenever I came over to his house, often told my mother I was built like a football player and had a boys' body wasted on a girl. (Unfortunately I've grown up into a short big-boned frame courtesy of my maternal grandmother's Italian father; I wish I had continued to have the football players' physique my other great-grandpap said I had!)

Hi gendenwitha,

The sad fact is that we are all *required* to have so many incarnations as a male and so many as a female. If someone gets very identified with one or the other, and has several incarnations in a row of that sex only, when an incarnation of the other sex is finally required (as is always the case eventually) then problems can arise.

However, in your son's case, it seems like he will make the transition into this male incarnation OK. What do you think?

Originally posted by Bluehayze
It's great to see that you are aware of gender identity and sexual orientation being two separate things (if I read your post right).

Yes, I see gender identity and sexual orientation as separate. And I don't think it's "wishful thinking" that he's straight. Although maybe he'll grow up to be bi-. Sometime he makes comments about men being cute, but ususally he makes comments about pretty girls. We had a discussion on the first part of puberty and sexual desire is things like your heart beating fast, or feeling shy, or feeling sort of fluttery in your chest... and he said that sometimes when he sees a pretty girl he does feel fluttery in his chest... (awww...)

I'm with you HelplessDancer--I've got the stocky Sweedish frame of my great-grandmother. (the only perk is I've got a Sweedish cup-size too, lending to more of a 50's actress curves look). But my aunt said that picking me up even as a toddler was like picking up a ton of bricks, and she'd go pick up one of my friends about the same size and nearly toss them over her shoulder they'd be so light... gee, thanks, auntie.

Originally posted by buntaro
Hi gendenwitha,

The sad fact is that we are all *required* to have so many incarnations as a male and so many as a female. If someone gets very identified with one or the other, and has several incarnations in a row of that sex only, when an incarnation of the other sex is finally required (as is always the case eventually) then problems can arise.

However, in your son's case, it seems like he will make the transition into this male incarnation OK. What do you think?

Buntaro, where do you get this kind of information that we are required to have so many as one or the other sex? Honestly, I haven't heard of this before. This would be interesting to read about.

Originally posted by gendenwitha
Yes, I see gender identity and sexual orientation as separate. And I don't think it's "wishful thinking" that he's straight. Although maybe he'll grow up to be bi-. Sometime he makes comments about men being cute, but ususally he makes comments about pretty girls. We had a discussion on the first part of puberty and sexual desire is things like your heart beating fast, or feeling shy, or feeling sort of fluttery in your chest... and he said that sometimes when he sees a pretty girl he does feel fluttery in his chest... (awww...)

The biggest thing to consider when talking in regards to sexuality is that the most flamboyant feminime man could be heterosexual, and a very masculine man could be homosexual. So even if he things guys are cute, it doesn't mean that he is gay or bi. :) Only time will tell.

It's strange how society defines masculine and feminime traits and assigns them to each sex.

Talk of gender has reminded me of something that happened about 10yrs ago when I was a babysitter to a 4yr old.

He was a very beautiful little boy with quite feminine ways and I had wondered about his past lives. I was 18yrs old and had been studying past lives for a a couple of years and thought that I'd ask a question in passing to this little boy.

We were sitting in the lounge playing with some farmyard toys and I casually dropped the question "Do you remember the time before you were here?" (or something like that). I fully expected him to look at me like I was crazy, but he just carried on playing and said "What? When I was a girl?". My eyes nearly popped out of my head and I would have given anything to probe further but I didn't think it was my place to do that with a child who wasn't my son and so I changed the subject.

It didn't surprise me at all though that he might have been a girl previously. He said it so matter-of-factly that I knew he wasn't being silly.

We were sitting in the lounge playing with some farmyard toys and I casually dropped the question "Do you remember the time before you were here?" (or something like that). I fully expected him to look at me like I was crazy, but he just carried on playing and said "What? When I was a girl?". My eyes nearly popped out of my head and I would have given anything to probe further but I didn't think it was my place to do that with a child who wasn't my son and so I changed the subject.

That really is interesting ... how bad did you have to bite your tongue not to keep the conversation going? I do agree with you, though, that you could not pursue the conversation, but to have the information that close ... dang ....

Thankyou for your response Mama2HRB :)

Actually, biting my tongue came surprisingly easy because I was sitting there suddenly faced with the reality of this little boy actually RESPONDING to a PL question (and truth be told, I wasn't expecting it!) and the minute he responded, I felt this huge rush and weight of responsibilty and knew that these memories weren't for me to 'experiment' with purely because I was desperate to know. I knew that if he needed to remember a life/lives for healing or development purposes, that he would do so in his own time and it wasn't my place as his babysitter to drag them out of him! I did feel frustrated though because I knew that if he DID ever make some PL statements, his mother would never recognise them for what they were.

It was weird, the minute he responded - I physically felt the weight of responsibility slam down on me that people have when dealing with children's past lives. Does that make sense? It didn't stop my curiousity though and I watched and listened to him like a hawk from then on, waiting to hear if he'd spontaneously recall something...but alas, he didn't.

Interestingly, his little sister was really boisterous and everyone described her as almost boyish in the way she played and in her fearlessness. I just smiled to myself and wondered if once, they had been brother and sister the other way around one time.

:)

It was weird, the minute he responded - I physically felt the weight of responsibility slam down on me that people have when dealing with children's past lives. Does that make sense?

Definately ... that is what keeps me in check ... my niece has experiences very similar to my child when she was young - but they have decided not to talk to her about it, that it is not real. To me it is a bummer, because that is kinda what happened to my child, and it makes it more difficult when they get older.

Sometimes I think adults are scared of what they might find out, and that stops them. My sister is on the fence about all of this, and I think that was a reason she made the decision. Hopefully she will not dismiss what she does say, tho, or hush her up.

"...built like a football player and had a boys' body wasted on a girl....":)

This sounds kind of like my own daughter, now 5. Although at the same time
cute and charming in a girlie way she´s also got this steam-train wrestler kind of build and the personality to match it. She loves to be the boss even playing with kids several years older (not that we don´t do all we can to lay down the limits for her behaviour ... It just seems to be a natural thing for her...;) :rolleyes: ) Which does tie in with other PL clues, things she´s said, etc. (like persistently wanting to go the bathroom standing up boy-style...:))

E.g. she once said her name was ´Puba´(not Poomba, incidentally, she was 2 and had never seen the Lion King). I found the name to be of use as a male name in India (not common but apparently it does exist) which also checks out with an ´announcing dream´ my wife had (before knowing she was pregnant) of going to India to fetch the soul of a dying old man.

Although now, with her natural chief-like airs... I´m kind of beginning to suspect my daughter could have actually (maybe) meant Puba as in "Grand Puba", which originally seems to have been a kind of Persian Maharaja or some such (I forget exactly). Which reminds me, for a long time she used to like to sit and wave and smile in a royal-style manner out the window of the back-seat while riding in the car (to nobody apparent). She was kind of private about this, never liked us noticing.

(I originally wrote about this in a thread entitled ´Little Yogi´)

Do people switch gender in different lives?

Yes, I believe so. I can remember being a teenage Jewish boy in Germany in my last life.
Died being shot when I came out of a burning barn.

This life I am female. Have always felt "unfeminine" although my husband things I'm the sexiest thing alive. Go figure!

I had a guy friend who looked way too much like a girl. He had very long eyelashes, and had a sensitive emotional streak. He tried to suppress the emotional streak but he acted like a girl in many ways. I think about him when I think of ppl being trapped in the wrong gender body. I thought every one had a choice as to which body they wanted to go into--whether they wanted to be born male or female.

Originally posted by Obie
I think about him when I think of ppl being trapped in the wrong gender body. I thought every one had a choice as to which body they wanted to go into--whether they wanted to be born male or female.

I think the issue isn't so much the choice, but not remembering the choice.

Imagine...

A woman went to sleep one day and while she was asleep she chose to change gender. When she woke up she had a man's body. He retains no conscious memories of having lived as a woman, they were all erased after the choice was made.

But his subconscious memory is full of that life's memories. It causes him to act and feel like a woman.

Wouldn't he feel trapped in a man's body?

I have heard of a case where one little boy around 3,4 years old was convinced he was a girl and his parents who had no pastlife knowledge were starting to get concerned and they were told not to worry it was common for young children to have some gender confusion. When I heard of this little boy I wondered if it could be pastlife related.

i just posted on this issue, some of you may be interested in reading it. the post is called "Gender Identification & Reincarnation."

thanks for sharing this!
missy :)

Wow!

I just had to say something, i, myself, hate to wear a dress! I love jeans and a t-shirt! I feel like a tomboy myself, and i am 49, and have always felt like this, however, i loved my wedding gown 28 years ago, anyway, i love men, but i definitely do not like to dress up! So, that just goes to show you, and one of my good friends, a man, is gay, and he loves to get dressed up, you know, we are all people, and does it really matter what your orientation is! Love is Love, God is Love! Whatever you choose, as long as your a good person with a great heart! kathy

Gender issues

I believe the soul must experience both genders in order to develop properly. Perhaps, people who feel like one gender "trapped in the body of the other" are people who overly identify with one gender. In this case, their being "trapped in the opposite gender" is meant to be therapeutic, and is essential for their well-being.

My wife once said I was a "lesbian trapped in the body of a man" but that's another issue altogether :D

Changing sexes

Hi everyone: I'm new to this forum but I love it. I'm a certified hypnotherapist and took a course in Life Between Lives. I say this to tell a quick story. I regressed my sister to the life before this one, which was a lonely male, very little contact with people but he said he had lots of girlfriends but they didn't stay around long. He was too mean. When he got to the other side, his guide said "well, you didn't take care of that temper. Maybe you should be a woman next time." She said I do not want to be a woman. They get pushed around too much.
She's under five feet tall and built like a truck, but she certainly doesn't get pushed around. She's working on her temper.
I thought that was extremely interesting.

Hi pmahs,
Welcome to the forum! :)

What an interesting story! Thanks for sharing it with us.
We have a section in the forum that is dedicated to Past Life Regression. We would love to hear about some of your experiences if you're willing to share.

I hope you enjoy the discussions! :)

Hi pmahs,
Welcome to the forum. I think that people that have gender issues have residual past life issues. Like the little boy who insisted he was a girl. It seems so obvious. I was wondering though if it has come up in other regressions that you have done besides your sisters.
Vicky

Boys & girls

Hi Vicky: Thanks for the welcome. I was in practice for three years, and had several who were a different gender in the past, but no other gender issues in this life stemming from the past.
I did have one woman who was a friend; a very strong women's rights and women's lib protester. However, when she was regressed to the past (not the most recent life) she was a very strict mormon man who was moving his family to the "Great Salt Lake." He talked very matter of factly, and told me that his daughter was to be married. I asked if he approved of the man she would marry, and he said "oh yes, she will serve him well."

She was in total disbelief when I told her about it when she was out of hypnosis. I had to play back the tape in order for her to believe me. She could not believe that she was so male chauvanistic in that life and so different now.

I thought this was one of my own posts!

I posted on here a few years ago about my friend's son who sad the same thing, at about age 6. We used to live near them and our children played together often--boys and girls (between us, we had eight children and a zilion toys)--but this child always headed straight for the tea cups and dress-up toys. He loved "girl" things, wanted to take ballet lessons, etc.

My friend said that her son had told her, "I wanted to be born a girl, but God said I had to be a boy."

So your post caught my eye.:)

Kim

4 year old boy who believes he is a girl

I have a son who is almost 4, and for the past year and a half he has been obsessed with "girl" things. He loves dressing up and pretending he is a girl, and he does it a lot! He often asks me if he is a boy or a girl, and sometimes he just tells me he is a girl. He will draw himself as a girl with long hair and wearing a dress. He does have two older brothers (no sisters),who are very much into "typical" boy things, as role models. I understand gender identity may be an entirely different issue, but i was wondering if this can be a common occurence with a child remembering a past life. Not only does he claim he is a girl, but recently, within the past 6-7months, he has talked about his "grandfather in the white house". He has two grandfathers now, but they are never called "grandfather". They have always been called "pa" and "pupa", and neither of them live in a white house. He has also told me that his grandfather takes care of babies, and, most recently (this past week) told me his baby's name is "Delia", a name that is very unfamiliar, I have never known or met one, and I am almost certain he has never also. Are these possible signs of a past life, or is my son just an over imaginative child?

Hi elaine sullivan! :)

I suggest you keep a journal for your son. He could be just using his imagination but he could also be having a PL memory.
Have you read Carol's books yet? Children's Past Lives and Return From Heaven? They are great!!!

Keep us posted! :)

Hi Elaine,
I think they are possible signs of a past life. I'd wait until he brings it up again and very gently ask him what else he remembers. When my son is remembering if I ask more than one or two questions, even just for clarification, it seems to side track him or distract him so i try not to ask anything. However, you are still trying to determine whether or not this is a memory.
For right now, you might want to read Carol Bowman's book 'Children's Past Lives' if you haven't already. Also, you can search the FAQ section and there is a thread about the 4 signs that your child is remembering a past life.
One of them is consistency in the story and he seems to be consisitent.
Vicky

Back