• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Current tragedy, evidence of...what?

usetawuz

Senior Registered
This is not meant in any way to take away from, or minimize the tragic shooting in Denver, CO; the effects of such a senseless act will resonate for years. My intent is to bring to light something that struck me; a "coincidental" element which gave me pause.

One of the victims of the Colorado shooting, a tv sports reporter, recently "just missed" being present at a mall in Toronto where a shooting took place in June. She blogged that her payment receipt at that location read 6:20, and she was immediately overcome by a hugely unsettling feeling which forced her to leave the area rapidly. Then a gunman opened fire at 6:23. She just missed one deadly encounter, only to end up in another.

This is somewhat reminiscent of the male Virginia Tech shooting victim who surprisingly survived the massacre, but died in a one-car accident on the way home from the hospital where he had been treated for his wounds.

What can this tell us? I am still struggling with it, but will write when I can assemble a cogent thought.

I think, at least for me, it goes back to what I was saying in other threads about energy building up around lines of possibility.

Perhaps, when the killers were gearing themselves up for what they were about to do, they created enough of a disturbance in terms of time and space that reordered the arrangement of energy and particularly sensitive people were able to detect the shift and thus avoided the area.

Throughout history there's been many stories of people saying that just didn't feel right about getting on a bus / plane etc. Perhaps this is the source?

Very possibly so, Totoro. And I agree with your thoughts of energy building around potential events.

I was looking at it more along the lines of what is it in their lifeplans which might have required their passing in such circumstances? She just missed one event and caught another similar event, while the VaTech man caught one event, survived, but found another method? Might it simply be their passing at approximately "this time" was what they had planned, and so long as that happened the plans of others their passing would directly affect will be on schedule? More questions than answers...

Oh I see what you mean, I'm sorry.

I'd like to try and answer, but my head is just not with it today :laugh: I'm still trying to recover from vacation.

I can see what you mean, that in events were planned, they got derailed and the universe or they were trying to get things back on track.

i think it just goes to show that small things can have big consequences. I don't believe in predestination to the point that we don't have any free will, but there's always a sort of moving cloud of probability that moves along with us.

Perhaps these peoples deaths were predetermined to be a finite point in time, which in turn held more energy that kept it from being rewritten.

I guess in this sense a predetermined death is harder to avoid, whilst if one suffered an accidental death, you can catch up in the next life.

Sort of speaking of which, a mutual acquainted of ours hinted that my previous life's death may have been predetermined in that her birth and her death dates were both encoded in my name. I wanted more information on that, but sadly, i didn't get any.

Your comments resonate with me...pre-determined subject to free will seems to encapsulate the idea more clearly than predestination. To me, probabilities are the basis of the lifeplan and energies are focused in that direction...free will can turn everything off, or it can redirect, or delay matters, though it seems to me without a deliberate and focused effort, free will cannot know to focus on "not getting shot", or any such pre-determined event. It could appear that in our two examples above the predetermined event was delayed, but not cancelled...hmmm.

As for our deaths being predetermined, I tend to believe it. I have seen an entirely different lifepath with two different subsequent lives that would have occurred had I not actually died in 1905. If that tire didn't blow and cause the accident which killed me in 1905, I would have lived to the age of 44 and died of a lung disease, been reborn and died in Viet Nam as an american soldier, then reborn in the late '90's as my current parent's grandchild...all naturally subject to any other acts of free will or predetermined activities!

Usetawaz,

I actually headed here to discuss the same thing.

HERE IS A LINK TO THE STORY

I wonder if in her lifeplan she had decided this time to exit in a tragedy, was somehow forewarned and still had her destiny to fulfill?

Or, is it just that the mere double occurrence is the destiny, to get people to think about all the rest that is out there?

I just don't know ....

usetawuz said:
What can this tell us? I am still struggling with it, but will write when I can assemble a cogent thought.
Events like this, with the greatest of respect, always remind me of the films "Final destination". Basically, if you luckily avoid death when your time should have been up, death will 'catch you'.

I've thought about these sort of things happening in real life before. One theory I think is possible is that we are probably supposed to play 'another role' in our family (reincarnate as our brothers son, for example) and if the time for us to exit our current incarnation comes to move to our next, then something like this may happen. If we miss our 'death date' due to something we done during free will, maybe other stuff will happen because it's just our time to go.

This also links up to accidents that happen to people that may be seriously lucky to live or they could have at least been seriously hurt. We've all had they "My guardian angel must have been looking out for me" moments. Maybe we are protected against the dangers of our own free will by spirits if we are not ment to leave the physical world at that very moment.

Sorry if I've miss read the question or if I've started rambling.. I'm really tired lol!

I was thinking about this earlier and a part of me feels like people in such circumstance are supposed to die; it's their destiny. I don't think anyone deserves to die in a shooting or anything like that, but when it's your time, it's your time. It's too much of a coincidence in my opinion to be brushed off.

I live close to this theater. In fact I was just there two days before this tragedy happened with my children to watch Brave. If I didnt have this cold that I have now I was going to take my aunt who is visiting from California to watch the midnight premier of the Dark Night. I was sick so I didn't take her. I am glad I happened to not go that night. I am grateful that my family wanted to wait until I was better to go. I find that I am preoccupied with what could have happened. I wonder if situations continue to reappear in ones life?

Red Night said:
I was thinking about this earlier and a part of me feels like people in such circumstance are supposed to die; it's their destiny. I don't think anyone deserves to die in a shooting or anything like that, but when it's your time, it's your time. It's too much of a coincidence in my opinion to be brushed off.
I have formed the idea that one's lifeplan determines what our "destiny" shall be, subject to free will, which seems evident with the victim's freely avoiding one shooting and not avoiding the second one. And another example provided with the Virginia Tech victim.

As for "deserving to die in a shooting", I sense that the cause of death isn't about "deserving" at all, but rather it is simply an effective method to quickly transition from the physical and to enact the lifeplan chosen by our higher selves to affect certain circumstances in our material world. The role the victim played in this life was one of a young, attractive, successful and positive individual who was an asset to society...and her passing in such dramatic fashion affects many more people than simply those who knew and loved her. For one thing, her death clearly illustrated the value of a life, and how quickly and easily it can be lost.

I cannot describe the purpose of the lifeplan this woman lived, however I have spent my life with the understanding that there is way more going on behind the scenes of our lives than we have any ability to comprehend, and the small views behind the curtain I have obtained have shown me intense, nearly unbearable, levels of love and compassion and only purpose driven activities.

Back