• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Game about reincarnation - Survey from developers

Maxon

Rep
Hello, fellow forum members.

My wife and I would like to develop a digital game about reincarnation. We have different ideas about mechanics of the game. And we would like to ask you about your gaming habits. We assume that people from reincarnation community would be the most interested in such a game and can provide valuable feedback. We composed a survey and would be grateful if you spare 5 minutes of your precious time and answer the questions: http://goo.gl/forms/WWudbnb5Zj

Currently we have two main ideas about the mechanics and plot of the game. One is Adventure by genre and the second is Puzzle. Here are short descriptions:

Adventure

​You are the soul who lives through the series of lives. You get a mission for every incarnation. You have a free choice to fulfil mission in light or dark manner or even ignore it. During incarnations you explore the world and encounter challenges which help your soul to grow. Amass wisdom and experience to become an enlightened soul.

Puzzle

As a guardian angel help and protect souls incarnated in physical world. But you can’t give orders to the souls as they have free choice and actually don’t hear you and doubt that you exist. Use indirect methods like signs, intuition, dreams, animals, weather, etc. to alter the behavior of people under your authority. Your guidance helps soul to grow and fulfil its mission in the world. Help the souls through the series of incarnations to develop and reach next level of existence.

If you have any comments or questions I would be glad to answer.

I have moved this to the Tea and Coffee Palace. I think it sits better here.

As to the question, I like the idea as a teaching tool. I would not like the 'competition' aspect to be overhighlighted. I think that might teach children the wrong values. Life is an exploration. It's not necessarily something you can 'win' or 'lose' at.

Rocky Rose, thank you.

Tanguerra, thank you. Sorry that didn't post it in appropriate thread in the first place. The game is intended for adults. You would compete only with yourself. Either you gain enough experience/spirituality during incarnations or not. And you can start over the cycle of Samsara to explore further the same levels of the game.

No problemo. Welcome to the forum by the way.

Sounds like an interesting concept for a kind of 'Second Life' type scenario?

Well, eventually, may be. The first instalment should be very simple in production. So I think it would be single player without online part.

The first idea seems like an RPG, so that's allright for me. I do not undertstand the second one. How would the weather be presented to me for example and how would I act upon it? What kind of game would it be similar to?

I go for the 1st idea as well, sounds pretty interesting, I would like to play that games. Good luck!

I so love to play an adventure reincarnation game, I wonder what happened to Maxon, his project is very interesting.

This thread has been here for 5 years now, would be awesome if we get some news from OP regarding his reincarnation-themed game!

The OP hasn't been online since they last responded to this thread back in 2016, and since the move to XenForo they probably aren't receiving emails that their thread is still active. Interestingly, their Google Form *is* still accessible. I would hazard a guess that this is a long-dead project. If anything had come of this the reincarnation community probably would have picked up on it by now.

Back