• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Germany in the 1550's

Ailish

Administrator Emerita
I have only shared with the innermost details of this life with one other person. It is interesting to note — that I recognize several people from that lifetime in my present one – and the revelations were somewhat startling -- at least to me! ;)

I will share a few memories and validations, from what I believe are Anabaptist times.

Quotes from my journal are in italics throughout:

First I found myself back in that little wooden house in Germany. I was small -- perhaps 5 years old and I was sitting in the corner. I was in someone's lap. The woman who held me was pregnant -- I could feel the bulge of her stomach, and had to sit sideways to avoid the bump. I knew -- I must be quiet. The old man was speaking and there was silence in the house. There were several families that lived there -- in the same house -- and it was mainly comprised of women and children. The older man seemed to be in charge of the house and younger men who came and went at all hours. All of the men had a lot of facial hair -- long beards, hats and very simple clothes. The women and children were also dressed simply -- all had head coverings and dark clothing.

"The men came in dark Anabaptist clothes and beards. Their wives wearing black head coverings." p. 289

"The Anabaptists practiced wearing loose-fitting, solid-colored clothes according to the manner of the land. Men usually wore knee pants tied around the waist with a sash. Women and girls, even little girls, wore head coverings." p.229-230

Then we were running through the forest. The woman was holding my hand. There were several other people there running with us. The woman stopped and put her hands on her pregnant stomach. Someone said "Johanna." She was panting -- and seemed to be in pain. She sat on the ground. I was holding onto the dress on her back -- it was gripped in my hand. It was dark but there were flames of light in the trees and voices. Hands were grabbing me.

Now, I naturally assumed my mother’s name was Johanna – even though it didn't really "feel" right. When I wrote about her in my journal -- I used "Johanna (if that was her name)" In fact, she was calling out for my father, who had already been killed months before. His name was “Johann.” Later on -- I found out her name was actually Ilsa.

A tiny little wooden box. Just my parents together in the house. My mother is making clothes for the baby brother. My father is giving that baby a bath in the wooden tub. All of him is blue. I don't understand. I am confused. My father asks me to wash the baby's feet. The water is cold -- I pull my hand back. My mother says "Johann," and has tears steaming from her eyes. She is sewing and sewing and not looking at my father. The "Will of God" echoes in my ears.

My mother and I ended up – in some sort of jail. She was extremely pregnant, without a husband, and trying to keep me – her five-year-old, safe from the men who had killed her husband – simply for his religious beliefs.

We were in a dark place. There was some sort of straw on the floor. Men were coming in and taking people out. The woman picked me up and was carrying me out. The sunlight hurt my eyes. There were people gathered all around. A wooden block was in the middle of them. They took me from the woman's arms -- she was screaming. Two men were holding her. The were speaking about God. She was shaking her head and screaming, still holding her stomach -- reaching one hand out in front of her.

A man was holding me around the middle, my left arm pinned under him. Another man put my right hand on the wooden block. A third man was standing above -- he had an axe of sorts -- and he swung it down, cutting off the fingertips of my right hand.


I found validation in that memory:
Deidrich von Schonberg had many Anabaptists beheaded, drowned and killed in other ways at Alzey. His men searched for them, dragging them from houses and leading them like sheep to slaughter in the city square. Of the believers not one recanted. They went joyfully to their deaths. While some were being drowned and beheaded the rest sang while they waited their turn. A few of them who they did not want to kill right away they tortured by chopping off their fingers, by burning crosses into their foreheads and through many other evil means. -- p. 204

My death, also follows the above pattern – it came soon after the incident with the fingers, although I am not too certain about the passage of time, it couldn’t have been that long.

Then we were outside at night. Men with torches were all around. Again -- they took me from my mother's arms. The man who was holding me -- was the pitt-faced man I saw before. My mama screamed my name "Christina." They took her and stood her on a platform -- a noose around her neck. She was still pregnant -- her belly was very large now. She had both arms wrapped around her stomach. She was crying. The men put me in the large tub of water. They were holding me under. I couldn't breathe. I felt -- it was a baptism of sorts -- but it went horribly wrong.

My mother is screaming. I am in the water. I am cold. My hand hurts. I cannot breathe. Each time they bring me to the surface I hear her more clearly. She is calling my name. I am choking. They hold me above the water for a few moments and I look her in the eyes. She is cradling her stomach, her arms around her unborn child, singing. I feel my mother's love and as I call her name "Mama", they push me under the water again.


I know Reynardine has written about her Anabaptist life here.

I am curious -- if anyone else recalls a life during the Anabaptist times? I'd love to share notes -- and I'll bet Reynardine would, too! :D

Aili
 
Wowww...

That is some really intense stuff! How tragic and sad!!

I completely forgot until I read your post about a vision my husband had. I don't remember the details but will ask him. What I remember was that it was maybe 14th-16th century and either he was being burned or he was witnessing burnings of loved ones in a town square or some such. I will ask him the details tonight and relay them.
 
What a horribly tragic and sad story Ailish. Thanks for sharing it. Luckily, none of my memories have been of that nature.

John
 
I guess I'm lucky -- that I don't see it as tragic and sad. ;)

When I look at a lifetime -- I look at the whole. Christina was loved, had a great home, good parents and lived within a caring community.

I believe -- she learned a great deal about love, and about compassion for others. Between that lifetime -- and several others, I believe my understanding of "freedom of choice" grew considerably.

Terrible things have been done to so many people across history, and this is just one small instance. Whatever Christina went through at the end of her lifetime -- was but a very small part of it.

I feel more sadness for her mother Ilsa -- who lost her baby son, her husband, her daughter -- and probably the child she was carrying, as well as her own life.

Mainly -- I am fascinated by the knowledge that people who were there with me at the time -- carried on, had other lives in between -- and are now back again.

That is a thought -- that always makes me smile. :)

Aili
 
Okay! Here's what he told me.

He thinks it was the end of the dark ages or the middle ages. It was a small village with a central open area (like "the center of town"). The "streets" were dirt, not cobblestone but the buildings were one story stone structures with thatched roofs ("not shingled") and although there was a center/central area, the buildings were scattered outward about "two deep" all the way around the center. It was a mountainous region and surrounding the village were a combination of trees and fields.

It was day time and he said that people (which he said were basic peasants - - nobody "flamboyant") were lining two sides of the street and a big bon fire had been built right in the middle of the open central area. Two or three men were restraining him while others dragged a woman who was very important to him (mother, sister, wife, daughter, ???) to the fire.

And that's it. He said the vision cut-off before he actually saw her thrown into/onto the fire.
 
:eek: Whoooa!

My first thought -- was the European witch trials. I know many innocent women (men and children, too) lost their lives during that period in history.

Often -- the whole "trial" never happened, and groups of vigilante "neighbors" took the law into their own hands.

I assume -- much of the same happened during the Anabaptist years, and countless other periods of history.

Does your husband get any sense of the country where this happened?

I'm really curious now! : angel Perhaps you can get him to do a meditation with you! ;)
 
You have the perfect attitude about past life memories Aili. While the episode was tragic and sad, and your mother's fate worse yet, the lessons you learned are what is important. That can be very difficult to remember when reading many of the stories offered here.

John
 
Hmmm you could be right about the witch trials. I told him what you said and he said, "That's kind of what I suspected - - if I had to suspect anything." He has major issues with Christianity that I know, in my heart, come from PL, and I could easily see an event like that kind of tainting one's opinion!

I asked him about location and he says he feels like it would have been a mountainous region in or around Germany, maybe Switzerland or Austria.

Oh, and this vision actually came to him when we were meditating together. It's been a long time - - maybe I can persuade him to do more meditations with me and see where it takes us.

And I agree with John -- your attitude about tragic past life events is super!
 
I believe I have some kind of a connection to Anabaptism, but as it's still a mystery to me, I'll remain silent for now. ;)

Biggotry in its many forms seems to have been a pattern in many of my past lives.

Aili, your PL experiences and your take on them continues to amaze me. :thumbsup:

Karoliina
 
Kat, I find it interesting that you and your husband have tragic memories of burning fire, your anxiety and his dreams. I thought maybe there is a reason why you are together, maybe it is something you both can overcome together. I just found the coincides to be maybe pointing out something.

Ailish, the way you look at your past lives is wonderful, such a tragic death and you dealt with it with so much wisdom.
Makes me wonder.. I noticed you live your life with a lot of peace, between the rest in the meaning; the way you believe in forgiveness and as I read before- you are not afraid to be in complete pitch dark room and meditate (I don’t handle the darkness well). I wonder if the way you feel is because such a life full of love and many others possibly. I wonder if lives without being loved or giving love to others will make certain people feeling unsafe, un peaceful inside, with a find of fear and deep loneliness everywhere they go in their next lives??

Or maybe the moment of death is the one that counts.. Comparing to the way you died knowing you were loved and someone else’s death- a person which was unmerciful to others or simply lived with a big lack of love.

I don’t know if my questions are clear, but I am the kind that is very afraid from the dark and always feeling that deep anxiety- ’no one would never love me’ type of thing even if that is completely not the truth and other negative fears when I was extremely young- towards me or towards others.
Many of my past lives memories are not of a happy moments of love- the memories are mainly about the somewhat cold way I treated others. or the cold way I was treated myself.
From here are my questions above, being loved in a past life- does it make such a difference about the way we feel inside when we are born to a new life(even when it comes to something silly as feeling uncomfortable in the dark=feeling unprotected=lack of love)? does the lack of giving or getting love creates our fearful experiences in the lives to come?

P.S
I hope it's not too hard to understand- langauge barriers..sorry
 
Hi Spring,

Ailish, the way you look at your past lives is wonderful, such a tragic death and you dealt with it with so much wisdom.

Thank you, Spring, but I have no more wisdom than anyone else – I just choose to use whatever past life memories I receive in a positive way – to benefit my life now, and in the future.

Makes me wonder.. I noticed you live your life with a lot of peace, between the rest in the meaning; the way you believe in forgiveness and as I read before- you are not afraid to be in complete pitch dark room and meditate (I don’t handle the darkness well).

I've never been afraid of the dark -- because in the darkness comes the Light. It was my own personal nightlight. :D

I try to be as peaceable as possible – but I still have my moments, where forgiveness is hard, or being positive feels like the worst thing in the world. I know that turning my mindset around – even when I am absolutely miserable – will eventually work for the greater good. ;)


I wonder if the way you feel is because such a life full of love and many others possibly.

I don’t know, Spring. I DO know that love is the most important thing in the world. In many of my past lives – I did have good families or at least someone in my life who loved me very much. I didn’t always treat the people who loved me well. In this life – I’ve learned that you don’t need a whole bunch of people surrounding you to be loved. A handful of people – who love you without reservation, unconditionally is the best gift one could receive. I’ve also learned – that “family” doesn’t necessarily mean the people you were born to – it’s the people you want to be with – the ones who make you laugh and smile, who hold you when you’re sad – or offer advice when you need it. It's not “blood ties” that bind you together – it's heartstrings ;)

I wonder if lives without being loved or giving love to others will make certain people feeling unsafe, un peaceful inside, with a find of fear and deep loneliness everywhere they go in their next lives??

Possibly – but it could also make them extremely loving, warm people, too. And vice versa – people who had past lives where they were loved enormously, may feel sad, lonely or bereft in this life – if the love is not the same. It depends on what you are holding in consciousness.

Or maybe the moment of death is the one that counts.. Comparing to the way you died knowing you were loved and someone else’s death- a person which was unmerciful to others or simply lived with a big lack of love.

I am absolutely certain this is the case – that what people are focused on at the time of death, they will create in their next lives. I know – there were times in my pl’s I felt very unloved, ignored – or abandoned by my mother, and I believe that partially created the situation I was born into in this life. This life has probably been one of the biggest lessons I’ve had to learn on compassion, forgiveness and love. I hope I remember it during my next lifetime! ;)

From here are my questions above, being loved in a past life- does it make such a difference about the way we feel inside when we are born to a new life

In my opinion – absolutely. Thoughts, feelings and emotions are powerful things.

P.S
I hope it's not too hard to understand- langauge barriers..sorry

Your English is great! :)

Ailish
 
Hi Ailish,
I have no more wisdom than anyone else – I just choose to use whatever past life memories I receive in a positive way – to benefit my life now, and in the future
That a beautiful way of thinking, this is the porpuse of reincarnation after all.

I've never been afraid of the dark -- because in the darkness comes the Light. It was my own personal nightlight.
I have most of the lights in the house on at night. I wish I knew why I am so scared.
Few nights ago I had this feeling (I know it but I was able to actually feel it), about the world, that reality is not really real and we create what we see. I felt like there is just me, everyone else is an aspect of this 'one me'- which means everything is one, we all just an aspect of a 'ONE', there is no separation. Instead of finding fullfilness and happiness about it I found it extremely terrifying, it felt so lonely, like nothing really exsist, my daughter is not really my daughter and.. we believe we exist and it makes it real. I felt also like everyone will be gone and I will be left all alone, for eternity.
I never felt so helpless and terrified/lonley in my life, I was shaken in my bed, I couldn't breath till my husband heard my screems and rushed to the room.

Why did I not find such an existence to be rewarding.. I don't know. I thought it must have to do with a pl, an impact of a life/death full of loneliness and neglect- maybe that's where my deep 'no one would never love me' feeling comes from. I used to have those attacks when I was a very small child.
Than I saw your post with so much acceptence. I thought those short life that ended so tragic, what a gift, it must gave your soul such a fulfillment. Like those life were there for those last moments, dying knowing that you were loved, That's priceless

“family” doesn’t necessarily mean the people you were born to – it’s the people you want to be with – the ones who make you laugh and smile, who hold you when you’re sad – or offer advice when you need it. It's not “blood ties” that bind you together – it's heartstrings

That's true, I feel myself very fortunate to be serounded with so many people who trully love me.
My feeling of 'no one would never love me' is something deeper in my existense as I was always serounded by someone who loves me. It's more of a deep unexplained fear- I will be left all alone and it would probably feel/be like eternity.

people who had past lives where they were loved enormously, may feel sad, lonely or bereft in this life – if the love is not the same

That's a great point, I never thought about it before.

This life has probably been one of the biggest lessons I’ve had to learn on compassion, forgiveness and love. I hope I remember it during my next lifetime!
I feel the same about it. In my most previous life I treated my daughter like she was a burdan on my life, compassion was something I blocked, what an unappreciative life.

In my current life I was treated in a similar way, it was a big lesson but it taught me how to love and forgive, to appreciate the simple gift of love. I feel like I finally got it- took a lot of pain and who knows how many incarnations to get it through my head.
My daughter is my gift of love, I thank her everyday for choosing me to be her mother, for coming to my life and spreading her loving light, what a gift.
 
SPRING said:
My daughter is my gift of love, I thank her everyday for choosing me to be her mother, for coming to my life and spreading her loving light, what a gift.

That is so sweet, Spring! It sounds like you have a very special relationship with your daughter.

MoonDansyr said:
Oh, and this vision actually came to him when we were meditating together. It's been a long time - - maybe I can persuade him to do more meditations with me and see where it takes us.

Did you ever have the opportunity to try another meditation with your husband? I am curious -- about his memories. :)


Aili
 
I was just looking through old notes.
It seems I have a 'memory' from Germany in the 1500's.
It says: merchant with a velvet baret and a young carpenter in Augsburg.

I've looked through old pictures, some things look familiar, but I can't remember the memory :D

Curious Girl.
 
Wow, Curious Girl, that sounds intriguing. ;)

I'd love to hear more about it if something comes up for you :)


Ailish
 
Back
Top