• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

helping my kids remember pl's

callie

i'm hoping for suggestions from other parents out there who found a gentle way to help there children remember their past lives.

remembering mine has been such a healing experience, and i'd love for my own children to have that same benefit (they are six years old and four years old). at the same time, I don't really feel comfortable sitting down with my kids and saying straight out, "you had lives before this one, do you remember any of them?" i feel like i might be planting ideas in their head, or making them feel pressured to remember something: I don't want them to think i'll be dissappointed if they don't remember anything. i know it would be better if they remembered them spontaneously, but i wonder if there's a good way to gently help this happen.

my oldest son gets very angry from time to time, and instinctually i feel that it has something to do with a past life. i've read carol's book, children's pst lives, and i'd love my children to come into their own awareness as her's did. i'd appreciate any advice.

Hi Callie,

I agree with Fab. I think it's best to allow your kids to remember on their own.

As you can see in this thread, Carol Bowman will not regress a child under the age of eleven

[thread=9177]Using hypnosis with children[/thread]

Ailish

I am in the same boat you are. i would love to help my child remember his past lives and a couple of years ago he seemed to be doing it on his own and now nothing. I had always heard that as teh age you lose a lot of that memory. i too was wondering if there was a way to help him remember, so i will be keeping up with your post thread as well. also i find it interesting the help finding about your own had. i would love to find ut more of my own. i am looking for suggestions in that area as well...does anyone have any advice or maybe some threads i could read. I am new to the site and am not very good with navigating it yet. there is so much info here i am trying not to get overwhelmed.

My oldest son gets very angry from time to time, and instinctively I feel that it has something to do with a past life.
Dealing with the issue of anger is far more important than knowing anything about past lives. Inability to deal with anger could be the result of many occurences over many lifetimes. Knowing any particular instance from a past life that resulted in anger will probably not be of much help. Since your son is only six years old, he can benefit from guidance and example set by adults in his life. Since anger is such a basic human flaw, I cannot think of anything other than yoga and meditation to deal with it. Since he is a child, he will need an adult to hold his hand along the way.

kris - thankyou for your advice. actually, we practice youga and meditation daily as a family.

Maybe anger isn't the best word, sometimes it feels more like frustration and an inibility to express his emotions. i've found what works best to get him calmed down is deep breathing and guided imagery. I have him visualize a warm, sandy beach etc... it works quite well. my husband and i are both extremely even keel, and we do our best to set a good example.

i guess i was just looking for some guidance on how to help him be open to recieving and trusting what he remembers on his own.

Back