• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

How strong would you mark your belief in reincarnation out of 100% ?

Cyrus, You can look this up on google my friend. As many scientist today are questioning the nature of consciousness itself. And with a better understanding of quantum physics it seems that consciousness might be a part of the natural fabric of the cosmos itself and has been all along. This knowledge will lead many into understanding how consciousness operates within the higher dimensions of our universe. Until then the only way to prove this is for one to have a personal experience themselves. However this can only happen when consciousness allow memories of experiences from these other dimensions to filter thru down into the physical brain.

However at the present stage of most human beings, most don't remember their dreams, yet we all dream 4 or 5 times every night even if we don't remember them. This is a natural function of the astral senses opening up while we sleep at night. So we all have various experiences of these higher dimensions but our physical consciousness has a hard time trying to bring those memories of what we did back into our awaken consciousness here. And because we don't remember them we simply write them off as never existing at all. But in reality they do. And there lies the conundrum.

Love and peace.

P.

I don't find anything like this on Google, that's why I asked for some references.

As for the quantum physics - it is absolutely hostile to consciousness, to life itself.

Only in the classical limit, when De Broglie wave lengths of the quantum objects tend to zero and probabilistic quantum effects dissapear, is life possible.
The biological laws only work in the classical (not quantum) limit. And thence - the consciousness related to life. Sorry, but I don't know what consciousness not related to life is.

There may be, of course, some kind of concsiousness not related to biology, but I don't see any need to relate it to the quantum physics.

If we want to be purely spiritual, we don't need any purely materialistic excuses like the quantum physics, and vice-versa. As far as I can see, there is no place for consciousness in the quantum physics.

Regards.

Last edited:
I don't find anything like this on Google, that's why I asked for some references.

Never heard that science is showing that small particles of matter have a consciousness either… Sounds pretty crazy, and not like science today at all.

But I looked a bit around regarding matter and consciousness. I found this theory and TED talk by an actual physicist to be an interesting read and watch at least:

https://www.sciencealert.com/this-physicist-is-arguing-that-consciousness-is-a-new-state-of-matter

However, that’s a very materialistic view again. It does not require anything spiritual like a soul. Basically it says consciousness arises whenever matter/particles are arranged in a certain, but complex way under certain conditions (like in our brain) and information is processed in specific, complex patterns as a result (which could also happen in a super-computer for example). That’s interesting to think about. This theory defines consciousness as a state of matter like solid, liquid, gas, but it does not say that single particles have consciousness or consist of consciousness.

Other theories that pop up on Google are something like this:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/does-consciousness-pervade-the-universe/#

This actually says particles have consciousness. But this is just a philosophical theory, not a scientific one, and it’s highly hypothetical. I don’t really get all of it, but to me this theory doesn’t answer the question “Why is there consciousness at all?” either.

Maybe that’s where some of the confusion regarding consciousness in particles of matter comes from?

Otherwise I assume it all originates from pseudo-science and mysticism like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mind
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mysticism

Once again, I don’t mean to offend anybody or shake anyone’s beliefs. But the thing is Google is not always your best friend. You always have to check your sources and the people behind them, too. If you don’t have a scientific background and you learn about science from websites that are not about actual real science (like it is taught by scientists and teachers in school and college), but from websites about spirituality, metaphysics, philosophy, alternative medicine, New Age etc., what you will get is usually a mix of misinterpretation, misinformation and pseudo-science.

Whatever physics-based theory we adopt, it must account for the apparent transfer of information and likely consciousness from an individual that des in the past, to a contemporary human.

Good question - without a doubt ;)

To answer the original question of this thread:

I’m like 80% sure that we continue to exist after death and that reincarnation is real. The other 20% are doubts and the fear that consciousness is just a product of the brain and that we cease to exist when the physical body dies, that there is just nothing after death. I can’t really imagine this, but this thought kind of scares me.

Well validated children’s reincarnation cases give me some level of certainty that reincarnation is a real thing. That’s why I really like to learn about them.

...Once again, I don’t mean to offend anybody or shake anyone’s beliefs. But the thing is Google is not always your best friend. You always have to check your sources and the people behind them, too. If you don’t have a scientific background and you learn about science from websites that are not about actual real science (like it is taught by scientists and teachers in school and college), but from websites about spirituality, metaphysics, philosophy, alternative medicine, New Age etc., what you will get is usually a mix of misinterpretation, misinformation and pseudo-science.

Excelent work and an excelent analysis, Ocean. Chapeau !

I was told to look for answers on Google, so now you (and I) understand that there are no answers there to that question (about consciousness in the tiniest pieces of matter).

It's difficult - if at all possible - to argue with logic against blind faith, so I'd better consider this question well closed.

Thank you again for all the trouble you've gone into to dig out such an amount of information.

I'll need some time to study it all thouroughly.

Best Regards.

Last edited:
I initially didn't believe in reincarnation at all. The only reason I tried a regression was just out of pure curiosity. And it really got me when I did some research and found out that the stuff I saw was historically accurate/consistent. So now I would say that although I now accept reincarnation as a possibility there is still a part of me that is skeptical about it. So maybe I guess my confidence level is currently at around 60%.

Last edited:
I initially didn't believe in reincarnation at all. The only reason I tried a regression was just out of pure curiosity. And it really got me when I did some research and found out that the stuff I saw was historically accurate/consistent. So now I would say that although I now accept reincarnation as a possibility there is still a part of me that is skeptical about it. So maybe I guess my confidence level is currently at around 60%.
The point you make about doing historical research and finding things to be accurate/consistent reminds me very much of the research of Dr Helen Wambach. Her main focus was in group sessions and gathering statistics, but the same kind of thing emerged: what people saw/experienced was consistent with the historical record.
Helen Wambach's Research

It also reminds me of the American police captain Robert Snow who was teased and pressured by a work colleague, and agreed to have a regression in order to prove that it was all nonsense. However, he found himself verifying the details and showing, to his dismay, that there was something in it after all.
Are there any verified past life accounts?

I really am convinced that there is an afterlife and we reincarnate. However, I cant help but have these negative thoughts in my head from time to time that maybe there is nothing after death, so my rating is 85-90%
Probably at about the same as you are.But I think this might change after reading some more scientific evidence about it.Or maybe it’s just because the belief that there is nothing after death is so hammered into my head by ppl like my peers that makes it hard for me to believe in it 100%.

100%, but the details, I don't pretend to know. I don't think reincarnation is limited to planet earth and the drama of any one solar system.

I also think it's true to say we die and that's it. I think the fact that knowing who you were in a past life is rare. Why?

Once I die here, that's it for me. No more. Nothing. Still, I will live on. I believe I will 'reincarnate' but also the me here and now dies when it dies.

Last edited:
100% but I don't know details and won't until I leave this life (and then probably only know a tiny fraction of what is).

Sorry, I also wanted to mention my christian friends who implore me to consider the idea I might be wrong (a la Oliver Cromwell's plaint to Charles I..."I beseech thee, from the bowels of Christ, might you be mistaken?")...what happens then? Well, if I'm wrong, their all-forgiving or vengeful God (dependent on the version of christian I'm discussing the matter with) will either forgive my curious belief, or I'll suffer the consequences...after all I was given free will, which I can argue may be a mitigating factor. Likewise, if I am right, I've just lived this lifetime to the fullest and obtained a sense of love and enjoyment that so far exceeds that produced by a lifetime spent avoiding guilt and shame and living a strict dogma espoused by men like me with a desire for power and control. I think I'm okay with that.

Well said. All of the Middle Eastern Holy Book religions are total, transparent frauds. It's scientifically demonstrable that our minds extend outside our physical brains. Reincarnation phenomena at least has some very good evidence, including physical effects, going for it.

Well said. All of the Middle Eastern Holy Book religions are total, transparent frauds. It's scientifically demonstrable that our minds extend outside our physical brains. Reincarnation phenomena at least has some very good evidence, including physical effects, going for it.

Hi Rod,

I can't agree with your "total, transparent frauds" statement when it comes to the Bible, but agree with what follows. BTW--there are and always have been reincarnationist Christians like myself, though obviously in the minority.

Cordially,
S&S

there are and always have been reincarnationist Christians like myself, though obviously in the minority

In my country, this is not a problem. There are many Christians who believe in reincarnation. In fact, being a Christian here is not the same as in the US.

edit: I don't want to engage in a religious discussion because I am not going to defend any kind of religion. Just saying that I've encountered many (!) Christians that try to follow the path and the message of Jesus C. instead of codifying a religious book. Not only with lay people, but I also was with ordained monks and nuns (not in the same cloister of course) that were extremely honest and integer. In fact, I've been with people of all kinds of religions in my life because I am a curious person myself.

Last edited:
In my country, this is not a problem. There are many Christians who believe in reincarnation. In fact, being a Christian here is not the same as in the US.

edit: I don't want to engage in a religious discussion because I am not going to defend any kind of religion. Just saying that I've encountered many (!) Christians that try to follow the path and the message of Jesus C. instead of codifying a religious book. Not only with lay people, but I also was with ordained monks and nuns (not in the same cloister of course) that were extremely honest and integer. In fact, I've been with people of all kinds of religions in my life because I am a curious person myself.

Hi Firefly,

The totals among Christians in the U.S. are in the 20-30% range, when polled confidentially. However, we remain under cover as this is not a belief accepted in most churches.

Cordially,
S&S

Everybody can believe what they want. As for me, I say "No" to ALL holy books, as I cannot believe that the Divine communicates through publishing companies. I find value in experiential shamanism.
I hope no one takes this in a personal way, just my opinion and my experiences.

Hi Rod,

Those who seek experiential knowledge of the divine and other higher things are typically referred to as mystics in Christianity rather than shamans, yogis or etc. However, as far as I can see, very few believers of any kind walk very far along the experiential path, Christian or otherwise.

I tend to believe that there is no true religion without "some" experiential component, even if not at the level experienced by mystics or shamans. But it also seems to me that those who walk that path are not ordinary believers and practitioners. They seem to be driven beyond the norm, and even to have a special "calling" on their life. (Indeed, this may describe you as well).

For those who are not, the records, words and traditions left by those who had experiential knowledge can help to fill the gap. These records, words and traditions were almost all, Christian or otherwise, passed down orally at the beginning. At some point, some or all of this compiled wisdom and revelation is usually written down. However, it definitely did not merely came from "publishing companies". If it did, it would be worthless.

Just my 2 cents.

Cordially,
S&S

Hi Rod and S&S, the last two post above mine are both beautifully articulated and true in their own right.

Rod... Please don't feel you are offending others by being true to your self and S&S... please continue sharing your 2 cents. I enjoy both of your expressions here.

Funny that I have a quote, something written down, that reflects Rods sentiments... Mystic teachings passed down to others as relayed by S&S...

"There is one Holy Book, the sacred manuscript of nature, which truly enlightens all readers."

And a little something I enjoy sharing...

To the question posed in the title of this thread...
Where I'm at. It isn't so much do I believe in reincarnation? It's more so... Is the past still alive? Am I sharing memories with others? Am I the same person I was in a past life? How is this intelligence connected- through every living thing, past- present and future?

Peace all... 🌎❤️

Hi Rod,

Those who seek experiential knowledge of the divine and other higher things are typically referred to as mystics in Christianity rather than shamans, yogis or etc. However, as far as I can see, very few believers of any kind walk very far along the experiential path, Christian or otherwise.

I tend to believe that there is no true religion without "some" experiential component, even if not at the level experienced by mystics or shamans. But it also seems to me that those who walk that path are not ordinary believers and practitioners. They seem to be driven beyond the norm, and even to have a special "calling" on their life. (Indeed, this may describe you as well).

For those who are not, the records, words and traditions left by those who had experiential knowledge can help to fill the gap. These records, words and traditions were almost all, Christian or otherwise, passed down orally at the beginning. At some point, some or all of this compiled wisdom and revelation is usually written down. However, it definitely did not merely came from "publishing companies". If it did, it would be worthless.

Just my 2 cents.

Cordially,
S&S
Total respect for your viewpoint.

Hi Cloud,

I loved the Youtube you linked. I used to dream of doing something like that once upon a time, but time, age, and family responsibilities wait for no man. My jaunt would probably be by canoe rather than on foot, but the principle is the same. Who knows . . . maybe I still can (if the old bod holds out ;)).

Cordially,
S&S

Hi Sea

We share a similar interest! I would love to learn how to survive, just knowing I could is a confidence booster. I grew up in the city, haven't the first clue how to make fire, build shelter, filter water, skin or gut an animal. It's the same for many of us living in the city, we've become disconnected from the very thing we were born into. Nature.

I'm between 99% and 100% but I'm not 100% on anything. There could always be another explanation. I'm above 99% based on my own personal experiences but it's possible that there are other explanations for these experiences. However, the explanation I don't believe at all is that past life regressions are deceptions from the devil.

I really am convinced that there is an afterlife and we reincarnate. However, I cant help but have these negative thoughts in my head from time to time that maybe there is nothing after death, so my rating is 85-90%
My belief in reincarnation is full 100%. I wrote my past life story in a post on this forum available to read. Not to repeat to much I had constant dreams from an early age always the same dream. I knew I was an older man in the dream not getting into specifics (you can on my post) the scenery was familiar as I walk in a door dream ends as I was murdered. I always had a deep fascination with the life of mobsters & gangsters around 20 I grabbed a book on the cover was the man I drempt of over & over as a child. My post is much more detailed if interested.

False memories can be planted or suggested by a hypnotist. This makes it difficult for a person to recognize a real memory to one that's been put in their mind. I wouldn't say it's literally the "devil" either. https://4dforum.org/case-study-63/
It's possible but in my case I don't see how it could be done. The hypnotist would have had to have done an incredible amount of homework to suggest the information I got from my past life regressions. Also, my past life regressions have shown me more details about the lives I saw in my previous regressions. The lives I saw as my past lives were consistent with each other even with different hypnotists.

100%. However, I tend to believe it is closer to the movie What Dreams May Come. Without going into spirituality or my own experiences, I do believe we have a choice to come back now or later. To me this explains why we have gaps between lives and sometimes don't. But I do believe there is an end goal to all of it.

As the Matrix was mentioned, I've occasionally wondered if we aren't just a massive VR game and souls are trying to win. Sort of like the Sims for souls. I mean I exist because I think I do...but what if my Sims I lock in the basement is just a weird Inception of Purgatory. 🤣

Back