• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Is it possible to end up in the wrong body?

wpnorman

This is my second post today. Guess I am full of curiosity and get some great answers here.

I wonder if it is possible, when selecting a body to reincarnate into, to somehow end up in the wrong one. The reason for the question is that I have always, as far back as I remember in this lifetime, felt as though I was in the wrong place (location) and especially the wrong family. lol I know some might say there are many of us who feel that way regarding being dropped in the wrong family. But seriously, for me even before considering reincarnation I felt that way. I do not look like nor have similar personality traits to anyone in my family. Every other family member have similar features, etc. Of course my paternity could be questioned but it is much much deeper than that. Curious about your thoughts? Could it be I wasnt ready to leave the last life?

wpnorman,

I would say no. It is your soul and your karma which prepares the body you are about to enter -- the process is very exact. Also, which the family we enter depends a great deal on karma. Yes, I also feel I do not belong in the family I am in, but I found out I am here because of some specific karma I had to wok out with particular family members.

Thank you for the reply. That makes sense to me. I do feel that I was born into a family of strangers though. It is like when, maybe as a child, you went to visit a distant relative during summer break and felt home sick for some place other than there. Also, the feeling that you just simply dont belong with these people because you are so different on many levels. How can I decipher what I am to do to work things out with them so that I dont end up with them again? I must have done something really bad last time around to end up with them. In fact, I left the home at age 15 and was able to take quite good care of myself from that point forward. My contact with them is very minimal primarily due to the fact that I have always felt like a stranger among all of them, including cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. So, I desperately want to know why I ended up with them and what must be fixed before it is too late and I have to repeat another lifetime with them.

I've never felt I belonged with my family either. I was always treated differently, always treated more...harshly...than my sister or cousins. I never felt loved or wanted although I had all the basics - food, clothing, shelter, toys.

When I found out about my prior life before this one, I started to wonder if maybe I had been "soul switched" or taken from the parents that I should have been with. In my prior life, I was loved, had wonderful loving parents who adored me to a point of spoiling me but I died in 1962 at the age of 8. I came into my present life in 1964. My present life has been so difficult, I wonder why I didn't return to my "other" parents. I felt as if maybe there had been a struggle or something and another soul had taken my place. Given the choice of parents, I know I would have definitely gone back to my previous parents instead of the ones I would presently call "mom and dad".

I posted a similar question once (but I don't know how to link it, sorry) and the replies I received were excellent. It's under a thread titled:
Just an odd question on souls, pre-birth....

Ta. ;)

Thanks Karoliina! :thumbsup:

In fact, I left the home at age 15 and was able to take quite good care of myself from that point forward. My contact with them is very minimal primarily due to the fact that I have always felt like a stranger among all of them, including cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. So, I desperately want to know why I ended up with them and what must be fixed before it is too late and I have to repeat another lifetime with them.

I no longer have any contact with my "family" either. The only person I speak to now is my mother. I have always wondered why I ended up with these "people" but I've given up trying to figure out how to fix things. I feel lucky to have moved very, very far away from them and am happy moving on with my life. I try not to harbour any bad feelings as I don't want to end up with these people in another lifetime so I just try to forgive and go on with my life. Book closed, story ended, that sort of thing. However, forgiving is not an easy thing to do and I do at times find myself so angry...but again, I think...I don't want another lifetime with these people so I try to find a way to calm myself and tell myself that I need to forgive and let it go. That's the best I can do.

hey, wpnorman!
hi, is it possible to end up in the wrong body? yes,personally i feel that every body is the wrong body! so yeah, wrong body, right purpose.
I mean you get used to it, we are helpless twitching bundles of unco-ordinated and (debatable) joy for a while and always just long enough to get used to the feeling of being flesh and blood, but trust me, we are spirit and bodies are cumbersome, and we can't even fly, so it will always be the wrong body...in a sense.
as an after thought, at the point of my sons conception, i felt his soul slam literally,into my body..at the point of orgasm! crown chakra opened up and in he went!!!!that kind of shattered me as i felt a tremendous fear that was not my own! I remember thinking, **** thats a bit fast! impatience? ah well!...every vessel's useful!
I had his sex, his name AND his date of birth all worked out by the time his dad woke up, who looked at me as if I was truly nuts as I anounced "I'm pregnant"...(even though it wouldnt show up on a test for weeks).What i believe is that my son had died at around the time of conception in a violent way and instead of shopping round, went to the strongest karmic/soul link....me. poor bugger, he almost looks at me sometimes as if to say "you again? oh no!!" our relationship is certainly an ancient one!we sometimes argue, but for the most part we are so familiar with each other, its like two peas in the proverbial pod.

Jere:

You are speaking my language. That is EXACTLY how I felt then and feel now. I too have moved very very far away. I agree about the forgiveness part so as not to end up with them again.... However, someone had written on the post that we end up with these people because we have something to resolve with them or we will be with them again. That makes me nervous I must say and if that is the case I am desperate to know WHAT I need to resolve with these people.

yes,personally i feel that every body is the wrong body! so yeah, wrong body, right purpose.
I mean you get used to it, we are helpless twitching bundles of unco-ordinated and (debatable) joy for a while and always just long enough to get used to the feeling of being flesh and blood, but trust me, we are spirit and bodies are cumbersome, and we can't even fly, so it will always be the wrong body...in a sense.

I know that feeling that our soul groans at the confines of the human body, that part makes sense in every way. The feeling I describe is beyond that, almost a 'knowing' that they or this is not where I should be. After some of the replies from this post I feel liberated somewhat to consider that my feelings about ending up in the wrong family may in fact have some merit. It seems I have been in a big hurry since my early childhood to get through this life as quickly as possible. That is not in a suicidal way mind you. Just a feeling that I have something to do, dont know what it is, but want to hurry up and get out of here. Only recently did I truly mesh reincarnation with my other beliefs in a cohesive way. Now I feel that maybe that 'rush to get done here' has maybe been 'so I can get to where I should have ended up this time'. Someone on this post mentioned a battle or struggle of 2 souls for the same body. That is fascinating and seems plausible to me. If that were the case I guess one would have to choose another vehicle (body) then.

Your description of your son's soul entering your body at the moment of conception has me somewhat mesmerized. With my second to the last child I felt a similiar thing at that moment. I knew I was pregnant at that very time. It was not quite to the degree you described but similiar. I had no considerations of reincarnation at that time of my life and found the whole experience very strange. Coincidentally, of each of my 5 children she is the most tenatious and amazingly intelligent little thing. She was born at home. The night of her birth I placed her in the middle of the bed between myself and her father. She literally wiggled her couple of hour old body until she was snuggled up to me in an almost attached sort of way. She has clung to me since that day almost 9 years ago. Now that reincarnation has become so clear to me I am so curious about her in particular and her former relationship(s) with me. Such a very tiny little girl with such a big soul.

wpnorman..olla!
It had me mesmerized too! Maybe there was a fight to get in and that explains the fast slamming sensation? there may have been a queue???haha! but i did get the sense that his soul was afraid, like he'd died too soon and had to race back.Very intense, you see I was having an orgasm and I felt my head open up, (crown chakra) and his spirit came in,right down into the base chakra. tantric conception or what???his birthdate? no one believed me and i regretted even mentioning it to my friends....you know what people are like, they get all insecure if one makes these confident and outrageous announcements (of which I'm notorious).Its a strange type of envy on their part - I've observed the same phenomena over and over. anyway,
I'd been pregnant before but terminated...This was a kind of order, you know? I was internally told, right from the start to have this baby and assured that it would be the easiest thing I'd ever done! well...It was and still is...(though i cried for days as I didnt want to be a mum). I'm so glad I am!! perfect and enjoyable pregnancy.
I didn't experience any of the normal probs one has with kids, no terrible twos or sleep dep...he slept when i did and woke when i did - in full sync as a baby..felt so sorry for the other mums who looked like they hadn't slept in months.
even now, as he's 14, he's so close to me and senses what i'm thinking! scarey. Its like he's emotionally parenting me some days! Though forget the domestic duties,I'm definately his mum in that area lol.
He has given me advice about a relationship which turned out spot on. he was only 8 years old...sometimes I've had to remind him who the parent is!..but I do give him alot of room to be himself and he's grateful for that, as it's hard to find acceptance outside (with all its fears and judgements).
I was a total black sheep in my family, a painter, told every day that I would never make it. I did make it, am still making it, it was they who didnt understand so i dont have any bad feelings toward them..that's a key to ending those repetitive soul ties. forgive and realise, they dont yet understand. I Didnt get attatched to anyone , couldn't! had nothing in common at all!...and eventually found my own family..Its part of the process of illumination, that we often leave our blood ties behind and form the stronger spiritual bonds.My advice is dont worry about being trapped in a soul group. the moment you understand and forgive them, they'll let go anyway!

jere,
Have you ever noticed the profound changes that occur when there is the death, especially of a child, in a family? After the initial shock and despair, there is a huge opportunity for growth and acceptance. I feel that death can teach us so much more than we allow ourselves. perhaps your death gave the family you loved, insights and strength they would never have found without it, and maybe, the families we dont fit in with, are chances to experience surrender to what is? surrender is under-rated. surrender is a beautiful thing. the only way to end a struggle is to stop resisting...Imagine the grief your former family felt, at losing you. If we could allow ourselves to feel their grief, it might help us with what we experience now.
Lessons are rarely learned at the time of their teaching, the profound lessons are usually not fully comprehended in their time.

Thank you so much for sharing rosemary. What a beautiful way of expressing how to let go. :):):) There is wisdom in your words. *S*S*S*S*S Almost poetic. :thumbsup:

I agree about the forgiveness part so as not to end up with them again.... However, someone had written on the post that we end up with these people because we have something to resolve with them or we will be with them again. That makes me nervous I must say and if that is the case I am desperate to know WHAT I need to resolve with these people.

Hi wpnorman!

I know...sometimes I feel that way too. The last thing I want is to end up living another life with these people. But as I mentioned before, to me, it's a closed chapter in my life. I have to let it go. If I start to feel angry, I try to forgive and move on. I know that these people have been in a couple of other lives with me, and they've done worse...they actually murdered me in those lives. And I carried my anger with me after my death. In this lifetime, I'm learning to forgive and let go, but it's not easy. As I think about things now...maybe I needed closure...that's probably why I came into this life and ended up with these people. I don't know. I would still rather have had one more life with my "other parents". As Rosemary had so rightfully stated:

I Didnt get attatched to anyone , couldn't! had nothing in common at all!...and eventually found my own family..Its part of the process of illumination, that we often leave our blood ties behind and form the stronger spiritual bonds.My advice is dont worry about being trapped in a soul group. the moment you understand and forgive them, they'll let go anyway!

I am much happier and feel more bonded/connected with my friends than I would ever be with the people who are supposedly my family. So yes...we sometimes have to leave our blood ties to form stronger spiritual bonds with others.

Ta. ;)

One more...

Have you ever noticed the profound changes that occur when there is the death, especially of a child, in a family? After the initial shock and despair, there is a huge opportunity for growth and acceptance. I feel that death can teach us so much more than we allow ourselves. perhaps your death gave the family you loved, insights and strength they would never have found without it...

Hi Rosemary...

I read your last post but didn't know how to respond. I was left speechless because what you said was so beautiful!

I thought about my "other mother" and I can still picture her on the day that I died in that lifetime...she could barely stand, so consumed with grief because her little girl had just passed away in the room right in front of her. The nursing staff wouldn't let her in, she could only stand outside and watch because things had gotten so chaotic as they tried to save me. I think, after the initial shock had worn away and she had time to sit and reflect, if someone had written her a letter with those exact words, I think she would have found so much comfort in them. I know if I was a mother who had just lost a child, hearing those words would mean so much to me.

...and maybe, the families we dont fit in with, are chances to experience surrender to what is? surrender is under-rated. surrender is a beautiful thing. the only way to end a struggle is to stop resisting...Imagine the grief your former family felt, at losing you. If we could allow ourselves to feel their grief, it might help us with what we experience now. Lessons are rarely learned at the time of their teaching, the profound lessons are usually not fully comprehended in their time.

Couldn't have said it better...thanks! :thumbsup:

Also...what you wrote about your son was absolutely amazing! :D

You guys are amazing! What beautiful words! You have both set me at ease and given me something to ponder. It has been a long time coming. All I can say is Wow! Finally - people who think as I do.

I have always been in the same position with my family also. Who are you and what is the reason for my being with you?
It took me a bit over 20 years of putting the pieces together. The karma was with my mom. She was a control personality and had been for many life times. I needed to break away from that. The early benefit of that was I had an extremely hard time in school and she got me through it. For that I thank her.
But she likes to control the directions her kids took, all the major steps. It reached the point where when my parents made a suggestion I would do the opposite or as far from the original idea as I could without crossing a legal line. Sometimes it made my life harder, sometimes it saved my hide one way or another. In the end even though I didn't understand all the implications of the past I started saying "may the blessings be" when I thought about my mom. It worked:thumbsup: :D :D After about 2 years the controlling and directing stopped and we just had conversations about what we were doing.

Jack

shine on you crazy diamond!

jere, hi!
your warm response warms my soul! It's refreshing and encouraging.thankyou. I've gained so much insight through everyones experiences of being, so much so...that i have to hold back a bit or i would never get off the computor!lol
Learning to see life from different persectives is like looking at a diamond in the sun... as you turn it you understand it's the many facets that give it it's beauty, and ability to reflect and radiate.xx

wpnorman, hi!
Its always a pleasure to find kindred spirits isn't it? with our feet on the earth and our hearts in heaven?!!
jackh,
my experience of putting the pieces together is...that eventually, no matter how well they fit, It all comes apart again! the reason would be because as we grow and evolve our perspectives change and as our perspectives change, the pieces change, and they no longer fit! and eventually,(in my experience) It doesnt matter anymore, so you find yourself with alot of free mind space suddenly!
nb: I found the 'problems' i had with family became transparent once i understood the nature of attatchment, not that I dont love them, but i couldnt play into the stories anymore. x

Here's a different take on somehow getting the wrong body. A friend of mine was born male, but always knew she was female psychologically. There's a lot of physical and mental suffering involved in making the change, but she did it and found it was worth it to have a body she felt comfortable in.

Now this is the thing she and I have wondered--in the life immediately prior to this one, she was a male who died young and suddenly. Could her soul have been drawn to a new body that was familiar (male) even though it wasn't the right kind for her?

dark rosaleen said:
Here's a different take on somehow getting the wrong body. A friend of mine was born male, but always knew she was female psychologically. There's a lot of physical and mental suffering involved in making the change, but she did it and found it was worth it to have a body she felt comfortable in.

Now this is the thing she and I have wondered--in the life immediately prior to this one, she was a male who died young and suddenly. Could her soul have been drawn to a new body that was familiar (male) even though it wasn't the right kind for her?
I think transgendered birth has to with the kind of death one undergoes and some karmic play. When one experiences "shallow" death (as roughly shown in fig 8a of the link), most of the personality is intact and is that of the previous life. If such a person gets to be born the other sex, and karma probably has a role here, that person will have hard time getting used to this new body.

Back