• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Lifetimes in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

shield

Registered User
Before our daughter was born and before she had any idea that she was pregnant, my wife had a strong dream that she went to India to pick up a dying old man´s soul to help him pass on to a new existence.
She spoke to his family who gave her their permission. When she woke up she knew she was pregnant.

Now Amanda is 2 1/2 yrs old. About 5 months ago, when she had been playing with a word: "mimiyagi" ( she could already speak long, proper sentences by then, so this was a rare "make-believe" word), I couldn´t help asking about it, half jokingly," -Who´s m.? Are you m.?" She just looked up at me, sitting on the potty, very seriously, almost reluctantly, shaking her head no, saying only: "Pooba." Me, taken aback: "Are you Pooba?" She nods sternly. I´m sweating.

Later I check on the internet and Pooba is a male Indian first name( though I´ve certainly never heard of it). Also, the word is unlike any she knows or we use (we are swedish and speak that language).

I asked her once more that night,15 min. later " Who is Pooba?" She answers "Me" and says nothing else. Since then she hasn´t mentioned it (me neither).

Now, since she was ca. 1 1/2 she´s loved rubbing stuff ( like cream cheese...) on her forehead , right between the eyes. And she does yoga postures very well, having never seen them done. The "cobra", among others. One day now, she was sitting in a perfect half lotus position behind an open cupboard door in the kitchen, totally still for a good 5 minutes...

Like I said she talks a lot for her age so maybe there will be more like this.
Anyone else here got a little yogi or any similar experience?

This post and discussion is continued in the thread little yogi
 
India - the time of the British takeover


I feel it was in the mid 1700's. It seems to me to be on the Coast --- near the East Coast.


Looking back into my notes from 1993 -I noted Bengal (desh). I also wrote Rahhiem, Rahshii, and Rashmi that at the time I felt were names (SP?). I really haven't thought about this life much.


I was very protected. I remember being sheltered from the outside world. Which makes for a problem locating world events that match. I remember the palace, the beautiful silk clothing, the jewelry. Learning to dance, and hand movements. Typical protected young woman. :(


I remember my father and Uncle arguing about the politics of the time. And knowing it had to do with the British. But I was not allowed to be present during indepth discussions or any form of decision making. At an early age though - my sister and I would hide under the table covered by a cloth and try to hear what they were talking about. But giggles usually gave way to the hiding place and we were removed from the area.


I did sneak out of the palace in my later teens - (Gad was I a handful) to see how the rest of our country lived. Against the wishes of my Aunt and Father. I contracted an illness that caused my death. I feel like no big war had happened in my life time, at least not yet.


My mother however remembers the wars -she lived a much longer life than I did. She was my sister at that time. The destruction she said - tore at her heart, and devastated the family.


My father then sided with the Old Indian ways. His brother -(MY Uncle) sided with the British, and approved of working with them.


This post and discussion is continued in the thread India - the time of the British take-over
 
India - intricate stone wall carving

I think that a lived a good few lives in India. Before my first visit to India I saw a dream, a very clear and vivid one. I saw in detail a very specific carving on a stone wall that involved animals. I did remember this dream for a while and then forgot about it.

When i travelled in India for a first time (in this life), a fellow traveller suggested to visit a small and relatively little known town in South -East India, for it has some nice temples and not too many tourists.

Soon I strolled at the central square of the town. I was walking along the facade of one of the temples when a carving at the corner caught my attention. I had feeling I had seen it before. I scratched my head and started to think hard. I had never seen any photographes of this town before. I even
did not know this town existed before i went to India.

When i was staring at this carving i suddenly recalled my dream. I had seen this carving in my dream. The carving and this corner of the temple wall had few very specific details and i had seen all of them in my dream.The carving itself was in quite a rare style, it is not very typical or wide-spread motiv. So I am 100% sure this was the carving i saw in my dream. One interesting detail, though: in the dream the picture was horisontally flipped, so that what in reality was the left side was right side in the dream and vice versa.

I do not want to reveal the real name of the town because it has a huge
personal meaning to me. But this town and the temple both exist and I could go there tomorrow and point my finger at the temple wall that appeared to me in the dream.

I feel that if I lived in India, it must have been not later then 1000 AD. But I have a feeling that I lived at least a life or two before BC, between 2000-1000 BC. The location must have been South-East India. I feel I had something to do with Orissa as well (North-East India) but I doubt I lived there, perhaps visited or had a guru of Orissa origin. In at least of couple of lives in India I feel I was a devotee of a spiritual movement, most likely Bhakti yoga.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Past lives in India
 
India - no later than 1000 AD

There is another memory about India.

I saw this man, myself and his wife of this lifetime all sitting together in a bamboo jungle or similar, meditating or carrying out other spiritual practice. We were all facing the same direction. He was sitting in front of us, I was sitting at the left behind him and the other woman was sitting at the right behind him. We both were his wives. Behind us were other wives sitting, all together 8 or 9. Behind them were couple of people who were not wives but perhaps servants of this man's household (I feel they were male). The people were sitting at 1-2m distances from each other in a lotus position, forming a triangle with sitting positions, the man being the top edge of the triangle. All people facing in the same direction.

The ground was covered with dry soil and some small dry brownish leaves here and there. I assume it was bamboo jungle, because the plants around us had thin stems or trunks but it could have been some other type of plantation too. It was like a forest, but only medium-height and not too tense, as the rays of light were penetrating it. The atmosphere was quite humid, but still pleasant.

The light was coming from the direction we were facing. Judging by the angle of light, it must have been afternoon, some time between 2pm and 4pm.

I did not see how myself and the other woman looked like in this other life, i only knew we were there and we both were wives of this man. And like in this lifetime, there was harmony between us, no conflict at all.

I did not see the man's face or his appearance in detail but his physical shape seemed to be similar to this lifetime. I feel that he was some sort of a leader of the spiritual devotees (but not a guru) and we, his wives were devotees as well. I feel we actually lived in the jungle for periods of time like
a group of hermits... It sounds funny, because the man had 8 or 9 wives! And yet I had the feeling we all were some sort of jungle hermits, searching for spiritual enlightenment.

I do not know when this scene happened but i think not later then 1000 AD, possibly BC. The man in this story, he very much believes in past lives and admits his strong connection with India. Like myself he felt that he arrived home when he first visited India and he has had his own visions about past lives there. (he is European in this life).

This post and discussion is continued in the thread Past lives in India
 
A dancer in Ancient India


I also remember being a dancer in Ancient India (although who knows when it was - but it 'feels' like a very long time ago in Earth years). I remember being a very small girl when going to the school - which was some sort of live in arrangement and we had little cells to sleep in - nothing at all fancy. I had the right body shape or something and was sold to the school by my parents who were very poor. I remember the training being very harsh and crying a lot at first, missing my parents and being whacked with a stick when I made a mistake, but in the end I got used to it and got quite good at it. I vividly remember my first public performance and my absolute terror of making a mistake. After some time I became an accomplished dancer.
 
Two lives in India

I remember at least two lives in India. One was during the Mughal period. I remember very little of that life, but I do remember standing in a large open field, watching a huge army advance towards me. What really struck me about that memory is the armored elephants the army used, it was something so totally foreign to me that I thought I may have imagined it. Later, I researched the topic and was surprised to find that my memory was very accurate.

As for the other life in India that I remember, I have no idea when it took place. I was a young girl with an arranged marriage. At the time, I was quite unhappy with my parents' decision, I even begged them to call it off. But in the end, it turned out to be a very happy and loving relationship.

This post and discussion is continued in the thread India - the time of the British take over
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top