• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Light Beings

Meagan

Do any new members have experiences with Light they'd like to share? Perhaps something they experienced as children or with their own children?

I know this is an old thread but it is the closest thing that I found on this forum that describes what I have been experiencing my whole life and since I am a new member, I thought I would contribute my story and just maybe someone else can relate or help me out.

I have had “night terrors” my whole life that involves sleep walking, talking, climbing walls, screaming, etc… They always pertain to what I have been describing to my family as “balls of light/energy” or when I was younger, the “tiny faceless white people”.

It is extremely hard to explain but I will try my best. I usually see them within the first 30 minutes of falling asleep and once that happens, they usually appear throughout the night in my dreams. Once I see them, I will often wake up, scream, talk to them or something of that nature and for a few minutes, I still see them. The feeling and vision is so real. I often get angry at my husband upon first waking because he cannot see them and I get embarrassed. I have said many times, “they’re right there, can’t you see them?” before waking up in frustration. They have become such a part of my life since childhood that I have learned to accept them as part of who I am.

They are faceless white balls of energy. They remind me of children because they are always mischievous. They seem to be playing with me and teasing me, flying around my room without a care. There is always a door above my bed where they come in and out of and I have found myself many times waking up feeling the wall and looking for the door. They can be destructive and like I said mischievous. There was a time when it appeared that they were flying so much in and out of the ceiling that I thought it was going to crumble. It was almost as if they were reshaping it by rearranging the particles or atoms or whatever. I woke up standing on the bed with my arms in the air apparently trying to hold the ceiling up and protect my husband. I remember feeling angry at them for playing such a mean joke.

Their favorite thing is wires. They weave in and out of the walls, rearranging wires as if they are trying to build something. I cannot even count how many times I have woken up because I tried to put my hand through the wall trying to touch them. It appears that they want me to help them or do something but I have never been able to figure out what. At times, I’ve woken up and had the feeling that whatever they were doing wasn’t finished and I wasn’t supposed to wake up yet. Like I said before, every time I wake up, I can still see them for a few minutes until I am fully conscious. I never remember what they truly look like. There have been times when they seem more urgent then other times as if they are yelling at me to get my attention but I never understand what they want. I have tried many times to talk to them before I go to sleep and let them know I am willing to listen if they want to tell me something but nothing ever comes out of it.

I have moved many times in my life or gone on vacations and they usually do not come to me until after a few months at my new residence as if they can’t find me. It’s usually the only time I get a real full and restless night sleep and I enjoy the respite. But eventually, they find me. Over the years, I have learned to avoid them. Sometimes I will take a sleep aid or drink a few beers before bedtime and this seems to help. For the longest time, I thought I was crazy and even saw a psychiatrist who didn’t have an answer. I have had a pretty good childhood with no trauma. I often wonder if this is related to a trauma in a past life and have been planning on having a regression. I have never told anyone outside my family about this until today. I believe that some on this forum can relate and I hope that someday I can find the answers I so desperately seek.

Hi Meagan,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been troubled by night terrors and these mysterious balls of light. What you are describing sounds to me like 'light beings', which I've never experienced personally, but I have read about them.

I tried Googling 'light beings' to find a better description than any I could give you, but there's a lot of 'New Age' material on this topic, so no two descriptions are the same. But I did eventually come across some non-biased information which I think is a reasonable explanation:

The peripheral vision of humans has degraded from life in modern society. We don’t have to use it the way we once did in the wild. Our peripheral vision uses our monochromatic rod cell receptors, while our center gaze uses our trichromatic cone cell receptors. Basically, our line of sight has become too focussed on the material world, which is related to the forward motion of light, which is related to the narrow visible light spectrum, which is related to the mind, which is related to what makes things appear solid.
If you can pull back from the forward motion of light, slow your brainwave speeds to theta or delta levels, increase your vibrational frequency, empty your mind, expand your peripheral vision and expand your feelings sideways, then you would be able to perceive outside the normal human visual range. You would see energy and other dimensions.

I believe that everything is energy, because I can see it with the naked eye. Solid. Non-solid. All energy, just different vibratory rates. The physical is not as physical as people believe, but your mind makes it solid. It’s composed of varying waves of light. When you expand your consciousness sideways and step into the gap between the waves, you perceive new worlds. Within those worlds are endless sentient life forms. The Beings are always there, it’s just that they vibrate at different frequencies than people are normally trained to see. With a little training, you can learn to see them.
I think you have a natural ability to do this, which is why you see these light beings without understanding what they are, but as far as I'm aware, they shouldn't harm you or interfere with you in any physical way. You can read the full article here: Circuitous Light Beings

Thank you sooo much ChrisR! This is exactly what I have been experiencing my whole life and have never understood it. It does feel like another dimension where the walls are maneuverable with doors etc... I have tried to do research myself and never found anything close to what I experience.

When I was young, they scared me but I have figured out a long time ago that they won't/can't hurt me. I have excepted them as part of my life and even talk to them in my sleep. The terrors come when they do something unexpected which surprises me or frightens me and even then once I wake up, I realize there's no harm.

Thank you again for helping me realize that I may not be so crazy after all. I wish I didn't have this at all but at least now I have an idea of what I'm dealing with and just maybe I can research more and figure out how to take advantage of it.

You're welcome :)

Let us know if your research provides anything that you can relate to, or help you to better understand what you are experiencing. Just be careful not to believe everything you read out there, rather use it to make your own judgement. There's no doubt that light beings exist, but why they are there, and how they relate to, and interact with us is open for debate in my opinion.

Good luck :)

Fyi

Hi Meagan,

I have moved your posts from the children's section and thread Children who see Inner Light - in to a new thread for further discussion. I will post a few thoughts for you later today with some references.

Thank you Deborah for sending me that link. After ChrisR told me about the "light beings", I have been doing research ranging from "spirits" to "other dimensions" which has only confused me more. There is so much information, it's mind-boggling!

Anyway, I read the posts in your link but still haven't seen too much of what I experience. As I understand it in the posts, the light represents the inner light from within us. The lights that I see have personalities and a child-like demeanor as if it's an actual entity or being and I haven't found anything yet where anyone else experiences this. People have described light moving around the room but I cannot find anything that describes the warping of objects or interaction with electrical wires like I experience.

The light energies that I see also seem to be trying to communicate with me and no matter how much I try, I cannot understand what they are trying to say. They buzz around my room weaving in and out of the "door" I see on the wall, the ceiling, and the walls themselves. They have even hovered above my husband. They tease me to the point where I actually get frustrated or angry with them when I'm not in the mood for their antics.

I have tried many methods of understanding them through meditation, past-life CD's, and even a journal but the light I experience through those methods are not the same thing. That is more like an inner-light like others here are describing. I have even tried many times to enter the door in the wall but only wake up because my hand is smashing a solid surface. I have also ended up in a different part of the house because I followed them. One time, I found myself right outside my 3yr old niece's bedroom because I followed them there. An hour later, she woke the house up screaming that there were little people in her room above her door.

When I was younger, I could never remember what they looked like and could only describe them to my Mother as tiny (size of golf balls) light people. Now, I have more of an idea of what they look like. Actually, when I first wake up, I can still see them but they are not as bright as they are in my sleep and they don't illuminate the room in any way. They are just there and always seem surprised that I am looking at them before they disappear. I even try to trick them into believing I'm still asleep and this is what has convinced me that they are real.

I have lead a really good life with no major tragedies or deaths in my family. I do wonder if this is a manifestation of a previous life. I plan on saving up for a past-life regression soon and when I do, I will let you all know if I find out anything.

In the meantime, if you or anyone else here understand or experience the same thing, I would love to hear it. Or, if there is info out there about "light beings" that interact with humans as I've described, please let me know. I am desperate for answers.

I saw something similar, once. Years ago me and a few girlfriends went camping on the full moon. We were all sitting on a cliff looking at the moon and things got quiet for a bit. Over and over these little blue and red lights came darting out of the woods, coming really close but when I turned my head and looked straight at them I couldn't see them. Not sure why I saw them as colours but otherwise very similar to what you described. I got the impression they had personalities too, like they knew I could see them. If I had to guess there were about 10 of them...I told my friends but no one else saw them, the lights only lasted for about 20 minutes but I'll never forget them.

Hi Terelda, thanks for the reply. It appears that most people, like yourself, see these lights in colors where as I only see them as white energy. I was thinking about this and it dawned on me that maybe the lights I see are white because we only dream in black and white. :)

Something else dawned on me after re-reading my previous post. I describe these things as energy that weaves in and out of walls, playing with wires, etc... One of the biggest mysteries in our household is how high our energy bill is each month no matter what time of the year. When others are paying only $80- $150 a month, we pay around $150- $500/ month. And this is without using air conditioning and having mostly gas appliances/heater.

I wonder if there is a connection with our electric bill and these balls of energy. Has anyone else experienced high energy bills?

Hi Meagan,

I am curious why you are fearful of the" tiny faceless white people."

I have had “night terrors” my whole life that involves sleep walking, talking, climbing walls, screaming, etc… They always pertain to what I have been describing to my family as “balls of light/energy” or when I was younger, the “tiny faceless white people”..
I am also interested in your interpretation of Light Beings.

I would HIGHLY suggest that you read books by reputable authors. I can suggest a few that might be helpful if you are interested. There is so much New Age crap out there -it becomes difficult to discern truths.

I'm not really afraid of them anymore and have learned to live with them. Sometimes they surprise me with some of the things they do, which I described above, and I end up waking with my heart pounding or sleep walking/talking and unable to go back to sleep. This is where I get frustrated.

I actually never heard the name "light beings" until Chris responded to my post. The description was the closest thing that I've associated with my experience so that is what I've been calling them. I did research after that post and haven't been able to find much because like you said, there is too much New Age stuff out there.

A long time ago, I read the book Journey of Souls by Dr. Michael Newton. After reading it, I decided that what I see in my dreams were more than likely my spirit guides. So, I guess I would describe light beings as spirit guides or souls from another dimension? At one point, I thought I was actually remembering not a past life but maybe the afterlife in my dreams... like I was seeing my soul cluster/group but now I'm thinking this could all be a manifestation of a trauma from another life (or I'm just crazy in this one :) ).

I guess I'm confused because most people talk about seeing light in their peripheral vision that disappear, fades in and out, or turns colors but I haven't read much about light that actually interacts with the person so it's hard for me to relate. My sister sees lights around her as well as auras but when she describes it, the lights do not tease her like mine do nor do they travel through the walls. They're just there.

I'm not sure if this makes any sense and I probably sound crazy but this is why I get so frustrated. I am going to the bookstore this weekend and would LOVE recommendations to help me understand.

HI Meagan,

I am in the middle of grading final papers for my Art Appreciation class. The best science and physics books are listed in this link.

I will post more about my understanding of Light Beings tomorrow.

Meagan said:
In the meantime, if you or anyone else here understand or experience the same thing, I would love to hear it. Or, if there is info out there about "light beings" that interact with humans as I've described, please let me know. I am desperate for answers.
You mentioned a high electric bill. Do you have to constantly replace broken light bulbs - or - are their light bulbs exploding in the house from time to time?

Also - do you have street lamps go off at night in some type of pattern around you when you walk or drive underneath?

DK

We do have flickering lights throughout our house and have to change the light bulbs all the time (this has occurred in all the houses we've lived in). I'm not sure about street lights but I don't think so.

The most recent house we lived in was only a few years old and the GFI switches kept tripping as well as the circuit breakers. Of course, it seemed to happen more so when my husband was out of town... :) Another problem we had was the smoke detector in our bedroom would beep for no reason...usually in the middle of the night. We've had electricians come out and they said everything was fine.

Meagan said:
We do have flickering lights throughout our house and have to change the light bulbs all the time (this has occurred in all the houses we've lived in). I'm not sure about street lights but I don't think so.
The street lights are not something you can miss. I got pulled over because of it. :)

There is the before 18 and after 18 for me. I had my NDE at the age of 18. Afterwards I had amnesia and was seeing Doctors for it. Things were happening around me left and right. I was living with my Mom and her electric bill went through the roof. The lights were always flickering around me. Light bulbs were blowing up when I walked by. My Mom took me out and showed me the electric meter and it was spinning like a top. She lived in an apartment and there were 20 meters and ours was the only spinning. She said it only did it when I was around. She told me she loved me - but I had to move out. It was too much.

As far as the 'orbs' of light - I called them 'giant lightening bugs.' I was sort of shocked when people couldn't see them. I got used to people saying "your seeing things other can't see again." My family, friends and even my Doctors told me I had always talked about the so-called fairies prior to my amnesia. I had friends tell me that I had made it possible for them to see them. They all felt strange when I said I couldn't remember them prior to 18.

I have written about the five friends who passed away when I was between 17 and 21. That is how five of them were. They showed up like 'orbs' of light sometimes. (These are the five spirits that spoke to me in dreams and told me about their future incarnations.) They could show up as 'white orbs' of light or - sometimes they could show up as a blob of light in the shadow like image in the shape of a human. Just a shadow of light image type. Other times - they could appear in full human form with facial features. They told me the 'orb' like shape was more 'natural' to their 'spiritual image.'

The Doctors had a direct experience with one of them when the spirit moved things around - so they took it seriously. They theorized I was using some sort of psychic energy in the brain that was causing an 'electric' disturbance in my 'aura' some how - which effected electricity around me. It was just a theory. I had no idea what caused it. But it only happened when they 'showed' themselves to me while I was awake so I told them to stop showing themselves to me while I was awake. I tapered off and after I turned 22 - it stopped.

When I was 21 - I had three close friends and they said they wanted to see them with their own eyes. I didn't like seeing them. It was too hard on my 'rational' mind. But all three of my friends had an encounter with them and described them accurately.

Now that I have the memories back from childhood - they were in and out of my childhood all the time - and I can now recall showing them to my friends. It does require an open 'channel' sort of view. I called it seeing 'through the eyes' of the heart. (Spirit.)

Your not alone with such 'sights.' Off the top of my head, I can recall around 20 people who had sight of them with me during certain stages. I used to refer to them as the 'talking bubbles.'

But five of them were telling me (in spirit) about their next incarnations prior to them being born into the material world.

Hope that helps.

DK

Hiya Meagan,

I don't mean to dismiss your experiences in any way, but knowing a little bit about parapsychology there are few things you mention that stand out to me.

It's common to link electricity and paranormal phenomena, but what most people don't know is that often bad wiring actually can cause the exact same phenomena that people describe as paranormal: the feeling of being touched, the feeling of being watched or of someone walking by, 'corner-of-the-eye'-phenomena, even light phenomena can be caused by electricity.

It's all got something to do with electromagnetic fields (EMF). In a house the EMF should usually be low, but due to the many electric appliances (kitchen aids, computers, etc) we keep in our homes or bad wiring the EMF can be quite high.

This can result in nightmares, breathing and whispering sounds, light flashes, the feeling of being touched, sensing a presence, even apparitions.

The fact that you have electrical problems and a high bill compared to others would indicate to me that a it would be a good idea to have the wiring checked out and perhaps have the general EMF measured in your house. If your house contains many appliances and electronics and on top of that has bad wiring it may explain some of the phenomena you are experiencing.

Another thing is that research has shown that some people are sensitive to changes in the earth's geomagnetic field. This can cause sleep disturbances, mood shifts and/or increased anxiety. This can be increased depending on where your house is built and even the materials it's built with (certain materials habours magnetic fields more than others).

It's important to stress that these symptoms only occur after prolonged exposure to magnetic fields, which may explain why you experience the phenomena disappearing for a while after you've moved house.

Sorry for the long post, but this is something that really interests me. I hope your problems are solved and it may be an idea to consult a parapsychologist (perhaps at your local university) and have him/her measure your house.

:)

Wow DK. You've been through a lot and when I read your post, I could totally relate. I have a few questions if you don't mind...

Have you found many other people who have been seeing them since they were children? I mean their whole lives like we do, not just occasionally.

How do they talk to you? I always feel like they are trying to talk but I'm either not listening of I cannot understand. I sometimes wonder if that is why they tease me... which brings me to my next question...

Do they or have they ever behaved childish like I described above? Can you sense what they are feeling? For me it's like I can sense that they are happy, irritated, or pouting.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with me! You have helped me a lot.

Sunniva, I appreciate your post as well. Believe it or not, I have a very scientific mind and have always put logic before anything else. I have tried to explain away these things for years now. I have ignored it, confronted it, and now I'm facing it. I have called electricians, seen psychiatrists, doctors, optometrists, read books on magnetic fields, etc...

I didn't mean to make this into a paranormal thing because mostly I see these lights in my dreams but I was just curious if other people were experiencing high electric bills and if there was a connection. I went over my bills and to my surprise, the peak usage was in the middle of the night.

My rational mind has come up with excuse after excuse for too long now. I have lived in too many houses from the East Coast to the West for this to be just an electrical or magnetic phenomenon. I am 41 years old and I just can't deny it any longer. It's too real and too much a part of my life.

Meagan said:
My rational mind has come up with excuse after excuse for too long now. I have lived in too many houses from the East Coast to the West for this to be just an electrical or magnetic phenomenon. I am 41 years old and I just can't deny it any longer. It's too real and too much a part of my life.
Hi,

I have been going back over my history to try and summarize some of my experiences with it. I was researching some of the aspects of my own medical history due to the childhood traumas and found some interesting research that ties into what I was told about it on a metaphysical level.

This may be too personal of a question - and if it is - I will understand, but have you been prescribed any type of medication over the years. The reason I ask is because I found an interesting article that ties some medication into a simulation of adrenaline from the endocrine system.

I had a long medical history and my Doctors had my medical files and this was one of their partial theories. In research of the NDE - it has been documented that a 'shut down' of the vital signs produces a spike in electromagnetic energy to the brain. (See: Brain waves surges moments before death.) For a person to see the 'white spiritual' balls outside of dreams usually takes a psychic awareness associated with what some called 'third eye vision.'

This is something the 'spiritual entities' told me as well. I blamed them for the broken light bulbs and high electricity usage. They said my own 'mind' (or brain) was producing the 'high voltage' effect. (I think they did a fictional movie based on this sort of ESP type of experience called Phenomenon.

It was some of my Doctors theory that my high level of adrenaline flow was stimulating a higher range of frequency than normal. (This was long before the current studies that document the 'brain spike.)

Another study concludes that the 'trauma' induced through my 'medical crisis' will also have a dramatic effect in creating a higher hormonal excretion of adrenaline.

Not to say that the 'spirit's' involved where not real. They were very real and in my case - verified with over 100 different people who witnessed the same thing. It would only happen around me. (Five of these orbs were former friends who had died and were telling me about their up and coming incarnations.)

This is what the 'spirits' were telling me. There was a biological factor involved. I just thought they were blaming me as my Mom and Grandfather had done. Turns out that with the latest research - that is good possibility. That there is a biological as well as a spiritual factor involved.

DK

Meagan said:
I have a very scientific mind and have always put logic before anything else. I have tried to explain away these things for years now. I have ignored it, confronted it, and now I'm facing it. I have called electricians, seen psychiatrists, doctors, optometrists, read books on magnetic fields, etc...
CLIP

... I have lived in too many houses from the East Coast to the West for this to be just an electrical or magnetic phenomenon. I am 41 years old and I just can't deny it any longer. It's too real and too much a part of my life.
Hi Meagan!

It occurs to me that one possible way of addressing your experiences would be to send a letter or email to some of the few scientists, who are approaching the paranormal with sensitive equipment and valid scientific methodology. Usually such researchers approach a single paranormal phenomenon with slow and cautious baby steps in ways that might not include your specific experiences. Yet, again, you may get lucky and find a scientist who's curiosity is piqued enough to take on your case. I would begin by googling anything you can find about paranormal research. Also, inquire with local college and university psychology departments to find out if they are conducting any research in parapsychology.

Sunniva's suggestions are still very valid, and local paranormal researchers could discover something interesting with their equipment; or, they could just be there to capture your experiences on tape.

The only other thing I can suggest would be to enlist the aide of a reputable psychic, who has a good track record with otherwise skeptical people. There may be someone on the level of John Edward, George Anderson, Allison DuBois, Joe McMoneagle, or Ingo Swann, who might be able to shed some light on your situation. Although, I normally would not depend members of local Psychic Fairs; you might just run into someone who will identify your situation before you even sit down to talk. If so, you'll have "struck gold" without spending too much money. It might be worth a shot.

Back