• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

MBTI thread

SkyeSpitFire - I think enneagrams can change, or maybe 4 is now your main one and 8 one of the other ones. Have you heard of tritypes? You can have 3 and alternate between which one rules.

Interesting that you made such a shift :)

INTJ

Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(38%) Thinking(62%) Judging(67%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)

You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)

You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)

You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

I found a few of the questions to be quite restrictive and wasn't really sure which way to go with them.

Time I took the test was like a year ago and I got ESFJ/INTP only this time I ended up with INTJ; Introvert(22%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(19%) Judging(33%)

Looks like we are in the same boat Spatz :D

Well, I wouldn't say it's the same boat as I'm massively extroverted and this doesn't ever waver, ever. I've taken the test a few times in the last four years and it doesn't really change for me with that. My extroversion is marked, actually. It's hard to tell on a forum but it's a major feature of me 'irl' and I think that's sort of important.

But perhaps it's the same harbor LOL

Yes, there are a ton of tests online. Of course with each the questions are different and so might be the results!

Spatz said:
Yes, there are a ton of tests online. Of course with each the questions are different and so might be the results!
For now my instincts are leaning towards ISFP

INFJ with a type 3 - 3w2 6w7 8w9
Other times/tests I'm either ENTJ or ENFJ as the I/E and T/F are small percentages.

This is quite unusual to see a fairly disproportionate number of INFJ's.

I always end up being an INTJ in any MBTI test I take...

Decided to revive this since it's a new interest? I'm an INTJ 5w6 so/sp 513 (5w6 1w9 3w4). I focus a lot on Te but people notice my Ni a lot whenever I talk in chat. My worst cognitive function is Fe, which is ironic because when I indirectly bring up my past life memories to get them typed, my friends think my pl self was an INFJ 6w5.

I've been using this to make ocs too. I lot of them are ENTJs and INFJs.

Decided to play along,

INFP​

Introvert(3%) iNtuitive(28%) Feeling(34%) Perceiving(9%)

• You have marginal or no preference of Introversion over Extraversion (3%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (28%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (34%)
  • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (9%)

Some answers could have changed depending on present... But fairly accurate, I suppose. Enneagram quiz doesn't load for me.

Last edited:
I was very into MBTI and the enneagram a few years ago. After analyzing cognitive functions I concluded that I'm most likely ENTP.

I want to clarify that MBTI-wise, being extroverted or introverted is unrelated to how much we like people but to if we are "energized" by the outside world or by ourselves, if we seek answers outside or inside. After a day full of activities (such as for example class + work + hanging out with friends+ watching a theather play, etc) an introvert may need time to relax and recharge, while an extrovert wants even more activities because each new one fuels their energy levels.

INFP here.

I scanned all the posts and don't think I saw a single extrovert. Did I miss any? Is this place the nation Introvertonia?

INFP here.

I scanned all the posts and don't think I saw a single extrovert. Did I miss any? Is this place the nation Introvertonia?
Some of us are close in between. My default setting from the factory is introvert, but I have my other side as well. I know people who are convinced I am an extrovert. They just only meet me in an extrovert role. I am a switch, hahaha

Some of us are close in between. My default setting from the factory is introvert, but I have my other side as well. I know people who are convinced I am an extrovert. They just only meet me in an extrovert role. I am a switch, hahaha
"Default factory setting" 😂 I will be using that in the future

In a test I once did I "scored" INFJ-T. Not sure about this, as this type is so rare. I also avoid going "I am this and that", because there always is the risk that one uses this as some kind of excuse, idetifies too much with it ("Sorry, but this is how I am, I am this MB type, this enneagram type, this star sign, was XY in a past life, I can't do anything about it") thus preventing change/self-growth.
I am definitely more introvert, but like fireflydancing I have my extrovert moments. When I am in a place where I really enjoy my surroundings, when I am doing something new or when I am really really interested. Or when I just play my role.

I have noticed that being introverted equals being shy and insecure, according to some people. Hahahaha, That's also a misunderstanding. Of course, this happens but it's not a rule. I started my life as an extreme introvert (almost invisible), a bit shy but never insecure. Later in life, I had some moments when I switched into being an extrovert (especially during my years as a student at the university, far away from my hometown).
Nowadays, I am more like a hermit, always at home or in my garden, a few talks with neighbors now and then, but mostly alone, almost invisible again. BUT, as soon as I go teaching (workshops, classes), I switch back to extrovert. Someone who wants full control of the group processes. After work, I just take out that coat, hang it on a tree and go back home into my beloved silence.
My husband is a bit the same. Extremely silent and anti-social at home and under certain social circumstances he is annoyingly loud, witty, and social with people.

I guess introverts are more receptive to energies, memories of past lives, and deeper thoughts about life. They shut down on a regular basis to regain their energies while being alone. I couldn't live and survive without my daily hours of being with myself. And paradoxically enough, these hours make me feel connected to the whole world. I am a kind of radio receiver, and I receive a lot of 'junk mail', junk energy from random sources. I process a lot of weird flashes, and false memories. As if I am tapped into an unfiltered Google search inside my head. I don't care, btw, because sometimes I can bend this stream and use it for my own purpose. 😋

INFP here.

Infj doesn't necessarily mean introvert. I don't consider myself a traditional one. It just means that for me, at least, to function properly I need to activate my thinking / imagination and I can't do that when I'm being social non stop. I get wore out. I need equal up and down time in that regard.

I am introvert as in I really hate small talk and gossip (especially talking behind one's back). I prefer to think before I talk, and even then... can't have it when I am forced to say just anything. I rather don't say anything at all.
It is a bit different when it is about my favorite books, movies, games, history, philosophy, weird physics theories, music, reincarnation, spirituality, art,... or my cat. Then, depending on what, exactly and how (don't feel like over-analyzing the exactly same issue for the 4669th time), I could go on for hours and sometimes need to be stopped.

Oh, and yes. I just NEED time to myself. To think. Let my thoughts wander. Be alone. I begin to feel stressed and imprisoned when I have to be around people for too long and can't retreat.

There is actually a chance I may be an ENTJ. Like what someone said, being an Exxx or Ixxx isn’t social extroversion/introversion. I’m still socially introverted. It’s just, I realised how much I can really lack in self-awareness at this point in time that it’s hard to tell if I have a more developed Fi or Se. Something I’m beginning to realise, though, is that I’m giving my Se not enough credit.

But we’ll see when I’m 25, aka when it’s more obvious. The only thing which is obvious so far is that I’m a NiSe and TeFi user. Thing is, even as a teenager, I wasn’t exactly afraid of calculated risks because I have always known too well that we have no time to sit down fully. There is almost never a luxury of time.

I also would say ‘Ah screw it if it’s unethical. Will it work though? What are our odds that this will work? Is there a high chance we’ll get away?’ Where do you think my Fi would be based on that?

So apparently I would be an ISFJ.

ISFJ​

Introvert(69%) Sensing(3%) Feeling(53%) Judging(25%)
  • You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (69%)
  • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (3%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (53%)
  • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (25%)

I'm not sure what to make of this. I mean yes, the full description I looked up does sound like me, but aren't we very quick to think so anyway? In other words, if I looked up the full description of the other types, wouldn't that sound like me as well, because we always tend to seek confirmation? I say "we" because I tend to chalk things up to human nature quite easily, but of course it may just be me after all. :)

Back