• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

My 3 year old talks about her other family

tiffanyTsmommy

I am not sure where to start. This may seem long and probibly not all in order but here goes. I have a 3 year old daughter, her name is Tiffany. She has 2 older brothers ages 4 and 7. My husband and I have been together for 12 years. He calls this stuff a vivid imagination, I believe it is more. It started almost 2 years ago when we were in the mountians walking, Tiffany said " My other mommy used to live here". We just sluffed it off. Since then she has given me details about her "other family". Her other dad's name is "Choka" (how it sounds) her other mom's name is "Melissa" her bigger sister's name is "Sissy" (what we call her) Her younger brother's name is "Choka" She has told me that her dad was a "Ranger" he "made people die when the Coyotes got them" Her other dad was shot and killed by a police officer and her brother was also shot in the crossfire but he survived. She said her bosses name was "Katrina" (I think) she said she took care of and cooked for the kids next door. She has told me that I am really nice just like her "Other mommy" Also just to include this, she has a birthmark on her right side just above her waistline. It used to be really big, red, and ugly. As she gets older it gets smaller and not so red. I try not to feed into her memories in fear that she will realize the extra attention and make up stuff. When she starts talking about it I will listen. I have no idea what to do if she remembers her dad getting shot you would think that it scares her. She has never said. Should I question her or what? As soon as I can afford it I am going out to buy the first book and when I have finished it I plan on buying the second one also. We belive in God, but do not attend Church. I really need some support on this that is why I came here, from what I have read the people here are very supporting. Thank you and I will keep you posted also.

------------------
Celeste

Welcome to the forum Celeste,

I hope that you can get Carol's first book, check out the Good Book section -- you can order it through there. It is wonderful and will help you with any questions you may have.

I hope that you have started a journal to record what she is saying, so that as time progresses, (and it sounds like she may spontaneously report more) you can fit the pieces to the puzzle together.

Do keep us posted as to new 'reports' by her and any findings you come up with.

------------------
Love,
Deborah

Lifes experiences weave a tapestry of knowledge

[This message has been edited by Deborah (edited 08-15-2002).]

Dear Celeste,

I think Tifanny's statements are very interesting and probably point to an authentic previous life. I have tried to look for some confirmation on the internet. It turns out that Chocaman is a place in Mexico and that it's name derived from the nahuatl language. Perhaps there is some connection. Anyway, Melissa and Katrina aren't specifically Mexican (or Spanish) names so that maybe if there is, the link could be to New Mexico for example. Perhaps you could casually ask her about the name of the place she used to live and other such specific details. It might well be possible to trace at least part of her statements.

By the way, can you tell us more about the shape of her birthmark?

Best wishes,

Titus Rivas

Hello, and good morning everyone. First off lets cover the shape off her birthmark. It is oblong like an oval, not to big now about 1/4 an inch. mostly little red spots on the outside (on the border) and light pink on the inside. There are a few more details that I haven't mentioned and/or that I learned last night. She said that Melissa had "White" hair like aunt Tawnya (she is blonde) and Choka had dark hair. Tiffany had "white" hair like her Mommy. Her brother and sister had dark hair.I aksed her about animals or pets and she said that she used to have some fish (we have never had fish, except for dinner, lol) a dog, cats , horses and an elephant. I laughed and said "people don't have elephants for pets" she got really mad and said "other people might not but I DID" she is not an angry person so it blew me away. I told her I was sorry for not understanding her. Also she told me that after her other dad died her mommy tried to get her a new one. "The short one I hated but I really liked the other one he was really sweet" " he didn't get to be my daddy" then I asked if she remembered dying, she said "I was asleep then I woke up, I never died" I am not very good at locating things on the internet so I have no idea where to start looking or how but when you put all this stuff together, maybe they lived somewhere near elephants? She insists on having them for pets so they had to. I get more and more interested everyday to listen to her. I have never had any memories of a pst life but I am drawn to learning more about the horse and wagon days and I also have a birthmark on my right arm, and used to have a beauty mark in between my eyes (it turned cancerous). I will keep everyone posted on what she says today.

------------------
Celeste

WOW! Your daughter sounds amazing, just like mine!

My daughter (who is now 5) has spoken extensively about her past lives over the years. How she died in a fire when she was 12(I think somehow she blamed me for that, as I was her mommy also in that life), a life in Egypt, etc.

The most detailed of her lives was one where her name was Cassandra Kwaski. I will see if I can find the link here, rather than repeat it.

In the meantime, the best advise I can give you is to simply listen to your daughter, and NEVER give her the impression that you don't believe her. But I see that you are already doing that! Keep up the good work!

Love,

Tam

------------------
Seeking Truth
Gaining Knowledge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Making Friends along the way

[This message has been edited by Tamera (edited 08-16-2002).]

Hello again. Tiffany just woke up so I asked her where she used to live and right away she answered " Cowalige" or "Cowalidge" or "Coalidge" or "Coalige" Those are the different ways to spell it I guess. I tried looking online but with no luck so far. If anyone can help please do.

------------------
Celeste

There's a town here in AZ called "Coolidge". Maybe she spoke the name with an accent? We're also next to Mexico, which could explain what Titus said about the Chocaman. Anyway, just something that came to mind. Perhaps eventually you'll find out more about her previous surroundings to give you more clues! It's very interesting, thanks for keeping us posted!

blessings

Okay here is some more info she just gave me. I have a little time before her brothers wake up. When I talk about it in front of them everything seems to take off and they all have other familys. lol. She said she lives in the "States" so the AZ thing just might be true. She said "Cowlidge" was Red and Blue and then it was Black. Where that comes from I have no idea. She also told me some of her pets names "Cheehta" dog, "Teeta" cat, "Kika" fish and "Datita" the elephant. I don't understand the Elephant just yet but in time I am sure I will.

------------------
Celeste

Hi, Tiffanysmommy,

Your little girl is a treasure!

Arizona used to have elephants... 11,000 and more years ago during the Pleistocene epoch, there were two different elephantine animals there, the Imperial mammoth and the mastodon. Whether any of the Native Americans who lived there at the time kept any as pets, I can't say. History books don't have all the information we need to piece together our past. It's not impossible that some people domesticated mastodons and mammoths! If this explains her elephant memories, they are old ones!

Thank you very much Treehugger. I am currently trying to find pictures of Coolidge, Az. so that I can ask her if it looks familar. Lets cross our fingers.

Have you tried asking her if she means a live elephant? She's only three. I wonder if she means a stuffed elephant or a statue of an elephant?

If she says it was live, ask her to describe it. Very young children sometimes have trouble putting their memories into words. It's possible that she's remembering something else but that "elephant" is the closest she can get to a word for it.

Cecily

I have found some additional information about Coolidge on the internet.

Here is what I found:

Ghosttown in New Mexico

"NAME: Coolidge
COUNTY: McKinley
ROADS: 2WD
GRID #(see map): 1
CLIMATE: Mild winter, warm
summer
BEST TIME TO VISIT:Spring,
winter, fall
Re-established in 1926
REMAINS: Much Is Still There

There are two towns by the name of Coolidge, the present day town and the one that no longer exists. The ruins of the latter Coolidge were bulldozed about 1930 but the site is marked by the large log hogan that was constructed about 1935 by the federal government. The original Coolidge was first named Crane after a Billy Crane whom at one time acted as a scout for Kit Carson. In the early 1880s the Atlantic and Pacific Railroad constructed a main line across the territory through Crane.
The small community's name was changed to Coolidge in honor of Thomas Jefferson Coolidge, a director of the railroad. Years later the railroad transferred its business to Gallup and Coolidge died. About 1926 the town of Coolidge was re-established at its present location. Courtesy Henry Chenoweth.

COOLIDGE. 20 mi SE of Gallup on US 66. Newspaper stories refer to a shooting and a hanging at Coolidge as early as 1882. Thomas Jefferson Coolidge, for whom the town was named, served as a director of the old A & P RR, now a part of the Santa Fe Line. Some notables living at, or in the area of, Coolidge in the past include Pistol Navarre, Al Tietjen, Fats Tietjen, Jack Cooper,Frankie Brown, Wilson Brock, Lawrence Elkins, D. J. Elkins, Henry Andrews and Bill Bass andNestor D Gonzales and Frank Gallegos who were partners in the cattle business."

On: http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/nm/coolidge.html

Titus

It has occurred to me that maybe the name Choka refers to a surname rather than a personal name.

In fact, I have found the surname Choca as a Hispanic surname on the internet, and also similar names such as Chocas, etc.

By the way, with all due respect to anyone's opinions, Coolidge certainly was not called like that thousands of years ago, and in general people don't usually remember lives that date from such a long time ago.So I personally favor a reconstruction which places Tiffany's previous life in the not too distant past.

Titus

About the other details:

"I agree with Cecily about the word "elephant". It might also refer to a larger bovine animal to mention just one possibility.

The names of the animals could all be based on Spanish names, as the suffix -ita or -ito is a diminutive in Spanish. For example Vaquita (pronounced Bakita) means little cow.

Kika even is a real Spanish name, namely Quica, short for Francisca.

"She said "Cowlidge" was Red and Blue and then it was Black." This statement may well be referring to (the aftermath of) the American Civil War. Red and Blue are colours of the Confederate Flag and Black may be related to the abolition of slavery.

Please keep us informed, Celeste!

Best wishes,

Titus

Okay, here goes. I asked her and you are right Cecily. She said it was a pink elephant. about a foot and a half wide and tall, (she showed me with her hands). As for what you said Titus Rivas, she said her other mommy took her to see that flag. I never told her anything just showed it to her and she said that also she said that it was "American" Just thought I would keep everyone posted. Thank you everyone for helping me with this stuff.

------------------
Celeste

Dear Celeste,

Thank you for this interesting information.

By the way, has Tiffany told you what her own name was and other such details (age at death, profession, whether she was married or not, any children, name of her possible husband, cause of death, etc.)? Especially if we get a family name, it might be possible to verify the whole story even more closely.

Of course, you know best how to ask her about more details without tiring her or stimulating her imagination rather than her memory.

About the birthmark: would you say it originally reminded you of some kind of scar and if so, of what type?

Best wishes,

Titus

There is a place called Kowaliga in Alabama that is pronounced the way you seem to have phonetically spelled your child's former home. Named for an Indian Chief, used for the inspiration for the Hank Williams Song Kaw-liga.

It is not a town but just an area around a creek of the same name, now inundated by Lake Martin.

The Elephant is also the mascot of the University of Alabama, they had a live one up until the early '50's although I think it mostly stayed with a circus, maybe Barnum & Bailey, but would be brought to town (Tuscaloosa) for special occasions.

I ramble on. Also the original statue of Kowaliga was a wooden cigar store Indian, but was replaced by a life-sized plaster statue. Local kids would usually break off its arm around graduation time, but sometimes completely destroy it.

When rebuilt it was often painted differently. I do remember one of the last versions having some curiously placed black, but I don't recall where. The costume usually did have lots of red and blue.

I apologize for not reading all the posts before starting, but Kowaliga is also about 45 miles from Montgomery, which was the first Capital of the Confederacy and where, until very recently, a Confederate Battle Flag (as depicted in the link above) flew over the Capitol Building.

Sorry that I have not written for a few days. I have been very busy, really busy and haven't had the time to take a break to use the computer. I have been asking her questions though and nothing. It is like she grows tired, of talking about it, very fast and gets annoyed with me and of course the questions. I cannot get her familys name, every time I ask she tells me "Choka" this is a wild guess here but maybe that was the last name. I honestly don't know. I have continued to ask little questions like "what did you and your family like to do together?" still nothing. It seems like I get more information than I want, when she decides that it is the best time to talk to me. When we were peeling nectarines the other night she said her "Mommy" used to do that for her. I started asking questions and she clammed up. My oldest son, he is 7, seemed to have a conversation with her the other day. He can't remember to well and he thought he had it confused but she told him something about her being big before she was little and born again. He tryed argueing with her and I had to interfere and let him know that she has some memories that he does not have. I don't know how else to explain it to him without him thinking I am crazy and her getting upset. Any ideas? As for the birthmark, I guess it kinda looks like a gunshot wound very small though. I don't know even really what a gunshot wound looks like. Some thing else, I have a birthmark above my ear and she has the same birthmark above the other ear. I was born with a beauty mark in between my eyes. My 4 year old son has a dark round mark on his right lower cheek. Nobody else in the family has his birthmark. I find it weird that Tiffany and I have the same birthmark though. What does it mean? Well its time I get to bed have to get up early to be with the family at the Hospital for my Father-in-laws Biopsy.

------------------
Celeste

I forgot to tell everyone that I have asked if she was married and she said yes but she can't remember his name.

------------------
Celeste

a followup on tiffany

Hello, everyone it has been quite some time since I logged in to this website. I am Tiffany's mother, had to change my user name a little because of the new email address. Just to get everyone up to speed, Tiffany is now 5 and still wonderful. With all my heart and soul I know this child has lived before she stilltalks about it out of the blue. Just little clues like my mom used to do that, or my family liked to go on walks. My husband believes it to he has heard some whoppers from her. The rest of our family thinks we are crazy though. Let them think that cause we know the truth. She is turning out to be quite smart also she knows things that her brother is just learning in school, 2nd grade, could it be carying over from her past life? Well I just wanted to catch everyone up. Thanks very much :D

Thanks for keeping us up to date, much appreciated ;)

As to Tiffany's smart nature...it could also be because she's inherently quick and sharp when it comes to absorbing information - or maybe she just has wonderful parents who teach her well.

Hello, everyone. Hope all is well. Sure is here. Tiffany is one smart cookie. I still get small bits of information from her. Alot of the time it comes out of the blue. The other day she told me that her Mom used lotion on her legs to keep them nice and smooth because she never shaved them. She has asked before what a razor is and I never understood why. Now I do, she truelly has never seen one before. It is amazing some of the things she can come up with. She amazes me every day. Bless her she is wonderful.:)

Thanks for the update, Celeste - we sure do enjoy hearing things "out of the mouths of babes". I'd wish I'd been so alert when my own daughter was younger!

Aimee

Back