• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

my son and the way he prays

Hi,
Yes yes yes Deborah! You have such good ideas and I think you are on to something. Fortunately, I just bought a book on children's meditations and will look one up for him tonight. Very good idea to focus on a positive outcome. Wish his friend was still here to do it with us.
Fab, I think I knew that my son and I were together many times before I even 'knew' it. I know that I was surprised by how much I loved my son when he was born. Maybe every first time mother feels this. I still think however that there is something different though. I was his mother many life times ago in Japan and was his friend in the French/Indian War lifetime. He told me some of this, I had my own memories to verify some of it and a psychic told me about one lifetime we've had together.
Vicky

It's interesting to hypothosize that even if a child were having accurate past life memories, their interpretations of those memories might not be accurate. Kids can often misintepret things in the adult world and it's easy for us adults to misintepret or be foggy on our own memories. Imagine how much more difficult it would be concerning a past life.

Perhaps it's as simple as your son remembering a life which he wasted, followed by a life in which he died young. Because he no longer has full access to his memories he draws a cause and effect relationship between those two lives which does not nessecarilly exist and then mistakenly applys it to his friend.

If I lived a past life in Japan, for example, I wouldn't be able to speak Japanese because what little I could remember is being filtered through my American born-and-raised physical brain. Similarly a child's past lives memories from a fully developed adult brain would be filtered, and possibly distorted through the less developed and more 'innocent' brain of a young child.

I guess what I'm getting at is it seems wise to keep in mind that a child's theories on the workings of the afterlife or heaven might be just as error-prone and as much personal opinion as any of ours. They might simply be remembering how thier past incarnation thought karma worked rather then accurately reporting on how it really works or if it even exists.

Hi Redgod,
I'm not sure I understand. If the lives don't necessarily exist, how can he remember them?
Funny you should mention Japan and not being able to speak Japanese. That's exactly how I found out about the Japanese lifetime. He said a word in Japanese and when i asked him what it meant, he described a tool. (verified later) When I asked him where he learned it, he said, 'don't you remember, Mommy?' I said 'no, honey I don't.' Never have I lept to the conclusion that he was talking about a past life. I thought maybe he saw something on tv and I was in the room. I wish it was always that easy Redgod because he went on to tell me about a whole lifetime in Japan. This is the only lifetime that he has spoken of where I was his mother.
Its hard to explain if you don't have kids that remember these kinds of things. Even harder to explain if you don't have kids at all.
I can tell you that every other 'story' he's ever told me eventually digresses and somewhere in the story Spiderman will appear or some character in the story will turn out to have super powers but not when he talks about these lives. When he told me about what sounds like his last life, he told me that his mother died in a car accident. He actually started to cry because he never got to say goodbye to her. He didn't hear about this in this life because they didn't take her to the hospital after the accident, they took her home where 'she lived for about an hour then died.' He described her broken leg and he's never seen anything like that in this life.
When my son talks about these things, its like he's not himself. Sounds older, more focused. Its really hard to explain. All I can say is 30 seconds before he started talking about this life time where his mother died, I did not believe in reincarnation and 30 seconds after he started talking, I had no doubt.
Vicky

vicky said:
Hi Redgod,
I'm not sure I understand. If the lives don't necessarily exist, how can he remember them?

I didn't want to derail another thread into a conversation about my beliefs. I just thought I'd throw out an alternate idea, another way of looking at thought, memory, and the difficulties of accurate interpretation in the context being discussed. Sorta a thought experiment, if you will. :shrug:

No biggie. :)

Hi Redgod,
I liked your post. I like that you think about things. I was specifically referring to the second paragraph in your post #9 where you said "he draws a cause and effect relationship between those two lives, which doesn't necessarily exist and applies it to his friend."
True question - I just don't understand your statement and was asking for clarification. How can he draw a cause and effect relationship between those two lives if the lives don't exist? Or is it the cause and effect relationship that doesn't exist?
I wish I could believe you Redgod. I don't want these things for my son. Some people do. It makes them think their kids are special and they have something to do with it. Not me--how many friends is my son going to have if he keeps talking like this, telling them they'll die early? How will he continue to learn in school with the thoughts and feelings of his classmates bombarding his brain every day. His teacher gets angry because he can't pay attention. He can't pay attention because 'he hears what people are thinking.' Nightime fears and worries that his uncle from his last life in Africa is going to come and get him from this life and take him back keep him awake until ten o'clock every night. Tired and cranky the next day. I wish this was something else. I wish that I didn't know he was remembering past lives because this would be an easier road. I'd take him to a doctor or find some other cure because this is not a life I would have chosen for him and not beliefs I chose for myself.
Vicky

Ah. Sorry I was unclear. I was refering specifically to the 'cause and effect' relationship not existing. Basically I was assuming, for the sake of discussion, that the past lives did exist, but that the nature of memory and difficulty of accessing past life memories might easily lead to a child drawing false conclusions from their spotty memories.

For example, I might remember my parents having an awful fight from when I was a little kid. But in fact it wasn't a bad fight at all and it was mostly a friendly argument. At that age I wasn't sophisticated enough to pick up those clues and thought they were really mad at each other and got really upset. I imagine similar or much greater misintepretations and difficulties could arise from a child trying to remember and understand the memories of a former life in an adult brain or different culture.

vicky said:
His friend said though that my son had told him that he had to be dead because he had 'wasted his last life.' He told him that 'he had already lived 99 lives but he had wasted the last one so he would die early in this one.'
Vicky

Hi Hun.

I read through this entire thread and the only thing I can say is that I'm sure you've noticed that your son..Eric is it or..hmm, I can't really remember..anyway, he has so many gifts that it must be incredibly wearing on you and him. From just reading this thread, I learned more about your special little boy than I've learned in the entire time I've read bits and pieces from you in this forum. From this I gathered, that he is an empath, that he can see his own past, that he can see into other's past's and into their thoughts and feelings. How amazing of a child!

Vicki, there is a reason that your son is here today and is able to do what he can. When Eric...Why do I keep saying that! When your son said that about the little boy, did you enquire of your son as to where he came up with that conclusion? Do you actively ask him how he sees things, how he feels about them? Do you ask him to elaborate when something puzzles you?

The reason I ask this is because I wonder that if he was given the opportunity to view his gifts as a true gift and was able to challenge his own mind as to why he believes these things or what gives him these thoughts and images; Maybe he'd be able to have more of a handle on them. They wouldn't be such an overwelming experience. Of course, he is only 6 but never underestimate the abilities of these little 6 year olds..lol.

I know your son engulfes your every thought for most of the entire day and I can see that all you care about is assisting him with what he is experiencing. Have you discussed with him that he does have unique gifts and explained that not everyone else has the abilities he has?

Sorry, If I'm giving advice that you have already put into action. I just wish there was a way that he could grasp his amazing gift and that you could easily hep him along with it. Both of you are truly special and I wouldn't be surprised if this amazing little boy you have eventually is able to take these gifts and turn them into something absolutely spectacular.

I would be interested to hear your son's explanation as to why he said what he did if you ever can get that from him.

:)

Hi Crissy,
Actually, I haven't explained to him that he has a gift but i think its a great idea. I told him once that not everyone remembers things like he does but I haven't stressed that particular aspect of it. I'm so glad when you reply to my posts because I like your ideas and we have the same type of son.
I always ask him how he knows things and i asked him this time and he said 'I just know.' I think i remember that you've heard that answer too. usually for my son, that means it is something that he remembers and usually is past life related.
When I told him that his friend may not want to think about dying young in this life and we should pray for him to live a long life, he told me 'I want to have a shor tlife this time.' I asked him why and he said 'because there are other worlds out there and i want to explore each and every one of them.'
I asked why he wouldn't just wait until this life was over to explore them and basically he said that he is so afraid in this world that he doesn't want to stay here. He was talking about his night time fears.
He was pretty straightforward about not wanting to come to this world in the first place. He wanted his lifetime to be somewhere else but not here. He loves us and wants us to go with him to the other worlds. i asked him about the other worlds and what they were like and frankly, he started talking way over my head.
What engulfs my every thought is my son saying he doesn't want to live. Even though he's not saying it in a depressed, want to die right now sort of way. Its hard to explain but what I see is a child who really understands the way the universe works and he doesn't believe you really die. He knows that you come back. He did ask me if the other worlds have families because he wants ours to be together.
Vicky

vicky said:
Hi Crissy,
Actually, I haven't explained to him that he has a gift but i think its a great idea. I told him once that not everyone remembers things like he does but I haven't stressed that particular aspect of it.

I think that it would help him in many ways. Since he is so young, he probably does not understand that what he knows and see's isn't something that everyone else knows and see's. For instance he talks so openly with other children as though those types of conversations should be a common task. He probably has mixed emotions because on one side every "gift" he possesses is something natural and easy for him but yet other individuals have odd reactions to the things he says or does not understand the things he speaks about.

I thought about this not to long ago after my son made the comment that he just wasn't like other children. If you are anything like me in which I have a hunch that you are; you tend to try to be as non chalant (msp?) about these experiences as possible so that you don't make him feel out of place or maybe say the wrong thing. I used to beat around the bush when it came to things he saw or said. I even beat around the bush when he overheard me speaking with my mother about my own experiences. The day after I told Anthony that he was correct in saying he was not like other children, he all of a sudden seemed to have a better grasp on things. As odd as that sounds, he seemed to be more accepting of himself and amazingly talked more openly to me about things than he ever had which in your case may open a whole new world up seeing as he is already so open now but yet still mysterious and closed off in his own way. Maybe he needs for you to explain that he is different and thats he's been given a magnificent gift.

vicky said:
I always ask him how he knows things and i asked him this time and he said 'I just know.' I think i remember that you've heard that answer too. usually for my son, that means it is something that he remembers and usually is past life related.

Yep, Anthony says that all the time!! I guess it give us a dose of our own medicine when we make that simple comment to them because we don't want to take the time to explain something. lol :rolleyes:

I just can't get over how in depth your son is. He's so amazing and i wish I could find another word to use seeing as I use that word all the time when referring to him but I just can't find another one that describes him any better. :D

vicky said:
When I told him that his friend may not want to think about dying young in this life and we should pray for him to live a long life, he told me 'I want to have a shor tlife this time.' I asked him why and he said 'because there are other worlds out there and i want to explore each and every one of them.'
I asked why he wouldn't just wait until this life was over to explore them and basically he said that he is so afraid in this world that he doesn't want to stay here. He was talking about his night time fears.
He was pretty straightforward about not wanting to come to this world in the first place. He wanted his lifetime to be somewhere else but not here. He loves us and wants us to go with him to the other worlds. i asked him about the other worlds and what they were like and frankly, he started talking way over my head.

Anthony has told me there is other worlds too! But he doesn't elaborate. He pops up with the dreaded, "Because I just know." He said something about us being on different levels and there is tunnels that we can't see but sometimes we're underground and don't know it...???? Ok, he so lost me on that and when I try to get elaborations, he just stops. I'm starting to see that side of him slowly start to fade away now and I'm sad to see it go thats why I think it's so incredible that your son is hanging on to his "gifts" so strongly. He is meant to keep them in my opinion and needs to know how special they are.

Hi Vicky! :)

I was wondering if you have an update for us...
Are you still doing searches on this lifetime? Has your son said anything else about Indians/arrows?

Hi fab,
We have had a few more conversations about this but very little new. I've remembered a few things that may tie in though. My son has been asking for over a year to go to England. I don't know why. We do have family there but he hadn't met them yet. He has since met them.
I also believe that his life as Martin William was a short one. He told me months earlier about a life around the same time period where he was an Indian and he said that he shot a general with an arrow. He mentioned the general's name.
It seems like the whole memory came to light after hearing about Martin Luther King. I think it was just the name Martin that instigated the memory.
He gets kind of confused. He tells me that he doesn't know how he knows these things. He, himself wonders if they really happened or not. He doesn't understand how he can be/look different from how he is now but yet he KNOWs he is that person. Some or most of all of this comes to him in dreams. I never really know what to say to him so I just tell him to trust what he feels and that I will write it all down so when he is ready to understand it, he can.
He has also told me since he could speak that he likes being a girl better. When I ask him why he says because he 'liked having long hair and sitting down to go pee.' When he started talking like this, I did not leap to the past life explanation but it sure makes sense now.
He is all boy but he used to talk about it so much it gave me pause. He rarely mentions it any more. I'm starting to understand how/why children forget. They just can't make sense of what they dream/remember and it doesn't correlate with this life they know. I think they eventually let it go.
Vicky

I know this is a very late reply...

hi Vicky,

I am sorry this reply is so late...I haven't been on the forum in a long time and I remembered to come here again a few days ago and have been reading all the threads... I just came across this one...

anyhow, could your son be trying to pray like Muslims do? The only thing is getting down on the ground isn't the only part of the prayer... but maybe he is only remembering that part?

I was wondering if he heard the Muslim call to prayer if he would recognize it or if it would seem familiar to him? If you are interested, here is a link to the call to prayer:

or maybe this one the words may by more clear:

also, at every prayer Muslims recite the first verse in the Quran so I wonder if it would seem familiar to him? Here is a link to one recitation of it:

another thing is Muslims don't put their hands in front if their head with palms touching.. .they have their palms touching the ground and the elbows stay off the ground. I mean, maybe he doesn't remember it perfectly but knows he had to go on the ground...

other than that, depending on how long ago this person he remembers is from, he still could have been Jewish as Jews used to pray almost exactly like Muslims do.

:)

Hi Phantomoon,
I just played the link and my son was in the room. He asked me what they were saying and he stopped playing to listen for a moment but I didn't see any recognition in him.
Interesting that you should mention that the Jews prayed the same way.
I am Jewish although not really raised so. I've decided to raise my son Jewish and have been taking him to temple and Hebrew School. From age 3, he has loved everything Jewish beyond just a normal interest in holidays or such.
One night while we were at temple, after the service while the kids were playing, my son just dropped to the floor and started praying in that position. The rabbi asked me what he was doing and I told her "that's how he prays.' She said, that is how the ancient Rabbis used to pray.
So, maybe that's it. Kind of gives me an idea to look for a picture of that.
Vicky

Hey!!! I guess that settles it. That is exactly what he does. We are certain he could not have seen that in this life especially since he started doing that at age 3.
Sometimes, he will lift his feet in the air but I think that's just a kid thing because he always starts out with them down and then will lift them up maybe as he gets bored.
Sadly, now he won't do it in front of anyone. I've found him hiding in the laundry room praying like that.
Vicky

Hi Vicky

You might ask him if he would like to have a place of his own in the house that is private and just his own as a place to pray. Then help him set it up.

Jack

Good idea, Jack. I think I need to talk to him first since he just started getting more private about it recently. I'm guessing that he dropped to the ground like that one too many times at school and someone laughed at him.
That is a nice solution and a good way to offer an alternative to hiding. Also, lets him know we support him praying.
Vicky

My 6 year old son - again

Last night my son told me that he wishes he and I could go back in time, to a lifetime that took place thousands of years ago. I asked him how we were related in that life time. Were we brothers, friends, mother and son? He said we weren't related like that. He said we were spirits. He said there were no people (either not yet or not where we were) and there were dinosaurs that were all reptiles. (I'm not completely sure he understands what a reptile is but he described them and it sounded about right)
He's talked about being a spirit before. He has told me that its not so bad if you die because then you can be a spirit and fly around and help people and prevent war.???
Does anyone know about dinosaurs? Were there really reptile dinosaurs before 'the really big ones?'
Does anyone else remember ever existing in a time where there were no people and remember a time spent as a spirit?
Vicky

Well, there were certainly reptile-like predecesors to the dinosaurs, but they lived far, far longer ago then just 'thousands' of years ago. Try 200 million years ago.

It's really difficult to grasp numbers this large. I prepared a little graphical aid to try to communicate just how long ago the early dinosaurs actually lived.

Right click on this and open it in another window. Then you'll probably need to click on the loaded image once to have it display full size.

See that little white square in the upper left corner? That's a thousand years. Now scroll through the full image using the side bars. Every square is a thousand years. All of recorded human history can be represented with just five or six little squares. There should be 200,000 of them, representing 200,000,000 years.

That's a really, really, really long time.

Yea Vicky I can relate to what he is saying. I will try and keep this simple. The time period that your son refers to is also one of my earlist memories that I picked up on a little over 25 years back. The term "spirt" is generalized in his case I suspect do to a lack of vocabulary.

What I'm going to discribe would be much easier if we could sit down and read the records of this planet in another plane, so I won't even claim that this is "fact" It is more like my own understanding.

When life 1st started apearing on this planet, the planet itself was much closer to the astral plane in vibration then it is now. Consider the astral plane to be like water. It's hard if you slap it with the flat of your hand, but much more plyable if you go into it slowly or with a pointed edge of some sort.
The phsyical is more like a brick wall on this planet. You arn't going to penitrate it unless you have a way to cut it.

So the planet was initially occupied by life forms that were astral in nature. (I personaly consider any life form to have a soul giving it life, but the counsiousness of that soul is not the same from speices to speices). Earth was used as a place by soul where they could experment and interact in a near phsyical form. As karma was accrued by souls and the planet aged refecting the affects of this karma upon it it became more solid and therefore the souls coming here had to have more and more solid bodies to interact on it.

The karma acting on the planet is like diet on our own bodies, the worse the diet the faster we age.

Feel free to ask for clarification.

Jack

Hi Jack,
I was hoping you'd see this post and reply. You talked about the spirits existing and interacting in near physical form. That is what my son described.
You're right about his vocabulary limiting his expression of his thoughts. When he talks about numbers of years, I have to remember that he is only in kindergarten and he can only count to a thousand so has no concept of any number beyond that except more thousands.
I'd like to hear more but I really try not to ask him about these things. However, I'm stuck because I don't know about these things and I didn't know if there were 'spirit life forms' before there were people.
Thanks for clearing that up.

As far as I know dinausaurs are considered to be reptiles.
Technically, here is how researchers generally define dinosaurs. This is based on physical characteristics that all true "dinosaurs" are supposed to have in common:

1. underslung legs that gave dinosaurs an erect posture
2. a large hole in the bottom of their basin-shaped hip-socket
3. a secondary palate (uncharacteristic of reptiles) that permits dinosaurs to eat and breathe at the same time
4. a fairly straight thigh bone with an in-turned head
5. two pairs of holes in the temporal region of the skull (diapsid skull)
6. backward-pointing knees (or elbows) of the front legs
7. forward-pointing knees of the rear legs (rather than pointing sideways)
8. front legs shorter and lighter than the rear legs (in almost every case)
9. a special bone (predentary) at the chin that capped the front of the bottom jaw in some dinosaurs (the ornithischians)
10. land-dwelling creature, rather than marine or airborne

But interesting thread!

Thanks sopihiel,
I feel comfortable asking him to define what he thinks a reptile is so I'll do that. Maybe he will bring it up again.
Has anyone else heard about spirit forms existing before people but at the same time as dinosaurs?
Vicky

vicky~

I have read that sometimes we "train" on different planets in spirit form to prepare for our material lives here. Some planets are similar to earth while others aren't. That doesn't entirely answer your question, but it may offer a tidbit. I think I read that in Journey of Souls.

Also ... could it not be that we all were, at one time, dinosaurs?

I'm interested to know why he wishes the two of you could return to that point in "time" (I'm using the word time loosely, as I have the inkling that time doesn't exactly exist in the spiritual realm as it does here).

He has told me before that there are other worlds and that he would like to go to them. He says he doesn't like it here and that he is scared here. Frankly, I don't think he likes the way the learning occurs on this planet. He is a little lazy as far as his physical responsibilities like homework, chores etc. He will say that he doesn't like to work. It seems (though I am only surmising) that it was a time when he has less responsibilities.
Vicky

Hmmm...

Well, something I told my husband the other day - - my philosophy is that "life" is a series of challenges, i.e., lessons or "classes." Sometimes things seem pretty tough, while othe times it seems a little easier, but there is always *some* form of a challenge going on. At least, that's the way *my* life has been. Earth life is school for the soul and while it's not always easy, we're here for a reason. I think we often choose to incarnate with "familiar" souls that can aid us on our journey and that we help each other. In reading through your threads of you and your son, I feel pretty strongly that you two are here to help each other and have for many incarnations. You might remind him that he's here to help you here on earth and that you are going to help him as well and that it's not time to go back to that other place and time because you haven't finished what you are here to learn/do (implying that any attempt to return too soon would probably only bring you right back into a similar earthly life to learn the lessons you came here to learn this go-round).

The thing is - - some years back, I went through some seriously trying times - - several loved ones passed in a short time, lots of tragedies and traumas coinciding all at the same time or one right after the other. I was "involved" personally in some of these tramatic events. I got to a point where I felt very alone and my soul was exhausted because every time I tried to "lead a normal life," the sky would fall. I guess I became depressed, but honestly, I was just tired of it all and was seriously contemplating "checking out." Seriously, as in, thinking out the details. At one point when I was getting nearer to refining my thoughts on it, some "voices" piped up in my head that told me if I checked-out now, I'd come right back and continue with those same types of challenges because they were "life lessons" I had to experience. Ugh!! I didn't want to have to make it linger or possibly even have to "re-experience" any of it! Just like if you fail a school course, you have to take it over or you can't proceed. Well, I stuck it out and the "rough ride" got a little easier. Yes, there are still challenges that happen (although not to the degree as they were at that time). But my perspective has also changed and I realize that no matter the difficulties life brings, I have to find the lessons in each challenge that comes along.

Sorry for the long story, but I hope you find something helpful in it. I know you can't relay all of that to your son, but you may be able to help him understand that he chose you, just as you chose him and you are very happy that he's here with you now, even if you both aren't in your "ideal world."

*hugs*

Hi Moon dancer,
I worry about my son thinking about suicide because he brings it up a lot, though in a slapstick sort of way. I honestly don't know where he could have learned about this or heard the word even. It sounds worse than is probably is. However, I do believe that suicide or something about it resonates with him. I've been told by a psychic that he killed himself in his last life. I agree with you that a soul must return to learn the lessons they agreed to. I just have to decide how much of that I want to explain to him right now since I don't believe at this time that he is at great risk. He is actually a very happy little boy with a wonderful life, parents that love him etc. so it is hard to reconcile his comments.
Its hard to know what he understands and what he is ready to hear. When he complains to me about whatever household rule he is wanting to break, I remind him that he helped God to choose me to be his mommy and that by respecting our rules that he is taking responsibility for that.
I believe he and i have had a some lifetimes together. He's told me about quite a few of them. I am starting to see some of my lessons in my relationship with him. I sense that he needed to have a lifetime where he could have parents and family that were totally devoted to him and he's getting that this time. I hopw he finds all he came here for but sometimes it seems like trying to put all of the pieces to a puzzle together when you can't see the picture on the box.
Vicky

HI :)

I just want to comment here - that I had the pleasure of meeting Vicky and her son yesterday. Vicky's son is "all boy" and a very interesting young man. My only regret was that I didn't spend more time with him.....I was having too much fun talking to you Vicky. : angel Not to mention he was having fun with my dogs and watching cartoons.

You are a wonderful mother Vicky and he is a lucky little boy. ;) Especially since you are paying close attention, taking notes and observing his memories with an open mind.

Namaste

Thanks.:) We really enjoyed meeting Deborah. My son loved her dogs, her son and her yard. It was a complete pleasure to finally meet someone from CPL face to face.

Deborah was the first person to answer some of my questions back in the beginning when my son started talking about his past lives so it is fitting that she is the first person that he met from CPL.

Thanks for the lovely dinner.
Vicky

I'll never miss a chance again

A few years back I was taking care of a 4 year old boy and his invalid grandmother while his parents worked. The boy, gm, and I sat down together for lunch when out of the blue, matter-of-factly, the little boy turns to me and says "Lisa, did you know I died before?" I was stunned. He went on to say "Yep. I burned up. I wrecked my car and it caught on fire. I banged and banged on the window but couldn't get out and I burned up." Then he just went on to talk about his favorite cartoon Blues Clues.

Grandmother looked at me and said "Now if you need proof of reincarnation...there it is. He's been saying that since he could talk."

From then on I really began believing. I always felt it was possible, but that moment proved it for me. Unfortunatley, I never persued the issue with this child and now, at the age of 10, he doesn't remember the story or the past life. How sad I never got more information.:(

Back