• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Napoleonic soldiers

GreenKnight

Senior Registered
Greetings all

Just woke up from a very vivid dream. Need some help.
Does anyone know anything about Napoleonic soldiers?
More specifically, the Imperial Guard Seaman units? All I have found so far is a tiny picture.
I hesitate to post the entire long dream here since nobody
maybe interested. (I tend to be a thread killer anyway. Once I post the thread comes to a screeching end. :o ) But am willing to share with anyone who is interested.
Anyway Napoleonic soldiers anyone?
 
hi, sorry i don't know anything about Napoleonic soldiers,:(
but i would love to hear about your dream!:thumbsup:

bye,vintage_rose,:)
 
The information is stored somewhere in my memory. I haven't fully explored my life during the Napoleonic era. Not entirely familiar with that specific unit, but I am willing to listen to your dream. :)
 
I'd also like to hear about your dream GreenKnight, i have some memories of my own from that time period, so i'd be interested.

Napoleon's Guard Infantry has a section on the Imperial Guard Seaman, hope this helps.

Chris..;)
 
Thanks all. Yes Chris that's it minus the plume in the hat. The dream (below) is a little long so I apologize to the moderators fot the space taken up.


In the dream I am a soldier. Actually I look like one of those old fashioned lead toy soldiers



Along with 2 or 3 other guys dressed similarly, we are in a huge room (a train station type of place) waiting to escort some VIP's. My uniform is a beautiful shade of metallic blue. We all wear those tall cylinder hats with a tiny visor. Ours are white. We also wear white soft leather gloves.

The VIP's have arrived. I am assigned to bring a small suitcase or valise over to a small table and place it there.

One of the VIPs is a young slender girl with light brown hair.
She is wearing a light green dress with many ribbons and many layers. She bends over the valise to open it just as I am placing it on the table and my face almost touches her head. I can't see her face, she is bent over but I smell lovely perfume.

Her hair is about shoulder lenght and not smooth and silky but kind of "wiry" which I don't usually find appealing but still, I want to touch it.
Of course, I never touch her and step back.

Later we are on a carriage. Soldiers on one side, ladies on the other. I don't look at her, I don't look
at anything but my tall shiny black boots. But I am imagining touching her face and hair.
Next I am alone in a small room that looks like a privy. I am sick to my stomach and want to cry because I will never see her again.
 
Thanks for sharing, GreenKnight. Very interesting memory, and it wasn't too long at all.

Interesting that you felt so emotional about that girl, was that the first time that you'd ever seen her? Do you remember if she saw you at all? Perhaps there was a soul connection between you. Maybe the reason that you had this memory is because she may be about to make an appearance in your current life in whatever incarnation she is in now, perhaps?

Please keep us updated.

Chris..;)
 
Hi GreenKnight,

Hey, I thought I was the only thread killer! ;)

I had a great grandfather who was a soldier in Napoleons Guard. I've always wanted to research this more, so I'll be watching what you come up with. Family lore tells us he was a personal guard, sent to America when Napoleon went into exile.

It's interesting, your attachment to the girl. As you think about it now, what do you think? How do you feel? I look forward to more of your story.

Tinkerman
 
Awww, GreenKnight, don't be silly! :tongue: I post a lot longer posts myself and as you see everyone loves to read about dreams/memories like yours. :thumbsup:

Here is a thread for you from the archives - about Napolenic war memories. I think our member Peter_V knows a lot about the topic, but I can see he hasn't been here since last November. You could try to PM or email him, maybe he could help you.

Your dream was just fascinating, please keep us posted! :)

Karoliina
 
Thank you for sharing GreenKnight, it sounds like an interesting memory/dream. I look forward to hearing any updates you might have about it . Sorry I cant offer you any information on the Napolean era as I dont know anything about it. Good luck with exploring more of this memory.

Kind Regards
Kay
 
Thanks every one for your inputs. Yesterday when I posted I had just woken up from this dream and had only done a very quick search. The picture I found fits exactly with the metallic blue uniform, yes, except that the hat was not white. But today I have been concentrating on the tall cilynder like hats. They are called shakos and have been worn by lots of other armies other than Napoleon's. In fact they are still part of the dress uniform in Military academies today. I have not found a better match for the metallic blue uniform though. I guess the fashion of the dress worn by the lady might be another clue. I will try that next but ladies fashions is not one of my strong points!:confused:
 
Hello GreenKnight,

I found a link for you in our research reference thread with pictures of costumes from ancient to modern times.

Karoliina
 
Hi GreenKnight,

Thanks for your dream. Very fascinating. I did not think it was very long at all.

I would like to know more about the girl and why you felt sick and so forth, although it is always fascinating how these historical details, such as uniforms, hat and boots, check out so consistently with the facts.
 
Hi GreenKnight,

Thanks for sharing your dream with us. I also found it interesting and found myself wanting to know more about the girl. :D

Great validations with the uniform! :thumbsup:

I hope you'll keep us posted on your findings!


Aili
 
Thank you Karoliina for the great link about the fashions through the years. I saw a dress there very similar to the one in my dream. The time period is the 1870's which would definetly not be Napoleonic, so I need to work on the uniform angle more.
There is not much to say about the girl. I din't even see her face. I must have known her more than the few flashes I got. There is no accounting for the deep emotional attachment otherwise.

Thanks everyone for the help and input. You guys are the best.
 
Let us know if you get any more insights Greenknight. I suspect there is a bit more to discover about all of that.

Strong feelings are one of those things that indicate a deeper relationship after all. Maybe a relationship existing in more than one life?
 
Back
Top