• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Past Life Flashbacks - Various Members

Ailish

Administrator Emerita
The following thread is for sharing memories that don't have enough information to start a whole thread about them. Share your spontaneous, dream, regressions or meditation memories here. :D

Flashbacks

When I completelly concentrate I can see green grass and a magnificent white stone castle in the distance. The casle is in an E shape with various stones scattered across the land. The land is big and in the middle of some mountains and hills. I have beliefs that it's somewhere in Great Britain or Ireland. And somewhere in the 18th or 19th century from how the castle looks. It's really old looking.

I also have enormous pulls towards Great Britain and everything to do with it, especially with the peerage. And if I really concentrate I can see a woman wearing a crimson red dress robe made of brocate (did I spell that right?) and has green eyes and reddish-blonde hair.

Anyway, those flashbacks also occur when I'm not concentrating, but then they only last a second or two, but I always have the same flashback with what I told you about before.

Possible Scandinavian/Spanish Past Lives

Hi everyone :)

I've been a lurker around here for ages now, and thought I'd finally get around to posting.

I don't remember any previous incarnations with certainty, however a couple of dreams I've had over the years have been intense and detailed enough to make me think that they may have been past lives.

In one I was male, it was WWII, and I was rescuing Jewish people, taking them across a lake in a boat from one Scandinavian country to another (I can't remember which one to which, I think it was Norway-Finland or the other way around. I wish I'd written it down!) I think the boat capsized and I died. I have a real fear of water in this life, I hate boats with a passion.

In another dream, I was in Spain as a maid or something, my sister was in danger (also my sister in this life) and I was trying to protect her. But protecting her involved having to kill King Phillip II! It felt like he was a bad person. I failed in killing him, and I think I was killed for trying.

Both were very real and intense for me. And I knew absolutely nothing about, and had no interest in, either subject before these dreams.

Kristy

Sunken graveyards..

I have a memory of dying in a boat that tipped upside down. I remember specifically because we had to move up into the bottom part of the ship
and I remember thinking about it and the feeling of it while climbing a ladder.

I remember there were two other people specifically with me, and that I was wearing a red dress and strappy heels. I was an adult women I think, and a brunette. I did end up drowning when finally at a dead end and chose to drown rather than get eaten by sharks. I remember this all very peacefully and without any angst or panic. I have had this memory since I was about 7, and have always wondered about it.

My husband however has a very partial memory, but very voilent. He's convinced he was killed by sharks and fears them still.

If anyone has any ideas on what boat this could have been I would be, or has read of anything similar to this interested in hearing it.

If I had to choose a date I would say more recent.
Between 1930-s-1960's (?????????)

Thanks Lara

HI Victoriasmum,

Do you get a sense of where the boat was headed to? Do you get a sense of where the boat was coming from? Was it a "boat" or was it a "ship"? How many people were on it? Thousands? Hundreds? Or a few?

To pin point the exact ship/boat would be difficult without some more specific details.

Thank you for sharing; it is interesting that your husband is afraid of sharks and you remember choosing not to die that way.

My gut instinct to say it was a leisure trip rather than business. Again the memories below are what I have I have some very choppy thoughts that go along with them. For instance I remember while climbing the ladder losing a shoe. I remember thinking there was water below, I remember thinking I didn't want to fall and die like someone else had. There were at least two other people climbing with me, and I had a sense we had lost others.

I remember that the loss of direction from the boat tipping over felt weird. Since I was in fact climbing up, to the bottom of the boat. If that makes sense.

As far as the rest I couldn't even begin to presume where the boat might have come from, where it was going, or how many people where on it. At the point that I begin such conjecture, I start to think too much on it to take my intuition seriously, lol.

Thanks again for the replies! I'm very happy to have found this site!
Take care, Lara

Previous life in China ?

G,day all,

I believe in my previous life I lived in China/ Tibet. I have had various pointers to this all my life but I didn't start taking my reincarnation seriously until a certain dream a few years ago. I am not going to go into detail about the dream (that would bore you) but I will say I was in a buddhist monestery in Tibet and when I woke up I was able to draw a map of the area including roads mountains etc. I actually matched up my map with one of Tibet and found the location, Samding Monastery. I also found a picture of the monestery and it was a squat squarish structure overlooking a lake (as per dream).

There are a few other interesting things, I was born in September 1969 so therefore I was concieved in December 1968 right in the middle of the cultral revolutions worst excesses in Tibet. I am a practicing Buddhist (well I try to practice anyway) and I gravitate to the Tibetan schools of Buddhism. Even though the Chinese communist's were harsh on the Tibetans I don't hate them and am fasinated by both the Chinese and Communism (I've been to China twice). When I was a young kid I always thought of Tibet being seperate from China (Mt Everest was always in Tibet not China). I have also had feelings of deja vu and the sensation of 'why an I here and now?'.

I believe I was a Tibetan or Chinese Buddhist living in and around Samding who may have come to grief during the cultral revolution. This may all be wishfull thinking but I feel in my heart that there maybe some truth in what I say.

I would like help in finding my previous incarnation. The reason being is as a Buddhist I may have been privy to certain teachings in my previous life. If I can find out who I was I can then try and find out the teachings. And also I'm curious :thumbsup:

Cheers, Mick.

past life as a medieval muslim

i thinkt that in one of the past lives I was a muslim man. In this life I am a white European woman. But I had some bizarre things happening in life, specially in relationship with opposite sex, which did not have much logical explanation. So i first turned to astrology and second to reincaranation. So for a period of time I walked around with the questions about my past lives in my mind.

Once when I was alone at a holyday home I fell asleep. The dream I saw was one of those non-ordinary dreams where what is happening seems to be real. In a dream I was a muslim man, with a white turban on my head. Me and somebody who was a companion or friend of mine (a man) were climbing to a roof of a mud-brick shed, that was quite small and had a from of a cubicle. The roof was partly made from logs, partly filled with mud(?) and there was some loose hay on the roof as well.

We were spying on something or somebody from this roof, that was partly hidden with trees and bushes. I do not know what we were spying exactly, but it was some kind of military spying.

I have feeling I was some sort of medium-rank noble, somebody who had some land, wealth, and influence, but was not a first-class top-dog.

When I woke up, the first sentence that came from inside me was: "I was a muslim man who had many wives."

It was like a telegram that my subconsciousness had sent to myself. I think it might be a bit of true information, because it was nothing that I expected.

In fact, i was shocked. First of all, I do not want to be a man, not in this life or in any future lives. Secondly, I do not like the idea of having multiple partners at all. My idea of a normal relationship is one man / one woman.

I had feeling that this man (me) lived some time around 11th of century. But I am not sure where. I assume in Middle East but I am not quite sure.

Years ago I had another, re-occuring dream (the dream where i was a muslim man I saw once), where I saw a medieval muslim city on the shore of a sea. The sea must have been Mediterranean, where else could it be?

The city was always very clear in in this dream, touchable and three-dimentional. Sometimes i was able to walk at some streets of the city. In the middle of the city was always a high mosk. The sea was clear-blue, of aquamarine colour. The seashore had a form of a bay.

But i was no character in this re-occuring dream, just a bodyless spirit, observing eye. And for some reason I have feeling that the city was from 14th century, so perhaps I had a few muslim lives.

Other associations: I have always had strong attraction to Middle Eastern culture, specially to ethnic music from this area and dance forms. I know that majority of the authentic ancient tunes from Middle East are unbearable to the average European listener. I know many people who have run out of the room while exposed to these tunes. They sound rough and scratchy to the contemporary ear. But I can listen to these tunes for ages.

I have travelled in a few muslim countries in this lifetime and eventhough
I could not be further from their culture by the background of my current life, I always felt it easy to communicate with muslim people. i felt relaxed and quite at home in muslim environment.

Posted by: Melinda

Welcome to the forum Melinda,

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I find them very interesting. I am also grateful you have shared them since a recent topic was -"Where are all the Muslim past lives?"

It is an odd feeling to notice that you are the opposite sex - isn't it? Almost shocking. :eek: That feeling is not something you can imagine or make up.

Are you keeping a journal of your dreams and experiences? It might prove to be an important tool for you especially when researching in the future.

Dear Deborah,

It was nice to be welcomed.

I have tried to keep diary at different periods of my life but it always soon falls flat because in the morning you generally need to rush to work or somewhere and I am a nightperson who in the morning sleeps till very last minute and then rushes out in panic, eating sandwich on my way to bus stop.

I used to see lots of clear and unusual dreams still 7-8 years ago. But now they have stopped. Perhaps because I live at the moment in a very big city which has very materialistic atmosphere and sometimes I feel that the connection with the stars and universe is blocked by huge amount of materialistic and negative thoughts that this city is producing. I can almost feel some invisible dome above this city that cuts us off from the universe.

Melinda

Georgian England (late 1700s)

I have a few memories of living in the UK in the second half of the 18th century. Nothing special, just memories of being a mom, taking care of a bunch of kids. I love all things from Georgian England/Colonial America (I think of the two as the same country). I love music from the Classical period (1750-1820)--Mozart is my favorite musician, along with other Classical composers--and my favorite children's literature (other than Dr. Seuss) is Mother Goose (many of the rhymes were written in the 17th and 18th centuries).

Sometimes, when I was a kid, I would picture myself as a girl with long, straight, blond hair, in an old-fashioned dress (I have short curly brown hair and I'm a man in this life).

Does anyone else have PLs from Georgian England (1720-1840)?

Hi nica,

I tried it in the language identifier online and it came up with Italian. Without a clear spelling it's a little more difficult to try and figure it out. I tried a few things on the Babelfish translator and the closest it gave me was sacro meaning sacred and canto (not panta, sorry!) meaning song. I don't know if these are completely accurate or not -- but it may give you a few ideas of where to start looking.

Good luck and let us know if you find out the origins!

Ailish

Hi Nica,

I have a friend from Kenya; he speaks five languages. I could ask him. ;)

I will get back to you on this and the other post this evening. :)

past life experience

I am very inexperienced in all the beliefs in past life regression. I would like to relate an experience i had, to see if anyone could give me some feedback.

I got a past life regression CD, and tried it. I saw images from the year(I think) of October, 16, 1656. There was a settlement high on a mountain, with a fort. The people were dressed as (Quaker), comes to mind. There was a petite, very fair haired , fair skinned girl there. There was a (raid?) or something that day, and her new husband, who was much older than her shot her accidently, because the gun he was using looked like a horn. The feeling I got was very salt of the earth kind of people, very religious. There was a river down below the settlement, and the house were she lived, was so the river could be seen. I beleive this was in America. This bothered me several days after, I kept seeing her face, and the visions of dried out timothy weeds, blowing in the sun. I have done 2 more regressions, but haven't had any more visions of these people. Is this unusual, to only see theings once. I dont know if this was real, or imaginary. I know I was shocked to wind up in a place I never heard of,(New Sweden?) I have always been drawn to the Titanic, Civil War, Tudor England, Ancient Egypt. I thought I might visit those places, but saw this. Any ideas?

Thanks

Suebee

From my friend in Holland -

I hope this helps :thumbsup:

I have attached a Word document that may be useful in trying to decifer what the terms or the phrase Sacropanta Neglité means. If at all the term exists it would be of Latin origin. I'm sure it's neither French, Spanish, Dutch, Swahili nor (Luhya nor Kisii - the other 2 African languages that I speak) ha ha ha! LOLOLOL. The search continues, I guess. I hope the attached document proves useful.

Latin to English Online Dictionary – by William Whitaker

http://archives.nd.edu/words.html

Two words

May be 2 words combined (sacro+panta) If not obvious, probably incorrect

pant.a N 2 8 NOM P N

pant.a N 2 8 VOC P N

pant.a N 2 8 ACC P N

panton, panti N N [FXXEN] Medieval uncommon

everything;

sacr.o ADJ 1 2 DAT S M POS

sacr.o ADJ 1 2 DAT S N POS

sacr.o ADJ 1 2 ABL S M POS

sacr.o ADJ 1 2 ABL S N POS

sacer, sacra, sacrum ADJ [XEXAX]

sacred, holy, consecrated; accursed, horrible, detestable;

sacr.o N 2 2 DAT S N

sacr.o N 2 2 ABL S N

sacrum, sacri N N [XEXCX]

sacrifice; sacred vessel; religious rites (pl.);

sacr.o V 1 1 PRES ACTIVE IND 1 S

sacro, sacrare, sacravi, sacratus V [XEXBX]

consecrate, make sacred, dedicate;

Latin Dictionary and Grammar Aid – University of Notre Dame

http://archives.nd.edu/research/dictionary.html

http://archives.nd.edu/latgramm.htm

neglectio -onis f. [neglect].

neglectus -us m. [neglect , disregard].

neglegentia -ae f. [carelessness , negligence].

neglego -legere -lexi -lectum [to neglect , disregard; to make light of, overlook, omit]. Hence partic. neglegens -entis, [careless]; adv. neglegenter.

Mourning dark blue dress & veil

Hello, again.
It's my second post here. Since early childhood I have been haunted by an image of a middle-aged woman dressed in dark blue long velvet dress with a veil upon her face. The scene is somewhere near the cemetery entrance/ near grave at deep night. The image triggers fear. It's definitely 19th century.
Yesterday I found in wikipedia that such mourning elements (dark blue dress and a veil) is common death etiquette for North America though the veil is not so common now. I live far from this continent now.
Has anyone had similar experiences? Can you help me get more background info on North American funeral and mourning practice?
Thanks!

Hiya HeavenChild,

Here is something I found on 19th century clothing and funeral rites.

Stages:

In nineteenth century England, a widow was expected to remain in mourning for over two years. The rules were slightly less rigid for American women.

Full mourning, a period of a year and one day, was represented with dull black clothing without ornament. The most recognizable portion of this stage was the weeping veil of black crepe. If a women had no means of income and small children to support, marriage was allowed after this period. There are cases of women returning to black clothing on the day after marrying again.

Second mourning, a period of nine months, allowed for minor ornamentation by implementing fabric trim and mourning jewellery. The main dress was still made from a lusterless cloth. The veil was lifted and worn back over the head. Elderly widows frequently remained in mourning for the rest of their lives.

Half mourning lasted from three to six months and was represented by more elaborate fabrics used as trim. Gradually easing back into color was expected coming out of half mourning. All manner of jewellery could be worn.

The standard mourning time for a widower was two years but it was up to his discretion when to end his single stage. Men could go about their daily lives and continue to work. Typically young unmarried men stayed in mourning for as long as the women in the household did.

Mourning for parents ranked next to that of widows; children mourning for their parents or parents for children being identical. One year was the standard length: six months in crepe, three in second, and three in half mourning. Second mourning, without full mourning, is suitable for parents-in-law. After one month in black, lilac should follow.

Young children were never kept more than one year in mourning. No female under the age of 17 was to wear creped full mourning.

Fabrics:

A full widow’s weeds (archaic word for garment) in the mid 19th century required a crepe dress with a plain collar and broad weepers cuffs made of white muslin, a bombazine mantle (cloak), and a crepe bonnet with veil for outdoors. A widow’s cap was for indoor use.

Crepe, used for the veil and trim, is the fabric most associated with mourning. The fabric is made from silk and similar to crepe de chine; in this instance “crepe” refers to the crinkled surface of the lightweight fabric. Mourning crepe was made from gummed tightly twisted silk threads. It was a volatile and hazardous fabric. In the rain, it would shrivel and practically disintegrate. Rainproof crepe was introduced at the turn of the 20th century, but it didn’t change things much. Constant breathing through the fabric caused many respiratory health problems.

Dresses were made from henrietta and melrose trimmed with crepe. Henrietta cloth was a twilled fabric with a silk warp and worsted weft that has the appearance of a twilled front and smooth back, and the feel of cashmere. Melrose was a linen named for the town in Scotland it came from. Bombazine was used by the less affluent in the beginning of the Victorian era. It was a fabric that mixed silk and wool.

As the crepe wore out it was removed and replaced with fresh material. An economical woman could use an old dress in full mourning; some women dyed a dress black for this purpose.
Caps, cuffs, and collars could all be made from lawn. The name comes from the town Laon in the north of France. The fabric is a linen that was used mainly for garments worn by the clergy. A fine, sheer, plain-weave cotton, made from high quality yarns. For the less affluent, collars and cuffs were also made from muslin, a variety of cotton weaves originally made in the Middle East. (Today’s muslin is incredibly coarse by comparison.)

Hope that helps a little!

Ailish

Hi suebee,

That sounds like a neat experience!

This bothered me several days after, I kept seeing her face, and the visions of dried out timothy weeds, blowing in the sun.

That happens to me as well, when I've had a memory certain things just seem to stay with me for a few days. How did you feel during the experience? Did you notice a difference in the depth of the emotion behind it?

I have done 2 more regressions, but haven't had any more visions of these people. Is this unusual, to only see theings once.

I can only speak from my own experience, but I have managed to see several lifetimes with excellent clarity, many times over. It takes some work though. ;) Don't be discouraged if you aren't going back to the same life every single time you try a regression.

I would recommend documenting the things you do see -- that way you can come back to them. Sometimes pieces of the puzzle fit together more clearly that way. (I do this with my dreams as well -- you can find many, many clues there if you pay attention)

In my case -- guided regression cd's don't work very well. I find it distracting to be "led" to different places -- and when I get there, I kind of feel rushed through the experience. :eek:

I prefer to meditate in silence -- or use the original OM cd by William Buhlman. Before I start the meditation, I focus clearly on the intent -- and I ask to be shown the things I need to see.

It sounds like some places/times strongly resonate with you --that is a great place to start.;)

Keep us posted!

Ailish:)

I have meditated for 50 years, and while I started out doing so somewhat casually, the longer I have been involved, and the older I get, the more serious and devoted to my purpose and results I become. Much as Ailish has said, I focus on my intentions more than any hoped for goals, since I'm open to any PL experience I might receive.

I also keep detailed notes of my experiences, so I can get a better understanding of where I've been. Before I start a meditation session, I often read over recent notes, or maybe review older notes that tie in to recent sessions. But once I'm ready to meditate, I simply focus inward without trying to influence anything.

Ailish, I have never used any aids or tools, other than discussing reincarnation with a close friend. But I'm always open to anything that might enhance my PL experiences and my overall knowledge and understanding. Could you touch briefly on the use and benefits of the original OM cd by William Buhlman that you mentioned? I'd appreciate it.

John

Hi John,

But once I'm ready to meditate, I simply focus inward without trying to influence anything.

That is definitely the most important part, imo. As Deborah mentions in another thread:

Next time you meditate - go to your heart center. Bring your consciousness to your souls center (HEART) and enter IN. Do not try to see anything -let the heart show you. Be aware of your thoughts, feelings and emotions. The heart has - very clear vision. . And remember - you are there not to see something outside of yourself - everything is within.

Now, about the OM cd :) Buhlman's cd uses precisely tuned sound waves are that are used to create binaural beats. The binaural beat brings the right and left hemispheres of the brain together in synchronization. This is conducive to expanded states of consciousness.

The idea is that you have a different tone in each ear and your brain takes the difference between the two tones and resonates at this differential frequency. So if you have a beat frequency of 97 Hz in your left ear and 103 Hz in your right ear, your brain will perceive it as a 6 Hz differential, and your brain will resonate at this frequency in the Theta range.

Theta is the frequency range associated with a hypnotic, deeply relaxed states of consciousness. Lucid Dreams are more prone to occur in Theta. The mind is in a twilight state and is prone to free association resulting in amazing mental images. Many PSI phenomenon are noted to occur in Theta. It is also said that the best moments of creativity occur mostly when Theta waves are a majority.

I hope that helps!

Ailish :)

Thank you Ailish, for the information and the link. Still being new here, I feel I'm playing hop scotch following so many enlightening links. I believe I have had lucid dreams over the years, but I've never put a label to them. I guess my next step is to do a search of lucid dreams to help me better understand the whole ball of wax. I really like the sharing I've seen here, we all can contribute at the same time we're learning.

John

dream that is now driving me crazy

Several months ago (maybe a year), I had a dream that I was leaving a house in the evening, like after a dinner party, and this was around the 1900's, give or take a few years. I'm thinking maybe 1910's or so. The house was a big, red stone or red brick, romanesque victorian home and the porch was only enough to stand on while you'd ring the bell ... nothing big enough for a swing or chairs. There were steps up to the porch (or down from), and they quickly met with a sidewalk. In my dream, this was the last house on the street and the sidewalk moved around the end of the street ... kind of like a court, but without the "circle' aspect. There were lots of other houses on the street, but at the very end of the street, there was a park bench and some street lights (the old, wrought iron kind) and it seemed like there was a park beyond the end of the street ... I followed the sidewalk, turned left and walked that direction and that's when I woke up.

I have done nothing but research this area for old maps in search of streets that just end ... I am feeling a "thirst" I cannot seem to quench that is driving me absolutely crazy!!

I've got something that might be a clue to this memory of mine.
Through some dream-induced clues I was moved to research the life of Maria Sklodowska-Curie, Polish-French scientist, Noble-prize winner. Not to mention that her looks as a young woman resemble me in many ways, I have found that after she lost her dearly-loved husband Pierre Curie, she took into deep mourning. Her pictures reveal that she was fond of dark blue and black colors through her life. The memoirs of her sister Bronislawa read that "she would be haunted by an image of Maria with her face veiled for all her life". It looks like this is the closest clue I've ever had!

Memories of The Roman Coliseum

The History Channel is always good for triggering pastlife memories. Recently I've been getting these images whenever I see ruins of the Roman Coliseum. Basically it's a scene of a man being chased by a lion and eventually cornered against a wall. What I remember the most is him scurrying/scaling the wall for his life; he was in sheer terror, but it almost looked comical, the same way clowns run away in circuses. He was pinned against the wall and trying to scale it backwards, frantically and in a crazy/insane kind of way.

I'm not sure what the records mention of the walls inside the Coliseum (where all the gore and games took place) but what struck me were the walls actually seemed incredibly tall, I'm guessing between 15 and 20 feet tall. I got the sense by the way this guy was trying to scale the wall, was that he was trapped, like there was no hope of ever climbing out. It was hopeless. His attire was a simple robe just short of his knees and sandals. I'm not sure if I was that person, but since these images evoke no inner fear or stress, I instinctively feel I was a spectator.

Buhlman's past life regression CD/strange regression experience

As much as the idea of past lives fascinates me, I am tentative when it comes to uncovering my own. I'm not sure why this is, especially since my thirst for self-knowledge and healing is so central to many of my spiritual experiences. Perhaps it's partly because my few encounters with regression or meditative techniques specifically aimed at retrieving past life information imparted vague results at best. I also prefer to simply "let" such things happen "naturally." :) I'm currently trying to strike a balance between spontanaiety and seeking out. :)

I'm not a heavy visualizer and tend to feel - physically and emotionally - and even hear rather than see. This poses a real obstacle because the most commonly accessible regression techniques, scripts and CDs seem to rely heavily on visualization.

Bearing this in mind, I listened to William Buhlman's "Exploring Your Past Lives" last night. I'm not sure why I decided to do this but I went with the gut feeling anyway. Before anyone reads on, I have to warn you that the regression (or whatever it was) took a really strange turn. I've never heard of a regression experience like this before so I'd be extremely grateful for any input you may have. :)

The beginning was strange. Physically, I felt like I was floating or projecting myself somewhere else but completely aware of the room I was sitting in at the same time. Warmth felt iridescent, if that makes sense, and I assume that is just my what my indirect visual impression of protective light is like. I sensed I was an iridescent light body descending stairs made of the same substance as I was. These stairs seemed to be in some random, dark place between the stars. I remember thinking that this was completely unexpected.

As I was guided into a past life and told to look at my feet, I sensed brown, slender feet in simple sandals. Slowly I began to see a woman from an objective position rather than from inside of her. At the time, I noted how strange it was to be looking at myself from the outside, then noted how strange it was to think of myself as her. I would flip back and forth between observer and experiencer.

She was probably not much older than my 21 years now. Her black hair hung heavy and straight around her face, down to at least the middle of her back. It was sort of wild and coarse. She wore a very simple beige dress, its hem brushing mid-calf, maybe. Her high cheekbones, full lips and and almond shaped eyes immediately told me she was an American Indian. I sensed North America, not Central or South America. This seemed somewhat validated when I was guided to sense the surroundings and came up with a North American forest. The feet I saw at the beginning almost suggested "desert" with the sand but I realized now this was just a well worn path in the forest. Guided to put a year to the scene, 1500 or 1500's slammed through my mind with unexpected intensity.

After the initial scan of the woman, I was back inside of her, alone on this dirt path. Then, upon suggestion to determine whether there was anyone else around me, a little girl was frolicking somewhere to my left. At this point, I was separated from the woman again, just observing.

She was the most beautiful little girl I'd ever seen, probably about 6 years old. Her hair was long like the woman's, swinging as she eagerly made her way to the woman, her mother, I realized. The resemblance was there.

Grabbing her mother's hands in hers, she buried her face lovingly in them, then reached up to hug her. Smiling, the woman welcomed her daughter's embrace warmly. The girl seemed so full of life but I sensed this woman, her mother, was very troubled, hiding her darkest worries with smiles for the sake of her daughter. I seemed extremely interested in the child and this sort of zoomed me in on her profile. I studied her, seemed fixated on her.

Then, the surroundings changed and the woman was giving birth. I can still see the sweat and strain all over her, eyes squinting, squeezing like the rest of her body. I have no idea where this event falls in relation to what I witnessed first. I felt so calm and detached with no intense emotion at all - just peace. Next, I saw the woman's face light up with joy. She was actually laughing she felt so good, holding a bundle in her arms, her new baby girl. Still, I felt calm, nothing intense whatsoever.

Now this is where my experience began to take the strange turn I warned about....

Part 2 (eek! sorry about the length!)

Suddenly the woman, still laying where she's given birth was crying her soul out. I hardly heard any of this and what I did hear sounded like far away echoes. I finally began to feel some concern for her but nothing too extreme. The lack of attachment astounded me. What's happened? I wondered curiously.

The baby was taken away from her, pried out of her arms. I got the impression that the baby died but I'm not sure. No information presented itself to clarify this and I wasn't able to actively retrieve it. All I seemed capable of focusing on was watching her emotional pain completely overriding any physical pain she might have been in after giving birth.

Suddenly, I was back in the forest, where this experience began. The little girl ran up to me and hugged me. I was transported outside of the woman, again, this time behind them as the two walked down the path. "There was no more crying," a voice in my head seemed to say.

Then with a flash, the woman was alone again, holding a bundle, the baby, up to the sky. My focus quickly circled around from my rear vantage point to a front angle and all I could see on her face was pain. She was screaming and crying, holding this lifeless body to the sky.

Another flash, and the woman is clawing at the dirt, her fingernails full of debris, and her hands filthy. She actually began to claw at herself. Then, something sharp, a blade, maybe a stone ripped up from the ground in her frenzy. Oh, no! She used it to cut her skin, her arms. Her blood mixed with the dirt and began to cake - blood mud everwhere. Emotion finally started to trickle into me at that point and I realized I was crying too.

Abruptly the scene ended and the woman was sitting propped with her back up against a large tree. Completely lifeless looking but I sensed she was still alive. Her daughter came out of nowhere and the woman's face flooded to life again. I didn't see any wounds at that point. They embraced and all I could seem to look at was the little girl's face. It was like I was stuck on pause.

After some time, the two pulled away from each other. This revealed an arrow stuck deep in the woman's chest. I began to panic for her and a dream I had (as "Chance" today) about being shot in the chest with a poison dart flickered across my consciousness, like a thought caption of some kind. The woman seemed dead at this point. Strangely, her daughter just looked upon her mother's seemingly lifeless body, curiously and calmly. A flash, and the girl was laying next to the woman, seemingly dead like her mother.

Another flash and the girl "woke up" and the arrow was laying next to the two of them, broken, on the ground. The woman stirred to life and her eyelids fluttered as though woken from a long sleep. Seeing her daughter, she smiled and in the same instant, I'm smiling up at my daughter. My observing position had switched again.

She told me she loved me but her mouth didn't move, only fixed in a smile going on forever. Again, she hugged me. I hugged her back and she simply began melting into my chest, and by melting I mean literally melted right into my heart chakra. I hugged and hugged until she'd completely merged with me. All I could feel was warmth and love vibrating inside of my chest, my heart, spinning around and expanding in all directions. The words, "I know she is safe now," entered my mind.

The Buhlman file disconnected for whatever reason, shortly after that, but not before I saw another woman, dressed like me, obviously from the same group of people I was, who had my mother's eyes! My shock increased as I realized her face resembled my mother's face a whole lot. She just stared into my eyes lovingly and pointed up to the top of a huge tree I couldn't see the top of. This is where the file suddenly disconnected. I didn't mean to but my physical eyes snapped open and I was really dazed and disoriented. The file continued playing several moments after the interruption but I was too startled by the break to continue, even though I tried.

It seems the last half of my experience took on some heavy symbolism. Personally, I've never heard of a regression playing out this way nor of absorbing any energies into chakras during one. Has anyone else experienced or heard of something like this happening?

I'm still astounded by how little emotion I felt until the peak of the womans/my (?) grief and pain and the absorption of the daughter into my heart chakra. I feel like I should have felt more than what I felt. I guess I was under the impression both from past experience and what I read in others that there's a lot of emotion involved. Maybe I was wrong. Or maybe it's my spirit's way of being as gentle and as healing with me as possible. Is this lack of emotion really strange for a regression?

I'm also confused by the seemingly random insertion of my mother at the end. She was my mother and she wasn't at the same time. I recognized her in a heartbeat. I do wish I could share this with her but I'm afraid it's been four years too late for me to do that. I don't know what that was about.

I am sorry, sorry, did I say, SORRY? for how incredibly long these posts are. I knew it would be but I didn't think it grow long enough to be TWO posts! :eek: :( I'm just really hoping for any input on this experience. I didn't expect anything to happen at all.

While I intend to continue processing the meaning behind some of this, I do hope others might be able to help me better understand the nature of the experience. I'm not sure what to think with the almost other-worldly feel to it. I even question, "Was this even a past life experience? Or something else?" Actually, I just wonder about its validity in general and its relation to my life today.

Well, to anyone who has managed to read this far, thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope it didn't waste too much of your time. :)

I think you experienced two different phases of a past life memory.
The first part was the actual memory.
The second part was the healing part.

She told me she loved me but her mouth didn't move, only fixed in a smile going on forever. Again, she hugged me. I hugged her back and she simply began melting into my chest, and by melting I mean literally melted right into my heart chakra. I hugged and hugged until she'd completely merged with me. All I could feel was warmth and love vibrating inside of my chest, my heart, spinning around and expanding in all directions. The words, "I know she is safe now," entered my mind.

Especially this sounds like healing, the acceptance of that life,
the opening of your heart, how the past and present blend together.

I know from my own experience, that the healing part of any psychological or emotional problem,
or any spiritual insight, can happen in so many ways.
The only thing they have in common is that it feels good and it does good.
It makes our souls more complete.

Perhaps a professional regressionist can say what exactly happened.
And if it's a common way to merge the past with the present.
I don't think that such visions are only symbolic, especially not when you're so deep in it.
They have a meaning, they speak for themselves.

And perhaps your mother appeared because she also was part of that group.
Someone you always felt connected to and that's why you picked her as your mother in this life.

Curious Girl.

Chansa, I usually read and learn from the posts here, but yours is one I got a definite spark from and had to reply to.

I felt your lack of emotion and the deep emotion of the indian woman all rolled into one as I read your experience. For some reason, I felt that the child did not die, but was taken from the woman and raised by another...the lack of emotion you felt seemed to me to be what the woman felt after all the tears were gone. Absorbing into the heart chakra felt symbolic of the love she carried in her heart and soul for the baby lost to her. As I read, I felt that I was experiencing this with you and was being shown what it meant. I felt the nothingness and the deep down pain and agony that she experienced. The grief and love that you felt transended the lack of feeling. The baby was dead to her, but not actually physically dead, that is how it felt to me..

I am not sure if this strikes a chord for you, but I had to tell you that no post here has ever effected me physically or emotionally as this one did today..it was as if I was living your regression.

Hi again, all. :)

It's been a few days since the regression now and I feel as though I'm still processing the memory and healing effects. Pieces yet to be processed seem to be travelling back and forth between my head and my heart.

Maya, I'm usually affected by your posts in much the same way you describe being affected by mine. ;) Your impressions here really do resonate with my thoughts and feelings since the regression. Thank you so much for sharing them with me. :)

I'm still not sure whether my daughter literally died or not. I never witnessed it in memory but it seemed this was a journey mainly meant to heal a heartache that was much older than I'd originally imagined. Maybe it was less necessary for me to relive something tragic than to simply witness the intense emotions that grew from it. Does that make sense?

I believe maybe this is why I witnessed what seemed to be a progression of memories begin to jump around, why most of the time I seemed an observer rather than participant, and why my regression took the turn it did. Does anyone find it strange that, despite the altered state I was in, I deviated from the suggestions? :eek: It's as though a part of me said, "Thanks but I'll take it from here. I know what to do."

But I really didn't know. At least not as the "I" I'm used to inhabiting. :laugh:

Spontaneously absorbing my daughter into my heart chakra was definitely the most powerful and perhaps most unexpected part of the regression. I believe after she died or was taken away, my past life self became numb to love after that, too wounded with grief and fear to fully use her heart for feeling much more than sadness. I don't sense I lived much longer after that but I still don't know how I died. Maybe of a broken heart. How I died didn't seem as important as how wounded I was.

But somehow, I feel like this healing changed the course of that past self's life so she could die with peace. Crazy sounding, right?

Overall, the deviation seems to have been a good thing for me but I'm also curious as to what I might have uncovered if I had remained aligned with the script's direction.

As far as processing itself goes, the intense grief, numbness and love my past life self experienced seems to have worked its way to the surface in bursts. These emotions have blended with the emotions I carried during my mother's dying days in this life. Some of those feelings are still with me today, albeit not as buried as they once were.

Perhaps this is why her past life self revealed itself to me during the healing part of my regression. To show me some pattern connected to mother-daughter relationships and loss that I need to resolve in order to reclaim myself and mend my soul. Without going in depth, this seems to make a lot of sense. At least, this is one of the major thoughts circling in my mind right now.

A detail I didn't mention about recognizing my mother in the other woman of my regression was that while everything else seemed to move with general fluidity, choppy as the "cuts" may have been, this woman seemed stuck on pause as she pointed to the top of the tree, much like my fixation on my past life daughter's face. And my daughter was instrumental in sparking my healing (one, I feel is only the beginning of a long but necessary journey. :))

I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't been interrupted at that point? But I know as soon as I'm ready again, I'll probably learn what would have happened. :)

Anyway, thank you all for your input and support. I apologize if the gratitude seems to verge on excessive now but I'm not sure words convey how grateful I am for your input and comments. A few years ago, I would've been able to go right to my mother for clarity and support. She not only believed in reincarnation but spontaneously remembered past lives throughout her entire life. She would have listened. She would have understood and never judged me, not for a second.

I don't have that particular support system anymore and I don't feel comfortable discussing this with many of the people in my life. In fact, before posting this, I could only think of one person in my life who, for certain, wouldn't roll their eyes at me, feign polite interest or call me crazy and mean it. This experience was and is too close to me and too fresh for me to subject myself to attitudes like that. I never thought I'd actually feel a "need" to be a member of this forum until now, a place where people might listen, understand and not judge me.

So, at the risk of sounding further excessive, thank you for being open, not only to me but to anyone who needs it. I'm able to more fully appreciate this fact better than ever before. :)

My childhood 'memories'

I have a few that I used to be unable to explain, though as a child I saw or felt them vividly. They have stayed with me for over 30 years (I'm now 38).

One, an old-fashioned white dress that I saw when I was 6 and thought it was mine.

Two, a middle-aged woman--dressed in 1940s or 50s style--that I saw vividly in my family's kitchen in the middle of the night, fully awake, when I was seven. At the time, I thought she was a ghost. I tried later to convince myself it was imagination, but I saw her as vividly as I can see anyone today. I can still see her now. I have since wondered if she was a past-life memory, even of myself.

Three, a much older, deeper memory of stepping stones leading to some kind of ancient temple, possibly Greek. I must have had this thought since I was about four, and have become a little obsessed with finding the place.

Then there are the recurrent nightmares since I was tiny of someone emerging from the dark and laying on top of me as I'm in bed, but I won't speak of those. :(

Lonewolf

Back