• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Reincarnation, ghosts and spirits. How do they fit together?

saraP

I have a rather complicated question. My grandmother died when I was 11, yet I feel she's still around me. When someone is reborn, do you stop feeling their spirit around you? Does our energy expand so that some of it stays behind, like in the case of ghosts? Or are ghost people who simply haven't been reborn? (and yes, I believe in ghosts. I'm pretty sure I've seen one.)

Hi SaraP,
I've always wondered the same thing so I hope someone has a suggestion for you. I also have an idea, although its not supported by anything, that people astral travel after they are reborn and may come to see you. I suspect this with my grandma. She died three years ago. I felt her presence very strongly for about 9 months or so and now not nearly as often. Maybe she just found more to do or stopped worrying about us.
Vicky

HI Sarap,

I'll share an example with you that you might find interesting. About 14 years ago, my niece Emilee was born. It was a difficult pregnancy for my sister -she almost lost her twice and spent the last three months in the hospital on bed rest.

My sister Terri is a very spiritual person, and believes in all sorts of paranormal stuff. Her husband however thinks it is a bunch of hogwash. When Emilee was one week old, and finally at home with her family, she was sound asleep in her crib one afternoon -when Terri's husband Jim came running down the hall as white as a Ghost.

Terri asked him what was wrong. He replied that a woman in a long dress and a shawl had just walked out of Emilee's room and down the hall toward him. She was - he said a "ghost."

Emilee's previous life time was in Russia, and she was still very connected to that life time. There was a lot of pain and trauma she had yet to heal from.
The past life and the 'ghost' were confirmed later in more ways than I can express here, and by several people

Children will go OBE often - more often than adults can imagine. Especially before birth and the first few years after birth. Sometimes children take on the 'form' of the life before this one when they do. I have several examples of this if you are interested.

I just bought the recent issue of Paranormal, a UK publication. There was a fascinating story of a woman who haunted herself.

To make a long story short - from the time she was a child, this woman was haunted by the apparition an old woman who was covered in mud and appeared to be begging for something. When the woman grew up and had a baby, her toddler would also see the apparition but was never afraid of it. In fact, the toddler would hold out her arms to the ghostly woman, as if asking to be picked up and cuddled.

Well, the woman eventually found out about her past life - a life in which she had been wrongly accused and had begged for her life, shortly before being executed. It was the same woman who had been haunting her. The woman had somehow manifested her past life self into her present lifetime. Which also explained why her baby was never afraid of the apparition because the apparition was "mommy".

A very odd, but fascinating story. :)

Some people stay around as ghosts or spirit energy longer than normally if they passed when they were young, or if they died very suddenly. It's hard for them to grasp that they're no longer in the realm of the living and sometimes don't even realise they've passed yet. And sometimes they just might want to stay around to protect their families, or because they can't bear to be away from something that meant a lot to them before, which would explain a lot of ghosts who haunt old hotels, still being seen at the check-in counter or in the hotel's restaurant, for example.

Dear Deborah,

Earlier this month you posted the following:

"Emilee's previous life time was in Russia, and she was still very connected to that life time. There was a lot of pain and trauma she had yet to heal from. The past life and the 'ghost' were confirmed later in more ways than I can express here, and by several people

Children will go OBE often - more often than adults can imagine. Especially before birth and the first few years after birth. Sometimes children take on the 'form' of the life before this one when they do. I have several examples of this if you are interested."

Yes, I would be very interested indeed, if you would like to share!

Warm wishes,
Persephone

Here's another one

Hi Persephone,

Sure - here is one from 1997. When my son was eleven, he asked his friend Tommy to spend the night. Tommy played at our house often but was very unstable. At around midnight I awoke with a spiritual presence standing by the bedroom door. The door was closed. Standing in front of me was a Vietnam solider in full army gear; he even had a rifle over his shoulder. He was inspecting us as we slept. But I woke up and I could see him. I knew this was my sons friend -- sleeping downstairs on our daybed.

He was shocked to realize I could see him. I got out of bed to move toward him and he walked through the solid door. I opened the door and followed him down stairs. Telepathically he asked how I could see him; then he looked from his small body sleeping in bed -- as a boy, and then back to me and then looked down to his spirit form. He seemed confused.

He was very not a very trusting boy. I could tell he had many issues from his previous life that had followed him into this life. I could see scenes of his past life, gunfire, and grenades, men hiding down in holes. I reassured him several times 'you are OK now.' He faded away and I assumed he must have gone back to his body sleeping.

This little boy sleeping in my daybed had probably taken this form often when venturing out of body (OBE). The form of his previous life body and persona. I understood that he felt the need to protect himself and the guns and army gear helped him feel safer.

If only his parents knew why he behaved certain ways and acted out, sucking his thumb - even at school.....they might have been able to help him, he might be a different boy now.

There is a story in Carol's book RFH, about a boy who was a marine killed in the barracks explosion in 1983 in Beirut. His dad -- knew why his son had night terrors (via an announcing dream) and was able to act and react to his son in a manner that would enable healing, growth, and forgiveness.

Wouldn't it be great if parents could aid their children through traumatic war memories such as these?

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for sharing. What an amazing story! I'm so glad he is your son's friend, because maybe in a subtle way, you are helping him. I wonder if this child has not perhaps found his way into your home, unconsciously, knowing there is someone there who could help him.

I guess you must be 'clairvoyant' (one who sees). I'm slightly 'clairsentient' (I 'sense' things sometimes) but I don't 'see' them as you seem to.

You wrote:
"There is a story in Carol's book RFH, about a boy who was a marine killed in the barracks explosion in 1983 in Beirut. His dad -- knew why his son had night terrors (via an announcing dream) and was able to act and react to his son in a manner that would enable healing, growth, and forgiveness".

I remember reading that and being touched by the fact that this child (Mark) was helped in such a caring way by his father when he found him crying at night. I remember that the father rubbed his back and just let the child talk about it. It's so important to be heard, believed and understood if you are a confused and frightened child.

You wrote:
"Wouldn't it be great if parents could aid their children through traumatic war memories such as these?"

Absolutely! That's what I like so much about reading Carol's books. Whatever the child is needing to tell us, we need to listen in a caring and non-judgemental way, and she gives such good guidelines in her books.

Thanks for sharing. Anymore stories like that? :)

Warmly,
Persephone

HI Persephone,

Yes, but I think I will wait; perhaps Sarap would like to comment on the posts from other members in her thread. ;) If not -I will post another Saturday night. I am glad you are enjoying them. :D

Very interesting topic, which I haven't had much first hand knowledge or experience with. In some ways I wonder if there a vulnerable part of our being, or life memories, that needs shielding or comforting in some way. As a writer, I specialized in true nostalgia articles from my growing up years from 3 or 4 up till my mid teens. Since I spent a good part of my days thinking about those earlier years, I sometimes would find myself revisiting episodes during meditation, in spite of trying to clear my mind and spirit before hand.

Everything nostalgic I wrote was both pleasent and positive, intended for the general public. But on those rare times I would revisit my childhood, my memories were without fail unhappy, though seldom traumatic. I would end my meditation and have a bit of reflection to do in order to resolve the emotions that had been brought forth. I wonder if this happened to keep my life memories balanced and factual, or if I was merely working through some unresolved issues.

I no longer write professionally, so my childhood memories, for the most part, are pleasent. I realize this isn't exactly in line with the topic, but I have a sense that my childhood "me" was making its presence known for a reason I've never understood.

John

Deborah said:
HI Persephone,

Yes, but I think I will wait; perhaps Sarap would like to comment on the posts from other members in her thread. ;) If not -I will post another Saturday night. I am glad you are enjoying them. :D

Awww... I'm not around much because I'm busy with the kids, so you guys don't have to wait for me to comment. I pretty much soak up a bunch of info that you guys post, plus read other threads. I'm really new to all reincarnation stuff, so I don't feel like I have much to contribute. That's why I ask a bunch of questions. The reason I asked this is because I still felt my grandma around me for years beyond her death, and to a point, I still do, but not constant like I used to. I'm wondering if she has been reborn AND could still be around me in spirit as well (occasionally, I think she's my son now:eek: ). Plus a facination with ghosts and why they tend to stick around places, wondering if somehow their souls expanded somehow and only part stayed behind and another part got reborn. (How's that for a long, rambly run-on setence?)

Thanks for thinking about me, though.

I'm wondering if she has been reborn AND could still be around me in spirit as well (occasionally, I think she's my son now)

Interesting saraP! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this if you'd like to share with us! I am fascinated by same-family reincarnation. ;)

Have you read Carol's book "Return from Heaven?" I'd highly recommend it if you haven't. I think you'd enjoy it.

Ailish :D

saraP said:
I have a rather complicated question. My grandmother died when I was 11, yet I feel she's still around me. When someone is reborn, do you stop feeling their spirit around you? Does our energy expand so that some of it stays behind, like in the case of ghosts? Or are ghost people who simply haven't been reborn? (and yes, I believe in ghosts. I'm pretty sure I've seen one.)

Interesting question. in my personal opinion, I think ghosts are spirits who are stuck in between the physical and spiritual planes. Either they might not know they're dead or they know
and just need help to get to the other side. I've never seen a ghost. I think if I ever did, after getting over an initial state of shock, I would probably ask them what kind of help I could give them. That is if they didn't disappear before my eyes or something like that.

don't know if this is of any importance to this thread, but it might be interesting to some of you.

my brother died of leukemia when i was four years old, and even though i was so young i knew very well what was happening. i don't remember actually seeing him, but my mother has told me that i used to remove a specific photograph of him from the wall and sleep with it. when she asked me why i kept removing the picture i told her "bubbah told me i could have the picture as long as i was real careful with it".

she tried to take the picture away from me a couple of times but i would become angry and beg her "but, bubbah said it was okay, really momma". I guess she got a little creeped out and began to believe me and never took the picture away again.

anyway, growing up, i have always felt him close to me, especially when it would become really windy outside, i could feel him as though he were right next to me.

I was 23 when my first son was born. A couple of weeks before he was born, i had a vivid dream that i died and was in "heaven" which looked like a large university campus. I remember touching my belly in the dream and realizing tht to my horror I wasn't pregnant anymore. there were many people gathered on a large lawn watching a film on a big screen that was set up on the grass.

i asked a lady where bryan (my brother) was and she told me that he was in the gymnasium. i went there and found him. he sat next to me in silence for a long time, we ate some candy together and then he just smiled at me and i woke up, scared to death. i know the dream was very real and he was trying to communicate something to me.

My son is a lot like my brother was, personality-wise. they are very much the same. recently i had a beautiful experience with a clairvoyant woman, or maybe clairsentient, she told me that my son was either my brother reincarnated, or (and this is interesting) my son is the spirit who would have been my brother's child had he lived. the woman told me that sometimes the spirits we have made agreements with on the other side will still find a way to fulfill those agreements within that group. it's kind of confusing, but really interests me.

for whatever reason, i don't have too much of an intuitive feeling on the subject. i'd love if he were my brother, but i do still feel him around me from time to time, but not quite in the same was as i did before my son was born.

I also find it intriguing to believe he(my son) would have been my brother's child had he survived.

any thoughts on this?

Hi Callie

On reading your dream my first thought was your brother was telling you that he was coming back as your son. The look he gave you with the smile and the fact that you weren't pregnant.

On the other, that your son is the soul who would of been your son's child. Very possible. Another possibility is if you have another child that child would be that soul. that both were lined up to come back to Earth through you might account for the confusion.

Jack

hi jack, thanks for your reply. i've never asked anyone else's insights on this matter - so i appreciate your wisdom.

i actually have another son now, he's almost four years old. I believe that he has come through from my husband's side - in fact, i think it might be husband's grandfather. my husband is belgian, and we spend time there every year. every day my youngest son begs and pleads to go back to belgium. he just wants to be there. it's so strange, he almost seems obsessed with it. when were there he seems so at home. the same clairvoynt lady who told me that my oldest son was either my brother or his agreement child told me that my youngest son is definitly from the belgian side, and that he will be responsible for taking us back when the time is right. i wouldn't doubt it either!

i don't plan on having any other children, but i believe you're right about the confusion and that both spirits will/have come through in my group. one of those spirits might not be my child, but i'm sure they are/will be near me. i look forward to hearing more insights on this matter.

Hi everyone:

First let me say that this forum brings some daily comfort to my life in that I have found others who believe as I do in many ways. Thank you!

Secondly, I don't know if this was the correct thread for this question but I did not want to start a new one for something that may be so trivial.

I have been interested in meditation in order to learn about pl's. I have read many interesting posts on various ways to induce a meditative state from this site. About 2 nights ago I was at my boyfriends house and was feeling especially tired. I lay down on the bed and was in the state between sleep and waking. I was not trying to meditate. You know, where it feels so good, thoughts are flowing through your mind, nothing in particular, you just don't want to wake up. All of a sudden (I am lying on my side), I hear a voice as plain as day say in my ear (Hi!). It was female and seemed friendly. I could swear I felt her breath in my ear. It startled me so much that my eyes shot wide open and I returned to the here and now with an adrenaline rush - maybe because it frightened me after I had a moment to think. The reason I write about this is that every once in a while something will happen to us all and you know that you know it was real. It sounds so small and insignificant I am sure but I can't stop thinking about it. I had written a post before about my concerns with meditation in learning about pl's and possibly opening ones self up to demonic spirits. Does anyone have any thoughts on what this could have been?

Hi wpnorman,
I've had things like that happen between that asleep/awake state where you know it was real. I think, and with no real basis, that it was not demonic. I think you would feel a demonic presence if it were but you said the voice seemed friendly. You don't sound like you were afraid, only startled.
If it happens again, maybe try to stay in that state and try not to bolt upright in bed. Easier said than done. but maybe it will work.
Vicky

You don't sound like you were afraid, only startled.
If it happens again, maybe try to stay in that state and try not to bolt upright in bed. Easier said than done. but maybe it will work.
Vicky[/QUOTE]

Vicky, Thanks for the reply. I have thought that if it happens again to try and not 'freak'. Don't know why I am always so concerned about 'demons'. Maybe the christian background and too many tv programs. lol I just don't want to be fooled but this keeps me from diving into my search for truth in pl's, etc. I need to settle my mind in some way about this or I will be stuck at this point.

Ooops! Vicky I forgot to ask: "When this happens to you what or who do you think it is"? For me it was almost as if she were being playful, like a young girl that might twirl past you and say boo while giggling. I dont feel the voice was a child though. More of a younger adult.

I've had a couple of past life dreams but not dreams in this state. Mostly what happens though is I turn on my side like you did and open my eyes and see loved ones. Can either people that are alive now or grandparents that have passed etc. Everything is dark around them but they are always easy to see, like a spotlight is on them. They are always discussing something very intently.
Once, after my husband and i started going to counseling, I saw my grandparents like this and they were asking each other what the other thought about us going to counseling. Then they talked about why they thought they didn't go to counseling. They couldn't hear me.
I had the Christian infusion thing too. It makes it hard to explore things of this nature. I never would have if my son hadn't started talking about spiritual things, past lives etc. Then I knew for sure that reincarnation was real. He also talks about astral projecting and i worry about dark or demonic entities finding his little soul out away from his body and harming him. Might be a baseless, fear, might not even be possible but you get the mommy freak out thing going infused with too much Christianity and you start to worry about stuff like this.

Hi wpnorman,

I had written a post before about my concerns with meditation in learning about pl's and possibly opening ones self up to demonic spirits.

In my experience, meditation has always been a positive thing, and I have never encountered a bad spirit. When you meditate -- you're in an altered state -- a higher form of consciousness. I don't believe that "dark spirits" function on the higher levels of consciousness.

When you meditate -- don't look for the answers outside of yourself...or try to see pictures -- just go into yourself, into the heart center and allow the images to flow. Don't question what you see at the time -- just go with it ;)

Does anyone have any thoughts on what this could have been?

Perhaps the girl you heard was one of your spirit guides. She seemed quite friendly. Perhaps next time she appears -- ask her what her name is and see what she says ;)

Ailish

Hi Persephone,

I missed this when I was away in Italy. Here is another example:

In 1997 I was at the chiropractors office; my husband then knew the Doctor well and told him I could tell the sex of babies before hand. His secretary was pregnant, she asked me if I could tell her what the sex of the baby was. She and her husband didn't know in advance and she was curious. I smiled and said...."if anything comes to me I'll let you know." DODGING of course.

I laid down on the roller....back massage unit....when I suddenly went into Light. Standing next to me was a very rough and course, even manly woman in spirit. She had a very crass voice and was smoking a cigarette. She told me she had had throat cancer..that's how she died. She was also gay and died at about 52 years old.

Then she whispered.."It will be a girl." I also knew - this 'spirit' was the soul of the new baby to be born. Of course this is not what she would look like in her next life.

I told the secretary I thought it would be a girl, that she would be very athletic, (I saw her playing soccer and sports a lot in the future.) I did not tell her about the spirit having cancer in the throat, or the part about being Gay..but I did tell her that a boy would be born in about 8 years as well. She was excited about it being a girl, and shocked about the boy because she and her husband only want one child..LOLOL :butbut:

Well, their little girl was born -but at two days old was rushed back to the hospital due to a constricted esophagus which needed to be operated on. She could barely breath. To me her body had carried over the energy of the illness (cancer) from her previous life.

Sometimes spirits manifest to us in the form they had in their previous life...just as my niece Emilee did when her father saw the spirit in the hall. ;)

When I was 12 yrs old my maternal grandfather died. I was very close to him so this was a big blow. For years after, I felt his presence mostly in my room when I was alone. He always "protected" me when I was scared or troubled by adolescent traumas. Then one day, he was gone. I don't know whether her has been reborn or whether he felt I was grown enough to be left on my own. Maybe both. Maybe he was reborn when the time was right and he felt I'd make it on my own.

As for the ghost thing, well this is not something I discuss much but I believe I was a ghost briefly. After I was killed in the Civil War, I floated to my old home. Everyone was gone but there were some children there. I believe one little girl saw me and was scared and ran away. I remember being sad because I didnt want to scare her or hurt her in any way. After that, I don't remember what happened.

I always found it so weird that I was able to communicate with my past life self.
I could sense him, feel his emotions and to talk to him.
This most of all happened when I was still busy sorting out my past life.
It was like we helped each other with these conversations.
It helped me to get things into perspective and it helped him to let go traumatic experiences.

I know there were people who could see him and who told me to send him away.
Because he radiated a "negative" energy.
But this negativity was old forgotten pain that had to be healed.
I think we managed it and I think he moved on.
I never considered him as a "bad" person, because I realized that his past was my past.

But how this works?
And where he is now?
I have no idea.

Curious Girl.

Curious_girl, thank you for posting that. Since I don't access PL information in that way, I had no concept of what the emotions and concerns really were. Now, thanks to you, I have a much better understanding of the problems involved. I always felt healing was important, now I realize just now important.

John

I think my experiences would have been different if I a reincarnation therapist
had guide me through the process.
My memories were very strong and they needed to be seen,
that's why things like this can happen.
The whole process of remembering, healing and letting go wasn't so smooth
because I had no idea what to do, but I think I managed at the end :)
Perhaps I still have a regression session one day, just to see if the negative vibes
of my past are out of my system.

I also can't blame my past life self for making my life a mess,
it was raw material and he also didn't know what to do with it.
That's why he kept knocking on my door.
And he's actually been good company, we both can move on now.

Curious Girl.

Curious Girl's post has given an interesting thought. So I'm putting it out there and let's see what you all think:

Curious Girl says she used to communicate with her pl self. Wow I never thought of that. Maybe those of us who had imaginary friends as children... that was what we were doing? Communicating with our pl selves? What do you all think? It is feasible I think.

Thanks Curious Girl!!! You helped me think outside the box which is always an excellent thing.

Back