• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Short visions throughout the day?

PowerofSoul

New Member
As past lives and the search for mine has been a conscious thing for a while, everyday I will feel memories, but of specifically a supposed life in the 1910s-1920s, mostly. However this sort of feeling can go all the way back to ancient China.

They occur spontaneously. Some days they are more clear than others. By nature they are foggy mental images, but I can feel them. Sort of like the environment is right in front of me.

They never seem to change. Certain factors of them that remain the same are certain historical aspects; such as grandfather clocks, old chandeliers, street lights, trains, etc.

Who experiences similar?
 
Hi, PowerofSoul


Not sure if this would be the same as you have described, but I mentioned in another thread that I get what I call flashback visions. They are so fleeting yet so vivid for a second or two, and then gone or replace by something unrelated or seemingly unrelated. I can't say I get a feeling about any of them or at least I don't remember any. I'll have to pay more attention.


You seem to have some consistency with some of yours if some of the same ones come back to you more than once. I get so many that I doubt that I'd even notice any repeated ones. And some of my visions are just fragments of a scene or an object or a face etc.


Maybe I just see eyes or one eye and part of a forehead, then a red balloon, then a tree with some dark object hanging in the branches then maybe nothing. It just goes on and on like a slide show when it happens. They come out of nowhere.
 
Well it's interesting, as these sorts of visions have been known by me since being a toddler. Though, it's really only recent until I dug them out of the deep sea of my subconscious. During my adolescence I don't think one thought about it occurred. Also, there are always visions to be uncovered


They occur very vividly and then are replaced by irrelevant thoughts, like you described. Though, mine are very consistent. When I see these "memories" the feeling of them takes over my whole body. Images of antiques and other historical things are vivid, as well. Sometimes I can almost feel the sunlight coming through the window of that one place back in the 1910s...


Quite strange, and stirring.
 
I get those. Something will trigger a memory and I'll get a clear and vivid scene going on in my mind. Sometimes they can be quite lengthy, but usually they are fleeting. Later in the evening, as I'm going to bed, I can usually relax my mind, bring teh scene back into focus, and study it a bit more. Sometimes it falls into a dream.
 
I wouldn't say I have outright visions, but one of the main reason I don't like looking at myself either in the mirror or photos is because when i do, I feel like i'm looking at a double exposure photo where I can the ghost image of someone else within my own image.


I also have the feeling that certain facial features have somehow been "copy and pasted" onto this face from someone else and it's sort of an unsettling feeling, so I don't really enjoy looking at myself.


However, I downloaded a book on my kindle that was written by someone that known to me and observed events from my previous life. Certain events triggered short, photograph like images in my mind. It was a very strong, dejavu like feeling.


Interestingly, I clearly saw one event in my mind that I wasn't a witness to. I wonder if this wasn't the image I had in my mind when I was perhaps told about the event in conversation.
 
A couple of times I have had visions spontaneously during the day, I would call them flash backs. For me, they happen so fast I often don't realize I've just had them until a minute a later. They are so clear, and I have had them while my eyes would have been open (while reading a book for example) except I do not see anything except completly through my eyes in that life time for a split second. Very vivid, so real I feel like it just happened. Also very rare, have to be in a fairly quite state of mind and be triggered by something for it to happen I think. It has always taken me by surprised, yet it feels natural, not shocking or disturbing in any way. I do not intentionally meditate or try and get to the memories or anything, it just happens when it wants to...
 
Old Thread, new Reply


I would get twinges of the optical nerves and see...something for a few seconds...dunno what exactly, but I think I was on the Titanic...Only lasted about a year, haven't gotten them since...this was in middle school (7th-8th grade specifically)


No dreams for me... :(
 
I mine often a recurring memories


alot new ones of late I seen my past self walking down


street with trees are blooming with white flowers.


There are in middle of street with red or brown brick pathway


I was walking with a friend.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, PowerofSoul. That's how it works with me too and has done since childhood. I'll often just remember something when something in this life reminds me, but I know it's not this life, if that makes sense.


It comes in fits and starts. Sometimes it happens a lot over a period of months, then nothing sometimes for years. I don't get anything from dreams. I'll usually have a memory of something or other like a 'flash'. Then I might meditate on that 'flash' later on when I've got time or I'm in the mood and get more detail about how it might fit in with other memories, etc.
 
I have PL dreams, but last night I had a "flashback" from a television program. We were watching a series called "The Bible" on the History Channel. The Jews had been brought in captivity to Babylon by Nebuchanezer, after the destruction of Jerusalem. They were brought to kneel down to an idol. At that point, the air was sucked out of the room. I was on a hot, dusty street in some ancient city. It wasn't grand - it felt squalid, by modern standards. There was a large statue (idol) that filled me with unease. Quite an experience!
 
Yes BriarRose.


That happens to me sometimes. Watching a movie or documentary of a certain era will sometimes spark something. Often in a movie it will be a prop or a costume - a hat or coat or hairstyle - that someone's gone to the trouble of getting 'just right' and it will remind me of the time. Other times I can be quite vexed when they get something wrong!


I once saw a documentary about the crusades and they were filming in the spot where a battle happened, describing how the soldiers were ambushed at a particular bend in the road, the attackers were hiding behing a hill etc and I recognised the countryside and had a little 'flashback' which was more than just imagining the event... You can just feel the difference.


Someone wrote in a while ago about how they like to poke around in antique shops, picking up little pieces, plates, hairbrushes, whatever, and this sort of thing can provoke memories too. Really, it's not unlike present life memories, the way sometimes the memory is 'jogged' by something even though, of course, you're wide awake. You will just get it 'rushing back' all of a sudden, in a moment. It's the same feeling.
 
Back
Top