• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Strange Statement for a Two-Year-Old

MaryL

Hi everyone. This is my first time on this or any other web forum. I just finished Carol Bowman's book "Return from Heaven." It reminded me of something odd my son once said. His name is Jack and he just turned four. Once, when he was almost two years old, I was listening to a C.D. of music by the composer Steven Halpern called, "In the Key of Healing." It's what you might call "New Age" music...very unearthly sounding. I had a pair of headphones on and Jack asked if he could listen too, so I put them on his ears. He listened for a few minutes and then made a sort of "big deal" expression, taking the headphones off himself. He tossed them aside and said, quite casually, "Oh. That's just the music you hear when you die." I'm so glad my husband was there with us. Otherwise, I don't think anyone would believe he actually said such a thing. It gave us both the chills. Has anyone ever had a kid do or say something like this before? He's also said other bizzare things. Makes me wonder!

I love the way kids can just make the amazing things to us sound so ordinary and then the ordinary things sound so amazing, they truly are such angelic gifts in their innocence and the way they can change an adults perspective in an instant :D :D :D

I have no children of my own yet to share such similar lines of conversation that are dropped in so casually, but I have seen many a mother knocked back by similar comments throughout the years and I'm sure there will be many here who will happily share such stories and other one liner experiences of their own with you.

Thanks for sharing Mary :)

Write it all down, so when they grow up they can look back and try to remember!
Amanda

I know how it can just blow you away sometimes...

Last week my son (4) said: "Good thing I am not a girl this time. Because giving birth hurts too much!" I was almost laughing out loud! And immediately wondered: "How does HE know???"
What makes it even weirder is, that he has said things that make me pretty sure that he is the reincarnation of my FIL... So when was he a girl then???

:)
Low

Recalling the afterlife

Dear MaryL,

Had you ever told him about Near-Death Experiences? If not, it certainly suggests he recalled what happened immediately after his own death at the end of a previous life.

Best wishes,

Titus

Stephen Halpern's "In the Key of Healing"

MaryL said:
Hi everyone. This is my first time on this or any other web forum. I just finished Carol Bowman's book "Return from Heaven." It reminded me of something odd my son once said. His name is Jack and he just turned four. Once, when he was almost two years old, I was listening to a C.D. of music by the composer Steven Halpern called, "In the Key of Healing." It's what you might call "New Age" music...very unearthly sounding. I had a pair of headphones on and Jack asked if he could listen too, so I put them on his ears. He listened for a few minutes and then made a sort of "big deal" expression, taking the headphones off himself. He tossed them aside and said, quite casually, "Oh. That's just the music you hear when you die." I'm so glad my husband was there with us. Otherwise, I don't think anyone would believe he actually said such a thing. It gave us both the chills. Has anyone ever had a kid do or say something like this before? He's also said other bizzare things. Makes me wonder!

Hello,

What specific track or tracks in "In the Key of Healing" were being listened to when your son commented on "the music you hear when you die?"

Have you tried Stephen Halpern's other recordings 'Tonal Alchemy' 'Deja Blues?' Any attempts to use Stephen Halpern's recordings for past life regression exercises?

Thank-you

Marc Ross,

Just so you know, MaryL has not been on this forum since September of 2003.

Marc Ross said:
Have you tried Stephen Halpern's other recordings 'Tonal Alchemy' 'Deja Blues?' Any attempts to use Stephen Halpern's recordings for past life regression exercises?

This is a little off topic but for the last couple of days, on my other desktop computer, I have the random shuffle repeat feature active on a online computer mp3 music player and the albums stands up very well for continuos background music.

Back