• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

The Story of Nicola

landsend

Senior Registered
For anyone who is interested this video shows an interesting case of a girl who recalls being a boy who was run over by a train.

Thanks, Lands, another good example of how children can remember. Funny how difficult it was for me to understand the mother's speech; she spoke English, yet it was as if it were another language to me. ~T

Thanks, Lands, another good example of how children can remember. Funny how difficult it was for me to understand the mother's speech; she spoke English, yet it was as if it were another language to me. ~T

That’s a northern accent, and quite a thick one. I also had to strain my ears at times. Where I live there’s another thick accent which can be hard for outsiders to understand.

Yes, I found this posted on Jenny Cockell’s Facebook page and thought others here would find it interesting.

I enjoyed watching Nicola who had a dog called muff and died by a train but I found a different documentary and it's a bit confusing, even Mary and Peter Harrison are in the credits but it seems to contradict what Mary Harrison and Peter Ramster said in the film about Nicola. The Church records are different there was no mention of Thomas Benson, the house she went to was different and the death was different. Please see below it's best to keep forwarding the story on as there is a good story but not with English Subtitles. I suppose this film was before we used the internet so it was easy to get away with it.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back