• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Third Past Life Regression---England

Jadeswan

Member
Slowly I relax as I visualize colors and a hallway. In a process which is becoming more familiar to me, I place my hand on a map. This time I am taken to England. Without hesitation I respond that the year is 1648. It leaps to my mind with compelling clarity. I am a young woman of about twenty with light skin, blue-gray eyes and curly black hair. I am wearing a simple but well-made dress of blue linen. I am in the midst of a beautiful meadow. I have a basket on my arm and I am gathering yarrow stalks and placing them in my basket. I have a small curved knife to help me cut them. Nearby is the ruin of an old stone barn or farmhouse. I finish gathering the herb and walk down a dirt road. On the outskirts of a village is a pleasant, roomy cottage. There are climbing roses growing over it. I live there with my housekeeper who is an older woman, a distant cousin of some sort. Both of my parents are dead. My father was fairly well-to-do and left me a comfortable amount of money. I enter the house and pass through the kitchen where copper pots and pans are hanging on the wall. There is a window with glass in it. I seem to take pleasure in that. Upstairs is my own room and I sit at a little desk. I pull out sheets of heavy paper and began to write with a dip pen. The scratching sound it makes is very soothing. I am making a little book of herbs and their uses. I don't recall how I came to be educated except that it had something to do with my father. I may have helped him keep his accounts in the absence of a son and heir.

Time passes and I carry my little homemade book out into the garden. A minister comes to see me. I receive him politely. I don't know him but I seem to have heard of him. Apparently he has heard of me as well and of the remedies and little spells I sometimes distribute to people in the village for various hurts and illnesses. He looks at the little book in my hand and tells me it is of the devil and I must burn it. I laugh in astonishment. I am so completely dumbfounded I don't even know what to say to him. I feel my heart is pure and innocent and that my book is good, not evil. He tells me I am not welcome at the church and leaves.

At first everything goes on the same but then I begin to notice that no one has come to call or ask advice in a long time. It is very unusual and I am troubled by it. One night I awake to the smell of smoke. The house is on fire! My housekeeper and I manage to escape but my cottage burns to the ground with everything in it. I am able to save only two things---a gold locket and my little book. Instead of taking me in after the fire my neighbors shout and throw stones at me. I am so bewildered. I don't know where to go or what to do. I have always been a part of a community and my community has betrayed me. My housekeeper leaves town to live with some other family members of hers but she must have managed to find me some clothes because at least I am decently arrayed again rather than just wearing my nightgown. I set off down the dirt road alone. Along the way I meet a young man on horseback. He is tall and handsome with blond hair and blue eyes. He asks about my welfare and when he finds I have nowhere to go he offers to escort me to the nearest inn. I am too embarrassed to tell him I have no money and I think I will simply sneak away once we get to the inn but when we get there he pays for my room without consulting me. I know it is all rather improper but I am so grateful I cannot demure. He doesn't say a word about paying for it and neither do I. He takes a separate room and we part. Early the next morning the people in the inn began shouting and the innkeeper comes to tell me I must leave at once. He doesn't seem harsh and I know he is speaking for my own good. I leave out a back way. As I stumble along crying, there is the young man on his horse again. He boosts me up behind him and we ride away from the shouts at the inn. He takes me to a large stone building that is his home. His parents are very stiff and very polite. They obviously do not want me anywhere near him. I cannot remember if they allow me to spend one night or only serve me a meal but whichever it is I am soon sent on my way. I see nothing more of the young man.

I continue on my way. I don't know if it has been hours or days or weeks. I am so alone and worst of all, I have no occupation, no usefulness, no place in the world. Just as I am beginning to despair I come upon a village where a battle has been fought. They have set up a makeshift hospital in a barn or a church or perhaps both. Suddenly I am needed. The people care nothing for my background except that I know something of caring for wounds. The scenes are heartbreaking but once again I am strong because I am needed. In the course of caring for the men I come across a soldier who has lost a hand. It is bleeding profusely and someone says he won't likely make it. I look down at him and the room tips a little. Something makes my heart beat fast. I bring yarrow, comfrey and bandages. I make poultices and bind up his stump tightly. After that, although I continue caring for all the men I come to him whenever I have a spare moment. There is something that draws me to him. I don't know how long I am there but the men gradually begin to leave. Some die but others get well and go home or back to battle, I suppose, depending on their condition. The man with one hand recovers and one day he is ready to leave in a borrowed cart. He is a man of few words and all he says to me is something like "Come with me. I'll take care of ye." I gather my few belongings and climb in beside him without a word. We travel some distance to where he was living before war broke out and we were married. He had a small cottage and had been a blacksmith. That was over now. I took in sewing, spinning and weaving and he gathered and sold firewood to make a living. It was a difficult life and I sometimes missed the elegance and comfort of my beautiful, rose-covered cottage. At times I felt degraded by the rude surroundings. I didn't blame him though. It was nothing either of us could help. We didn't have children of our own but one day a little boy of about five years old turned up out of nowhere. No one claimed him so my husband and I kept him as our own.
 
Continuation


One day I heard screaming and shouting. I thrust my little son back into the house with my husband and ran out again to see what was happening. A young woman was running down the street. Her face was pure white with fright and long golden hair streamed out behind her. People ran behind her shouting and throwing rocks at her. Something just took hold of my heart and I become like fire and iron all at once. I ran out into the street and grabbed her arm. We ran together to my house. My husband was standing in the door. He helped us inside and pulled the bar across the door and then just stood there as if to say they would have to go through him to get to us. The woman and I sat down with shaking knees. The people outside shouted and threw stones at the door but for some reason their anger began to die down and finally they left.


In the night my husband and I packed some of our belongings in our wagon and left, taking with us our son and the fair young woman. My husband had family in Ireland and that is where we headed. The journey is rather vague. It was long. At some point I think we traded our wagon and our ox for passage on a boat. When we arrived in Ireland we were greeted by a large family. There seemed to be aunts and cousins everywhere. They were very kind to us and helped us find a place to stay. One of the young cousins was apprenticed to my husband and he was able to open up shop as a blacksmith again. I'm not sure exactly how they did it but somehow they managed it. We lived among them and thanks to their kindness became reasonably prosperous. The young woman who had come with us was very quiet and shy but she managed to marry a young man in a neighboring village. She never revealed anything of her background and I could never blame her because I too had learned that some things are better kept secret. I was always ready to aid any who asked for help from my knowledge of herbs but I was wary of volunteering advice and I was careful to stick to herbs alone. I kept my little book though. I was proud of how it had survived so many disasters and journeys. I only showed it, however to a special few, including a granddaughter I believe. Our adopted son had grown up by then and married and had children. One autumn day when I was old my husband and I sat in chairs in front of our house. He was asleep beside me. The leaves whirled in the wind and as lightly and gracefully I whirled away too and left the world once again.
 
I believe my husband in this life is the same person as my husband in that one. I asked him about it and he very quietly said that being a wounded soldier and being cared for by me seemed very familiar. He also said something about remembering "the happy faces" when we came to Ireland. Keep in mind he still isn't sure he believes in reincarnation.


I was nervous about the historical accuracy of this past life---rather silly, I know---and I was afraid I might have made up the part about the battle. I don't know all that much about English history beyond the basics. Well, I looked up the year 1648 and there actually was a civil war going on in England at that time! I got goosebumps all over. I imagine my husband and I would have been loyalists. The minister who came to me in my garden and told me to burn my book was probably a puritan.
 
Thanks for sharing Jadeswan, and what a great validation to find out that your memories were from the English Civil War period.


Have you tried researching the battleground locations in England? One of them might ring a bell and help you to find out whereabouts you were located.


Chris :)
 
Thanks for sharing your memories, Jadeswan -- they're fascinating! You're lucky to have such an open-minded husband, too ... certainly you have to have a lot of trust in a relationship for him to help you with regressions like that even if he not quite sure he believes in reincarnation himself.


I could really relate to your heartbreaking account of the villagers (who probably burned down your house) turning their back on you and even throwing stones at you:

my community has betrayed me.
Somehow this seems to be a theme in my past lives (and current one) as well.
 
Hi Jadeswan,


Your regressions are certainly full of accurate historical images. And, the hysteria at that particular point in history was at its height. They would have been safe in Ireland, as long as they were not within the scope of English control. Not much has been recorded concerning town hysteria as you have described, and it provides wonderful insight to that unfortunate period.
 
Hi Jadeswan!


Amazing details from regression! Thank you so much for sharing.


I am so intrigued (and wonder how no one else has asked) about the regression method that you and your husband are using. Without knowing how and how quickly you get into regression, it almost sounds like magic.


Can you please explain in detail the process you follow? I am so so eager to know.


Thanks again for sharing those amazing details.


AKP.
 
Hiya Jadeswan,


Thanks again for sharing :) Like AKP I'm curious to hear more about your technique - your degree of details is astonishing! :thumbsup:
 
I'd love to know more about your regression method too. I'd be thrilled if I could remember my past lives with such detail. Please share! :thumbsup:
 
ChrisR, I did do some research about battle fields and other things from my regression and it all corresponded so well that I kind of freaked myself out. That's why I wasn't on the board for a while. It was a lot to deal with. Apparently I am remembering the Second Civil War in England which was 1648-1649. The word "Surrey" kept popping into my mind and the feeling that the battle I came across was a smaller one. I tried researching battles in Surrey in 1648 and found a skirmish in Kingston. I believe I came upon the aftermath of that skirmish.


Apparently a lot of herbalists were accused of witchcraft during that time period and women who had neither fathers or husbands or were at risk. It's a wonder I came off as well as I did.


Yes, Nightrain1, you were right---Ireland would have been a relatively safe place for us to take refuge. The witch mania seems to have been much milder there.


Jody, thank you for bringing up part about betrayal by my community. My sympathies to you for having to go through that as well. I've been thinking about it a lot and it really explains some things about me. I have an intense longing to be part of a community, especially to be useful to a community, but I always find myself pulling back from it at the same time. It just feels so dangerous.
 
To everybody who asked about technique, I am very new to all this so I just used the regression techniques in the back of Sylvia Brown's book Past Lives, Future Healing. We usually do the regressions at night after dark and I light a couple of beeswax candles on my night stand. My husband reads through the list of colors and their symbolism and I close my eyes and picture the colors in my mind. I have always been in love with color and they are very vivid to me. I picture things that are that color such as sky for blue, leaves for green, a dancer in an incredible costume for gold, not the same things each time though. Then my husband reads the meditation from the past life regression section and once I have found a place he slowly asks me simple questions such as "Where are you?", "What year is is?", "What are you wearing?", "Are you in good health?" and "How old are you?" Sometimes I know the answers, sometimes I don't. I just say what pops in my head and if I don't know I say so. After that I just move forward in the scene and describe what I see. Sometimes I hear or smell things too but it's mostly visual. (That's the way my present life memories are too.) It's not scary but it is as if I'm there. In the more emotional scenes I do seem to maintain more of a distance from what's happening. Then when I seem to be "talked out" he guides me to the moment of my death and I describe it. Then he gently regresses me back to the present. He takes notes on what I say but I usually remember all the details vividly without them. Once I remember what happened it sticks in my mind very clearly. That's one thing that is different from watching a movie or reading a book.


I know a couple of reasons my life in England memories were more detailed and clearer than my first two regressions---besides the fact that I'm getting more comfortable with regressing. One is that I am spending a lot of time studying herbalism in my present life. It feels very familiar---not the Chinese medicine or even the Native American as much but the herbs used in Europe just ring bells all over the place. I keep getting a sense of deja vu as I make herbal preparations. I even got a dip pen to write my herbal notes with. It just seemed the thing to do. So I think that the veil between the two lives might have gotten thinner because I am doing so many of the same things. Another thing that helped is that I spoke English in that life as well as this one. I know it was still different than the way I speak now but there are enough similarities that my conscious mind could process my old memories better. I would imagine that the fact that my husband in that life is also my husband in this one and was guiding the regression played a part too.


I hope some of that is helpful to you. I think one of the best ways to get clearer regressions is to really delve in to hobbies that interest you. If they are past life related it can make regressions easier. That's really all I know.
 
Jadeswan said:
I think one of the best ways to get clearer regressions is to really delve in to hobbies that interest you. If they are past life related it can make regressions easier. That's really all I know.
I believe that your insight regarding hobbies is quite profound, and I can attest to that experience by reenacting the 18th Century as a hobby for many years. Some of us can pick up an instrument and feel a strange familiarity, while others will read or travel to a location that feels as though they lived in that place or time. It seems that the one single common denominator among all such experiences is that we are in a open state of relaxation when such memories seem to occur. Curiously, I wonder if anyone has ever experienced a memory while at work, or under stress?
 
Yes, all of my memories and memory flashes have been in a relaxed state. I did have one memory while washing dishes but that has always been a favorite time to relax and let my mind wander. :D I wonder if a person might experience a past life memory under stress if the stress was similar to the kind experienced in the memory but that is just speculation. :)
 
First, I would like to say you are a beautiful writer. You describe your memories richly and emotionally with a great deal of visual detail, which I love:-)


I kind of think one of the reasons you are experiencing such success is because of your great relationship with your husband...at least it sounds great.


You speak of missing people from previous lives...I think most of my people are with me, but there is one who is missing. I almost think my interest in pl is my way of trying to find him again.
 
TLD, thank you for your kind words.


My husband and I do have a great relationship. It is surprisingly free of discord and disrespect. We do have different interests, different approaches to life and different beliefs about things and that has caused some friction from time to time. I remember two past lives together. He recalls a little of one of those and has shadowy possible memories from another life together. I believe we have things to work through in this life that relate to those past lives. One interesting thing about our life together in the 17th century is that he was a man of few words and I never knew how much he cared for me in that life. For that reason I wasn't especially overtly affectionate to him either then. In this life he is an exceptionally articulate man and I make extra efforts to show my affection. It's another chance to get things right.


I know what you mean about having an interest in past lives as a way to try to find someone. For years I have missed a man I have never met. It has been very healing and validating for me to recognize that I did in fact know him once and that in one life we were separated and never found each other and in another he lost me to starvation. That explains my profound sadness whenever I think of him. I wrote a poem for him once before I believed in reincarnation. I can remember part of it:


I call your name


Down the corridors of time.


Is it your voice I hear


Or are the answering echoes only mine?
 
Jadeswan said:
I wrote a poem for him once before I believed in reincarnation. I can remember part of it:
I call your name


Down the corridors of time.


Is it your voice I hear


Or are the answering echoes only mine?
Your poetry has great depth and meaning. Well done!
 
Back
Top