• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

A little closure “hymn”.

Ophelia3

Senior Registered
Just a little closure “hymn” that I wanted to share on my timeline, but too many words, so I’ll share on here instead.

In the spirit of the Summer Solstice tomorrow morning, and the end/beginning of a decade.

-

I still feel your presence,

Like I did the day you cradled me with your rays.

Within me, in you I had a mother, in me you had a daughter.

Remember when you embodied a paper flower, and I put you in my pocket and I held you for hours.

I still feel you there

The presence I felt when you warmed the dirt beneath my feet before I ran across it

You made me strong, you gave me clarity, you made me confident.

even at my loneliest I was never lonely,

Even when I left you, these memories followed me

Even then I still feel your presence,

The burn from when I turned my back,

I know these words must be bittersweet, a decade too little too late, but I said forever,

I haven’t left, please don’t leave me

And the more I think about it, the more I question your motif, I’m not blind to the coincidences, and perhaps you’re not the symbol you embodied in my consciousness, but I’ll forever be at the gratitude of your embodiment.

Perhaps this is not what you wanted, perhaps there were conditions, but my love remains unconditional.

I’ve pierced my skin in your embodiment, and so I embody you.

When I was a child, I hid within my mind behind the shell of my eyes.

This is a reunion, a reformation, a resurrection. This is not not goodbyes

Embrace me, and I’ll embrace you in this life, and the next, and the next after that, and forever, in all shapes and forms.

Your presence is felt around me everywhere, forever in your warmth.

-

Ophelia Xx

Ophelia, what a moving and beautiful piece... I am saddened and grateful... Assured and left longing. I got the chills reading this, nearly cried a nice release I did.
Thank you... <3 Sweet Child, Beautiful Mind... :)

Ophelia, what a moving and beautiful piece... I am saddened and grateful... Assured and left longing. I got the chills reading this, nearly cried a nice release I did.
Thank you... <3 Sweet Child, Beautiful Mind... :)

Thank you Cloud Potato, you’ve pretty summed up every emotion I was channeling. :)

It’s a draft piece that’s why it’s a bit sketchy in some area’s (I do like the non clean cut element though) but I really appreciate your kind words.

Xx

Poetry was huge in Ancient Egypt. I still remember some poems being classed as ‘hymns’ now.

I remember I said a poem once (in my Ancient Egyptian Queen lifetime) to one of my daughters while she was laying in my arms and it sounded much like this. I don’t remember all the words, but the closest hymn/song of modern times to it would be ‘ you are my sunshine’.

Lovely hymn :)

Eva x

Poetry was huge in Ancient Egypt. I still remember some poems being classed as ‘hymns’ now.

I remember I said a poem once (in my Ancient Egyptian Queen lifetime) to one of my daughters while she was laying in my arms and it sounded much like this. I don’t remember all the words, but the closest hymn/song of modern times to it would be ‘ you are my sunshine’.

Lovely hymn :)

Eva x

Sorry for belated response!

Yeah I wasn’t sure if I should pin it as a poem or hymn. It’s a bit of both but neither at the same time! :,D

That’s beautiful Eva! It genuinely gives me flushes of warmth.

Thank you. :)

Sure you weren’t one of my daughters then? ;)

Eva x

I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t contemplated that tbh.

The only person it doesn’t feel weird contemplating I was in form of is Meritaten. Everyone else kind of makes me feel uneasy.

All speculation though, but it would fit with the visions I had also.

Ophelia. Xx

I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t contemplated that tbh.

The only person it doesn’t feel weird contemplating I was in form of is Meritaten. Everyone else kind of makes me feel uneasy.

I always remember Meritaten to be a father’s girl, and when she was older, she took more of a liking to Queen Tiye more than me, her mother. I think even she disliked me when she was older and married Smenkhare.

I think it’s a real comtemplation. I loved all my daughters equally. But Meritaten, Meketaten and Ankhesenpaaten were taught with dual (new and old) religion’. Neferneferuaten Tasherit, Neferneferure and Setepenre were all taught with only the new Atenism. I suffered what is now known as Post Partum Depression with Setepenre.

Eva x

I always remember Meritaten to be a father’s girl, and when she was older, she took more of a liking to Queen Tiye more than me, her mother. I think even she disliked me when she was older and married Smenkhare.

I think it’s a real comtemplation. I loved all my daughters equally. But Meritaten, Meketaten and Ankhesenpaaten were taught with dual (new and old) religion’. Neferneferuaten Tasherit, Neferneferure and Setepenre were all taught with only the new Atenism. I suffered what is now known as Post Partum Depression with Setepenre.

Eva x

I remember visiting the bust of Nefertiti, and I had an intrusive thought something along the lines of “perhaps this woman was my mother” and the feelings associated with that weren’t friendly, as if, if I had of been a daughter of Nefertiti, we had a strained relationship. So again that would fit with your memories of Meritaten.

Also the visions I had being an older daughter of Nefertiti, and I certainly wasn’t Ankhesenamun.

Didn’t Meritaten get built her own palace, or separate location at Akhetaten? Cause the death scene I envisioned was at a newly built palace for this woman. Hmm.

Again, all just speculation, but it is interesting and a lot of things are starting to align.

Ophelia. Xx

P.S could explain our strained friendship at the start ;)

Back