• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Artefacts - Cultural Expressions

Ailish

Administrator Emerita
As humans, we create and express ourselves in many different forms – and have since the beginning of time. Culturally, there are specific items which are unique to each country and/or region. Some of those have changed considerably as their creators migrated and brought their crafts with them to new lands. Some have remained within their country of origin – an important part of the country’s customs even today.

As a child – I had memories of being a girl named Yanna. I remembered the process of making bowls with my mother and aunt. Each bowl had very specific symbols inscribed inside. It was only recently that I learned that what I was making were called incantation bowls. The symbols were Jewish-Aramaic in origin.

I am curious if anyone has specific memories of creating something with a cultural significance?

Ailish

Hello Aili,

I can't say that I have, but wanted to thank you for sharing such an interesting experience! Would you mind telling us more details of those memories? :)

Karoliina

Ailish~

Were these bowls, by chance, a kind of light blue? Like the color of a cloudless sky or blue water?

Hi Aili,

Jewish - Aramaic text can be seen here - text ;) That is an ancient culture Aili. Amazing you remembered this as a child and it goes so far back in history. :) I am looking forward to hearing more about it.

I have a few things I could share and I will soon. After finals week. : angel

Hi Kat - the bowls were large and round and the writing came from the bottom up around the edges in a swirl pattern. The bowls were an earthen color - some tinged almost with a bit of red, some more yellowish.

If you scroll down in the link Deborah provided (thank you, Deborah! :) ) - you will see in section 7-1 in the bottom right corner - a very similar bowl. The writing in "my bowls" started down farther on the bottom though.

Karoliina, Reynardine & Deborah - I will put some memories together to share soon - I'm really busy at work the next couple of weeks. ;)

Deborah - I'm looking forward to hearing your memories. :)

Does anyone else have something to share?

Aili

I am not sure how much this adds to the thread but I felt compelled to share after reading through it.

The past several nights in a row, before passing out of "regular" consciousness, I have experienced lightening fast visual flashes of a script I do not consciously recognize. I was startled to see how closely it resembles the writing pictured on the linked page.

Static images of a brown skinned little girl flash in conjunction with it - just the face, primarily close ups. Sometimes I get the impression of rust colored fabric swathed around her face too. I also receive the sensation of rough paper and hard beads - possibly mala-type beads - running across my fingertips at the same time. The beads were very important it seemed so I honed in on it - but unfortunately, the more I "honed" in on it, the faster the sensation died.

It would be interesting to research - I think I will have to weasel in a spare moment sometime tomorrow. :)

Ailish said:
Karoliina, Reynardine & Deborah - I will put some memories together to share soon - I'm really busy at work the next couple of weeks. ;)

Aili
Great; I'm looking forward to reading them! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing that Chansa! :) Would you have any clue about what that script is about?

Hi Sunniva. No, unfortunately I do not remember. Last night was the first night I did not experience this....I am used to receiving only these tiny bits at a time with long periods of almost nothing. :eek:

I look forward to reading more about the experiences others have had in relation to creating something culturally significant outside of this life. :D

Back