• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Babies That Behave Older

Christian

Hello. I'm new to this great forum, and so glad I've found it. There's so much good reading here that I'm looking forward to.

I'd like to ask if others have had experiences similar to two that I've had. In recent years I've begun to do work I love, and that's caring for children. Two children I cared for did things that startled me. Both children were about six months old when these events occurred. Both children seemed normal in every way, other than the behavior I'm about to describe.

The first child would occasionally make prolonged eye contact with me, tilt his head to one side, as an adult does when looking at something he considers to be adorable, and then smile at me. OK, I'm aware that six month olds can, and do, do all of these things. I guess it was the prolonged eye contact that made it feel different for me. He just seemed to be like a little old man at those moments. And here's the thing that everyone has told me six month old babies just do not do, he would KISS me. He didn't really crawl yet, so he would wiggle over to me as best he could, (I would be sitting on the floor), and then he would pull himself up by grabbing my clothing, until he could reach my cheek with his mouth, and then he would KISS me.

The second child, poor baby, sometimes had what must have been terrible stomach, and intestinal pain. Before his parents took him to a doctor for treatment he would occasionally have awful bouts of crying. On one of these occasions, (and I know this sounds incredible), he spoke. He actually screamed in pain, between normal cries, "I want my mommy." I don't know of any possible ordinary explanation for this. Six month old babies do not speak as far as I know. By the way I still know this child. He is nearly four years old now, has had normal development, and did not began talking early. Has anyone else seen this kind of thing in infants?

Welcome to the forum, Christian. :)

I haven't witnessed or heard of the kind of baby behaviour you describe, but sometimes babies do seem to have all the wisdom in their eyes, which is amazing.

Karoliina

Hi Christian,

Welcome to the forum. I've never seen this particular behaviour from a 6 month old either, but it doesn't surprise me. Like Karoliina said, sometimes you can sense a certain amount of wisdom for such a young child, as if they have many years' experience of life behind them.

Please keep us informed if you notice any other unusual behaviour, it's so easy to overlook these things and dismiss them.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Chris - :)

Thank you for your kind welcome.

I was thinking about these experiences after I made the earlier post, and I wanted to correct something I think I remembered incorrectly. I think now the second baby cried "mama," rather than "mommy." It sounded like: "I, (gasp), won, (gasp), my, (gasp), ma, (gasp), ma." It was amazingly clear at the time. I could hardly believe my ears. I've heard that babies understand language long before it's commonly believed that they do. Maybe under great stress he was able to form words that he already knew, or maybe under great stress he was able to access language abilities from his past life.

Just a couple of days ago a four year old said to me in the middle of play, "When I was grown up ...," and then something I don't remember, but that part certainly got my attention. I asked her a few questions, and she said something about crossing a field to become a baby, and then going back again later. Then she was off on another subject.

My Austin ;0)Hello! This thread got me to thinking back on my own children. I have 4, 3 boy's and 1 girl. Of course they are all the most Amazing thing's EVER :laugh:. But, My Oldest was unbelieveable as a baby/small child. When he was about 6 months old we got him one of those little things that has a steering wheel and gear shift that sits on your lap. Austin was sitting up by that time, and would sit there for hours "driving" and making car noises, that sounded very much like a motor sound. Something you would expect a 5-6 yr. old boy to do while playing w/ Hot Wheels. Not a 6 month old baby. He would drive one handed and constantly had the other hand on the little shift stick. It would blow everyone away that seen it! Back then, of course, I had never given reincarnation much thought. But, now, it's like...Ahhhhhhhh! That explains it! ;) He was also taking steps at 7 months, and walking by 9 months. Babbled at Delievery and started speaking full sentences by a year. He suffers from ADHD, but I honestly believe that explains more, because he just has so much going on at all times. He is now 13 and about to enter the 8th grade, and is showing interest in Reincarnation as well. So maybe someday we will discover whatever there is to discover.[ :rolleyes:/SIZE]

zoomerCAG3KZ8K.jpg

/monthly_2008_07/zoomerCAG3KZ8K.jpg.5b4bee6412ca477217d5d7e7a816dddc.jpg

Thanks for sharing about Austin. It really sounds like he never forgot all of his past life skills. :)

Karoliina

Christian,

I've hardly ever shared this information, but your post reminded me of what happened with my son when he was still in a baby seat, so he must have been less than 6 months old. We were at a local restaurant having brunch, and his midwife and another woman walked by. I don't think we had seen the midwife since my son's birth. Well, out of my son's mouth came the words, "Hi, how are you?" to the midwife. We all heard it and we were stunned! We couldn't believe our ears! And that was it for at least a year. He ended up being a late talker.

I don't even know how to explain that one. This is only the third time I've heard of a child speaking a full phrase long before their language patterns developed. Very strange.

Our son, Adam, spoke unexpectedly when he was about a year old. He was sitting in his high chair when out of the blue he said, "Don't do that (pftftftftftf)." I had no idea what prompted this, nor did it happen again. He finally started talking normally later on.

He's now a 24 year old Marine Sargent in Iraq (expected to return in September).

Curtis

Phoenix, Arizona

Christian said:
I don't know of any possible ordinary explanation for this. Six month old babies do not speak as far as I know.
Oh yes they do. It's not the average, but it does happen. Especially among gifted children, they often speak as early as 6 months. According to my parents, who documented it in my baby book, I started talking at 6 months.

One of the first things I said was "want training pants", and I housebroke myself, and started walking.

It's nothing magical or mystical, we all develop at different rates, and if a baby has something to say at 6 months because they are in extreme pain and need their mother, or they find nothing more repulsive or humiliating than being forced to soil themselves in a diaper, they will demand training pants so they can use a toilet.

If they don't, like Einstein, they'll wait until they get good and ready to talk.

Phoenix

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted, but saw this thread and had to jump in.

I became a grandmother 11 months ago...and she's the sweetest thing!!...of COURSE I'm predjudice!!: angel Well, Alyssa has done everything early. I think a little 'too' early. I know my own children weren't this fast to develop, and even though babies have different ages for different milestones, she just seems not to want to be a baby at all. hehe.

By four months she was scooting, rolling over and sitting up. At five months she was crawling, and I don't mean a little, I mean she could crawl fast. She was pulling up at six months, and by the end of her eighth month she was walking. She's 11 months now and is running, can climb the stairs, and has a vocabulary of about 30 words.

She started saying words at six months, like mama, nee-nee (she can't say Grammie, which is me), dada, huh, no, ba-ba for bottle, no, my for mine, etc. Now at 11 months, she can put words together and says 'mama bye bye' (when her mom leaves for work in the mornings,), my baby, c'moan nee-nee, etc. Before this lil tyke, I had no idea babies could do things so early. Yesterday, her mom (my daughter, Heather) was getting her out of packed boxes because she was unpacking them, and Heather took a package of rice away from her and told her to get her toy. Alyssa crossed her little arms, and with a pouty face told her mom, "No, I'm mad". Heather and I just looked at each other and busted out laughing. You just can't help it sometimes.

She does things daily that amaze us that babies normally don't do until much later. We're starting potty training already, because when she pees or poops, she squats down and grunts, and when she's pooped, she pops the tapes on her diaper, saying 'nasty, yuk' , wanting to be changed.

Ok, so there's my book. LOL! You can tell I'm a proud and somewhat shocked grandmother at all this lil one is doing. I'll keep you posted if anything is said that could be from a past life. So far, she's just getting too big, too fast!!

Hugs,

Melissa

Back