• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Being attracted to time periods, and not being attracted to time periods

Obie

Senior Registered
Have you ever not been attracted to a certain time period but found out you lived during that time? such as you had no interest in medieval times but found out you had a life during then? Or you were extremely attracted to a certain time period such as the 1920's but did not have any PLs during that time once regressed? Have you ever been let down like that?

Hi Obie,

Have you ever not been attracted to a certain time period but found out you lived during that time?

I was never really interested in medieval/renaissance times -- and quite annoyed by the head pieces and shoes. Recently I did a meditation that revealed a life in Holland in the early to mid 1400's. It was a good life. ;)

Or you were extremely attracted to a certain time period such as the 1920's but did not have any PLs during that time once regressed? Have you ever been let down like that?

No, I haven't ever been "let down." I usually just accept whatever comes -- as what is meant to be known at the time. I think it's important to remember that just because you don't remember being in a time period you loved -- doesn't mean you weren't there. Perhaps -- you just aren't meant to be remembering it at that point.

Ailish

I am extremely attracted to the 50's and 60's, particularly the mid to late 60's, but so far none of my regressions brought me to that time period. Only to my life from 1909-1947. I strongly feel i did have a life during that time, but I'm just not ready for/dont need to see that life yet.

I can't answer your question because I've never had a PL regression with a regressionist but I can say that I've had memories that conform to the time periods that I'm drawn to. I'm extremely interested in Biblical studies and history and associated places. I am especially attracted to Roman and Greek history and artifacts. I love archaeology and read everything available regarding any kind of new finds that relate to this era.

I feel very drawn to Ancient Egypt, but haven´t found any PLs connected to that era (yet).

Medieval times did not interest me at all, but it seems that I´ve incarnated very often those days.

I am also very drawn to England. Not Scotland, Ireland or Wales, just England. So far I´ve found only one life, where I was actually born in England, but it seems that I´ve moved there quite often from another country.

France haven´t been too interesting either, but I strongly believe that I must have French PLs. I lived in France quite recently (not because I particularly wanted to go there, I just found a good job opportunity) and I was surprised how normal I felt there! This is hard to explain, but I believe that this is the first time I´m incarnated to Finland and there are a lot of habits and certain kind of thinking that just isn´t me. So I´m a little bit odd in this country.

The period between 1500-1920. This era stayed as a "black hole" for a long time although I´ve found it very interesting. Quite recently I have found something, but not much.

In general, I feel very European. I´m not drawn to Asian countries, Africa is much more interesting. So far I have found PLs, where I lived in Europe, Northern and Southern America. I also found a life in Siberia. That was a surprise as well.

Lila P said:
In general, I feel very European. I´m not drawn to Asian countries, Africa is much more interesting. So far I have found PLs, where I lived in Europe, Northern and Southern America. I also found a life in Siberia. That was a surprise as well.

Funny you should say that, I feel exactly the same. I feel strongly European through and through, not Asia (excluding Russia), Africa, Australia - not even the US. So far the memories I've had focus mainly on Northern Europe - but not Scandinavia, my birthplace. I wonder if I've really only lived around here or that I just don't "feel" the other lives, because I don't recall them...

Lila, Sunniva, Amy, Hippie.....

A question for all of you.....

I've never had any kind of regression done, although I would love to! It would be nice to be able to confirm things that I've known in my heart...

When you've had regressions done, are the past lives that you learn about during regression only pl's from countries and cultures that you know about?

Have you ever learned of a pl from a country and culture that you knew nothing about in this life? Such as, being from a country or city that you've never heard of before, but were able to confirm that existed after the regression??

I'm just curious if regressions seem to trigger pl's of places that we are interested in now in this life, or if regressions truly give pl's containing information that we have no way of knowing in this life about the places, countries, cultures, religions, etc., that we couldn't possible know.
(Please forgive the wordiness, have no clue how to say this).

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer, it's appreciated!: angel

Love and Light,
Melissa (Melsie)

Hello Melissa,

I think it works differently for different people. For example I rarely get straight information in "spoken words" during a dream or a regression. I mean there's hardly ever anyone stating for example "you are now in Uzbekistan".

I often get a feeling which place it is, but I'm not always sure I get it exactly right. For example there's one PL flash I've had that I for some reason think is situated in Egypt, but it could be some other place - close geagraphically or culturally.

I know some people have gotten place names or things like that, previously unknown to them, but validated later as existing. I remember one member, who had seen herself in China, underground in tunnels - and it was later validated there really are underground tunnels like the ones she remembered in Beijing. Another member remembered a lifetime on the British Isles long time ago, where the women lived separately from men - and according to reasearch, it really did happen back then.

So to answer your question, I definitely think it is possible to gain knowlegde of places you don't know beforehand, but for example here in Finland we learn so much about global geography at school, it would be difficult to find a completely strange place. :) Still I'd say people seem to often reincarnate in same cultural settings (for example most of us here tend to remember more European and North American past lives than others), or then it's just easier for us to remember familiar things, places and cultures.

I hope this helped a little! :)

Karoliina

Melsie, to answer your question I have found myself as a woman in Siberia. I know little about Siberia, basically all I know is that it is in Russia and there are Mountains called the Siberian Mountains. You can read about my experience so far here... Siberian Woman I know little about that life, but I seem more drawn to a male incarnation set in the 1800's around California (I haven't had much interest in California :D ) Anyway, you could read about that incarnation here.... "Over There"

Have a wonderful day,
VanH.

I have never felt let down. Conversely, I have had memories of at least three different lifetimes and have really not been attracted to two of them. Not to their times or cultures. This includes my life just prior to this one.

I know I was a man in that life and though I am a woman this time, I do seem to have a lot of male energy. I am not gay, just have kind of always been a tomboy.

I have remembered a life in the south as a British soldier that took place during the French/Indian War. As a child (about age 8), I drew a picture of a battle that took place during that war. My mom saved it and I just recently found it. I'm guessing that she saved it because it was quite good for an 8 yr old and I was not a good artist at all. I'm still not. I do not remember where the idea to draw this battle came from. I do believe though that I drew it after we went to visit some relatives that live in the south (Louisiana). I love the architecture and other things about the Southern U.S.

I don't need any kind of validation because for me the 'knowing that this was a past life feeling' is so so strong. I feel if I am meant to know any more than that, it will come to me. So far, I've only been able to figure out why I was shown one of those three memories.

Vicky

I wasn't drawn to the Aboriginies. The memory that I had of a man doing art came as a surprise (because it was so spontaneous and because I was an artist), and I had a chuckle over it. I think that because there's the endless possibilities of what a person could have been, there's going to be a few lives that just come out as a "whoah man" kind of feel after a person experiences a moment in it.

I have had a World War I obsession for the last 20 years, have read dozens of memoirs of WWI soldiers and written books about them--but do not seem to have had a PL as one. Instead I was a woman in California during that time, an area of the country that I know little about - as appeared in my first professional regression.

Lonewolf

Before answering the question at hand, I wanted to respond to Karolina. You wrote: For example I rarely get straight information in "spoken words" during a dream or a regression. I mean there's hardly ever anyone stating for example "you are now in Uzbekistan". This is quite true, and it is a fact which I've noticed and pondered. Consider, for a moment, that in this lifetime you generally go through life knowing the date, your geographical location, your name, the names of your family members, etc. but rarely having to focus on these things. For example, if you live in Toronto, you will rarely say "I'm in Toronto" or "this is TO", or "how wonderful to be in Toronto", or "I'm in Southern Ontario." You know where you are, but it is rarely central to your thought process because it is obvious. Similarly, the year in which your living or your own name are rarely central points of anything memorable in life, so they don't get discussed. If you think back on a trip to Disney Land in this life, you think of Mickey, even though you also know you were near L.A. -- it's no different in a past life memory -- your memories may include things you know that do not need to be explicitly stated.

As for being drawn to particular times and places...

I have been interested in and comfortable with the settings of the past lives I remember, even long before it became clear that I had been reincarnated. While some interests differ from then to now, the places, time, and roles I choose remain rather similar, though my horizons continue to expand (which may help in future lives). If anything, I have found the historical periods in which I have lived far more interesting than those spent in an interim phase between lives.

...Rod

Lonewolf,

Hmmm. I would find it odd if you were that obsessed about that war without a PL reason. Do you think it's possible that woman in California was somehow affected by the war - had a loved-one on the front or something like that? Or maybe the war was an important issue in your next incarnation? What do you think personally?

Karoliina

PS. Good point, Rod.

This is not so much about a time period, but a culture:

I have never really thought I'd have a Native American past life. I do find the culture/s fascinating, but still I haven't had particularly strong feelings about it. So I was surprised when during my latest meditation I saw myself as an old Native American woman, sitting by a fire smoking a pipe, and telling stories giggling to a young girl. It was a very happy memory. :)

We might have been Hopi.

Karoliina

As time goes on and my belief in reincarnation has validated itself, I find myself being interested/connected to times and places that I previoulsy wasn't. I used to feel like I had no connection to the 40s...that is, until I started having memories of the 40s. I think a lot of our connections come from lives that for some reason or other stay on the "surface." The surface meaning that we learned a lot from the particular incarnation, or for some reason that incarnation is one that we need to focus on in the very immediate present. That may or may not make any sense to any of you! Sorry if it's unclear.

At the moment, I feel very connected to the 1940s, and Victorian times, even though I'm not 100 percent sure who I was back then (the Victorian life, anyway).

Back