• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Consulting Psychic About Lifeplan?

unquestionably

Is it a good idea to consult a psychic about my lifeplan? The Bible specifically states not to do it b/c psychics generally give readings through demonic spirits. But, I've tried asking God for help, and I'm just not getting any response or feedback... Or, at least, that's what it feels like to me...

It's my opinion that we're not meant to know our life-plan (not consciously anyway), I would liken it to sitting an exam with all of the answers written on your sleeve. :)

unquestionably said:
The Bible specifically states not to do it b/c psychics generally give readings through demonic spirits.
Although my own correspondence with God has been negligible, I sincerely doubt that there is any kind of religious injunction against finding out our lifeplan. To say that psychics generally give readings through demonic spirits is a perjorative statement bourne of scriptures which have questionable human origin, and reflects poorly upon psychic phenomenon which undoubtedly has positive and helpful intention. It is reasonable to seek guidance from reputable sources of any kind. But, if none is given, one should not feel isolated and abandoned, for the answers are often within us.

There may also be a situation in which we're given what we're meant to see. Not as an outright answer, as Chris is suggesting, but perhaps the right thing at the right time that encourages another perspective on a topic.

Or perhaps even the lack of a response shouldn't be interpreted as a lack of available resources, but an opportunity to develop ones own internal guidance system.

I've often found in my life I've rarely needed to ask for help. Usually the answer is quite visible in some form of intuition, a phrase on the radio or just about any form that is possible. But it's largely been up to me to recognize this signals and make the most out of them.

I have been gifted with a view of my lifeplanning session which has provided me an enormous level of comfort and satisfaction. I have also been chided by the beings present for seeking to actually see what was planned...in the most loving way, I was told "You know better", "that is why you are there...to find out what happens", and finally and most obviously "your knowledge of the plans you made would change the course of your actions."

I have seen how my life was planned, the intricate interweaving of beings, events and locations, the greatest potential directions with alternatives at every turn, but the specifics and purpose has been withheld completely. While I was shown aspects of the plan I had already experienced which provided me answers for specific situations and occurrences, the future is invariably withheld...it is incumbent on us to live it.

How about when you dream who you are going to marry and the specific situation which you'll meet that person years before it happens... Wouldn't it be fair game to seek a psychic for answers to similar topics?

No, I don't think anyone is saying that you can't try! But typically, caution is advised when consulting psychics.

And the on the other hand, why don't you try yourself?

Check out our links here for lots of resources to help you get started!

unquestionably said:
How about when you dream who you are going to marry and the specific situation which you'll meet that person years before it happens... Wouldn't it be fair game to seek a psychic for answers to similar topics?
As Totoro said, anything is fair game...just don't be too disappointed if you cannot obtain the answers you want. A point of information...a true and talented psychic has the ability to see the direction of highest probability your energy is flowing. Upon leaving the psychic, your choices may alter that direction completely based upon what you were told. Of course, it gets complicated from there because of lifeplans, etc.

This is the difficulty with any predictive matters...if you were to find out what your future held you would make decisions to either achieve that destiny or avoid it...while your lifeplan was intended to meet that future and make decisions based on those circumstances without having the crib-sheet...we purposely do not have the full understanding of the plan for our life so that we can meet each event with an open mind and no prejudged viewpoint.

All that said, I would look more to the akashic records rather than a psychic...it is a deeper view into your soul and one obtains a greater perspective of your inner purposes and soul level motivations.

usetawuz said:
I have also been chided by the beings present for seeking to actually see what was planned...in the most loving way, I was told "You know better", "that is why you are there...to find out what happens", and finally and most obviously "your knowledge of the plans you made would change the course of your actions."
This echos my own personal experience with hidden knowledge regarding 'spiritual themes' associated with the 'soul.'

In 1996, the first 'hidden' memory associated with childhood where I had 'second sight' came to the surface of my adult mind. I was overwhelmed and thought I was losing my sanity. I felt very alone with it - and wanted confirmation outside of my own mind. The Internet was in it's infancy at the time and I scanned a message board on AOL and found another person claiming she had the new found ability to 'channel' spirits. I was recalling many memories of a 'spirit guide' that had walked with me from the time I was born until my last NDE at the age of 18. My thought was - "My gawd, how in the world can a person forget something like that?"

I contacted this pyschic through an email. I never seen her before -or spoke with her in person. I discussed my own spiritual beliefs. I felt the information I was seeking had to have the approval to come from a 'higher authority.' This psychic agreed and that put me at ease because it was motivated by a 'prayer' that I would utter on my behalf and a prayer she was going to utter for authority. She refused to take payment nor was she seeking payment. She looked at the skill as a gift from God and she didn't feel that sort of 'gift' came with a price tag. We agreed to meditate on the matter at the same time during the evening.

During the meditation process - I dozed off for a period. While I was half asleep and half awake - I heard the two main 'spirit' guides debating the pro's and con's of the matter - on whether or not to share information with a third party about my personal experience in spirit with either of them. One of them was against it and the other was for it. The one that was against it was stating, "He knows this already. He is on a course to recall this for himself without outside help." The other spirit guide knew I didn't need the psychic to help me recall as much as I was looking for validation outside myself and FROM God - more so than a human being. The novice psychic and I had agreed that if any 'information' came through - God was to be credited for it. I was looking for information why I called this 'messenger' by a verbal 'worldly' nickname when I knew that it had a silent 'otherworldly' name it would identify herself to me with. I was having trouble recalling that. I wanted that information to come through a 'third party' to validate the other memories as well as future memories.

I got up the next morning and read my emails - and the physic wrote me an email with impressions she had received during the meditations. It was sort of generic but - everything she said was 100% accurate which NO one knew about except for spirits. She gave credit to the 'higher authority' on spiritual matters and felt she was nothing but a 'go-between.' What she wrote in the letter helped trigger the reason why I chose the nickname I did for this 'messenger of light.' Both the 'debating spirits I had heard during my own meditations - had found a middle ground and nothing was revealed in the email that the one spirit wanted me to recall on my own.

It was so funny afterwards when I started thinking about it. Instead of going through a third party - they (the two debating spirits) could have said something that triggered the recall but that isn't what I was looking for that night. I wanted outside validation to confirm what memories I had already received - and was constantly uncovering.

I believe we all have unseen and silent 'spiritual guides' hovering around us at all times. If you NOT meant to know something on a conscious level - NO psychic in the world is going to be able to give you something you already have hidden under your own nose buried deep within your own inner heart.

Sincerely,

DKing

I was overwhelmed and thought I was losing my sanity. I felt very alone with it - and wanted confirmation outside of my own mind.
I had the same feeling quite strongly and that was how I found this place. :laugh:

I never really gave reincarnation any serious thought, until recently. And even then I considered it a game to get me through some long nights at work. I used online tarot cards trying to divine who I may have been in a past life. And then boom, here I am.

And in hing sight, I don't think it was a game at all, at least not one I invented. I'm quite certain at this point the suggestion of looking up who I could have been in a previous life was put there on purpose.

I'm quite thankful I've had the internet to make my journey so interesting and successful.

I really want to know the answer to this nagging question. I have recently applied to go back to school. However, I can't see myself being motivated enough to finish this program, if I didn't know the answer. I guess what I want is peace of mind, so I can fully concentrate on my studies. So far, none of the posts have really helped me achieve this. It looks like I will try (no promises made) to hold off consulting with a psychic until the pain becomes unbearable...

What is the best method of divination that I can do for myself that is reasonably realiable?

unquestionably said:
What is the best method of divination that I can do for myself that is reasonably reliable?
I found this quote:

Divination: The seeking after knowledge of future or hidden things by inadequate means. The means being inadequate they must, therefore, the supplemented by some power which is represented all through history as coming from gods or evil spirits. Hence the word divination has a sinister signification. As prophecy is the lawful knowledge of the future divination, its superstitious counterpart, is the unlawful. Source: Catholic Encyclopedia
I think the lawful approach would be the old fashioned method of what some call 'prayer.' IMO. Matthew 6:6

You mentioned your impatience with seeking direction from God. Much of the time in my own youth - when I expressed my own impatience - I was told over and over again - to seek patience.

Prayer and Patience.

Sincerely,

DKing

Dear unquestionably, Please don't suffer. It isn't what God wants from us. I understand your reluctance to go to psychics, although I think that type of intuition is a natural gift from God. I have a feeling many psychics have "flashes" of insight, but little real control over it. For myself, I sometimes use the Tarot, but not necessarily for divination. They are a good tool to use for self-insight. The pictures on them are universal symbols. They can tell you what you really think, feel, and want. If you try this, look over the various decks, and find one that feels right to you. I pray every day, but when I need an answer, I ask God for a lucid dream right before I go to sleep. Sometimes the dream has answers, but it may work like the Tarot. God helps you tap an inner well-spring of self understanding, that may be stronger than what you could get from the most powerful psychic. Have you noticed that the best ones seem to rely a great deal on their common sense? You seem to have that in abundance. Blessings to you on your "journey".

Well, I just got rejected by the school I hope to attend next year. I am at a loss at what to do next.

It's times like these that I wish I knew what the universe has in store for me...

There ARE honest and reliable psychics. But they don't need to advertise so it's mainly by word of mouth. There are probably some in your local area.

I'd be cautious when consulting a psychic. There are, as with all people, the good and the bad.

Here's the thing- we have to find our own journey in life, and no one can tell where to go or how to find it. That is for us to do.

Also, and I know this is not going to feel comforting right now, but this may have been a blessing in disguise for you. Sometimes what we feel may be right for us, or it is what we want, isn't necessarily what is best for us or, the better outcome.

I've had this happen a lot. Most recently, I was working myself into a stress filled frenzy trying to get into this internship, I so desperately wanted. When I couldn't get in, and saw the mountain of work that I would need to do to even try again to get it, I felt out of sorts. Not even a month later, a newer opportunity came up. I took it, and have never been better!

So, sometimes life works in funny ways. ;)

Edelweiss said:
I'd be cautious when consulting a psychic. There are, as with all people, the good and the bad.
Here's the thing- we have to find our own journey in life, and no one can tell where to go or how to find it. That is for us to do.

Also, and I know this is not going to feel comforting right now, but this may have been a blessing in disguise for you. Sometimes what we feel may be right for us, or it is what we want, isn't necessarily what is best for us or, the better outcome.

I've had this happen a lot. Most recently, I was working myself into a stress filled frenzy trying to get into this internship, I so desperately wanted. When I couldn't get in, and saw the mountain of work that I would need to do to even try again to get it, I felt out of sorts. Not even a month later, a newer opportunity came up. I took it, and have never been better!

So, sometimes life works in funny ways. ;)
I can totally relate to that.

Hi unquestionably:

There is some good advise here and you can pick and choose.

Here is a nice idea from another forum;

"...When asking from [for] help from my guides/divine guidance I quiet myself into a semi-meditative state. I then present the options or question for discernment into my mind as a "Left/Right" yes or no, option 1 or option 2... How I know the answer is correct (and now it almost always is) is the peace and calm I feel inside my body about the "right answer".

I do something similar and it REALLY does work! One of the big things that I've accomplished with this is sorting out GREAT pieces of knowledge. Like tapping (EFT etc.) and reverse speech that I mention below.

If you'd really like to step further out of the box, you can use reverse speech analysis. It is a method of accessing your deep mind via playing recordings backward. It can be very tricky and slow, but it can be done again and again to gradually build up a full and accurate picture. I've used it to actually predict the future. If you are really interested (it will take many hours/days of work) I'll be happy to tell you how to do it and avoid most of the pit falls.

One more thing is that I've used reverse speech and other research to find out what seems to be coming for most of us. Want to know? OK, here's a little bit of what I'm pretty sure is coming.

Starting sometime this month Dec. 2012 on into next year, the world will start changing in revolutionary ways. Much of the old ways of doing things will fall away. Studying for a degree right now, will almost certainly be a huge waste of time and energy. There will be tons of suppressed knowledge and inventions released.

We the people will be the government again in really wonderful ways. We will have prosperity and health and much more including lifespans that may not even end! So unless you die in the next year or so, you will have complete control of your lifespan!

Rather than work on a degree etc., I'd suggest that you learn everything that you can about what's out of the box, like reincarnation, psychic abilities, how to get accurate answers for yourself and how to heal your emotions and other people's emotions like EFT etc. Tapping on other people's past-life traumas is stunningly effective and powerful. These sorts of things will soon be much more valuable than degrees etc.

unquestionably said:
I really want to know the answer to this nagging question. I have recently applied to go back to school. However, I can't see myself being motivated enough to finish this program, if I didn't know the answer. I guess what I want is peace of mind, so I can fully concentrate on my studies. So far, none of the posts have really helped me achieve this. It looks like I will try (no promises made) to hold off consulting with a psychic until the pain becomes unbearable...
What is the best method of divination that I can do for myself that is reasonably realiable?

unquestionably said:
How about getting a birth/life chart done by a psychic. Are those reliable indicators of "the future"?
They CAN be reliable, IF the psychic is reliable. Be careful. I'll send you a PM with more info.

I understand very much, why you so wish to consult for help. Trust me, I've been there in my darkest times, where it seemed there was no end in sight nor a light to shine me through. I think you need to forge your own path. Don't worry too much about going the wrong direction, or whether what you are doing is timely or right. I find that, even if we stray, the path eventually comes back to us, one way or the other, and you'll notice you weren't really lost to begin with. You'll see that events shape into what may have been what we actually needed to get to where we were or are supposed to be. Just hang in there and go with the flow.

I don't see anything wrong with asking for outside help, but ultimately they can't help you. Only you can do so. Another caution, is that I have found that people tend to rely too much on outside help that they become too dependent on it, that they can not see for themselves.

Personally myself I don't frequent Psychic's, but each person's game plan is different, whatever works for you is fine. :)

I remember the phrase, "Whenever the student is ready, the teacher will appear" has worked for me in the past as whenever God or my spirit guides wish to impart some insight, they will.

Some people don't seem to have the luxury of waiting like I do or the effort needed to access this information and I can fully understand that.

On a lighter note, with tongue in cheek, I'm just curious, when we talk to God, it is called praying, but when God talks to us, we're accused of hearing voices and we're hauled off to a mental ward.

I've never figured that one out yet and probably never will (at least on this earthplane).

All I ever want to do is lie in bed and sleep all day. I have no motivation to do anything else. I do however, want to attend this other school (should they accept me). But it is too expensive, and I might not get a job after I graduate to cover the debt.

I have dreams, just like anyone else. I don't know the way to achieve any of it. It real feels like when I turn 50, all of my dreams will fail to be realized, just makes me want to give up right now and here...

I remember reading about a member here who had a life chart done by an astrologer/psychic and it was fairly accurate. Would any one confirm?

I have come to the conclusion that the only way to reliably get a glimpse of one's lifeplan are two-fold: 1) Magic mushroom, and 2) rare chance encounter with a real psychic...

Don't limit yourself. There are lots of ways to find out almost anything. You and all of us have unlimited potential and healing past-life traumas is a good way to start accessing that potential. Your potential is greater than any present day psychic.

unquestionably said:
I remember reading about a member here who had a life chart done by an astrologer/psychic and it was fairly accurate. Would any one confirm?
I have come to the conclusion that the only way to reliably get a glimpse of one's lifeplan are two-fold: 1) Magic mushroom, and 2) rare chance encounter with a real psychic...

Okay, the most reliable way to divine I have found is to ask (not by saying aloud to) God to play a song on the radio (internet radio) within the next 30 minutes if the answer is a "yes". Has anyone else tried this method of divination? How reliable is it?

I can tell you that it is not very reliable. For most things it's not the method, it's where the tester is at mentally. It's based on the same principles as most other ways, like dowsing, rune stones, tarot cards. There are dowsers that can have fantastic accuracy on some things and really foul up on others. Reverse speech is the only way that comes to my mind that is not fully subjective. When you take the sound and get an opinion of an RS expert and then do it again and again it becomes rather objective.

Hi unquestionably,

First (speaking as a professor at a college here in California,) just because a school doesn't accept you in a program doesn't mean you cannot not take classes there. Enroll anyway. Take one or two of the classes in the area you wished to major/minor in and get to know the faculty; what their looking for etc. Don't give up. My bet is next year you would be accepted.

Reading your posts here I see a pattern - of giving up. Perhaps that is the lesson? You're higher self (spirit/soul God/divine) needs you to take action. Perhaps what you are looking for - is within - you.

Back