• Thank you to Carol and Steve Bowman, the forum owners, for our new upgrade!

Did you look similar in past life/lives?

I have a question for those of you who know what you looked like. How did you get to see yourself? In all my memories I'm looking out of my eyes and around at everything exactly as I would looking around thins room now. Unless there's a mirror around I can't see what I look like.

I've been trying to figure out a way to remember how I looked but I have no memories of that. I was trying to visualize a mirror or some water but it didn't work.

Hi wednesday,

I've seen what I looked like in a mirror and also my reflection in water, although I can't often do it at will. And it didn't feel strange at all to see a girls' face look back at me, I wasn't expecting to see anything else, although I wasn't totally lost in the memory, I was vaguely aware that this was not my face now, but at the same time, it still felt as if I was looking at my own face if that makes sense? The recognition was the same feeling as if I were looking at my present face in the mirror now. And like somebody said before, the eyes are the same, they may 'look' different, be a different color, have longer lashes, different lids etc., but there's something IN the eyes that is eternal.

I've also seen myself from a third person perspective, but those kind of visions were more symbolic, not actual memories. I don't know what to suggest to help you, I guess people recall their past lives in different ways, and no two experiences are the same. Next time you regress yourself, why don't you try to visualize that you are taking a mirror with you, it might work, it's worth a try :)

wednesday said:
I have a question for those of you who know what you looked like. How did you get to see yourself?
For me it's mostly a general idea rather than a detailed description. The life that I have the best idea what I looked like was my most recent. Actually, the first time I saw that life it was from a third person perspective. That's how I know. There was another time in that life I was experincing it from a first person perspective and I was able to look in the mirror. I wish it were that simple for the other lives I remember. From the others its more or less knowing gender, body type, skin complexion, and hair length and color.

wednesday said:
I have a question for those of you who know what you looked like. How did you get to see yourself?
During regressions sessions, I could sense my body and what it felt like to "occupy" that body. Also, the regression therapist always asked me to look at my shoes. While looking at the shoes, I could see my body. I could tell that the bodies were not all exactly the same, but the general height and weight were always similar.

Many ways. When I was very young (around 12) I started flashing on bits of past lives as if they were movies (3rd person perspective, mostly). Years later I looked myself in the mirror and saw the image of a past life self superimposed on my own face (this was just for an instant in time). In my late 20's or early 30's I tried a past-life regression exercise where the instructions specifically said to see yourself in 3rd person. You might want to try something like this if you want to see what you might have looked like. I saw someone who I found out 5 years later looked very much like the person in this etching: http://www.usna.edu/LibExhibits/JohnPaulJones/Images/jpa_port_large.jpg except he was on a horse and I assumed he was from the 1800's, as he reminded me much more of the guy I remembered from adolescence who was from the 1800's. The reason I looked up the guy in the etching was that when I was about 35 I was in the Revolutionary War section of the library and some voice (a spirit guide, perhaps?) told me to look up John Paul Jones. Now, there are several depictations of John Paul Jones and not all of them look alike. But I will say that particular etching looks just like the guy I saw in the self-hypnosis exercise I had done a few years prior.

I think I look somewhat similar in this life as I did in my previous lives. The two lives I remember most clearly and have done the most work on were both as males (so far all my past lives that I can recall have been male), and in this life I'm a female. The things that seem to hold the same from life to life are the fact that I am tall, my eyes are very very similar, and my smile is very similar. I have seen photographs of my most recent life, and the resemblance is not overwhelming, but it is fairly clear.

You ask about how we know what we look like in our previous lives... I have seen reflections of myself in water or in a mirror during my regressions, and my regression therapist has encouraged me to look at my shoes and clothing and get a general sense of what my body is like.

I tried mediatating last night and concentrating on seeing what I looked like in my last life. I really didn't expect this to work but it turned out to be a pretty cool experience. :)

I visualized looking into a large mirror and seeing myself and I look in my current life. Then I concentrated on a second mirror and thought, when I look into that mirror I will see myself in my last life.

The woman I saw was young (twenties - not older than that), dark curly-ish hair pulled back in a 40's style. She wearing a really ugly little hat with a bit of dark blue or black netting on it. She looked very Jewish and was definitely not anyone I know today. What really struck me though was her eyes - I could really see myself! :)

I would say yes, i do. And some other people i know online that they found who they were look pretty similar as well. However, as we were discussing, sometimes it's not the characteristics per se but they way we carry ourselves. For example, my eyes and eyebrows have some differences with the past, they're not anatomically exact, but people who have seen both will say that my look is the same. Same with the mouth, my lips and my teeth are different, but the smile is the same.

So it's weird. I always believed that the soul carries some DNA somehow and that's why we might look the same, but even if it does, it' s not quite like that, it's something different, more deep than if structures were just the same. We take what we get and we give it our personal imprint.

I don't look like any of my past lives that I'm aware of, and more's the pity. I had some good-looking bodies back then!

I've only had very quick glimpses of myself...I would say no, I don't look similar. I've looked very different (on the outside) each life so far.

Hello all if I haven't met you already, nice to meet you. When I did the regressions into my past , the regressionist would tell me to look into a mirror and observe my appearance. I think the greatest physical changes were when I would change gender or race, although I think the soul can change as it pleases from lifetime to lifetime, the eyes were always similar in shape and distance. Several times my hair and eyes changed color. The height and shape of my body was able to shift and change but what ever remained behind the eyes was familiar. It wasn't until I asked to be guided to photographic proof that my image was similar to my current appearance.

I should mention that I was very sceptical of the regression experience into my past life. It felt as if I were playing make believe. So when I found the actual photos, I did not recognize myself at first, though the face was very familiar. When finally realized it was me I was looking at, I compared picture after picture to myself through my lifetime. When I did research on this person I realized that my recurring dreams fit with this person. When I went searching for proof I knew whoever I was would have to be a person of note or fame in order for there to be preserved photographic proof. And this person would have to be born in the last 100 years. I was lucky to get that proof.

I believe that the soul projects a template of itself against the physical body. I have often wondered if this was true because it seemed to me when a person I knew all my life dies, I never could recognize the face of the body.. Whatever I recognized as that someone was gone. I think the difference in the appearance though similar is not exactly the same. I have changed races this lifetime and my face reflects genetic changes of my current family and race but there is still the eyes. They are similar.

myladymarlo said:
I believe that the soul projects a template of itself against the physical body. I have often wondered if this was true because it seemed to me when a person I knew all my life dies, I never could recognize the face of the body.. Whatever I recognized as that someone was gone.
That is actually a REALLY GOOD example! i liked it.

From the photos, there's a general overall likeness with some distinct matches in features and expressions.

Totoro said:
From the photos, there's a general overall likeness with some distinct matches in features and expressions.
Yes I agree Totoro the similar facial structure and expression I feel is very like each other. However I have shown my own sister comparison pictures of myself and my avatar and she will plainly say "I don't see it." My husband will giggle and run away if I try to bring up. Yeah maybe I have asked too much.

I like to point out to my sister that it would be very difficult in nature for even twins to be exactly the same. The body that I had before is dead and gone.

Its the memories I have of this person and her lifetime are what convince me that I was this person. The pictures are a pleasant peice of evidence to back it up.

I have the same problem with my wife :laugh:

I like to point out to my sister that it would be very difficult in nature for even twins to be exactly the same. The body that I had before is dead and gone.
Its the memories I have of this person and her lifetime are what convince me that I was this person. The pictures are a pleasant peice of evidence to back it up.
I think partly people (or mainly spouses etc) may fear you getting wrapped up in fantasy and then wanting to change, change you life etc and that's why they don't see it as you do.

Also too, you know the subtitles of your own face and I think those are easier for you to see than someone else. I agree though, even if it's close, when you asked a question and found your answer, how could that be chance that it's so close? From different people of different cultures, races and parts of the world and they're similar in appearance? When you combine that with birth dates, death dates and other biographical information, I think the case is very strong.

But regardless, don't let it get you down! I think in knowing, there's a lesson to be learned and that's for us alone! :laugh:

Totoro you are exactly right!:thumbsup:

It is a learning experience. One that I asked for. Not my sister

(wink wink)

Owl said:
I would say yes, i do. And some other people i know online that they found who they were look pretty similar as well. However, as we were discussing, sometimes it's not the characteristics per se but they way we carry ourselves. For example, my eyes and eyebrows have some differences with the past, they're not anatomically exact, but people who have seen both will say that my look is the same.
So it's weird. I always believed that the soul carries some DNA somehow and that's why we might look the same, but even if it does, it' s not quite like that, it's something different, more deep than if structures were just the same. We take what we get and we give it our personal imprint.
I giggled when I read your post. You spoke about the same thing That I Have been wondering about for over two years. It will be nice when scientist can test that theory with DNA. Maybe our past life avatars have similar sequence in their DNA to our own. I really think souls really do use DNA to build its body. If all matter has a frequency why wouldn't a soul be able to tune its likeness into DNA so to speak. Or something of that nature.

Phew !!! That went way over my head.

LoL that is nice when like minds think alike

Wow .... that could be a whole new tv show, matching dna and likenesses from one lifetime to the next :thumbsup:

myladymarlo said:
I giggled when I read your post. You spoke about the same thing That I Have been wondering about for over two years. It will be nice when scientist can test that theory with DNA. Maybe our past life avatars have similar sequence in their DNA to our own. I really think souls really do use DNA to build its body. If all matter has a frequency why wouldn't a soul be able to tune its likeness into DNA so to speak. Or something of that nature.
Yes, i' ve been thinking about DNA in the soul for a while. Which is linked to another hypothesis that i have that the soul is a material entity made with elements, either they are known or unknown. Hopefully when i learn more about organ transplants soon i' ll be able to formulate more ideas when the soul could have entered the body, because if it contains DNA from our past lives it might be recognized as a foreign entity by our immune system and be attacked, however, that doesn't happen as far as we know.

At risk of sounding weird and nuts i' ll confess that i thought about the idea of fingerprints being the same from life to life. I found a really rare document with a sample of my past life fingerprints and nope, they' re not similar in the big characteristics. If they are in the small ones no idea, i don' t know much about comparing fingerprints to tell.

mama, you should get that past a tv producer.

I do remember thinking when the internet first was made public that it would be a lot easier to find a past life. That thought was weird then but eventually it proved true because that is how I found myself.. With all the databases being available now with photos , fingerprints, history and dna. It might be possible one day soon to identify someone and prove they were that person once.

I hope that's not off topic.

In my last life, I have vivid memories of looking quite similar, and have a brother who looks similar to me as well.

I used to draw a pic of a face since I was in my teens.. I was going through a lot of trauma at home, my mom was losing her mind .. and drawing this face calmed me. Years later I met someone whose face was exactly the same, and also he felt like someone I have known all my life. The feeling of bliss and comfort when I was around him was something I had never felt before. So yes, if these things are true.. I am not sure they are.. I tend to think that face may remain same to some degree across lives..

Welcome sweejags, have you considered knowing his appearance prior to your incarnation, like in the life-planning stage? Do you have other memories or experiences with that person or otherwise that you would like to share? A lot of us are still trying to put the pieces together to understand our own circumstances in one form or another.

I have had this question for a long time,and i dont know if there is already a thread about it, but i will try anyways :)
I believe that when you have some memories, and you are still feeling close to that life or those lives, that you can still look a bit like you did in the past.
So my question is, do you look similar in this life to your past life?
And are there any people out there who know how they looked in past life?
I would love to hear your stories :)
take care,
Elisa
Mysterysoul,

Well that's a very good question and I guess (In my opinion) that depends on the souls stage of spiritual growth and evolution. Those that are still at a younger stage of spiritual development meaning infant and baby soul staged of consciousness tend to live shorter lifetimes in general and the life lessons tend to be more basic in nature. Like being in a certain social group, learning right from wrong, following the status quo rules laid down by their culture, same religious upbringing, survival within the physical plane, same gender ect.. They don't venture too far in terms of soul challenges yet as they are still mastering the basics of life lessons within the physical plane.

They also tend to incarnate within the same geographical area , race and gender ect… Their physical forms then are more or less about the same with some slight differences in facial appearance, height, health conditions, hair color ect.. However as the soul evolves, grows and matures it takes on more challenges within the physical world. During the young, mature and old soul stages of development these lessons become more, and more complex, layered and in some cases more dramatic and drastic in terms of physical manifestations.

At theses stages the physical bodies that are taken on involve, changing races, cultures, genders, social positions in life, handicaps, both physical, mental and emotional or health conditions to overcome ect... So each lifetime in some respects are totally different then the last one at least on the physical surface anyway. However the karmic lessons that are involved have followed the soul into the new lifetime still and will unfold gradually in the course of the new incarnation.

One video I watch once demonstrates the souls creative and unique ability to change form and manifestation on this physical plane.

The link is below. At around frame 5.26 watch it from a souls point of view as it changes lifetime to lifetime.

Thanks for asking the question by the way. It truly was a good one.

Love and Peace P.

Welcome sweejags, have you considered knowing his appearance prior to your incarnation, like in the life-planning stage? Do you have other memories or experiences with that person or otherwise that you would like to share? A lot of us are still trying to put the pieces together to understand our own circumstances in one form or another.
Thanks Ken J for responding. I can completely comprehend how difficult it is in life to get such visions and move on. So I am so glad to find this forum that shall help me rationalize my experience. Last two years it has been very difficult for me to logically comprehend my experiences that seem ridden with coincidences.

I met him about two years back, and I still get dreams about him. Since childhood I have been getting premonition dreams etc. , but not frequently. I kept dismissing them as I am a science student. When I met him, I was getting vivid visions, dreams all the time.

Initially I was getting 4 AM dreams of an 18'th century marriage, it had been us two. There were other dreams of my grandmother's hand on his head and etc. I kept dismissing them. We met through common crowds for a year, after which I left the city. During this year, we never got too close nor too friendly, but I am quite sure his eyes showed similar recognition, however I guess he didn't even know what was happening.

While he was around me I was also getting frequent vivid visions of other unhappy things that were to happen in my life. Most of these have occurred.

I had clear vibes when I was close to his house, and I had another vibe of where his new house or his friend's house maybe.. The way such vibes would come are also strange coincidences.

Once I left the place, out of curiosity I tried Astral Past Life regression. I had never heard of something like this, but I stumbled on this term per chance. Right on the first one I got vivid vision of a lifetime, with specific moments. Following this I have been trying regression and sometimes I get nothing, but other times I get vivid visions of a life of an 18'th century couple.

My skepticism tho'.. If we indeed had been together back then.. the fondness nostalgia and comfort I feel with this man must be felt by him too. We are not in touch tho' we have each other's contact, and I have no clarity on what his experiences are.

However, I still keep getting these vivid visions, tho not as often as when I used to be around him. A lot of you mention the eye contact and the eyes are the key memory. This is very true in my case. His eyes always made me feel extremely nostalgic.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting freely about this experience. It could be that the two of you are on two different levels at this point or there is a need to work through something without the help of reincarnation knowledge.

Hardly any of my past selves looked like me now as many were different races. The essence of the eyes were the same, but nothing else was.

I look kind of like my Roman past life, but I think that might be coincidental. We have roughly the same coloring and a similar-ish face. His hair appeared to be a shade lighter though.

Thank you for posting freely about this experience. It could be that the two of you are on two different levels at this point or there is a need to work through something without the help of reincarnation knowledge.
Yes, but we live in different circles. I hope to read more here, and comprehend other such experiences so I am able to better deal with these coincidences and visions.
As to how I looked in my past life regression? I looked the same.. but more on 18'th century ambiance. There was also a little boy who I recognize as one of the children I have seen in this life in our circles.

Last edited:
Back